Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: trouble_006

@Bold : has that been implemented/said anywhere that all the government exams will only  be in Hindi? 

Sorry I'm not aware of any such action so would like some information on the same. 

I don't think it's implemented...bt one idiotic kerala bjp member actually said that n mallu news channels were discussing it.. N I don't think it's far fetched too, if we have a national language then our govt exams will be on that language instead of angrezzi.. 

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: trouble_006

@Bold : has that been implemented/said anywhere that all the government exams will only  be in Hindi? 

Sorry I'm not aware of any such action so would like some information on the same. 

not only in Hindi but SSC cgl does happen in English n Hindi. A lil advantage for Hindi speaking candidates they can give the exam in their mothertongue,while Bengali,Tamil,telegu etc speakers can't they HV only English as option . But those two r the administrative official language so...

Edited by Charaiveti - 4 years ago
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

the only language which should be made national language is sign language.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

My mom is Gujarati, my dad is Konkani, my dadi is Kannada

I went to an English medium school. I learned Marathi because of Maharashtra. And Hindi because its in the SSC curriculum. 

The multitude of languages and dialects make India unique. The linguistic variance to me is intrinsic to our culture. The notion that any language is superior or should be imposed over the other is repulsive. 

Honestly, South Indians don't dislike Hindi, but sometimes have extreme knee jerk reactions against Hindi due to Hindi imperialism by some Hindi speakers

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

the only language which should be made national language is sign language.

Esperanto

Ruhi.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Does haasan think he is aiming for the lowest common denominator with such statements... We can still do better than him.

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

My mom is Gujarati, my dad is Konkani, my dadi is Kannada

I went to an English medium school. I learned Marathi because of Maharashtra. And Hindi because its in the SSC curriculum. 

The multitude of languages and dialects make India unique. The linguistic variance to me is intrinsic to our culture. The notion that any language is superior or should be imposed over the other is repulsive. 

Honestly, South Indians don't dislike Hindi, but sometimes have extreme knee jerk reactions against Hindi due to Hindi imperialism by some Hindi speakers

That is the whole truth! Here I have seen a lot of South Indians being seen down by the Hindi speakers like as if they come from some backward areas just because they don't speak fluent Hindi, when the truth is actually these south Indians are way more educated than these so called Hindi speakers! Its not just one or two but a mind boggling majority who does that...

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

That is the whole truth! Here I have seen a lot of South Indians being seen down by the Hindi speakers like as if they come from some backward areas just because they don't speak fluent Hindi, when the truth is actually these south Indians are way more educated than these so called Hindi speakers! Its not just one or two but a mind boggling majority who does that...

it goes both way though, I have seen many South Indians teasing Northies for their disastrous English lol.

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

it goes both way though, I have seen many South Indians teasing Northies for their disastrous English lol.

I don't know where you have seen that...But majority of the south Indians are known to keep a low key and mind their own business...They just try to blend in by going the extra mile of trying to speak broken Hindi...This I am saying as a neutral observer! 

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Mere taare aaj Kal gardish Mai chal rahe hai.. sabse fight ho rahi hai.. 

So I will stay away from this topic.. ðŸ˜† kyunki hona kuch nhi.. kisi na kisi se Sath behas hojaygi.