Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Viswasruti thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: stormborn

🤣🤣

They showed during Irsha that Krishna was very good in calculations. Those kanse ka mudra and stuff where the trading by balram went wrong. May be tabtak usko bhang ke pauda nehi mili thi. Abhi ginti bhul gaya bechara.

Yes, Krishna was good at calculation up to fingers and toes counting, i.e, up to 20 or so , but not beyond at this stage!😔That is why Ayan is safe till now! Observe his magical movements of fingers once!😃   Introducing Bhang to Brindavan people is another intelligent deed by Ayan, to keep Nand Yashoda and other Gopa, Gopikas mild and hazy headed, and  it seems slowly the Barsana people also addicted to it except Ugrapad!! He is very active in these days 🤪

And I loved this idea  so much👏---Kans must be killed by Radha for his wicked thinking of doing all sorts of harm to her , she deserves to have at least this honor! 

RainFire125 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Absolutely loved reading ALL the POSTS in this thread!!!!! Too good points and hilarious discussions!!

Net net -- no matter whom you get married to, your first love is eternal and you can do anything for him or her. God will always be with you. - this is the learning from this show.

stormborn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Viswasruti

Yes, Krishna was good at calculation up to fingers and toes counting, i.e, up to 20 or so , but not beyond at this stage!😔That is why Ayan is safe till now! Observe his magical movements of fingers once!😃 

Introducing Bhang to Brindavan people is another intelligent deed by Ayan, to keep Nand Yashoda and other Gopa, Gopikas mild and hazy headed, and  it seems slowly the Barsana people also addicted to it except Ugrapad!! He is very active in these days 🤪

And I loved this idea  so much👏---Kans must be killed by Radha for his wicked thinking of doing all sorts of harm to her , she deserves to have at least this honor! 

🤣🤣 @red totally makes sense. That's the reason. Atleast ek sawal ki toh jawab Mili. That's too thanks to you, not the CVS.

Lol bhang ka pauda krishn laya. Ayan faans Gaya. Krishna handed him to the narcotics whereas he actually belongs to homicide and special crimes. My heart is again crying for my poor baby Sishupal !!!!

Viswasruti thumbnail

It was their attempt to throw some contemporary light on the story. The vadha track felt like pyar ka punchnama teen version-----where the girl is always at fault. Still it showcased some realistic scenerios which can actually be seen in teen girls. Like when Radha kept calling Krishna day and night by playing the flute and got angry if he missed any of the calls or cut the call. Replace the flute with a cellphone and you will get it. 

don't care about how much it's linked to the actual stories of mythology or how much creative liberty they are allowing themselves until there's character consistency and unethical behaviours are not being glamorized. But they lacked in both.

The problem is, they only showed the stereotypes that girls supposedly do in relationship and ignored the ones done by the boys. Krishna kept playing mind games with her, lying to her, played more mind games using Chandrabali which are not accepted as ethical in real-time and basically done by players or rather f-bois. Instead they glamorized whatever Krishna did saying he was doing those to get Radha out of those badhas.  Radha was portrayed as miss always-wrong and Krish as mr right. At the end Radha became a mere puppet in the hands of the men around her----krishna, vrishvan, Ayan and now Ugrapad. She has been getting manipulated since day 1 and now she doesn't even have the ability to differentiate between what she herself wants and what she is doing because of some external manipulation. The makers think involving Radha in everything including the avtars would make the show feminist. To prioritise changing the real story into something contemporary and circling inside the loop of pseudo feminism, they ignored the most important part needed for a story not to be misogynistic i.e. creating intelligent, strong, independent, layered, self sufficient female characters. To make this show feminist, they unintentionally and unknowingly made it misogynistic. If you ask me, that is ironic as well as tragic.

Are the creatives trying to unfold the fault lines of tradition or introducing modernity to their relationship in love to give it a  contemporary look??  It seems , they are trying to weave a triangle of desire through Radha's lack of desire for Ayan and her growing desire to be nearer to Krishna all the time listening to his flute tunes and , Krishna's spiritual[ ] desire to teach Radha about every aspect of mythology in his teaching sessions and that Ayan's strong desire to kill Radha and Krishna ---ophh ...at present they are dealing with a complicated issue !!  

Agree with you regarding their making the highly romantic story, a protagonist  Radha's story as a misogynistic one!  The main point here is, they are trying to project it as Prem Sikhana but dealing  this story from a different angle, from a confused spiritual angle, but they eschew biologically reductive understanding of her desire, the desire for love, including respect, compassion, mutuality, and pleasure, but they made her as a puppet in the hands of her father  for a while, then that spiritual teacher Krishna whom she allowed to cure her illusory Badhas for long and then that boons and vachans and decisions were taken by all-male society Vrish-- Ugra --Krish and Ayan !!! But they failed to realize that  they have to deal with female desire more holistically within women’s emotional universe, instead, they have given  hegemonic discourses of culture to her through Krishna  and the gendered politics of the everyday life, this understanding of desire holds within it at once the possibilities of patriarchal collusion and critical-feminist resistance from the viewers!! This definition of love is  not convincingly appealing to the viewers now.  This  is the story of a woman, Radha, at present who is married to one man but desires another. 

Krishna is regarded as the purna avatar or complete incarnation because he embodies all the attributes of the ideal, well-rounded personality. A very important aspect of this ideal personality is that of the accomplished lover, Krishna is the lover-God, capable of both feeling and invoking sexual desire[ though there is a point to ponder regarding this issue] This seemingly ‘profane’ attribute of a sacred god-figure begins to be comprehensible when seen in the larger context of Hinduism's Four Cardinal Principles --- dharma, artha, kaama, and moksha. The role of Kaama or desire is thus enshrined within the socio-religious order itself, and is not seen as extrinsic to it. However, it is certainly the case that desire, although very much validated, is certainly also regulated that point we must not forget. But Radha was a feminist at the core,[ that is my strong opinion]  she never bothered about the ethics or morals of that time, her life and love revolved around Krishna only, she lived with her Krishna as far as he was there in Brindavan, when he left to Mathura , she simply  prefered to slip to time's oblivion , in to her penance for her Krishna! If Krishna was the God of love , Radha was passion personified!  Radha’s position as Krishna’s lover is clearly in defiance of society’s norms,  in comparison to other key Hindu goddesses such as Sita, whose devotion to their men is very much in keeping with societal mores, Radha, therefore, seems to stand out as an anomaly, an improbable ‘feminist’ icon within mainstream mythology who challenges the very bedrock of patriarchy through her provocative -- open declaration of Love for her Krishna. 

Sorry for the lengthy post , but I want to express my feelings/dissatisfaction regarding this misrepresented characters in this serial. 

Edited by Viswasruti - 4 years ago
stormborn thumbnail

Are the creatives trying to unfold the fault lines of tradition or introducing modernity to their relationship in love to give it a  contemporary look??  It seems , they are trying to weave a triangle of desire through Radha's lack of desire for Ayan and her growing desire to be nearer to Krishna all the time listening to his flute tunes and , Krishna's spiritual[ ] desire to teach Radha about every aspect of mythology in his teaching sessions and that Ayan's strong desire to kill Radha and Krishna ---ophh ...at present they are dealing with a complicated issue !!  

Agree with you regarding their making the highly romantic story, a protagonist  Radha's story as a misogynistic one!  The main point here is, they are trying to project it as Prem Sikhana but dealing  this story from a different angle, from a confused spiritual angle, but they eschew biologically reductive understanding of her desire, the desire for love, including respect, compassion, mutuality, and pleasure, but they made her as a puppet in the hands of her father  for a while, then that spiritual teacher Krishna whom she allowed to cure her illusory Badhas for long and then that boons and vachans and decisions were taken by all-male society Vrish-- Ugra --Krish and Ayan !!! But they failed to realize that  they have to deal with female desire more holistically within women’s emotional universe, instead, they have given  hegemonic discourses of culture to her through Krishna  and the gendered politics of the everyday life, this understanding of desire holds within it at once the possibilities of patriarchal collusion and critical-feminist resistance from the viewers!! This definition of love is  not convincingly appealing to the viewers now.  This  is the story of a woman, Radha, at present who is married to one man but desires another. 

Krishna is regarded as the purna avatar or complete incarnation because he embodies all the attributes of the ideal, well-rounded personality. A very important aspect of this ideal personality is that of the accomplished lover, Krishna is the lover-God, capable of both feeling and invoking sexual desire[ though there is a point to ponder regarding this issue] This seemingly ‘profane’ attribute of a sacred god-figure begins to be comprehensible when seen in the larger context of Hinduism's Four Cardinal Principles --- dharma, artha, kaama, and moksha. The role of Kaama or desire is thus enshrined within the socio-religious order itself, and is not seen as extrinsic to it. However, it is certainly the case that desire, although very much validated, is certainly also regulated that point we must not forget. But Radha was a feminist at the core,[ that is my strong opinion]  she never bothered about the ethics or morals of that time, her life and love revolved around Krishna only, she lived with her Krishna as far as he was there in Brindavan, when he left to Mathura , she simply  prefered to slip to time's oblivion , in to her penance for her Krishna! If Krishna was the God of love , Radha was passion personified!  Radha’s position as Krishna’s lover is clearly in defiance of society’s norms,  in comparison to other key Hindu goddesses such as Sita, whose devotion to their men is very much in keeping with societal mores, Radha, therefore, seems to stand out as an anomaly, an improbable ‘feminist’ icon within mainstream mythology who challenges the very bedrock of patriarchy through her provocative -- open declaration of Love for her Krishna. 

Sorry for the lengthy post , but I want to express my feelings/dissatisfaction regarding this misrepresented characters in this serial. 

Beautifully described as always. You are the queen of words. 🤗

Viswasruti thumbnail

🤣🤣 @red totally makes sense. That's the reason. Atleast ek sawal ki toh jawab Mili. That's too thanks to you, not the CVS.

Lol bhang ka pauda krishn laya. Ayan faans Gaya. Krishna handed him to the narcotics whereas he actually belongs to homicide and special crimes. My heart is again crying for my poor baby Sishupal !!!!

I think Bang ka Poudha was brought by Ayan and created a fullfledged Van  for it, he was accused of that by Ugra, but I am poor at Hindi, most of the times try to understand through their facial expressions!!!😕 

Ohh ... still crying for Sisupal? Come on baby🤗 , he has already reached Heaven long ago!😆 Must be enjoying the dances of Rambha , Menaka etc and bhul gaya hoga Rukmini ko!! Let him be in peace there. What he will get here on earth for living long, the Yudh was anyway fast approached to kill many kings and knights at that time na!! BTW, Sisupal has abused and insulted only Krishna, but this Ayan is trying to kill many people and esp our Radha, he has no right to live!    

Viswasruti thumbnail

Beautifully described as always. You are the queen of words. 🤗

🤗Thank you. 

RainFire125 thumbnail

Aptly put M. I often wonder if we mortal souls can do so much of searching and penning, why can't the so called writers and creatives do the same thing and show a really eternal version so that the current and upcoming generations get to know the real wealth of our history and culture??? I know that if anyone wants to learn, one way or the other, they will. But a visual representation is always the fast way to consume information. Reading comes next for many. Well, i know i will never get answers to these, but just saying out loud again amongst you guys.

stormborn thumbnail

I think Bang ka Poudha was brought by Ayan and created a fullfledged Van  for it, he was accused of that by Ugra, but I am poor at Hindi, most of the times try to understand through their facial expressions!!!😕 

Ohh ... still crying for Sisupal? Come on baby🤗 , he has already reached Heaven long ago!😆 Must be enjoying the dances of Rambha , Menaka etc and bhul gaya hoga Rukmini ko!! Let him be in peace there. What he will get here on earth for living long, the Yudh was anyway fast approached to kill many kings and knights at that time na!! BTW, Sisupal has abused and insulted only Krishna, 

but this Ayan is trying to kill many people and esp our Radha, he has no right to live!    

@bold. That is why my heart is crying for sishu. Sishu ke sarr Katt pare and Ayan Ko Mili daddy dearest ki daant.

Jokes apart..... I only brought sishupal's name Because what Sishupal and rukmi did with Rukmini was somewhat similar to what ugra and Ayan did to Radha. Sishu wanted to marry Rukmini because of his lustrous desire towards her and rukmi tried to make it happen in unethical means because of his own greed and selfishness even though he knew that Sishupal was evil and Rukmini wasn't ready to marry him. During Krish-mini wedding, Krish had known her just for half a day. Still he almost killed Rukmi because he tried to create obstructions in their way due to his evil intentions and he beheaded Sishupal.

I am assuming Radha is much more special than his newly wed wife whom he had known only for 50% of a day. Still he is letting those jerks torture her mentally, physically and emotionally day after day. He let her marry in that family even though he knew everything whereas Radha was completely in dark. 

This self contradictory behaviour from Krishna is really hard to digest. I was still silent and tried to forget this abomination. But volcano again erupted when Krishna called ugra the most virtuous man of Barsana and Ayan to be redeemable. Ugra is a murder accomplice dammit !! What does the writer want !? Are they taunting us or something ? I can understand that the marriage track was needed  ( from the creatives' pov) to justify the extramarital. If the husband and in laws are not evil and the marriage is normal, then even they couldn't have called their adultery 'Anant prem'. But why was that punyavan Ugrapad scene needed ? And then making Ugrapad happy by telling him Krish has gone bonkers !!!!??!!? So that's punya in krish's opinion ? Being happy in someone else's adolescent son is virtue !? WHY ? 

Btw Ayan is redeemable. So he is never going to be punished. He will overnight become an angel after getting completely whitewashed. 

Radha tolerates every bratty behaviour from Ayan and obeys his every scream kyunki pata ka haq hai. She even let the viagra fruit plan go. I don't know how much misogynistic it can get under the wrapper of pseudo feminism. This is unacceptable and beyond redemption.

RainFire125 thumbnail

@bold. That is why my heart is crying for sishu. Sishu ke sarr Katt pare and Ayan Ko Mili daddy dearest ki daant.

Jokes apart..... I only brought sishupal's name Because what Sishupal and rukmi did with Rukmini was somewhat similar to what ugra and Ayan did to Radha. Sishu wanted to marry Rukmini because of his lustrous desire towards her and rukmi tried to make it happen in unethical means because of his own greed and selfishness even though he knew that Sishupal was evil and Rukmini wasn't ready to marry him. During Krish-mini wedding, Krish had known her just for half a day. Still he almost killed Rukmi because he tried to create obstructions in their way due to his evil intentions and he beheaded Sishupal.

I am assuming Radha is much more special than his newly wed wife whom he had known only for 50% of a day. Still he is letting those jerks torture her mentally, physically and emotionally day after day. He let her marry in that family even though he knew everything whereas Radha was completely in dark. 

This self contradictory behaviour from Krishna is really hard to digest. I was still silent and tried to forget this abomination. But volcano again erupted when Krishna called ugra the most virtuous man of Barsana and Ayan to be redeemable. Ugra is a murder accomplice dammit !! What does the writer want !? Are they taunting us or something ? I can understand that the marriage track was needed  ( from the creatives' pov) to justify the extramarital. If the husband and in laws are not evil and the marriage is normal, then even they couldn't have called their adultery 'Anant prem'. But why was that punyavan Ugrapad scene needed ? And then making Ugrapad happy by telling him Krish has gone bonkers !!!!??!!? So that's punya in krish's opinion ? Being happy in someone else's adolescent son is virtue !? WHY ? 

Btw Ayan is redeemable. So he is never going to be punished. He will overnight become an angel after getting completely whitewashed. 

Radha tolerates every bratty behaviour from Ayan and obeys his every scream kyunki pata ka haq hai. She even let the viagra fruit plan go. I don't know how much misogynistic it can get under the wrapper of pseudo feminism. This is unacceptable and beyond redemption.

@ BOLD -- exactly my thoughts!!! I have told M separately that the character of Krishna itself has been ruined!!!! Nothing more to say as far as the writer's vision is concerned.