Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

This guy is just trying to cash in on this sensitive topic... I am against forcing any language on anyone but I do not support trashing any language just to elevate your own... I have studied English Hindi and regional language in school why can’t it be the same everywhere u still get to learn more languages and you are still maintains your mother tongue... 

This language of inciting people has caused this rift between the north and the south and hope people have grown beyond language to realize that we are Indians first...

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

That is the whole truth! Here I have seen a lot of South Indians being seen down by the Hindi speakers like as if they come from some backward areas just because they don't speak fluent Hindi, when the truth is actually these south Indians are way more educated than these so called Hindi speakers! Its not just one or two but a mind boggling majority who does that...

@bold: aren't you doing the same in this post aka looking down on an entire community? 

Originally posted by: trouble_006

@bold: aren't you doing the same in this post aka looking down on an entire community? 

I am talking about the particular group which did this...Not about the general population in India...I have no way to know about it, let alone comment on it!

trouble_006 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 3 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Stark_Wolf

I don't think it's implemented...bt one idiotic kerala bjp member actually said that n mallu news channels were discussing it.. N I don't think it's far fetched too, if we have a national language then our govt exams will be on that language instead of angrezzi.. 

As you mentioned already in your post, that MP must be an idiot. He was probably trying to earn some brownie points, so all this is nothing but people trying to create an issue. One kerala bjp MP can't decide this country's national language. Nothing happens in BJP without Modi n Shah's approval and Shah is smart, he knows that even proposing any such bill will cause major backlash within his own party n alliances(aka ShivSena, karnataka BJP unit, North East etc). So ya, not gonna happen. And by chance if this bill is proposed, its won't be passed in RS(unlike article 370 removal where they had support from all these parties). 

So chill people, nobody is imposing any language on anyone. 

Peace out❤️

Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: RegressiveThug

it goes both way though, I have seen many South Indians teasing Northies for their disastrous English lol.

phirse south vs north. Me eastwali ready with popcorn😆

On a serious note we all have so many bad ideas about each other's communities. Ghulne Milne ki zarurat h hum sabko bcz rarely anyone will be rude to a community if they get to know them closely

Sea-stars thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4

I am from North India and I love masala dosa, sambhar idli, Uttapam, vadha sambhar and coconut chutney and the way people eat rice on big green leaves with hands.

Respect all languages.

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail

Well babies in diapers are cutest ...so he's calling Hindi "cute" .... How cute .. 🤣

TMKOC_MY thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: pink_doughnut

As a Malayalee I strongly advocate for Hindi to be the national language. A country needs an official language known to all to unify all its peoples. It can't be English because it is the remnant of our colonial times. Hindi is most widely spoken in India. You can learn both Hindi and your mothee tongue in school.

This is what I always wanted to hear from an Indian from South. Even I can learn one of the south languages for equality but would love to have our own language as National language.

Jaitreya23 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MercurialMedusa

Worse things are said by many about the languages mentioned by you despite them all being thousands of years older than Hindi. Hindi does not define Hinduism. Nor does Hindi define India. One can be a proud Tamilian and an Indian at the same time. So your post is nothing but jingoism laced heavily with regionalism and will only alienate your compatriots not unite them.

Oh really? But you definitely list for cool.

Of course it defines India and Hinduism. Sanskrit is the language of scriptures and not any regional language. You can be proud of whatever you want BUT don't try to demean Hindi. I stated a view, there was no need for you to get hyperbolic and inciteful. I find your post bitter and resentful, so? 

The first reaction towards any change is resentment and opposition. That is expected reaction. Doesn't mean change won't happen ever

I will still hope that Hindi is made the National language.

Where is tolerance now?

pink_kitten thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: Tippy-top

I am from North India and I love masala dosa, sambhar idli, Uttapam, vadha sambhar and coconut chutney and the way people eat rice on big green leaves with hands.

Respect all languages.

They are banana leaves :) 

Edited by Sailor-Moon - 4 years ago