Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ITVFREAK thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: .SNOWWHITE.

The show has same trp before and after revamp 0.6- 0.8. and highest 1.3 at opening week . From which angle🙃 it shows shrezain is not working.  Other than the actors what is in the show after revamp. 

Opening week TRP was when Pooja and Kabir were Devar Bhabhi and hardly had any scenes together. But now when they are getting Scenes together...it failed to Increase TRP. Channel did Revamp to increase TRP and not keep getting stuck at 0.7-0.8

ITVFREAK thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .SNOWWHITE.

The show has same trp before and after revamp 0.6- 0.8. and highest 1.3 at opening week . From which angle🙃 it shows shrezain is not working.  Other than the actors what is in the show after revamp. 

And TV shows work because of Good Stories and Good Characters and Good Actors...NOT BECAUSE OF FAVOURITE ACTORS....if that was the case then Drashti Dhami’s last 2 shows would have worked.

NJ31 thumbnail
Anniversary 4 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: InCenDia

It's not ShreZain/JaBir pair that's the issue here.. Issue here is the story.. This show lacked proper execution right from the beginning.. They should have shown more backstory of Pooja's journey to revenge slowly n gradually.. Which they didn't.. 

And now after revamp Pooja is suddenly good for nothing.. She was the woman who could handle any situation calmly when she was Janhvi.. Now as Pooja she's only having some stupid "tashan" with Kabir which is not working here..

Kabir was the guy who was mature n now after revamp he is acting immature.. He simply doesn't understand the seriousness of Pooja's action.. 

Moreover TRP audience loves to see strong (super) women..  Here Pooja has been turned into a comedy in the name of "JaBir Tashan" .. Wearing fashionable outfits doesn't makes one modern it's a total package.. Janhvi was modern than Pooja.. 

And most importantly in order to show JaBir baseless tashan they are forgetting the BASE of the story - Pooja's Action towards the Mittals.. They turned Pooja into a mean vamp while Kabir into some mahan saviour.. 

ShreZain has amazing chemistry but without story n proper execution they look silly.. Pooja n Kabir are 2 grown up individuals not college going kids.. Their problems in life are Real n Serious n they are to be handled  maturely .. 

@bold - 👏👏👏🤗

Here its the story which is the problem! 

Not the pair or the timeslot. 

SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

It's not ShreZain/JaBir pair that's the issue here.. Issue here is the story.. This show lacked proper execution right from the beginning.. They should have shown more backstory of Pooja's journey to revenge slowly n gradually.. Which they didn't.. 

And now after revamp Pooja is suddenly good for nothing.. She was the woman who could handle any situation calmly when she was Janhvi.. Now as Pooja she's only having some stupid "tashan" with Kabir which is not working here..

Kabir was the guy who was mature n now after revamp he is acting immature.. He simply doesn't understand the seriousness of Pooja's action.. 

Moreover TRP audience loves to see strong (super) women..  Here Pooja has been turned into a comedy in the name of "JaBir Tashan" .. Wearing fashionable outfits doesn't makes one modern it's a total package.. Janhvi was modern than Pooja.. 

And most importantly in order to show JaBir baseless tashan they are forgetting the BASE of the story - Pooja's Action towards the Mittals.. They turned Pooja into a mean vamp while Kabir into some mahan saviour.. 

ShreZain has amazing chemistry but without story n proper execution they look silly.. Pooja n Kabir are 2 grown up individuals not college going kids.. Their problems in life are Real n Serious n they are to be handled  maturely .. 

Bravo!!! 

Everything in this post!!! 👏

SilentAvNeil thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I have said this so many times.  The PH thought with Zain and Shrenu on board the TRP is going to skyrocket and didn't give much thought into the story content or correct casting.  She selected a story that worked 10 years ago and casted Zain and Shrenu incorrectly.   When she realized the casting is not working, she revamped and currently I am not sure if she even has a story to follow.  

Even the base character of Jhanvi/ Pooja has changed.  Pre-PK Jhanvi was a confident person.  Post-PK she is being shown as incompetent self-doubting person who is angry all the time.  Her anger and revenge is blinding her to everything.  Pooja's dressing really looks like a vamp.  Jhanvi was very stylish and confident.  Not sure where they are planning to take the story but as long as Dhruv is around they cannot have a love story between Kabir and Pooja.  Kabir can see Dhruv is drinking himself to forget Jhanvi and Kabir as a Mahan (which is how he is potrayed) will not betray his brother.  

I am sure the childish tashan that is happening currently will take a turn this week with Kabir getting an upper hand with the Chinese client.  I any time preferred PK Mittal and the other old characters to the current sleezy manager and his not for fit son.

Hope the story writers know what they are doing.  It would be sad to see such good actors being put to work in a below par story line.

Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: SilentAvNeil

I have said this so many times.  The PH thought with Zain and Shrenu on board the TRP is going to skyrocket and didn't give much thought into the story content or correct casting.  She selected a story that worked 10 years ago and casted Zain and Shrenu incorrectly.   When she realized the casting is not working, she revamped and currently I am not sure if she even has a story to follow.  

Even the base character of Jhanvi/ Pooja has changed.  Pre-PK Jhanvi was a confident person.  Post-PK she is being shown as incompetent self-doubting person who is angry all the time.  Her anger and revenge is blinding her to everything.  Pooja's dressing really looks like a vamp.  Jhanvi was very stylish and confident.  Not sure where they are planning to take the story but as long as Dhruv is around they cannot have a love story between Kabir and Pooja.  Kabir can see Dhruv is drinking himself to forget Jhanvi and Kabir as a Mahan (which is how he is potrayed) will not betray his brother.  

I am sure the childish tashan that is happening currently will take a turn this week with Kabir getting an upper hand with the Chinese client.  I any time preferred PK Mittal and the other old characters to the current sleezy manager and his not for fit son.

Hope the story writers know what they are doing.  It would be sad to see such good actors being put to work in a below par story line.

yes it looks like a sinking shipping ..and Starplus has probably given them a short time to improve trps or walk out of the door... Karansangini was in the same time slot I think...with the same sort of trps..within a few months the show went off air. I hope Zain gets to do a better show after this..after the success of Naamkarann he’s also probably disappointed with the results of this show. The channel actually should bring us season 2 of Naamkarann...that will definitely be a trp hit,..And lots of popular off air shows are now coming back with new seasons...

SRKisLove thumbnail

There was this scene the other day when Jay was yelling on Pooja that he sold his watch n got money for his family n I was like yeah big deal 🙄

Did anyone from the Mittals bothered to learn what Pooja went through coz their head of the family killed her father n turned her into a orphan when she was only a kid??  The Mittals are the culprit here n instead they are shown as victims.. Any viewer who doesn't watch the show only for romance n actors (Read TRP audience) will lose their mind n stop watching .. They love to see drama n justice which is missing here.. As for romance it comes with time.. 

THIS!!!!! 

One of the reasons I hated this week was because they dumped down Pooja to make Kabir the Victor. 

But why should I be happy for Kabir's victory?  He is protecting indirect killer of innocents and his siblings who are entitled rich kids angry about being poor. 

I feel no joy seeing him win,  which I used to feel seeing Jahnvi make PK dance to her tune. 

There is no sense of justice here, like you pointed out friend.

And I thought Kabir had a sense of right and wrong in the initial episodes.

krithi1990 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

The makers understood the fans demand wrongly. There is the familiar based hierarchy for the actors. They wanted Zain should have done the things which was done by kavya. That's all. If it was done the revamp wouldn't be a needed one.

When the familiar actors are casted in a show , the fans expect their favorites screen presence more. Zain hadn't been given a good role before revamp. So the makers failed to attract a set of fans. A good writer can create the scenes and the situation very well. A good story can be rejected if the screen play and the dialogues are the worst one. 

According to me , most of the people do not consider the main story. The interesting scenes are enough for them to watch the show continually. I think most of the long running shows still get the good rates due to the interesting screen play only. 

Edited by krithi1990 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: krithi1990

The makers understood the fans demand wrongly. There is the familiar based hierarchy for the actors. They wanted Zain should have done the things which was done by kavya. That's all. If it was done the revamp wouldn't be a needed one.

When the familiar actors are casted in a show , the fans expect their favorites screen presence more. Zain hadn't been given a good role before revamp. So the makers failed to attract a set of fans. A good writer can create the scenes and the situation very well. A good story can be rejected if the screen play and the dialogues are the worst one. 

According to me , most of the people do not consider the main story. The interesting scenes are enough for them to watch the show continually. I think most of the long running shows still get the good rates due to the interesting screen play only. 

@ bold: This!! Exactly this!! People wanted Kabir to try and expose Jahnvi's true intentions and not Kavya. We wanted Jahnvi versus Kabir,  and not Pooja versus Kabir.

Maxine_May thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: krithi1990

@Bold.. This is true when 2 popular actors are casted lead in a show their fans expect their roles to be strong ones.. Justified.. A part of which was missing in this show since beginning.. Shrenu received her share but Zain was neglected until revamp.. 

But having said that giving random scenes in order to give scenes doesn't work for long.. A show with 2 famous leads n no story doesn't work n there are eg. Parades mein hai Mera Dil which had DD n Arjun Bijlani or IPK3 which was Barun Sobti's comeback show but both were pulled down inspite of popular actors coz they failed to get decent TRPs which is the only thing that matters here .. And in Silsila Aditi received more praises than DD even though she was less popular .. So you see at the end of the day quality matters more than quantity..