Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: LaalGulab

No. My parents words don't affect my self esteem or confidence, and neither does Akshay Kumar's comments. 

Because he essentially is speaking about how "HE" likes women to be ,and I really don't care if I don't fit into that. 

Good for you then! But those same comments could infact do damage to someone else. Do check body shaming related teen and adult suicides rates especially from family and peer circle related bullying. 

And he essentially talks about ' Indian woman'  here : She has an absolutely different figure - a typical, Indian figure and not size zero. Khaate peete gharane ki lagti hain. I am a pure Punjabi. I like heroines who are hari bhari. Chusa hua aam na lagey,

Typical Indian figure. I wonder why that is the Hari Bhari kind.  Also it does not matter if it affects you or not personally lol. He really has to explain why he thinks the typical Indian figure is Hari-Bhari. 

LaalGulab thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Good for you then! But those same comments could infact do damage to someone else. Do check body shaming related teen and adult suicides rates especially from family and peer circle related bullying. 

And he essentially talks about ' Indian woman'  here : She has an absolutely different figure - a typical, Indian figure and not size zero. Khaate peete gharane ki lagti hain. I am a pure Punjabi. I like heroines who are hari bhari. Chusa hua aam na lagey,

Typical Indian figure. I wonder why that is the Hari Bhari kind.  Also it does not matter if it affects you or not personally lol. He really has to explain why he thinks the typical Indian figure is Hari-Bhari. 

In that case,don't only question Akshay Kumar, question all the Indian aunties who think women should have curves. 😆

And today's teens should stop worrying about their appearance and figure,and concentrate on building their career.  Because not all teens are going to become actresses or models, many of them will become doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers etc. And clearly, in these careers, their vital statistics don't really matter. 

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: LaalGulab

In that case,don't only question Akshay Kumar, question all the Indian aunties who think women should have curves. 😆

And today's teens should stop worrying about their appearance and figure,and concentrate on building their career.  Because not all teens are going to become actresses or models, many of them will become doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers etc. And clearly, in these careers, their vital statistics don't really matter. 

Lmao. I will question everyone saying it. But aunties are not getting their stupid opinions amplified by the media and they are also not projecting themselves as a savior of women and women empowerment 😆 so I will question this great example of a man lol.

Yes, today's teens should stop doing a lot of things but feeling crushing insecurity at how the world treats them as human beings based on their appearance is not their fault. Its the society's fault. How about you say ' Today's society and public figures should stop body shaming women' :) Thats more like it. Rather than asking teens, we should demand the adults do their bidding and not talk shit about women's bodies. Thank you very much 😆 And again, its almost like you are far removed from reality : Teens and adults mostly commit suicide from their family and peer bullying. Its the inner circle who does not care about their profession. Even new mothers are shamed for their weight and its an ample part of their post natal depression phase.  Indian society cares a little too much about vital stats. 

LaalGulab thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Lmao. I will question everyone saying it. But aunties are not getting their stupid opinions amplified by the media and they are also not projecting themselves as a savior of women and women empowerment 😆 so I will question this great example of a man lol.

Yes, today's teens should stop doing a lot of things but feeling crushing insecurity at how the world treats them as human beings based on their appearance is not their fault. Its the society's fault. How about you say ' Today's society and public figures should stop body shaming women' :) Thats more like it. Rather than asking teens, we should demand the adults do their bidding and not talk shit about women's bodies. Thank you very much 😆 And again, its almost like you are far removed from reality : Teens and adults mostly commit suicide from their family and peer bullying. Its the inner circle who does not care about their profession. Even new mothers are shamed for their weight and its an ample part of their post natal depression phase.  Indian society cares a little too much about vital stats. 

Isn't your comment self contradictory? 

You are saying yourself that teens and adults commit suicide because of their family and peer bullying. 

But again you are saying that you will question Akshay Kumar more than the aunties who do it more frequently. 🤪

Fine, carry on questioning 👍🏼

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Akki is nowadays working with Kriti Sanons, Radhika Aptes and Sonam Kapoor, yeh 2012 ka interview ko leke kitna royogay.

Who knows this was probably made to resurface by Reshma, to generate some controversy.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Sonakshi ke sath i like hari bhari

Kriti ke sath i like fit girls , 

Basically sab pasand hai just depending on which movie they are promoting

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: S_H_Y

Sonakshi ke sath i like hari bhari

Kriti ke sath i like fit girls , 

Basically sab pasand hai just depending on which movie they are promoting

Aur yeh article bhi resurfaced probably to get the ire of the social media pseudo feminists, who have nowadays become a tool for movie makers to generate buzz.

S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

Aur yeh article bhi resurfaced probably to get the ire of the social media pseudo feminists, who have nowadays become a tool for movie makers to generate buzz.

Ye to Hollywood Bollywood sab jagah ho raha hai , make some controversy to generate film buzz by easily triggered social media warriors ,din bhar tweet kar kar ke promote kar denge film ko.

Lady_Impala thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

abhi dekh le apni heroino ko. Kam chuse hue aam nahi lag rahe. 

Kriti, etc.

sherlockthor thumbnail

he is turning out to be a no filter uncle.. 

some uncles have no filter to their mouths