Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 4 years ago

Hes saying he wants to take a very long break from movies-  I think he's making a huge mistake. Most stars that take huge breaks are eventually forgotten - especially when you are doing well. If you are FLOPPING hard then yes it makes sense to take a break and reinvent 

Priyanka made this mistake with Quantico and Deepika with that XXX movie - both lost their popularity and positions to Alia. The audience does not wait for anyone, You have to capitalize when you can. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ashley.Tisdale thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7

I can understand if its a 3 month break or something so that he can spend time with his children. They grow up so fast and a parent wouldn't want to miss out on the growing years.

But personally I feel he should milk this popularity he has got now. Few months down the line who know whether someone else might take his place.

Tbh I dont really understand the system of taking breaks. The Khans, Akshay, Ajay were all working without breaks in the 90s. Yahan youngsters 2-3 films karke popular hoke break chahte hai.

jb508 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

you forget his wife had cancer and he was working while she was undergoing treatment. I think it's only right for him to spend extended time.

Also he had 3 releases this year so maybe allowing the public to miss him a little would be the wise move before he becomes overbearing. He already has 2 movies done for a 2020 release.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

On the contrary, Priyanka's "break| from Bollywood actually elevated her career. She was kind of at her peak with nowhere to go in Hindi cinema... she took Hollywood by storm, and now her market value has increased worldwide and she's an even bigger star than if she would've stayed in Mumbai.

Deepika never took a conscious break. It's just that Padmavati was delayed. The xXx film was also released well after she shot for it, another delay. And she had a project which was shelved due to her co-actor's health. She didn't plan on having 1 Bollywood release between 2015-2020. But even still, she's considered the #2.

Aamir Khan took a 4-year break (2001-2005) and it worked fine for him. If Ayushmann wants to take 3 or 4 or 5 months off, he should do just that.

Samaina_1993 thumbnail

I think I'm nobody to comment because it his choice and it is a good thing if a person is spending time with family😊

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

I read he has already shot for 2 movies for 2020. He can take a year break and it will not even go noticed as in a break.

InspectorShirke thumbnail
Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

His wife has got cancer and his kids must be feeling alone at home so a good decision. 

Maroonporsche thumbnail

He will have nothing in 2020 ? 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: DragonBoy49

He will have nothing in 2020 ? 

he will have two movies in 2020.

sharmajikaladka thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

He already has 2 movies in 2020 so audience won't miss him much. Its good decision to take at least 6 - 8 months break as this year he had 3 hits else he might end up as Rajkumar Rao doing all kinds of movies and ultimately failing in most (BOX OFFICE WISE & critical acclaim) . 

Currently Ayushman has some STAR POWER to get opening day above 3 Cr. as ppl believe he would choose good scripts. He should now take time to decide on next script as all his recent movies has been small town simple story (barring Andhadhun). He needs now some of Adhadhun kind of movies but he should REFRAIN from mindless comedies like Housefull or core action movies.