shruzzy thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Guys reading on twitter and forum i guess its not only me who is overall upset with this kind of regressive and unrealistic twist and turns of a show for gaining trps and characters or shows butchering in the name of trp

where we can all see that a channel can easily survive without worrying about trps best examples sony.

so don't you all think that there is need of taking an initiative for bringing the change amonst the audience as well as channels? 

this is not just for EBSS but many other shows whose concept and storyline were different eg. 

1.Bepannha that had a big msg of hindu boy marrying a muslim girl but was off aired due too trps i guess

2. Dil sambhal jaa zaara which got no end the concept of marrying with huge age gap out of love and not out of burden

3. SBRK  had an msg of EMA and where MIL supports DIL rather her own son went off air but it was transferred to digital media but that was normal concept also S2 of the same had very comman concept of triangle LS 

and many other such shows went off air due such unwanted race of trp!! 

i m asking your opinion as well as 1 suggestion that u can give for change:

my suggestion is that very channel should atleast produce or showcase 1 /2 show which is not usual taste of audience without any burden of trp and it will help audience to get introduced to new concept while the channel retain their position of trp with other shows and for this atleast a message from group of people should be passed to media portals or channel or both to think differently and start initiative towards the change.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

eshasrk thumbnail

The TRP game has become such a rat race that everything has changed. And the result is tht quality of good content is suffering and regressive content is being highlighted. No wonder tht some PHs have turned to webseries, becoz there they dont hv to worry abt content neither abt the TRP race. 

I think the main reason for regressive content being so popular is becoz of the mindset of the majority of the audience watching. People are not willing to change their way of thinking, they are not willing to try new things that is the biggest reason why even though some PHs try to bring in something different, it mostly doesnt work. And this is why the big Channels are not willing to take the risk. 

I cannot believe tht even in the 21st Century ppl love to see a woman being abused, a woman being downgraded by in laws, a woman being treated like a doormat, women shedding tears enough to fill an entire ocean. This is what they want to see and the shocking part is that majority of ppl watching these type of shows are women themselves and still they bring in the TRPs for such regressive stuff. The moment we see strong women , the show flops. Its almost like viewers cannot digest to see women progressing and become strong. And as long as the mindset of viewers dont change, the content on ITV will remain like this only....regressive crap 

shruzzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: eshasrk

The TRP game has become such a rat race that everything has changed. And the result is tht quality of good content is suffering and regressive content is being highlighted. No wonder tht some PHs have turned to webseries, becoz there they dont hv to worry abt content neither abt the TRP race. 

I think the main reason for regressive content being so popular is becoz of the mindset of the majority of the audience watching. People are not willing to change their way of thinking, they are not willing to try new things that is the biggest reason why even though some PHs try to bring in something different, it mostly doesnt work. And this is why the big Channels are not willing to take the risk. 

I cannot believe tht even in the 21st Century ppl love to see a woman being abused, a woman being downgraded by in laws, a woman being treated like a doormat, women shedding tears enough to fill an entire ocean. This is what they want to see and the shocking part is that majority of ppl watching these type of shows are women themselves and still they bring in the TRPs for such regressive stuff. The moment we see strong women , the show flops. Its almost like viewers cannot digest to see women progressing and become strong. And as long as the mindset of viewers dont change, the content on ITV will remain like this only....regressive crap 

but as the topic suggest an initiative should be taken any opinion for that?

Pixie98 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Absolutely right. This drama of trp is getting on nerves. I was thinking about it. Everyone should join hands and should take this seriously its too much now. Every new show gets shattered or buttered if there's no trp. All the efforts of the writer and actor are going in vain. Channel interferrence needs a full stop or if not atleast a pause. This is too much ! We need to take a strict step against these channels like Star Plus, Zee, Colors etc. 

Pixie98 thumbnail

Shruzzy i think you should tag not only EBSS forum but all the forums of IF so that everyone can share their views. And the family can be more bigger.

Pixie98 thumbnail

Originally posted by: eshasrk

I completely cannot agree dear with your article. Remember ISHQ SUBHANALLAH that show has a very strong female lead like ZARA. This is the reason why that show had been in top 10 for many weeks. 

It matters in the storyline also. But i can 99.9% agree with your article.

shruzzy thumbnail

Originally posted by: BlueOcean

Shruzzy i think you should tag not only EBSS forum but all the forums of IF so that everyone can share their views. And the family can be more bigger.

i have posted on Twitter too by tagging different series but i dont think people have came across this or even they did no one replied! ! !  Accept 1-2 but if u suggest i will tag! ! Once more

eshasrk thumbnail

Some Channels are willing to take a chance with new concepts , others arent. So I think the only solution for this is 1) either PH should try their shows with new concept with the Channels who are willing to take a risk or 2) do webseries where there are no restrictions or 3) the TRP system should be removed completely to stimulate healthy competition in regards to quality and 4) the duration of one show running on a Channel should get limited so tht everyone gets a fair chance. Becoz we have shows tht are shown for 5-6-7 yrs which I feel is too long. 

IshRaian thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

People need to understand that the TV entertainment industry is a business and not some kind of charity run for people’s entertainment. 

There are so many things that go behind making a show. For a show to run, the actors and crew need to be paid for. There are other costs involved as well for equipment and sets. Running a TV show is no joke. 

Just like any other business, PH needs to earn profit and needs to recover the investment it made on the show. No one can run a show despite it running in losses. No one wants to become bankrupt af. 

TRP is what gives PH these profits. TRP is what keeps the show running by helping pay the actors whom you idolise. These actors are not doing it for free and they charge for a good reason. This is their work. They are not here just to entertain people. They have to earn their bread and butter as well. 

Higher the TRP of a show, more the PH earns from the advertisement slots. So if a show is running on low ratings for quite a long time, it would be stupid to continue running the show. 

So next time people are going to blame the channel or PH when the show ends, please understand that channels and PH know what they are doing better than you and me. We are not the ones spending our money on the show and so it is not in our position to say that they should run the show despite losses. If you so want the show to continue, then you should approach the PH and bankroll the show. The channel will run the show with even 0.1 TRP. 

Maxine_May thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

The TRP system itself is backdated.. Nowadays a certain group of viewers (let's say 14 - 40 age grp) watches their fav show online mostly whenever they gets time coz of their busy schedule studies n jobs n family n children.. Only senior viewers or housewives watches on TV n they have a certain tastes.. 

2 of my fav show are MJHT n Sadda Haq.. I've always watched MJHT on TV coz it used to air at 9 pm n I was in school back then so 9 pm was free time for me.. But SH used to air on 6:30 pm n I had a job then n most of the days I used to reach home by 7:30 - 8 pm n had to watch it online.. 

And I've seen my Jethima (Taiji) used to watch Saath Nibhana Sathiya n Sasural Simar Ka on TV regularly.. 2 shows which were absolutely ridiculous 🙄 but she loved them n she never missed them.. 

And this online views will keep growing so they must update this TRP process coz not every viewers are TRP viewer..