Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

BW movies are more popular in south east Asian countries, sure. But they defo don't have the reach like HW has worldwide. Also population means nothing. A lot of people in India and other similar countries where BW is popular, live under poverty line and watching films and appreciating stars is the last thing on their mind. No comparison there at all. 

Edited by Myer - 4 years ago
VintageWine thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Sour grapes.  Acting toh aati nahi. Pehle at least she had good looks ab vo bhi nahi.  

maal_u_have thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Billi_Bangalan

I ask what she thinks Bollywood is doing right and could teach the West? “To cast in a more diverse manner,” she says after a long pause. “While the conversation about diversity seems to happen in Hollywood now, I feel there is still a long way to go before they truly understand it.”

LMAOOOOO no she seriously said that? HW is a 100 times more diverse than BW could ever hope to be (heck we had more diversity from different states in the past decades compared to now but that's a different topic) in every field, be it based on race, ethnicity, weight, colour, sexual orientation, just about anything. Effing Mindy Kaling would have only managed a 2min role as kaambai or some such looked-down upon role if she was an Indian who tried to join BW.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Sarath_Pandey

LMAOOOOO no she seriously said that? HW is a 100 times more diverse than BW could ever hope to be (heck we had more diversity from different states in the past decades compared to now but that's a different topic) in every field, be it based on race, ethnicity, weight, colour, sexual orientation, just about anything. Effing Mindy Kaling would have only managed a 2min role as kaambai or some such looked-down upon role if she was an Indian who tried to join BW.

Omg exactly bollywood frowns upon dusky and dark skin tones and  makes stereotypes out of different part of India. Gosh. 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Maybe things are changing now

But dark skinned African American actresses complain about having a hard time getting decent roles in HW 

Have heard about really dark skinned girls having hard time even getting auditions

They’re discriminated  in modeling world for being too dark (unless they’re exotic),  they’re told to lighten their complexion

Edit: If Mindy Kaling wasn’t a writer/comedienne I doubt she would’ve been hired as an actress in the first place

And she has no language/accent problem

Edited by BettyA1 - 4 years ago
Terenaina thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: regnow

So people should stop blaming Shaleena. Deepika wears ugly stuff because she wants to since she likes getting attention for it.

The designer said she loves the gown and hate the head band, I HATED the gown and loved the head band. The gown looked like she was a chicken, so designer would've made it worst in my opinion. Dp does not have a style of her own that's why when anaita used to dress her, she used to look her best

Edited by Terenaina - 4 years ago
nbara12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

it is in no shape or form dated. the whole world obsesses over Hollywood and its films. It is the biggest market out there world wide. Name a great Hollywood film, almost everyone will know of it.This applies to countries even with language barriers. Name a great Bollywood film, less than half of the world will know of it.

In terms of diversity, Hollywood is not perfect, but they try to portray diversity unlike India. India rides on a power hierarchy and has an engraved system that is not in the benefit for outsiders or people trying to work their way up. Hollywood has some of this too, but way way less. 

nbara12 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Deepika really stuggles with the fact that she didnt make it big in hollywood I feel. I understand her preferring Bollywood over Hollywood and rooting for the industry she is in. But you really sense insecurity from her part.

Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

If you want to make it big or get good movie offers...she needs to do the same stuff she did for Bollywood earlier. The attitude of Iam a big actress from Bollywood you need to give me good roles or everything will fall into my lap. That’s being delusional. Actress from Hollywood are struggling to get good offers. If you really want it you need to struggle and do these side roles till producers or directors notice her and would maybe offer her better roles. With the way she wants it to be it is better to stay in Bollywood. Hollywood ain’t looking at you like Bollywood and will think she looks good she will get those roles 

TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: nbara12

Deepika really stuggles with the fact that she didnt make it big in hollywood I feel. I understand her preferring Bollywood over Hollywood and rooting for the industry she is in. But you really sense insecurity from her part.

They thought she was PC and yelled ”Priyaanka”

Happened more than once, don’t think she recovered from it...