Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Anony-mouse thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Some are always confused stardom ki baat Karo to acting/ content movies pr fight karne lgte hai.. acting ki baat karo to movie kitna kamai pe jhagadne lgte hai. 

Because success means different things to different people. For some its money, for others its acting/memorable roles and movies. Even this thread talks about stardom- which doesnot really have a clear cut definition- some will define it by financial success and others by the actresses "brand" or legacy.

Cookies.. thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: niyati13

Hema Malini was a star..She had a distinct style of dialogue delivery which is still mimicked. 

And u mention Baghban ? Which came long after she stopped doing heroine roles..She played a role of mother in law in Jamaai Raja a decade before Baghban. She was a dream girl in her prime...A true blue superstar

And to see her range of acting watch movies like Ek chadar maili si, kinara, khusboo, Seeta aur Geeta, Sholay

I've watched Kinara multiple times (for the music), Seeta & Greta, Sholay, etc. I've watched quite a few film of hers. And I never liked her acting. Who mimics her dialogue delivery? Other than making spoofs of Basanti from Sholay (which is considered an iconic film in itself) on comedy shows , I have never seen someone try to act or mimic her dialogue delivery.

I know about her DreamGirl tag but again, that was because she was beautiful. My point is I don't consider Hema to be in the same league as Sridevi or Madhuri atleast. They were strong performers which led them to their stardom.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: dedh

Check the date of birth of Akshay's most recently announced co-star (in a biopic in which this uncle will play a twenty-something, no less) and quit that smug tone. It's obnoxious. And no, there's no watershed change as regards the age disparity and... other disparities. As to the employment of minors, I imagine it's more of a labour code issue in general, not the result of BW becoming progressive - maybe other forum members could shed light on that. The only truly noticeable change, it seems, is the growing percentage of women in film crews. Now we need more female scriptwriters, directors, producers. It's happening already, but not fast enough.

If only I had the time and or energy to de-code these deflective cryptic clues, but sadly I don't. However, I am satisfied with having made my point and backing it up.

Back to the topic: Urmila Matondkar's first 10 years of her career (1989-1998) she appeared in 24 films. Only Rangeela (1995) and Judaai (1997) were of note. And maybe Satya (1998) to an extent although Shefali Shah got all the applause. If we include all 3, that's 12.5% of her Filmography at that time. It was only after 2001 when she started producing great performances. And by 2006 she was done.

What happens with time is, people forget all the awful films, and the good ones stand out and cloud a fair judgement.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

If only I had the time and or energy to de-code these deflective cryptic clues, but sadly I don't. However, I am satisfied with having made my point and backing it up.

Back to the topic: Urmila Matondkar's first 10 years of her career (1989-1998) she appeared in 24 films. Only Rangeela (1995) and Judaai (1997) were of note. And maybe Satya (1998) to an extent although Shefali Shah got all the applause. If we include all 3, that's 12.5% of her Filmography at that time. It was only after 2001 when she started producing great performances. And by 2006 she was done.

What happens with time is, people forget all the awful films, and the good ones stand out and cloud a fair judgement.

All you seem to care about is that you made a point, indeed - using only an example that fits your point, and pretending you can't understand other people's points. Whatever.  

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Agree with you, but Urmila never fell in that category. It was the trio of Sri Devi, Madhuri Dixit & Juhi Chawla which fell in that category. 

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Out of the 90s actress excluding Madhuri and Sridevi, I think Manisha was most naturally beautiful, especially in early and mid 90s and she held her own with big support she gave blockbuster in movies like Bombay and Agni shakshi and was amazingly talented and innocent.

harun98 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Cookies..

I've watched Kinara multiple times (for the music), Seeta & Greta, Sholay, etc. I've watched quite a few film of hers. And I never liked her acting. Who mimics her dialogue delivery? Other than making spoofs of Basanti from Sholay (which is considered an iconic film in itself) on comedy shows , I have never seen someone try to act or mimic her dialogue delivery.

I know about her DreamGirl tag but again, that was because she was beautiful. My point is I don't consider Hema to be in the same league as Sridevi or Madhuri atleast. They were strong performers which led them to their stardom.

Chaalbaaz was almost a remake of Seeta Aur Geeta but look at the difference between 2 performances, I felt more for sridevi in her tortured character than Hema, although she wasn’t the worst actress but she wasn’t that great either.