I waited for 7 hrs at Mumbai airport before canceling my trip: Shrenu

av131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Actress Shrenu Parikh, who currently plays the lead role in the show Ek Bhram…Sarvagun Sampanna, had to cancel her plans of visiting Vadodara on Tuesday. The actress, who had an afternoon flight, waited at the airport till evening, before deciding that there was no point in waiting further. With the unprecedented heavy showers in Mumbai leading to the delay and cancellation of several flights this week, Shrenu had reached the airport early, with the hope that her flight will eventually take off. 

Talking about her ordeal, Shrenu tells us, “I lost a close relative a few days back and I was supposed to attend the terahvin (13th day prayers) in Vadodara on Tuesday. So, I had applied for a half day leave about two weeks ago and the producers of the show had granted it too. I was shooting at the Film City in the morning and given the situation, I was constantly monitoring the status of my flight on the website. Since it was showing that the flight was on time, I left for the airport early and reached at 12. However, there was complete chaos inside the airport and I couldn’t spot anyone near the boarding gate. All the staff members were running around, attending queries of passengers. I saw a few flights taking off, but soon realized that those were flights that were originally supposed to leave on Monday evening! Most flights were running late by several hours. After waiting till 7 pm, I called up my mom and told her that there was no point in going to Vadodara now. I had booked an early morning flight from Vadodara to Mumbai for Wednesday morning, and it would have made no sense to reach late on Tuesday night. I will try and go once the situation becomes normal.”

Shrenu adds, “In my case, I have applied for refund and should get it soon. There was complete chaos at the airport, as several people lost their patience after waiting for hours. There were heated arguments and in many cases, the stranded passengers were in great difficulty because a few airlines refused to offer refund and said that they would book them on a flight the next morning. I reached my home in Mumbai around 8.30 pm, and it was a really long day!”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ChalkNCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Shrenu cancelled her ticket and is waiting for refund. What's next now🤔

Who writes such articles🥱

TeenRose1 thumbnail