Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Givemyaccount

Whenever I see the ignorant comments on here, I realize we still have a long way to go when it comes to effectively understand Depression. I only hope she will never stop talking about it because it’s a constant thing. You can be high in life and have everything going on and still be depressed. Suicide rate is so high simply because of ignorance and lack of knowledge. 

Ppl like her just uses the illness to get in news... She is Faking it... No moral compass there. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

Then the death would be called a fake death.

Seems like it is something that will make people here happy and believe. I am so glad she had support and had someone who saw the signs before it was too late. 

Who would have believed Robin Williams, out of everyone , had he come out and spoken about his depression? He was jovial, warm and made sure anyone who met him left happy yet he suffered terribly alone. 

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Seems like it is something that will make people here happy and believe. I am so glad she had support and had someone who saw the signs before it was too late. 

Who would have believed Robin Williams, out of everyone , had he come out and spoken about his depression? He was jovial, warm and made sure anyone who met him left happy yet he suffered terribly alone. 

Most of the times those who are suffering try to overcompensate 😟 unless the close ones really pay attention on patterns and mood shifts its difficult to know if a person is clinically depressed. Like Deepika said most of the times the patient themselves does not know or understand what is happening to them. Awareness is needed. People need to be taught what the symptoms may look like and what the support system can do in case one of their loved ones is suffering. I am glad Deepika's mom was aware and sought help for her in time instead of brushing aside the symptoms.

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: Golden-dew

Most of the times those who are suffering try to overcompensate 😟 unless the close ones really pay attention on patterns and mood shifts its difficult to know if a person is clinically depressed. Like Deepika said most of the times the patient themselves does not know or understand what is happening to them. Awareness is needed. People need to be taught what the symptoms may look like and what the support system can do in case one of their loved ones is suffering. I am glad Deepika's mom was aware and sought help for her in time instead of brushing aside the symptoms.

True.

TLLL is doing some amazing work I heard. I have seen people from Nepal tweet on how Deepika’s speaking up has given them the courage to seek help. Even if she “faked “ it , I am glad it is changing and helping lives. 

mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Don't put Salman's charitable endeavours under the same bracket as Khiladi Kumar's. Aside from his charity organisation, Salman has helped a lot of people even in his personal life and we only got to know about it later. 

Yaha toh 2 crore donate karke bhi dhindora peet diya Akki ji ne.

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

if something is doing good for someone needy, it is okay even if the person has some ulterior motives.

As I say always, even if Akki and Sallu charities have publicity motives, but at the end of the day kisi gareeb ka toh faida ho raha hai na.

Same here, even if Deepika is using depression to divert, koi ek na chodu ke samajh mai toh ayega ki depression is not a joke, and might start treating someone suffering from it from his family and friends or colleague with love and care.

Billi_Bangalan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

if something is doing good for someone needy, it is okay even if the person has some ulterior motives.

As I say always, even if Akki and Sallu charities have publicity motives, but at the end of the day kisi gareeb ka toh faida ho raha hai na.

Same here, even if Deepika is using depression to divert, koi ek na chodu ke samajh mai toh ayega ki depression is not a joke, and might start treating someone suffering from it from his family and friends or colleague with love and care.

You are right!

MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

True.

TLLL is doing some amazing work I heard. I have seen people from Nepal tweet on how Deepika’s speaking up has given them the courage to seek help. Even if she “faked “ it , I am glad it is changing and helping lives. 

Her foundation is working effectively on the grass root level and bringing in the difference in many peoples lives. They work with schools and colleges and educate the pupil regarding depression and its symptoms which is commendable. Her opening up about depression has made many evaluate the symptoms. She started a conversation..a much needed and progressive conversation. Fake or no fake she is bringing in positive change with it in many lives and that is what matters.

mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Depression aside, can't believe how people are still her fan after all that she did recently. 

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mystic786

Don't put Salman's charitable endeavours under the same bracket as Khiladi Kumar's. Aside from his charity organisation, Salman has helped a lot of people even in his personal life and we only got to know about it later. 

Yaha toh 2 crore donate karke bhi dhindora peet diya Akki ji ne.

Akki has been donating sinces ages though, why you make it like he has made his first donation in his career.

SakuraKakashi thumbnail

True.

I don't think she has faked as  her interviews back in 2013 are way different from the interviews right now. She wasn't ok. Just like body illness , mental illness do happen. I do think people should watch the TED video I have posted to understand.

Edited by HummingBird12 - 4 years ago