Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

It wasn’t that serious. He is a Parsi himself hence the poke which he later had to clarify as being a joke. 

How does it matter if He is friends with Ranveer? Ranveer is doing a movie with Vicky too. Ranveer has nothing to do with this. It’s like Kjo doing something and Srk being called out. 🤦🏼‍♀️

He did say that later, but I don't think it was just a joke. As they say, all jokes have an element of truth to them

https://twitter.com/jimSarbh/status/1144548901669785600

I actually do understand where he is coming from, even if he is insisting it was just a joke now

(also check your inbox!)

Edited by hedwig_fawkes - 4 years ago
hedwig_fawkes thumbnail

DP!

I can see why he is frustrated though. And I don't buy the "it was just a joke" defense, because it doesn't make sense as a joke? what was the joke exactly? I think he tweeted without thinking it through and then tried to backtrack. I don't blame him entirely.

AllThatCritique thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: GrumpyTheCat

It wasn’t that serious. He is a Parsi himself hence the poke which he later had to clarify as being a joke. 

How does it matter if He is friends with Ranveer? Ranveer is doing a movie with Vicky too. Ranveer has nothing to do with this. It’s like Kjo doing something and Srk being called out. 🤦🏼‍♀️

Well I hope it was a joke in the first place and not something done out of being called out. I mean if it's a role Shah was supposed to do and KJo was being shady about another actor doing it that leaves a lot to interpretations whther he would do the same with Shahwhich this tweet opens doors to. Not really Ranveer's fault but where Jim is coming from. Are Jim and Vicky friends? Any idea? 

Edited by AllThatCritique - 4 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Millenium Squad

Its Malvika with an extra a... Malvika is very common... Malavika bna diya

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

He did say that later, but I don't think it was just a joke. As they say, all jokes have an element of truth to them

https://twitter.com/jimSarbh/status/1144548901669785600

(also check your inbox!)

He's been sarcastic here so we know that he was 'joking'. 

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail

I don't think they are friends. I know he is being sarcastic here, and the intent is to say he was joking all along, but I don' t think the first tweet about there not being any parsi actors available in BW was a joke. what's the punchline? It doesn't make sense as a joke. It was a clear callout. He tried to play it off as a joke later. 

I think Jim was trying to make a point about there being limited roles for someone like him, and how frustrating it is when even those go to other people. But I get the criticism too. 

aimyx thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Malavika is a common name here in Kerala. It is also the correct spelling as per Dravidian languages. 

Originally posted by: hedwig_fawkes

I don't think so? 

I don't think it was a joke either, because what's the punchline? It doesn't make sense. He tried to play it off as a joke later. 

I think Jim was trying to make a point about there being limited roles for someone like him, and how frustrating it is when even those go to other people. But I get the criticism too. 

Same. It didn't seem like a joke at first glance. Maybe he changed his stance after being called out for playing a lot of ethnicities himself. But guy's a lil bit out there. Could very well be a joke to him. 

hedwig_fawkes thumbnail

Originally posted by: AllThatCritique

Same. It didn't seem like a joke at first glance. Maybe he changed his stance after being called out for playing a lot of ethnicities himself. But guy's a lil bit out there. Could very well be a joke to him. 

I think he got a call from his PR person! 

He raised a sorta valid point. He backtracked later because he got a lot of backlash, but people got the message. It was unfair to Vicky, but it's a valid question for Meghna. 

simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Its Malvika with an extra a... Malvika is very common... Malavika bna diya

Malavika is the way malayalis spell it and pronounce it. It’s not pronounced as Malvika but as Malavika . And Malavika I believe is how it was originally pronounced and spelt ( I referenced Kālidāsa’s play where it is spelt like this). Later maybe it got corrupted to Malvika.

Edited by simim - 4 years ago