Tic Tac Toe without strategy

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I finally caught up on yesterday's and today's epi in one go so figured I'd do my share of rambling😆

In yesterday's epi, the tic tac toe game seemed to indicate another one of those attempts at a metaphor by the writers that I think invariably ends up also giving away how ad-hoc the writing has become nowawadays.  Earlier, they used to have long term arcs planned out.....they had long term visions for the characters.....now we get tic-tac-toe without strategy....like HS played it in that scene.....kahin bhi lagaate jaao circle ya cross, HOPING you will find "balance" and win the game.....lol that seemed like the writers giving away their state of mind.....balance mil gaya toh bhi theek, nahin mila toh just shrug and whatever😆

I say this because the scenes as always appear to be a mixed bag without any coherent long term vision for the characters given the point they are at. It's like traits appear simply for the 2-3 days of drama and then disappear again.

One noteworthy thing to come out of these two epis.....the characters who otherwise spent 200 epis getting to know each other quite closely, suddenly seem to barely get each other....lol

1. Babita is surprised that an HS otherwise so samajhdaar is so casual about disciplining Mini
  2. HS's priority is to be in Mini's good graces....woh relax ho jaaye toh he thinks everything is fixed....LOL
  3. HS also thinks that Babita overthinks a lot and he just wants to work AROUND her rather than WITH her.....lol same goes for Babita....she also ends up working around him rather than with him.
  4. Kabhi HS is full on joru ka ghulam, kabhi he's not....if he pushes back a bit to disagree with Babita,  he only does it to pander to Mini rather than really coming across with what his own objective viewpoint is. 
  5. Mini is in her own lala land for some reason and actually thinks her mother is oh so liberal.....LOL she spent her whole life with Babita and still didn't get her.....the confused look on her face when Mickey pointed out the obvious re: Babita ki reactions.....haha sab abhi bhi apne zone mein. 

And the fundamental issue since the wedding.....these people don't have any faith in their own relationships.....how sad....what they once sold to us as people striving to make a beautiful future for themselves against all odds....is now a story of people who are so "whatever" about their relationships.....lol 

• --Babita literally has barely any respect for her own relationship with HS....lol she has no response for people cheapening hers and HS's relationship developing into love and marriage......she jumped into a relationship, took a step that she herself wasn't fully sure about.....bas kehne ke liye kar li shaadi.....without really knowing what your equation with each other was...without really knowing each other.....toh ab yeh haal hai ki ek dusre ko bhi barely samajhte ho aur is rishte ko bhi....what a pity. 

When you still don't know yourself, how will you know your relationships.....Babita is the most obvious confused case.....but HS and Mini aren't in any much better state....he too is confused about what he really wants out of this family.....this pandering approach is a total mess. And Mini....lol for all her confidence is actually totally clueless about how confused she herself is. 

And sabse bade confused log writers hain.....lol the people I used to respect for long term vision with the characters have now proven they can't think beyond 3-4 epis....there is no larger purpose here anymore....it's about how much drama you can generate for 3-4 epis and then move on to whatever whim strikes next. 

Which is why all these speeches about tic tac toe, balance, trust have started to ring super hollow now. 

Anyways, the only genuine moment of emotion was the HS-NB scene....brief touching upon of the emotions that have been swept aside for the sake of contrived drama....instead of exploring that psyche, we are sitting here with such a contrived depiction of a conservative, confused guilt tripping mom. 

The writers may have  "progressive" ideas about relationships that they want to put out....but their execution is sorely lacking these days....don't know if they have the self-introspection ability to grasp that.....what a waste to lose this after getting it right for so many epis. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Excellent analysis of the episode by you, Anu! 🤗

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

Excellent analysis of the episode by you, Anu! 🤗

Lol thank you for your response 😆

I’d forgotten I made this thread 😆

AreYaar thumbnail

HS-Mini seem to have been put completely on the back burner and only seem to interact for a Babita related issue 🤔

And the actor playing Micky is looking kinda bloated onscreen these days....looks more obviously in his late 20s, than the 19 or something Micky he’s trying to play. The age gap between him and Ashnoor is standing out more obviously. 

And I’ve lost interest in Micky and Mini’s equation thanks to all this faltu tamasha. LOL@ the kids acting like know it alls....sab bhool gaye that they were having trip catch scenes in the shaadi....the entire execution of trying to show a generation gap in perception of friendships totally rings hollow thanks to the many scenes that have made it obvious that MM are attracted to each other....doesn’t mean they will betray Preet, but why act like you are so above it all? Don’t try to hide behind a convenient smokescreen like this is a purely platonic relationship. Babita’s reaction is obviously OTT, but the kids are hardly playing it straight with her. Lol ghanta soulmates. Confused toh Yeh bacche bhi hain but oh so confident about their own presumptions 😆

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: AreYaar

HS-Mini seem to have been put completely on the back burner and only seem to interact for a Babita related issue 🤔

And the actor playing Micky is looking kinda bloated onscreen these days....looks more obviously in his late 20s, than the 19 or something Micky he’s trying to play. The age gap between him and Ashnoor is standing out more obviously. 

And I’ve lost interest in Micky and Mini’s equation thanks to all this faltu tamasha. LOL@ the kids acting like know it alls....sab bhool gaye that they were having trip catch scenes in the shaadi....the entire execution of trying to show a generation gap in perception of friendships totally rings hollow thanks to the many scenes that have made it obvious that MM are attracted to each other....doesn’t mean they will betray Preet, but why act like you are so above it all? Don’t try to hide behind a convenient smokescreen like this is a purely platonic relationship. Babita’s reaction is obviously OTT, but the kids are hardly playing it straight with her. Lol ghanta soulmates. Confused toh Yeh bacche bhi hain but oh so confident about their own presumptions 😆

I think it is veering towards Minnie actually realizing one day that is indeed in love with Mickey and that her mother wasn't wrong, but in the meantime there will be lots of differences of opinion because of all the issues we've seen and more to come.

In all this, I wonder what will happen to HS' daawa that Minnie is always going to be first for him. After their partial reconciliation, and the way he asked for one chance, I find it hard to believe that he would let her go so easily. 

Would it mean there would be issues between Hanita if he feels Babita drove his daughter away? That would be ironic. I really don't want to see him having to stay with Babita just because of the new baby and not being able to be part of Minnie's life anymore. Just thinking about it is painful. 

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

I think it is veering towards Minnie actually realizing one day that is indeed in love with Mickey and that her mother wasn't wrong, but in the meantime there will be lots of differences of opinion because of all the issues we've seen and more to come.

In all this, I wonder what will happen to HS' daawa that Minnie is always going to be first for him. After their partial reconciliation, and the way he asked for one chance, I find it hard to believe that he would let her go so easily. 

Would it mean there would be issues between Hanita if he feels Babita drove his daughter away? That would be ironic. I really don't want to see him having to stay with Babita just because of the new baby and not being able to be part of Minnie's life anymore. Just thinking about it is painful. 

LOL you expect too much....he is lattu over Babita....even if Mini leaves, he will stoically keep his husband mode going along with baby ki responsibility. He lacks the guts to actually fight for his and Mini's equation with Babita.....mainly cuz Babita will always play the card that she's MY daughter that I raised for 17 years....you toh just got her now😆....and itne mein hi mum ho jaayega HS.....since he doesn't have the official father wala haq from Mini either. 

Cuz father angle pe toh kisi ne baat nahin karni....it's just a token title....they talk about him being a father to Mini without talking to Mini about how she feels on the subject😆

As for Mini-Mickey.....lol you actually think they will show Mini realizing that her mother wasn't wrong on something? 😲.....haha nope, they will more likely try to twist this around to Mini feeling more sympathy for Ashok-Meeta and how their love evolved beyond their control....maybe she will make Babita understand the same too.....LOL.....ho gayi "empowerment"....lol 

Background mein HS khadaa hoga sar jhuka ke😆

Bone thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

I don't know why Bhabita going like this.

inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

LOL you expect too much....he is lattu over Babita....even if Mini leaves, he will stoically keep his husband mode going along with baby ki responsibility. He lacks the guts to actually fight for his and Mini's equation with Babita.....mainly cuz Babita will always play the card that she's MY daughter that I raised for 17 years....you toh just got her now😆....and itne mein hi mum ho jaayega HS.....since he doesn't have the official father wala haq from Mini either. 

Cuz father angle pe toh kisi ne baat nahin karni....it's just a token title....they talk about him being a father to Mini without talking to Mini about how she feels on the subject😆

As for Mini-Mickey.....lol you actually think they will show Mini realizing that her mother wasn't wrong on something? 😲.....haha nope, they will more likely try to twist this around to Mini feeling more sympathy for Ashok-Meeta and how their love evolved beyond their control....maybe she will make Babita understand the same too.....LOL.....ho gayi "empowerment"....lol 

Background mein HS khadaa hoga sar jhuka ke😆

Argh... I hate this idea of showing women empowerment at the expense of making men look weak or stupid. Why can't they both be strong?

So what are they trying to show? The whole tu first hai, I love you more than I love your mother, etc. Babita and her being his jeene ki aakhri umeed, was all just words? Jeez.

Kahaan maine socha that he would fight for her, and even more that she would fight for HS, par woh sab nahin hua. I mean, we got a lot of it in the Imarti track and then what happened?

I can't see that raub waala thanedaar being reduced to this. It's not fair and I refuse to believe that the HS we know would do this. It just doesn't fit.  

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Argh... I hate this idea of showing women empowerment at the expense of making men look weak or stupid. Why can't they both be strong?

So what are they trying to show? The whole tu first hai, I love you more than I love your mother, etc. Babita and her being his jeene ki aakhri umeed, was all just words? Jeez.

Kahaan maine socha that he would fight for her, and even more that she would fight for HS, par woh sab nahin hua. I mean, we got a lot of it in the Imarti track and then what happened?

I can't see that raub waala thanedaar being reduced to this. It's not fair and I refuse to believe that the HS we know would do this. It just doesn't fit.  

Hum sab Logon ne bahut Kuch soch liya. Sigh. Can’t even blame ourselves cuz the writers set it up in such a way ki koi bhi aise hi sochta about the evolution of these equations 🤷‍♀️

And word. I don’t think there is any true empowerment at the cost of making men look like wimps. True empowerment lies in balance in relationships....neither should be cowed down at the cost of the other. 

Anyways, it’s not like Babita got any true empowerment in all this anyways 🙄....she’s stuck in a worse zone now in some ways. So dunno kis ko mila empowerment in all this 🤷‍♀️ 

And you’ve put that idea in my head now. Lol Mini really is behaving like she passed on Babes ki responsibility to HS and she can relax now....lol so was Babita a burden on her all these  years? Bas free hona chahti thi usse as soon as sahi candidate mila? 😂....but how naive to think ki jisko project pass on kiya, woh burdened nahin hoga. 

Sab burdened hi rahenge unless you all work TOGETHER to manage these relationships....yeh nahin ki passing the parcel khelo 🙄😂

naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hum sab Logon ne bahut Kuch soch liya. Sigh. Can’t even blame ourselves cuz the writers set it up in such a way ki koi bhi aise hi sochta about the evolution of these equations 🤷‍♀️

And word. I don’t think there is any true empowerment at the cost of making men look like wimps. True empowerment lies in balance in relationships....neither should be cowed down at the cost of the other. 

Anyways, it’s not like Babita got any true empowerment in all this anyways 🙄....she’s stuck in a worse zone now in some ways. So dunno kis ko mila empowerment in all this 🤷‍♀️ 

And you’ve put that idea in my head now. Lol Mini really is behaving like she passed on Babes ki responsibility to HS and she can relax now....lol so was Babita a burden on her all these  years? Bas free hona chahti thi usse as soon as sahi candidate mila? 😂....but how naive to think ki jisko project pass on kiya, woh burdened nahin hoga. 

Sab burdened hi rahenge unless you all work TOGETHER to manage these relationships....yeh nahin ki passing the parcel khelo 🙄😂

Remember 1st episode Preet asks mini if she will be able to go to Delhi for her course leaving her mother alone.  She says my father will come back and I will tell him now take care of your responsibility I have handled all these years so that I am free. So mini to kab se hi free Hona chahti hai. Babita has been a responsibility for mini which she has passed on to HS now. 

Regarding mini Mickey.  I can't remember the trips and falls during wedding but I dont see mini feeling a romantic attraction towards him till now. She feels he is special and because he understands her so well she gave it an angle of platonic soulmates (which do exist btw its just that our minds are spoiled with the idea of only romantic soulmates) . Mickey ka I dont know what he feels though if he is over mini or not. The point is that you cannot stop current friendship because in future you may or may not feel romantic attraction towards each other. And as Preet Mickey are dating both Mickey and mini are also wanting to believe that this is not going to happen in future also. Babita is actually wrong in comparing both situations between her and hs none of them were committed to another person where as in mi mi case one of them is that too to minis best friend. Does babita think that mini will get lost in her hormones and attraction and cheat on Preet. What she has actually done is put things in preets mind. Some day if Mickey prioritises mini over her she may just lash out at mini with your mom was right in doubting you. How is Preet supposed to trust mini if her own mother has blamed her like this.