Will an A list outsider ever come up with real casting couch story?

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 4 years ago

I hear so many stories..recent being vidya's of how she had one horrifying experience when some director approached her the wrong way and how she escaped it

i also have heard of ranveer's stories of how he was approached the wrong way by some powerful men in the business

but i have never heard any of these big names to ever share a story where they did experience casting couch and went ahead with it. I doubt there be all incidents where they were approached but escaped it

We have so many big names today and so many of these have made it super big despite no backing..do we really believe their side of the stories that they never sold their bodies to get ahead and it all went smooth. I mean for sure many would have said yes to it but the real guts would belong to that who actually admits it and tells his or her story

Do you really think many of these big A list actors who were outsiders indeed lucked out or they have hidden casting couch stories which they do not share and even if some do they end up with them always escaping it

this has nothing to do with Vidya's story though..i actually believe when she says it..but just a general question related to so many other A lister outsiders we have today

Edited by cougarTown - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RANI

PREITY 

AISHWARYA

did not escaped , as per Shakti Kapoor...aaaooooo  ðŸ˜†

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

I hear so many stories..recent being vidya's of how she had one horrifying experience when some director approached her the wrong way and how she escaped it

i also have heard of ranveer's stories of how he was approached the wrong way by some powerful men in the business

but i have never heard any of these big names to ever share a story where they did experience casting couch and went ahead with it. I doubt there be all incidents where they were approached but escaped it

We have so many big names today and so many of these have made it super big despite no backing..do we really believe their side of the stories that they never sold their bodies to get ahead and it all went smooth. I mean for sure many would have said yes to it but the real guts would belong to that who actually admits it and tells his or her story

Do you really think many of these big A list actors who were outsiders indeed lucked out or they have hidden casting couch stories which they do not share and even if some do they end up with them always escaping it

this has nothing to do with Vidya's story though..i actually believe when she says it..but just a general question related to so many other A lister outsiders we have today

A confession like this might be gutsy, but mostly suicidal. The system is rigged against outsiders, especially against female outsiders, and in casting couch stories the focus somehow is never on the perpetrators (who mostly manage to avoid punishment anyway), as the #metoo movement amply demonstrated. The victims know it very well. And before people start ridiculing me for using the term "victims" to cover even women who don't have any qualms playing the game, they are victims, too, because the sexual favours they offer are not part of their work contracts.  

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: dedh

A confession like this might be gutsy, but mostly suicidal. The system is rigged against outsiders, especially against female outsiders, and in casting couch stories the focus somehow is never on the perpetrators (who mostly manage to avoid punishment anyway), as the #metoo movement amply demonstrated. The victims know it very well. And before people start ridiculing me for using the term "victims" to cover even women who don't have any qualms playing the game, they are victims, too, because the sexual favours they offer are not part of their work contracts.  

i agree but i doubt anyone is actually a victim here..since both agree on it willingly..it may not be a part of their contract but they are willing to walk that extra mile for extra results..again..they are willing to..no one forced them 

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

I hope someone's does. That will end their career and also the family and the victim will be harassed so i guess no one does.  It's sad the way it is.

Everything knows there is casting couch in media and modelling.

dedh thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

i agree but i doubt anyone is actually a victim here..since both agree on it willingly..it may not be a part of their contract but they are willing to walk that extra mile for extra results..again..they are willing to..no one forced them 

That's where I disagree to some extent. Because walking that extra mile (e.g., a girl gets a role and decides: maybe it will be bigger if I sleep with the director) is not the same as having to do casting couch just to be considered for a role. Of course, there are many shades of such situations.