Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mnx12 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 13 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 4 years ago

Stories, Purana's versions doesnt reveal everything. Some secrets are left for seekers of higher knowledge. 

Everyone may not understand references of Agamas. 

Rishi Vashistha had cursed Goddess Tara's mantra. But after realising his mistake, he showed how to remove curse by adding "S".

mnx12 thumbnail

Different Budhhas are mentioned here.

When we talk about Budhha, its generally Gautam Budhha. But before him other ones were born. 

This site mentions about 12 Budhhas & their significance.

https://www.learnreligions.com/a-list-of-buddhas-450140

There is another concept of Adi Budhha & Gautam Budhha.

https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/16515/adi-buddha-and-gautama-buddha-which-one-is-the-real-avatar-of-lord-vishnu

Adi Buddha

Adi Buddha is an avatar of Vishnu lived from 1887 BC to 1807 BC born to Mother Anjana and Suddhodana in (Bodh Gaya). He born in the Same Ikshvaku dynasty in which Rama also born. The Adi Buddha Established the Philosophy of Ahimsa, Non Violence. He preached against ritual Animal Sacrifices that has crept into Vedic Hinduism.

Gautama Buddha

Siddhartha was born in 6th century BC in Royal Family of Suddhodana and Mayadevi in Lumbini in Nepal. Siddhartha received his name Gautama from his Guru Gautama Muni, who belongs to Kapila dynasty. He renounced his palace comforts to find enlightenment. He went to Bodh Gaya to meditate and got enlightenment. He meditated at the birth place of Adi Buddha.

If you look at the various arguments, you can say there were two Buddhas. Adi Buddha is the founder of Buddhism with Hindu philosophy. Gautama Buddha is not an avatar of Vishnu and who rejected Vedas and established modern(Neo) Buddhism.That's why you can still find remnants of Hindu thoughts in Buddhism.

Because Adi Shankara, who revived Hinduism after destroying the spread of Buddhism, gloried the path of Buddha.

Reference: Were There Two Buddhas? By Stephen Knapp

Edited by mnx12 - 4 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

Different Budhhas are mentioned here.

When we talk about Budhha, its generally Gautam Budhha. But before him other ones were born. 

This site mentions about 12 Budhhas & their significance.

https://www.learnreligions.com/a-list-of-buddhas-450140

There is another concept of Adi Budhha & Gautam Budhha.

https://hinduism.stackexchange.com/questions/16515/adi-buddha-and-gautama-buddha-which-one-is-the-real-avatar-of-lord-vishnu

Adi Buddha

Adi Buddha is an avatar of Vishnu lived from 1887 BC to 1807 BC born to Mother Anjana and Suddhodana in (Bodh Gaya). He born in the Same Ikshvaku dynasty in which Rama also born. The Adi Buddha Established the Philosophy of Ahimsa, Non Violence. He preached against ritual Animal Sacrifices that has crept into Vedic Hinduism.

Gautama Buddha

Siddhartha was born in 6th century BC in Royal Family of Suddhodana and Mayadevi in Lumbini in Nepal. Siddhartha received his name Gautama from his Guru Gautama Muni, who belongs to Kapila dynasty. He renounced his palace comforts to find enlightenment. He went to Bodh Gaya to meditate and got enlightenment. He meditated at the birth place of Adi Buddha.

If you look at the various arguments, you can say there were two Buddhas. Adi Buddha is the founder of Buddhism with Hindu philosophy. Gautama Buddha is not an avatar of Vishnu and who rejected Vedas and established modern(Neo) Buddhism.That's why you can still find remnants of Hindu thoughts in Buddhism.

Because Adi Shankara, who revived Hinduism after destroying the spread of Buddhism, gloried the path of Buddha.

Reference: Were There Two Buddhas? By Stephen Knapp

Well well , this version is more convincing than the simple mention of Buddha is the9th incarnation of Vishnu . Surprisingly both Buddhas' fathers name was  Suddhodana!!

As far as the general knowledge goes, Buddhism was quite opposite to Vedic culture which promotes Havans , Yajnas and animal sacrifices ! But Buddhism questioned and denounced the animal sacrifices and questioned the chaturvidha purusharthas I.e, Dharmarthakamamokshas . In fact there was a vast difference between these religions and the associated religious beliefs . Now there is clarity and with all the above given facts by you , it is convincingly convenient to believe that Buddha is Vishnu' s 9th avatar . 

Pressed restart button on my laptop and since 40 minutes it is working on it. So writing on my iPhone in which I am not comfortable ! So please excuse me if there are any typo mistakes . 

mnx12 thumbnail

I have seen some powerful stotras from budhhism of common Deity in both hinduism and budhhism. It is said that dalai lama was able to escape from chinese soldiers when he had to escape from tibet. He invoked strong powers to block them. Was able to reach india safe. 

Even i am having problem starting my latop.

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

So then Kalki is the 10th awatar after reading the latest on Buddha?? I think Kalki is not even here right??

Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: mnx12

I have seen some powerful stotras from budhhism of common Deity in both hinduism and budhhism. It is said that dalai lama was able to escape from chinese soldiers when he had to escape from tibet. He invoked strong powers to block them. Was able to reach india safe. 

Even i am having problem starting my latop.

Agree Minakshi,  the recitation of some powerful stotras  from H or B religion will build self-confidence and self-empowerment, reduces stress and balances the emotions! Spiritually, these Beejakshars[ seeds to spiritual awakening] / stotras / Mantras  are said to dissolve one's bad karma, produce jnana, wisdom  and are considered one of the many yogic paths towards self-realization! And we all know that both the Asurs as well as the Rishis recited certain sthotras or Mantras to invoke spiritual qualities which are present within them , and through that power they always got the Divine darshan to get boons! Heard about Dalai Lama's spiritual powers and his command over the religious beliefs of the Tibetan people, but win over Chinese soldiers, first time heard it. 

Normally when I press restart button whenever it asks, it completes its updates within 10-15 minutes, but yesterday night it has taken too much time, nearly 2 hours! So thought it better to retreat rather than wait endlessly. The main problem with iPhone typing is it starts showing it's wisdom through its autocorrection style, never allows to write certain words !!πŸ˜ƒToday LT is working and I am comfortable.

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Originally posted by: RainFire125

So then Kalki is the 10th awatar after reading the latest on Buddha?? I think Kalki is not even here right??

I think there are two different versions Gayatri . The first version is --- The Avtar will incarnate on earth whenever the need of extinction of the sin... or the faulty sinners' end approaches! 

The other version is ---  If we analyze the teachings and objectives of  any Avatara, which claims that God has created no community of human beings in the world without a purpose and left them without a guide or leader, so Kalki is already there guiding the people through spiritual leaders [ the real Spiritual leaders , not the fake swamijis!--and  waiting to punish the evil-doers! 

In Bhagavad Gita, God told us that man is only able to solve his materialistic problems by virtue of his knowledge, wisdom, and power of reasoning, but he cannot discover the right path for eternal prosperity and spiritual enlightenment without the guidance shown by God through Revelation, through an Avatar! He will come to light only when the extinction starts!  

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
Viswasruti thumbnail

Here is some more info regarding your point Gayatri ---

Regarding the tenth Avatar Kalki, it has yet to appear on the earth but is set to arrive at the end of the Kali Yuga as mentioned in the Bhagavad-Gita (8:17). Due to his pending arrival, Kalki is the most mysterious of the avatars, though he is described as a rider upon a white horse wielding a comet-like sword. It is said in Hinduism that Kalki will bring the world to its end, rewarding the virtuous, while punishing the wicked (Bhagavata purana: 1:3:25-26, 12:2:19-20, Vishnu purana: 4:24). We have to admit one thing. because of this RK confusing story , we are trying to understand the Puranas through extensive search in google and through interactions.πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Regarding the tenth Avatar Kalki, it has yet to appear on the earth but is set to arrive at the end of the Kali Yuga as mentioned in the Bhagavad-Gita (8:17). Due to his pending arrival, Kalki is the most mysterious of the avatars, though he is described as a rider upon a white horse wielding a comet-like sword. It is said in Hinduism that Kalki will bring the world to its end, rewarding the virtuous, while punishing the wicked (Bhagavata purana: 1:3:25-26, 12:2:19-20, Vishnu purana: 4:24). We have to admit one thing. because of this RK confusing story , we are trying to understand the Puranas through extensive search in google and through interactions.πŸ‘πŸ˜Š

Yo, the curiosity to know the right info has increased and we are getting an insight to other Religions as well.

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

No need !!!!!! The Kalki can peacefully rest in his snakebed with a smug in his face. We are doing his job of ending the world pretty well. Climate change, Global warming, usable water scarcity, doomed economy----- so many feathers on our crowns !  

Edited by stormborn - 4 years ago