Hindi is a little child in diapers says kamal haasan. - Page 2

Posted: 4 years ago

Dumb fellow. Anyway my opinion is that people can speak whatever language they want to but  we should opt for a universal language everywhere and that definitely seems to be english. 

Originally posted by josh135

Dumb fellow. Anyway my opinion is that people can speak whatever language they want to but  we should opt for a universal language everywhere and that definitely seems to be english. 

more like due to colonization that just became the universal language by default😆 some east Asian countries n Latino countries still don't give two hoots to English though. 

I am against hindi forced on people. Would i like someone force tamil on me? No same way, about others. But i feel hindi should be a subject atleast as optional. But not forced. So people have it easy

Edited by Ronaldo_fan - 4 years ago

I am against imposition of a language (Hindi). I am also against insulting a language. How does Kamal feel if someone calls Tamil as a grumpy granny? 

I don't understand all the hoohaa about language! In south most of us learn 3 languages. Mothertongue, English and Hindi. I was taught all 3 in my school and can very well converse, read and write all three. The people around me are the same. People should ignore petty politicians and do whatever they want to do.

No need to force any language on anyone. At the same time I don't see what harm having it as an optional subject, or even in banners (after their local/regional language) does to people that they feel it is being imposed and start getting violent and disrespectful towards the other language and the people speaking it. 

Faltu ki nautanki by wannabe politicians and their supporters . And then they have the audacity to show themselves as morally superior saying 'we don't indulge in divisive politics'. Ghanta

If you look at the larger picture, 10-20 years later, many of the smart cities could/would be in Hindi speaking states like MP, Rajasthan or even UP. Having Hindi as an optional subject  might help then (your favourite company might have an opening there and not in your state) . 

Edited by trouble_006 - 4 years ago

Once a chutiya always a chutiya

I'm a South Indian as well. But this Kamal Hasan is such a cheap guy. You need not disrespect other languages just to prove a point. I feel Hindi should be atleast an optional subject. Atleast people who are interested to learn will learn right? This complete anti Hindi attitude will not work.I had a doubt though, is Hindi taught in any school in TN? Because I often see people from Tamil Nadu who know only Tamil, English. No other language. 

Originally posted by --Pro.vo.King--

As a Malayalee , i am strictly against Hindi imposition .. The south doesn't know Hindi and shouldn't be forced to learn it either .. It is a free world and it is a free n secular country and should remain as such .. If English is remnant of colonial times , what does that make Hindi imposition in current times ? .. Even worse i say .. Imposing a language will not unite people , it will do the opposite .. Currently , India stands for "unity in diversity" and it should remain as such .. 

The fact is India doesn't have a national language ..  i learned this shocking truth only 4 yrs ago when i relocated to south  , bcoz we were brainwashed kids in northie schools where Hindi was being passed off as 'national language' and children were taught to respect Hindi accordingly , looking back now - all of that seems so so wrong  .. 

India has only two "official languages" ( and not a single national language ) - Hindi and English .. And we are doing just fine with it .. Thank you very much .. 

Word

This is all about fanning the North-South divide and nothing to do with the language.