Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Guys, it’s Jim we are talking about . He is a weirdo. 

The Srk reference was because Srk is as close to kjo atm as Jim is with Ranveer. They cordial and all over each other when they meet that’s about it.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

I think he got a call from his PR person! 

He raised a sorta valid point. He backtracked later because he got a lot of backlash, but people got the message. It was unfair to Vicky, but it's a valid question for Meghna. 

Yeah representation is important and nothing to joke about but then the guy himself has played other ethnicities so it's a bit hypocritical for him to say this I feel. Then again we don't get a Parsi biography everyday so there's that. 

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

Guys, it’s Jim we are talking about . He is a weirdo. 

The Srk reference was because Srk is as close to kjo atm as Jim is with Ranveer. They cordial and all over each other when they meet that’s about it.

Yeah. With him you can never tell. Guy's been problematic in the past too I believe so he's very out there. 

GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Yeah. With him you can never tell. Guy's been problematic in the past too I believe so he's very out there. 

He is the one who laughed with Kangana on that stupid rape joke. So ya.. him saying anything problematic should be taken with a pinch of salt and laughter. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it seriously just that he isn’t worth the hassle. his association to Ranveer in a non Ranveer related topic pisses me off just because they are supposed “friends”  and that he acts queer when Ranveer’s name pops up. I don’t get the bestie vibes. 

Edited by GrumpyTheCat - 4 years ago
IAmLuvBolly thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7

Thanks.  I misunderstood and looked on insta 😆.  Anyway, I’m wondering if he was up for this role and lost it to Vicky for whatever reason.  And while there is a degree of hypocrisy in his statement I also think he has a valid point.  This isn’t a fictional character or a fictional story based on historical events or literature.  This is an honest to goodness biography of someone.  

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

He is the one who laughed with Kangana on that stupid rape joke. So ya.. him saying anything problematic should be taken with a pinch of salt and laughter. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it seriously just that he isn’t worth the hassle. his association to Ranveer in a non Ranveer related topic pisses me off just because they are supposed “friends”  and that he acts queer when Ranveer’s name pops up. I don’t get the bestie vibes. 

My question remains the same. Would he have said the same if Ranveer bagged the role of Manekshaw? Does his friend or acquaintance (if they aren't friends) get a pass not Vicky? One can't be selectively outraged about representation. If he was outraged at all. Joke or not representation is an important issue. Either someone is all in or not. I brought up Ranveer because he was in the contention for the role the most. 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
GrumpyTheCat thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

My question remains the same. Would he have said the same if Ranveer bagged the role of Manekshaw? Does his friend or acquaintance (if they aren't friends) get a pass not Vicky? One can't be selectively outraged about representation. If he was outraged at all. Joke or not representation is an important issue. Either someone is all in or not. I brought up Ranveer because he was in the contention for the role the most. 

We will never know will we? Ranveer isn’t in it so why “if ranveer was in it” just like how “if Ranveer was in KS “ drama. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Maybe Jim himself was in contention and lost the role hence the “joke” and maybe it has nothing to do with Ranveer. 

So if representation is not a joke then the makers should very well take a Parsi actor and not Vicky. Jim then stands correct going by your own logic.  

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Originally posted by: simim

Malavika is the way malayalis spell it and pronounce it. It’s not pronounced as Malvika but as Malavika . And Malavika I believe is how it was originally pronounced and spelt ( I referenced Kālidāsa’s play where it is spelt like this). Later maybe it got corrupted to Malvika.

Cant complain...  The name i suggested to one expecting in my circle says that they love the name but its long and probably letter A will be booted 😆 Since when is 7 letter word name long.. I loved that name. Hope sense prevails.

meandwho thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

What happened with Bhumi?

He suited her better. Uncouth meets forever constipated.

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Cant complain...  The name i suggested to one expecting in my circle says that they love the name but its long and probably letter A will be booted 😆 Since when is 7 letter word name long.. I loved that name. Hope sense prevails.

Really? 😆