Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AreYaar thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: naq5

Regarding mini Mickey.  I can't remember the trips and falls during wedding but I dont see mini feeling a romantic attraction towards him till now. She feels he is special and because he understands her so well she gave it an angle of platonic soulmates (which do exist btw its just that our minds are spoiled with the idea of only romantic soulmates) . Mickey ka I dont know what he feels though if he is over mini or not. The point is that you cannot stop current friendship because in future you may or may not feel romantic attraction towards each other. And as Preet Mickey are dating both Mickey and mini are also wanting to believe that this is not going to happen in future also. Babita is actually wrong in comparing both situations between her and hs none of them were committed to another person where as in mi mi case one of them is that too to minis best friend. Does babita think that mini will get lost in her hormones and attraction and cheat on Preet. What she has actually done is put things in preets mind. Some day if Mickey prioritises mini over her she may just lash out at mini with your mom was right in doubting you. How is Preet supposed to trust mini if her own mother has blamed her like this.

LOL I very much know what platonic soulmates are....and no, I don’t expect only romantic soulmates. 

My point was that Mini and Micky have been shown to have many trip catch scenes where she has shown a sense of awareness of him, so their relationship isn’t really platonic...they are trying to keep it platonic for now but the emotions underneath are not fully platonic. Which is why I find their claim of platonic soulmates to be bullshit.

Mickey is definitely not over Mini....he’s just resigned himself to friendship cuz she’s drawn that line....and Preet is an easy relationship for him without much emotional investment....he’s obviously way more emotionally invested in Mini. Anyone can see it. Only Preet chooses to be blind to it. Lol 

Babita is wrong in creating tamasha. But Mini is not any less confused herself despite claiming she is clear about her feelings for Mickey. She is twisting the soulmate concept for her convenience right now. 

Whole thing is a mess. 

Edited by AreYaar - 4 years ago
naq5 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: AreYaar

LOL I very much know what platonic soulmates are....and no, I don’t expect only romantic soulmates. 

My point was that Mini and Micky have been shown to have many trip catch scenes where she has shown a sense of awareness of him, so their relationship isn’t really platonic...they are trying to keep it platonic for now but the emotions underneath are not fully platonic. Which is why I find their claim of platonic soulmates to be bullshit.

Mickey is definitely not over Mini....he’s just resigned himself to friendship cuz she’s drawn that line....and Preet is an easy relationship for him without much emotional investment....he’s obviously way more emotionally invested in Mini. Anyone can see it. Only Preet chooses to be blind to it. Lol 

Babita is wrong in creating tamasha. But Mini is not any less confused herself despite claiming she is clear about her feelings for Mickey. She is twisting the soulmate concept for her convenience right now. 

Whole thing is a mess. 

Ok I was telling that because most people done get platonic soulmates.

Mickey ka to I feel he has chosen Preet because ladki ne interest dikhaya. That happens a lot if times.  Mini I still feel is not confused. The confusion for mini  is about how well does he understand me inspite of we not being romantic partners. I feel he is special but he is not my romantic partner. The confusion  in her mind while writing the diary was  because he gets to her in a way no one else can. So because of that mini has decided to name it soulmate connection as she analysed for herself that it was not romantic.. I dont think she has felt confused after that. And I dont see mini feeling romantic attraction for Mickey yet. If she feels or not in future depends on how writers want to take. 

And even Preet can see that Mickey is emotionally more invested in mini.  I think she chooses to be blind to it because she herself is not emotionally invested in him. And infact even mini is not that emotionally invested in Mickey in the way he is. 

Edited by naq5 - 4 years ago
inlieu thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Hum sab Logon ne bahut Kuch soch liya. Sigh. Can’t even blame ourselves cuz the writers set it up in such a way ki koi bhi aise hi sochta about the evolution of these equations 🤷‍♀️

And word. I don’t think there is any true empowerment at the cost of making men look like wimps. True empowerment lies in balance in relationships....neither should be cowed down at the cost of the other. 

Anyways, it’s not like Babita got any true empowerment in all this anyways 🙄....she’s stuck in a worse zone now in some ways. So dunno kis ko mila empowerment in all this 🤷‍♀️ 

And you’ve put that idea in my head now. Lol Mini really is behaving like she passed on Babes ki responsibility to HS and she can relax now....lol so was Babita a burden on her all these  years? Bas free hona chahti thi usse as soon as sahi candidate mila? 😂....but how naive to think ki jisko project pass on kiya, woh burdened nahin hoga. 

Sab burdened hi rahenge unless you all work TOGETHER to manage these relationships....yeh nahin ki passing the parcel khelo 🙄😂

Yeah, I sometimes think Babita was doing way better when she was in the early stages, fighting with Trilok seth, etc. 

I am feeling more and more that Minnie wanted to hand her project over to HS but she realized even after getting married to a nice guy like HS her mom's still needing "supervision". It's Babita who's having trouble letting go because she is so attached to Minnie and their lives are so tangled that it's toxic. All the poison in each of them is spilling out from time to time. In a way I feel that in her heart Minnie chose HS as the best candidate to pass on the responsibility of Babita so that she herself can relax a bit. You can see it in her body language. 

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: naq5

Ok I was telling that because most people done get platonic soulmates.

Mickey ka to I feel he has chosen Preet because ladki ne interest dikhaya. That happens a lot if times.  Mini I still feel is not confused. The confusion for mini  is about how well does he understand me inspite of we not being romantic partners. I feel he is special but he is not my romantic partner. The confusion  in her mind while writing the diary was  because he gets to her in a way no one else can. So because of that mini has decided to name it soulmate connection as she analysed for herself that it was not romantic.. I dont think she has felt confused after that. And I dont see mini feeling romantic attraction for Mickey yet. If she feels or not in future depends on how writers want to take. 

And even Preet can see that Mickey is emotionally more invested in mini.  I think she chooses to be blind to it because she herself is not emotionally invested in him. And infact even mini is not that emotionally invested in Mickey in the way he is. 

That’s the explanation Mini has given to herself for convenience. If she didn’t have some level of attraction to him, she wouldn’t have felt guilt for spending time alone with him that one time and tried to call Preet. 

Everyone made it easy for each other by labeling it a soulmate connection so that they don’t have to self reflect anymore. 

This still doesn’t explain why Mini gets self conscious whenever she has a trip catch scene with Micky...lol everyone seems to have forgotten the trip catch scene they had during the shaadi when he was helping her fix the lights. 

Babita has made a mess of the situation by yelling and slapping so this has changed the whole topic into “narrow minded society” angle rather than actually addressing the facade that MM and Preet are actually confused themselves about their real feelings but conveniently want to pretend it’s only about the parents not understanding.

No one is asking them to label what they share. But I don’t agree with this skewing of the issue either. 

YoungHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

I agree I don’t think what Mini and Mickey share is a platonic soulmate/friendship. All three, MMP are confused on this front. I don’t get the feeling that Mickey likes P in the same way that P likes M. Mickey still has feelings for Mini it seems... he’s just more ok with hiding it or suppressing it for Mini’s sake and doing the friend zone. Mini also has feelings for Mickey somewhere but is confused with the whole soulmate angle. She doesn’t realize it or doesn’t wanna express it yet. Something is bound to happen between these 3 which will break their friendship in the future I feel. 

AreYaar thumbnail

I’ll add that Mini has a block in her mind against romantic entanglement of ANY kind, not just specifically with Micky. So the reason she can’t consciously see him as a romantic partner is cuz she won’t allow herself to....that doesn’t change the truth of the attraction and attachment she does feel towards him. 

And it’s pretty obvious the writers will turn them into a couple at some point. LOL then all this tamasha will feel even more ironic 😆

AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: inlieu

Yeah, I sometimes think Babita was doing way better when she was in the early stages, fighting with Trilok seth, etc. 

I am feeling more and more that Minnie wanted to hand her project over to HS but she realized even after getting married to a nice guy like HS her mom's still needing "supervision". It's Babita who's having trouble letting go because she is so attached to Minnie and their lives are so tangled that it's toxic. All the poison in each of them is spilling out from time to time. In a way I feel that in her Minnie chose HS as the best candidate to pass on the responsibility of Babita so that she herself can relax a bit. You can see it in her body language. 

LOL it was really shortsighted of Mini. Who hands off a project without a transition period? That too when the project itself is so volatile? 😂😂

So obviously Babita will have trouble letting go. Mini has been her lifeline all her life. How will she learn to detach overnight? These things need to be talked through rather than Mini and HS playing passing the parcel with Babita. But then, Babita is such an exhausting person to deal with, you can’t even blame them for avoiding having to deal with her issues to get some peace of mind 😂

I still find it hilarious that HS thought he would have a peaceful life with BABITA? 🤣🤣....Peace and Babita kis angle se hand in hand jaate hain bhai ✋😂

inlieu thumbnail

I’ll add that Mini has a block in her mind against romantic entanglement of ANY kind, not just specifically with Micky. So the reason she can’t consciously see him as a romantic partner is cuz she won’t allow herself to....that doesn’t change the truth of the attraction and attachment she does feel towards him. 

And it’s pretty obvious the writers will turn them into a couple at some point. LOL then all this tamasha will feel even more ironic 😆

I totally agree with this. She somehow managed to find LOVE acceptable as a concept because of HS, but she still doesn't feel it's for her. Plus, seeing the complications so soon after the wedding would want to make her run the other way too. 

I know it's cliched but I hope HS gets hold of her diary one day or has a heart to heart with Mickey about Minnie's mental state. 

And yeah, with names like Mickey and Minnie, there's a 99.99% chance of them ending up as a couple, especially considering Minnie would subconsciously look for a guy like HS and Mickey is already heading that way.

Edited by inlieu - 4 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: LoveInAutumn26

I agree I don’t think what Mini and Mickey share is a platonic soulmate/friendship. All three, MMP are confused on this front. I don’t get the feeling that Mickey likes P in the same way that P likes M. Mickey still has feelings for Mini it seems... he’s just more ok with hiding it or suppressing it for Mini’s sake and doing the friend zone. Mini also has feelings for Mickey somewhere but is confused with the whole soulmate angle. She doesn’t realize it or doesn’t wanna express it yet. Something is bound to happen between these 3 which will break their friendship in the future I feel. 

I agree. And even P’s emotional investment level is not super deep. She’s a shallow girl in general who just wants romance and shaadi....and current candidate is Mickey. All guys in her life just seem like candidates for shaadi rather than ppl she is actually emotionally invested in. Lol

And yes, the friendship will definitely fall apart at some point, most likely over this lie they are living of how Mickey plays dual role of soulmate and BF for Mini and Preet respectively. Lol jis din jhatka lagega, us din royenge baith ke and guilt trip karenge. 

inlieu thumbnail

LOL it was really shortsighted of Mini. Who hands off a project without a transition period? That too when the project itself is so volatile? 😂😂

So obviously Babita will have trouble letting go. Mini has been her lifeline all her life. How will she learn to detach overnight? These things need to be talked through rather than Mini and HS playing passing the parcel with Babita. But then, Babita is such an exhausting person to deal with, you can’t even blame them for avoiding having to deal with her issues to get some peace of mind 😂

I still find it hilarious that HS thought he would have a peaceful life with BABITA? 🤣🤣....Peace and Babita kis angle se hand in hand jaate hain bhai ✋😂

She is exhausting and I can't see HS just giving and giving and giving for the rest of his life without it sapping all his energy.

HS admitted that over time he realized that she wasn't so simple but ek baar jo usne shaadi ki commitment kar li to woh apne aap ki bhi nahin sunega. 

I think deep down this is one of the reasons he took a step back after the Imarti track and didn't go and propose to her, even when they were about to leave the haveli. He has been wary of her for a long time and I hope he continues to have his no-nonsense attitude.