Kis Desh Mein Hai Meraa Dil

SS: Dream Come True ** part 17 - pg 9**

premeer thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi everyone,

Its been so long that I'm not sure if anyone I know is still around... Somehow reading old FFs on this forum revived my love for Premeer again and here I'm with a new story. This is dedicated to my friend kkmouli who inspired me to write again just like she did 10 years ago... 

Index

Part 1-4  Pg 1

Part 5-7 Pg 2

Part 8-10 Pg 3

Part 11-12 Pg 4

Part 13 - Pg 5

Part 14- Pg 6

Part 15- Pg 7

Part 16- Pg 8

1. Host

It was the usual morning rush hour with pedestrians walking in both directions on the bridge. There she was in the middle taking in one of the best views of the river while most people were either glued to their mobile or in panic-stricken rush to work. It fascinated her and those around her as well that she wasn’t obsessed with gadgets or selfies. She always thought it could be due to her being from a small town or growing up in a small town in the 90's, the last of those to have a childhood without being swarmed with gadgets. Technology and gadgets weren’t her thing she thought and laughed at the irony of it as she was works in an IT firm.  

As she continued to walk, a person walking in opposite direction caught her attention. He seemed to be talking to someone on the mobile and smiling. Her heart seemed to skip a beat and everything around her seem to fade except for him. As he walked past her, it seemed like their hands brushed against each other bringing her out of trance. It felt like she knew him but couldn’t really recollect how. She could hear the church bells ringing and knew it was time to run.  

She hardly had time to think about the stranger as she had meetings scheduled back to back. 

“You need a break” said a guy locking her desktop for her as she finally sat down at her desk.  

“I know, but I hardly checked my mails today. “She complained.  

“I can assure you there’s nothing important so please... let’s go and get a coffee” He said pulling her along.

She didn’t want to argue further as she could really do with a strong cup of coffee and some fresh air. They went to the canteen and placed their order. Once they settled in chairs,

“I really need your help this time!!” He announced. 

“Is it just me or do you start all your conversations with that line? What is it this time? I don’t have any more friends left that I can introduce you to unless you decide to swing the other way.” She laughed. 

He gave her a serious look and she thought this might be something serious. 

“You know I’m going away on this work trip for 2 weeks and I was wondering if....” He started. 

“If...” She cut him as she never saw him serious.  

It's been 2 years since she started working in this firm. Being the only woman in the team, she mostly couldn’t fit in with others. Sports and Politics weren’t something she was interested in and for others in her team, it was the only thing they connected on. Being alone in a foreign land with no family around and having time to spend, she involved herself in lot of charity activities within the company. It was through one of those things, she met him and hit off immediately as he reminded her of someone she missed terribly.  Though she sat close to his desk, they never spoke before as they were into different projects. 

He met her through one of the charity initiatives he was involved with through work and became friends immediately. He was impressed with her skills and ability, when she organised a major fundraising campaign for the charity. She always reminded him of someone he knew. And later when he started to do a part time research course, she was a major lifeline for him. She helped him with few of his course work projects.

“If you can host someone while I’m away”. He continued.  

“Isn’t your home free if you’re away?” She looked at him puzzled. 

“It would have been if I knew earlier of the visit, but I already lent it to a couple on their honeymoon. You know it’ll be awkward to both parties” He tried to sound casual sipping the coffee. 

“Hmmm” She tried to think if she had anyone visiting her. It was one of the perks being in a city that attracted tourists and she loved hosting. It was only through her visiting friends that she discovered new hangouts, cuisines and different things to do based on their interests. 

He knew she would be the perfect host and he couldn’t really take a chance.  

“Pleaseeeeeeee... I promise to take you to see that play you’re interested in once I’m back.” He held her hand and pleaded seeing her think so much. 

“And also, the bollywood movie?” She raised her eyebrows.  

“Argh!! You know I’m tired of seeing Alia Bhatt in every other movie” He said counting the number of bollywood movies he saw since he met her, and the number of movies Alia was in.  

“Well then I’m leaving” She stood up taking in the last sip of her coffee.  It wasn’t like she was going to say no. She never said no to her friends but knowing him, she had to get her way before he took advantage of her. 

“Okay deal” He said shaking her hands as she didn’t leave him with much choice and ran away from there before she changed her mind or asked any further questions. 

PS: Please don't ask me about old one because I'm not sure I remember the story line but I promise I'll end this. Posting this only after making sure I've written it down. 😉

Edited by premeer - 3 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

premeer thumbnail

2. The Stranger

It was early Saturday morning, when she woke up to sound of bell ringing continuously. She wondered if she did any online shopping recently. Sometimes, running out of time she does place grocery orders online but seems to forget the time-slot she booked for.  She opened the door yawning and was shocked to see 'the stranger' with a baffled expression on his face.  She sheepishly rubbed her eyes to check if she was dreaming but he still seems to be there. There he was the stranger on the bridge!! The stranger in her dreams!! She touched his cheek and reality hit her. He’s for real. She lost track of reality as he was in her dreams for so long now.

“Preet’s brother” was all he said looking at her as if he has seen something weird.

“OMG” she thought.  She left the door wide open and went in search of the robe to cover her pyjamas.  

As she disappeared out of his sight, he wondered what to do. Thinking for a moment, he dragged the suitcase in and closed the door. He was impressed with the apartment, it seemed bright and airy. She has a good choice he thought as he looked around the living room. His thoughts went back to her.

This wasn’t what he expected. He was here to attend few business meetings and decided to surprise his little brother. Although initially happy to see him, his little brother told him that he’ll be away for 2 weeks and his apartment has been already rented out to a couple. He could have easily found a hotel to stay but his brother talked him into staying at his friends’ place. When he said friend, he never expected to stand at the doorstep of a girl. As this was his little brother Preet, he should have thought twice about it.  

“Sorry” She said coming out of her bedroom covered in her robe hiding her cute mickey pyjamas. Even with her messy bun and sleepy face, there seems to have a certain charm about her he thought.  

“I’m Heer.. Preet didn’t tell me you’ll come today” She said trying to strangle Preet in her thoughts. When Preet told her to host someone, she never expected it to be a man... let alone his own brother.  

“What did you get into Heer?” She mentally kicked herself.  

Seeing her shocked state, he said “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you early morning. I’m sure I can find a hotel somewhere...”  only to be cut off mid-sentence. 

“No... It’s okay.”  She thought she screamed and seeing him startled she added “I mean Preet is very good friend of mine, I can’t let him down. You’re his brother... I mean he must have felt bad to leave you all alone... “. At some point she lost track of what she wanted to say and just kept on blabbering whatever is coming to her mind.  

“I’ll prepare breakfast. Why don’t you freshen up...?“  She dragged her sentence trying to recollect his name. Did he say a name or was she so shaken up that she didn’t remember?  

“Which room is it?” He asked and she pointed to the room at the end of hallway. “And my name’s Prem.. Prem Juneja” He said while dragging the suitcase in the direction of room. 

PREM JUNEJA!!! It rang alarm bells in Heer’s mind, and she immediately searched for her mobile. She opened her emails and kept scrolling back to about a year ago. She immediately called the only person who can put her confused mind to rest. 

“DIIII... you woke up so early?? It’s going to rain today” Her sister said chuckling.  

“When does it not rain here Meher?” Heer said frustrated trying to get to the point. “And before you say anything Meher.. You know that stranger on the bridge its Prem and he’s here!!” Heer said in one breath. 

“Prem... Who’s Prem?” Meher couldn’t recollect. 

“Don’t you remember, you sent me his pic a year ago”. Heer thought how could Meher forget such an important thing but then even Heer didn’t remember.  

“Prem Juneja” Heer said. 

“Ah Juneja!!” Meher recollected the time she spied on her dad to get all the information she needed to pass on to her beloved didi. 

“But how?” Dad didn’t meet anyone from their family since then. 

Meher missed her sister but also knew how important it was for sister to do that master’s course. By the time she started working, they got used to her staying away. She did visit them whenever she missed them too much and, it was fun to visit her sister and travel around without their parents. Ever since Heer settled in her job, her dad was on hunt to get her married. Somehow, she was successful in dodging the bullet everytime. However, the one time when her father finally met his long-lost friend it did seem like there was no escape. With great difficulty, Meher managed to get details of his friend’s son from her father’s email and passed them on to her sister to be prepared for battle. However, it fizzled out sooner than she thought.  

“Meher does he know about me?” Heer screamed on phone bringing Meher out of her thoughts.  

“Chill Di... I only saw the email from Lalit uncle with information about Prem.  I think Dad was preparing to send him your photo and other details when Lalit uncle called and said he’s not interested to get married yet. Wait... how did he end up at your place?” Meher told her. Heer explained her the situtation. 

“Diiii.. Didn't I tell you this Preet guy is nothing but trouble???” Meher did meet him a few times when she was visiting Heer. He seemed to be always getting in some trouble by flirting with girls or messing up with their boyfriends. However, she was happy to know that he kept her sister happy and entertained her like she does. 

“What do I do now Meher?” Meher could sense the excitement in her sister’s voice. She knew her sister has a crush on this guy. During the past few days, Heer kept on talking about how this stranger was haunting her in her dreams and her numerous attempts to recollect who he was.  

Before Meher could say anything, she said “Bye.. Call you later”.  

Heer heard the sound of door opening and footsteps approaching and immediately went to kitchen. 

“Sorry, my sister called” She said as he stood near the breakfast bar. She promised him breakfast and here she was still thinking what to do.  

“Do you talk daily?” Heer heard him say as she was trying to think what she can prepare quickly. As she saw eggs, bread she gleefully said “YES” and then realised his question. 

“Sorry, yea I talk to her almost every day” She said kicking herself for her abnormal behaviour today.  

“Your family must be missing Preet as well considering how lively he is!!” Heer said. 

“Well that’s a very polite way to say what a brat he is” Prem smiled and Heer agreed that he is.  

“Yea he’s the life of the house but then my parents never said No to us so here we are doing what we want” He seemed quite proud of his family. 

As Heer was mixing eggs and milk, he offered to help even after her constant denial. “My friends say I’m a great cook, so please let me show my skills Heer” He said.  

“Does my name sound so poetic always?” She thought and let Prem help her. They had a silent breakfast not knowing what else to say.

“I need a walk” Heer sighed as she felt stuffed and went to her room to get ready.

Prem stood there unsure of what to do but Heer quickly returned changing into casuals asking him to join her.

As they walked along the riverside, Heer found out Prem hasn't been around much in the city and decided she'll show him around post lunch.

xxx

It was Sunday evening and they were pretty exhausted with all the sightseeing. They were in a major shopping street with all branded shops on either side of the road when Prem spotted a south indian restaurant at the end of one of the lanes. 

"I feel like having Dosa" He said pointing Heer in that direction.

"Let's go" She said running in the opposite direction towards the tube station. 

"It's this way Heer" He was pointing in the opposite direction but followed her anyay.

"Where are we going?" He asked as she sat down beside her on the tube.

"To eat dosa" She declared.

"But the restaurant was down the road" It didn't make any sense to him that they were taking a tube for it.

"Do you want Dosa or not?" She asked annoyed at his questions.

After probably changing two tubes and what seemed like close to an hour, they finally got off.

"Will you just tell me what is happening?" Prem was famished at this point. 

"This is where you've Dosa" She pulled him along inside a restaurant.

Once they were seated, 

"We traveled all the way from west to east part of the city for dosa" He never met someone so crazy. 

"You'll know once you try their dosa n chutneys" She said confidently.

"Your usual" said the waiter to Heer and asked Prem what he wanted. 

Once the waiter left, he was surprised to see other staff waving to Heer and saying hello as they pass by. It seemed a very basic place although he could see lot of Indians around which made him wonder if he was actually in India.

"How many times have you been here?" He asked.

"Lets say enough times for the staff to know me by name but not that frequent to get discounts like Preet" She giggled.

"So this is your favourite then?" He said.

"Hmm for this area and south indian food" She said digging into her dosa.

"I need to be careful before I say I want to eat something then" He laughed wondering where all she'll drag him if she has one for every area. As he took a bite of dosa, it all made sense.

On their way back home in the tube, Heer was standing opposite Prem animatedly explaining him something instead of holding on to the rail. She went crashing into his arms as the tube came to a sudden halt.

"Not again" She thought. 

Yesterday afternoon when they were on a train to visit a museum 

"Someone seems to be having a fun time" Meher texted and as Heer was busy typing a retort, she lost balance when train halted. Prem supported her by holding her shoulders as her back hit him. 

She felt goosebumps when he whispered close to her ears his breath fanning her neck. "You better take this seat" 

Embarrassed Heer immediately took the empty seat beside her and avoided looking at him for the rest of the journey.

xxx 

More to follow

Edited by premeer - 4 years ago
premeer thumbnail

3. Farewell

It was Friday and Heer stepped out of the office exhausted. Not an ideal Friday night... all thanks to Prem, she thought. Its nearly a week since he's been staying with her.

Weekend was spent roaming in the city. She started to enjoy his company as the initial awkwardness wore off and they started to talk. 

Last night much to her surprise, she joined Prem in binge watching a show causing her severe headache throughout the day. She usually stayed away from watching anything as she knew this would be the result. She recalled how Meher and her used to binge watch everything available only to be scolded by their mom to help her around the house rather than wasting time.

Lost in her thoughts, she banged into someone only to be steadied by a pair of arms surrounding her from back. As she tilted back, she could smell a familiar fragrance engulfing her senses and immediately realised who it was. This wasn't the first time it happened. Heer came to realise how clumsy she was in the past few days. 

"Prem..What are you doing here?" She screamed and turned back to face him. 

"I'm here to take you for dinner." Prem said surprised that she could recognise him even without seeing him. 

She's been a great company to him. He never thought he could be friends with someone easily. He was not someone who is comfortable around everyone. Except for family and few friends, he's normally very reserved around others. But then, Heer is someone who can entertain anyone he thought. 

Although he's been to the city few times, it was always for work and never had much time to hang around. Probably for best he thought otherwise he wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as the way Heer showed him. He had tough days at work and returned late but Heer was kind enough to cook dinner and made sure he ate well.

He finished his work early today and wanted to treat her. He knew where Preet worked so he came there and was planning to call Heer when he spotted her bumping into someone. 

She's so not aware of her surroundings. He smiled as he recalled past incidents.

As they sat down for dinner, he could sense the excitement in her face. When we questioned to name just one restaurant post their Sunday evening adventure, she named this. Reservations had to be made in advance and  he had his contacts though to get through.

"So, what should I order?" Prem asked her checking out the menu. 

"Masala chai to start off... Its just amazing" She went on what about to order.

Over the past few days, she surprised him with her love of food. There are people who eat to live and who live to eat, she belonged to the second category. He recalled how she almost dragged him from one end of the city to other just because he said he felt like eating a particular dish. That dish was to been eaten only there she declared and wasn't ready to listen to him. 

Heer ordered for both of them as he knew he can trust her choices.

"So, what are your weekend plans?" She asked gleefully.

"Seriously Heer, you forgot already?" He complained and reminded her promise to drive him around countryside. 

"Ah!!" She avoided driving as much as she could. Thanks to the public transport, she didn't have to drive to work. It was reserved only for trips out of the city. 

"Don't worry I've got my international license as well if you need me to drive" He said as he recalled her hatred for driving.

"Fine.." She said and was busy discussing the plans for tomorrow. She failed to notice a guy stand next to their table until she heard

"Heer Maan... I believe Congratulations should follow" He said looking at Prem. 

"Risabh" Heer said and cursed him mentally.

"This is my wife Aslesha.." He said pulling his wife beside him, introducing her to Heer.

"Congratulations!!" Heer said wanting them to disappear but he seemed to pull a chair.

"This is Prem, Veera's cousin" She stressed and saw his face go pale. The waiter said their table was ready and they left.

"Friend" Prem asked but could see the irritation on her face.

"Nah just a jerk" She replied and Prem raised his eyebrows in askance. 

"Veera's ex-fiance" She said knowing Veera is Preet's cousin. She explained how Veera met him here and fell in love but as they started living together he became more and more controlling and stopped her from going anywhere.

It was difficult for Heer to see what her friend was going through but she couldn't just watch. She secretly took Veera to a specialist who was able to make her see the truth of their relationship.

Prem then recalled Preet telling him about his friend was helping their cousin Veera to come out of an abusive relationship. It was Heer who helped Veera. His admiration for Heer grew. 

"I hope Veera is fine" Heer asked. Although they text sometimes, Veera left to India after she broke the relationship.

"She's doing great. Uncle and aunty felt it would help her if she's back with the family. She took up a job last month" Prem told her about Veera.

"This tastes great" He said sipping the chai and they were back to discussing what dessert they should have.

They argued for a while about Pista or Malai kulfi which tasted the best and then gave up and ordered both.

Next morning they started early to avoid traffic. Prem usually was the one driving. He's not used to being in the passenger seat. He was bored as Heer decided on leaving mobiles at home so that it doesn't bother him. If anything past week thought her was that he's just glued to it for everything. He fiddled with the radio buttons but nothing interested him so he turned it off.

"We can play a game if you're bored" Heer said noticing his frustation.

"Game?" Prem was confused.

Heer told him how Meher and her ask each other random questions sometimes to tease each other or catch up on things. 

"Hmm" Prem said as there wasn't much of a choice... Heer did tell him a litte of her sister Meher and it was enough to make out she was exactly like Preet.

"You go first" She said.

"City or Village?" He immediately asked.

"Townnn" Heer said as she couldn't really choose.

"Heer that's not fair" He complained.

"Truth it is!! I don't like being remote neither can I handle large crowds so a compromise." She explained.

"Mobile/Laptop" She asked though she knew his mobile means the world to him.

"Mobile" 

"Apple/Samsung" Apple she said and Samsung he said and they decided to agree to disagree.

Drink/Smoke. Drink he said. I don’t smoke but I do drink occasionally with friends or at parties. He looked at her in askance.

Neither. She said concentrating on the road ahead.

"Tea/Coffee" Tea she said and coffee he said. 

"Chocolate/Vanilla" Chocolate it is she said and he agreed.

"Aloo/Gobi Parata" Aloo she said. Gobi he said.

The discussion went about colours, countries, various food, places etc. They fought strongly for their choices sometimes but they seem to match mostly.

"We're here..." Heer announced as they reached the destination. Prem didn't realise how time flew. As they decided to trek along the national park, they continued their game.

Another week passed and Prem was standing at the door with his packed bags. It felt like two weeks passed in a blink of eye. He wanted to leave a note for her but couldn't get to write anything. 

After thinking for a minute, he scribbled down

"Bye Heer. Thanks for everything!". He stood near the lift and sighed. A part of him didn't want to leave but Preet was waiting downstairs.

Heer woke up with a huge headache. She saw the time and rushed to get ready. As she came out, she kept calling Prem. She went to check his room and found it empty. It was then she recalled that Preet might have come to pick him up.

She felt sad that he left without informing her but as she went to the kitchen, she found some aloo paratha with a note sticking under the plate.

"Bye Heer. Thanks for everything!" She just stared at the plate of food and took a bite.

xxxx

premeer thumbnail

4. The Kiss

xxEarlierxx

Heer was at work trying to investigate an issue when her mobile kept buzzing. It was message from Prem.

"Lunch/Dinner?" He asked.

Dinner she said as there was no way she can step out of work now.

"Biryani/Pulao" He asked.

"Biryani any day" She replied.

After few other questions, "Beer/Cider" Cider she sent and then cursed herself

"Haha!! caught you" Prem replied.

He's been trying to do pub crawling with her but she kept declining and now he won't leave her alone she thought. She turned off her mobile as she wasn't progressing much at work and decided to focus.

She was running late. Prem will be home anytime and there's no dinner. Heer thought she'll quickly order something but opened her door lock to sense the aromatic smell of biryani overpowering the room.

"Surprise" Prem said as he pointed to the dining table.

"Where did you order this from?" Heer was taking in the fragrance of the biryani as she opened the casserole.

"Oh hello.. I made this for you. I was home early so thought I'll cook." He was angry. He was leaving tomorrow and wanted to do something for Heer. 

Heer noticed him sulking. 

"Sorry and thanks" She gave him a goofy smile which seemed to do its job. 

As she settled to serve herself, he pulled her away saying no.

There is something to do before you eat he said and took out the bottle hiding in the shelf. 

"Prem" She chided. 

"Oh pleaseee Heer... don't be so naive.. I've been here for two weeks now, I do notice things." He said as he found it in one of the cupboards few days earlier but didn't understand why she would lie to him.

"That's for when Meher is here" She said. Meher loved wine but she hates it so when trying different things to give company to Meher, they seemed to have settled for this fruit cider.

"Fine.. biryani first!!" She said as he was pleading her and served herself some.

"Wow.. prem you're a great chef!!" Heer praised him as she served herself seconds.

"Leave some for me as well" Prem joined her. By now he knew if she likes something there'll be hardly anything left of it so he quickly served himself. Admiring himself for a job well done, he let Heer know Preet will pick him up tomorrow morning.

As they settled down on the couch, Prem handed her the bottle and said "Cheers" 

She gave in and he handed her the remote as well as it was her turn to pick a movie. She was about to select, when he said "Lets go for a walk instead" 

Heer agreed as she recalled how she gobbled more than half of biryani he made.

They settled down on a bench as they could see the sun set, thanks to the long summer days. Heer realised they have come quite far from home.

"I'm going to have a headache tomorrow" She said as she stared at the empty bottle in her hand.

"Relax Heer that has got like less than 4%, it wouldn't be bad" Prem assured her but she knew that it wsd not the case. The main reason she stayed away from it is because she always had this sensation that she'll faint."

As they started to walk back, he told her he's taking a flight next Saturday after staying with Preet for few days. Heer felt his arm around her.

"I'm going to miss you Heer" He said as he pulled her into a side hug. 

She didn't know what happened to her next but could be the cool breeze or the moonlight or the surroundings, she pulled him closer and kissed him with all her might. 

Realising what she did, she immediately ran away upstairs to her apartment. Prem stood there for a moment unsure of what happened and then followed her.

When he entered the apartment, he could see her room door was locked and she was nowhere to be seen, so he left to his room. 

Next morning he woke up to the sound of his mobile. It was Preet, who informed him he'll be there in half an hour. He freshened up and packed his bags. He thought she might not have woken up yet so he took out the parathas he made yesterday to surprise her for breakfast and heated them up. 

There was no sign of her yet and he thought she might be avoiding him. So, he left her a note and asked Preet not to come up as Heer is still sleeping.

Heer didn't know what happened to her last night. She could blame it on weather, alcohol etc etc but deep down she knew she had some feelings for him. She did like him the first time she saw his picture and when she saw in person, she was completely smitten but didn't want to admit it to herself. 

She did have quite a few crushes growing up but she never approached anyone. He seems to be different. Did she have deeper feelings for him?

Anyone around? I can do with some feedback... 😳

Edited by premeer - 4 years ago
Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Woww another Premeer story after sooooo long😭i will surely read and comment on each part. Just now busy voting for Premeer😊 once it's done then I will read. Till then please vote our Premeer aka Harshiti😃

Do read my stories if you have time

[url=https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/5055618] Sunzz Secrets [/url]

Edited by Sunzz.Harshiti - 4 years ago
Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail

This content was originally posted by: premeer

Hi everyone,

Its been so long that I'm not sure if anyone I know is still around... Somehow reading old FFs on this forum revived my love for Premeer again and here I'm with a new story. This is dedicated to my friend kkmouli who inspired me to write again just like she did 10 years ago... 

1. Host

It was the usual morning rush hour with pedestrians walking in both directions on the bridge. There she was in the middle taking in one of the best views of the river while most people were either glued to their mobile or in panic-stricken rush to work. It fascinated her and those around her as well that she wasn’t obsessed with gadgets or selfies. She always thought it could be due to her being from a small town or growing up in a small town in the 90's, the last of those to have a childhood without being swarmed with gadgets. Technology and gadgets weren’t her thing she thought and laughed at the irony of it as she was works in an IT firm.  

As she continued to walk, a person walking in opposite direction caught her attention. He seemed to be talking to someone on the mobile and smiling. Her heart seemed to skip a beat and everything around her seem to fade except for him. As he walked past her, it seemed like their hands brushed against each other bringing her out of trance. It felt like she knew him but couldn’t really recollect how. She could hear the church bells ringing and knew it was time to run.  

She hardly had time to think about the stranger as she had meetings scheduled back to back. 

“You need a break” said a guy locking her desktop for her as she finally sat down at her desk.  

“I can assure you there’s nothing important so please... let’s go and get a coffee” He said pulling her along.

She didn’t want to argue further as she could really do with a strong cup of coffee and some fresh air. They went to the canteen and placed their order. Once they settled in chairs,

“Is it just me or do you start all your conversations with that line? What is it this time? I don’t have any more friends left that I can introduce you to unless you decide to swing the other way.” She laughed. 

“You know I’m going away on this work trip for 2 weeks and I was wondering if....” He started. 

It's been 2 years since she started working in this firm. Being the only woman in the team, she mostly couldn’t fit in with others. Sports and Politics weren’t something she was interested in and for others in her team, it was the only thing they connected on. Being alone in a foreign land with no family around and having time to spend, she involved herself in lot of charity activities within the company. It was through one of those things, she met him and hit off immediately as he reminded her of someone she missed terribly.  Though she sat close to his desk, they never spoke before as they were into different projects. 

He met her through one of the charity initiatives he was involved with through work and became friends immediately. He was impressed with her skills and ability, when she organised a major fundraising campaign for the charity. She always reminded him of someone he knew. And later when he started to do a part time research course, she was a major lifeline for him. She helped him with few of his course work projects.

“It would have been if I knew earlier of the visit, but I already lent it to a couple on their honeymoon. You know it’ll be awkward to both parties” He tried to sound casual sipping the coffee. 

“Hmmm” She tried to think if she had anyone visiting her. It was one of the perks being in a city that attracted tourists and she loved hosting. It was only through her visiting friends that she discovered new hangouts, cuisines and different things to do based on their interests. 

“Pleaseeeeeeee... I promise to take you to see that play you’re interested in once I’m back.” He held her hand and pleaded seeing her think so much. 

“Argh!! You know I’m tired of seeing Alia Bhatt in every other movie” He said counting the number of bollywood movies he saw since he met her, and the number of movies Alia was in.  

“Well then I’m leaving” She stood up taking in the last sip of her coffee.  It wasn’t like she was going to say no. She never said no to her friends but knowing him, she had to get her way before he took advantage of her. 

“Okay deal” He said shaking her hands as she didn’t leave him with much choice and ran away from there before she changed her mind or asked any further questions. 

PS: Please don't ask me about old one because I'm not sure I remember the story line but I promise I'll end this. Posting this only after making sure I've written it down. 😉

Great start👏 so preet set the road for Premeer meeting. I always love this guy😉 waiting for Premeer meeting

Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail

Hi everyone,

1. Host

Great start. So Preet set the way for Premeer meeting. I always love this guy❤️ now waiting for Premeer to meet.

Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail

2. The Stranger

It was early Saturday morning, when she woke up to sound of bell ringing continuously. She wondered if she did any online shopping recently. Sometimes, running out of time she does place grocery orders online but seems to forget the time-slot she booked for.  She opened the door yawning and was shocked to see 'the stranger' with a baffled expression on his face.  She sheepishly rubbed her eyes to check if she was dreaming but he still seems to be there. There he was the stranger on the bridge!! The stranger in her dreams!! She touched his cheek and reality hit her. He’s for real. She lost track of reality as he was in her dreams for so long now.

“Preet’s brother” was all he said looking at her as if he has seen something weird.

“OMG” she thought.  She left the door wide open and went in search of the robe to cover her pyjamas.  

As she disappeared out of his sight, he wondered what to do. Thinking for a moment, he dragged the suitcase in and closed the door. He was impressed with the apartment, it seemed bright and airy. She has a good choice he thought as he looked around the living room. His thoughts went back to her.

This wasn’t what he expected. He was here to attend few business meetings and decided to surprise his little brother. Although initially happy to see him, his little brother told him that he’ll be away for 2 weeks and his apartment has been already rented out to a couple. He could have easily found a hotel to stay but his brother talked him into staying at his friends’ place. When he said friend, he never expected to stand at the doorstep of a girl. As this was his little brother Preet, he should have thought twice about it.  

“Sorry” She said coming out of her bedroom covered in her robe hiding her cute mickey pyjamas. Even with her messy bun and sleepy face, there seems to have a certain charm about her he thought.  

“I’m Heer.. Preet didn’t tell me you’ll come today” She said trying to strangle Preet in her thoughts. When Preet told her to host someone, she never expected it to be a man... let alone his own brother.  

“What did you get into Heer?” She mentally kicked herself.  

Seeing her shocked state, he said “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to startle you early morning. I’m sure I can find a hotel somewhere...”  only to be cut off mid-sentence. 

“No... It’s okay.”  She thought she screamed and seeing him startled she added “I mean Preet is very good friend of mine, I can’t let him down. You’re his brother... I mean he must have felt bad to leave you all alone... “. At some point she lost track of what she wanted to say and just kept on blabbering whatever is coming to her mind.  

“I’ll prepare breakfast. Why don’t you freshen up...?“  She dragged her sentence trying to recollect his name. Did he say a name or was she so shaken up that she didn’t remember?  

“Which room is it?” He asked and she pointed to the room at the end of hallway. “And my name’s Prem.. Prem Juneja” He said while dragging the suitcase in the direction of room. 

PREM JUNEJA!!! It rang alarm bells in Heer’s mind, and she immediately searched for her mobile. She opened her emails and kept scrolling back to about a year ago. She immediately called the only person who can put her confused mind to rest. 

“DIIII... you woke up so early?? It’s going to rain today” Her sister said chuckling.  

“When does it not rain here Meher?” Heer said frustrated trying to get to the point. “And before you say anything Meher.. You know that stranger on the bridge its Prem and he’s here!!” Heer said in one breath. 

“Prem... Who’s Prem?” Meher couldn’t recollect. 

“Don’t you remember, you sent me his pic a year ago”. Heer thought how could Meher forget such an important thing but then even Heer didn’t remember.  

“Prem Juneja” Heer said. 

“Ah Juneja!!” Meher recollected the time she spied on her dad to get all the information she needed to pass on to her beloved didi. 

“But how?” Dad didn’t meet anyone from their family since then. 

Meher missed her sister but also knew how important it was for sister to do that master’s course. By the time she started working, they got used to her staying away. She did visit them whenever she missed them too much and, it was fun to visit her sister and travel around without their parents. Ever since Heer settled in her job, her dad was on hunt to get her married. Somehow, she was successful in dodging the bullet everytime. However, the one time when her father finally met his long-lost friend it did seem like there was no escape. With great difficulty, Meher managed to get details of his friend’s son from her father’s email and passed them on to her sister to be prepared for battle. However, it fizzled out sooner than she thought.  

“Meher does he know about me?” Heer screamed on phone bringing Meher out of her thoughts.  

“Chill Di... I only saw the email from Lalit uncle with information about Prem.  I think Dad was preparing to send him your photo and other details when Lalit uncle called and said he’s not interested to get married yet. Wait... how did he end up at your place?” Meher told her. Heer explained her the situtation. 

“Diiii.. Didn't I tell you this Preet guy is nothing but trouble???” Meher did meet him a few times when she was visiting Heer. He seemed to be always getting in some trouble by flirting with girls or messing up with their boyfriends. However, she was happy to know that he kept her sister happy and entertained her like she does. 

“What do I do now Meher?” Meher could sense the excitement in her sister’s voice. She knew her sister has a crush on this guy. During the past few days, Heer kept on talking about how this stranger was haunting her in her dreams and her numerous attempts to recollect who he was.  

Before Meher could say anything, she said “Bye.. Call you later”.  

Heer heard the sound of door opening and footsteps approaching and immediately went to kitchen. 

“Sorry, my sister called” She said as he stood near the breakfast bar. She promised him breakfast and here she was still thinking what to do.  

“Do you talk daily?” Heer heard him say as she was trying to think what she can prepare quickly. As she saw eggs, bread she gleefully said “YES” and then realised his question. 

“Sorry, yea I talk to her almost every day” She said kicking herself for her abnormal behaviour today.  

“Your family must be missing Preet as well considering how lively he is!!” Heer said. 

“Well that’s a very polite way to say what a brat he is” Prem smiled and Heer agreed that he is.  

“Yea he’s the life of the house but then my parents never said No to us so here we are doing what we want” He seemed quite proud of his family. 

As Heer was mixing eggs and milk, he offered to help even after her constant denial. “My friends say I’m a great cook, so please let me show my skills Heer” He said.  

“Does my name sound so poetic always?” She thought and let Prem help her. They had a silent breakfast not knowing what else to say.

“I need a walk” Heer sighed as she felt stuffed and went to her room to get ready.

Prem stood there unsure of what to do but Heer quickly returned changing into casuals asking him to join her.

As they walked along the riverside, Heer found out Prem hasn't been around much in the city and decided she'll show him around post lunch.

xxx

It was Sunday evening and they were pretty exhausted with all the sightseeing. They were in a major shopping street with all branded shops on either side of the road when Prem spotted a south indian restaurant at the end of one of the lanes. 

"I feel like having Dosa" He said pointing Heer in that direction.

"Let's go" She said running in the opposite direction towards the tube station. 

"It's this way Heer" He was pointing in the opposite direction but followed her anyay.

"Where are we going?" He asked as she sat down beside her on the tube.

"To eat dosa" She declared.

"But the restaurant was down the road" It didn't make any sense to him that they were taking a tube for it.

"Do you want Dosa or not?" She asked annoyed at his questions.

After probably changing two tubes and what seemed like close to an hour, they finally got off.

"Will you just tell me what is happening?" Prem was famished at this point. 

"This is where you've Dosa" She pulled him along inside a restaurant.

Once they were seated, 

"We traveled all the way from west to east part of the city for dosa" He never met someone so crazy. 

"You'll know once you try their dosa n chutneys" She said confidently.

"Your usual" said the waiter to Heer and asked Prem what he wanted. 

Once the waiter left, he was surprised to see other staff waving to Heer and saying hello as they pass by. It seemed a very basic place although he could see lot of Indians around which made him wonder if he was actually in India.

"How many times have you been here?" He asked.

"Lets say enough times for the staff to know me by name but not that frequent to get discounts like Preet" She giggled.

"So this is your favourite then?" He said.

"Hmm for this area and south indian food" She said digging into her dosa.

"I need to be careful before I say I want to eat something then" He laughed wondering where all she'll drag him if she has one for every area. As he took a bite of dosa, it all made sense.

On their way back home in the tube, Heer was standing opposite Prem animatedly explaining him something instead of holding on to the rail. She went crashing into his arms as the tube came to a sudden halt.

"Not again" She thought. 

Yesterday afternoon when they were on a train to visit a museum 

"Someone seems to be having a fun time" Meher texted and as Heer was busy typing a retort, she lost balance when train halted. Prem supported her by holding her shoulders as her back hit him. 

She felt goosebumps when he whispered close to her ears his breath fanning her neck. "You better take this seat" 

Embarrassed Heer immediately took the empty seat beside her and avoided looking at him for the rest of the journey.

xxx 

More to follow

Cute handsome stranger, Prem aww I love the way Heer welcomed Prem in her apartment and Prem's reaction🤣 Really loved it when Heer dragged him all the way from West to East just to have the best dosa since he wants to eat it. 

Ohh so she had a crush on him☺️ but he didn't want to marry. Hmm....interesting.

Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail

3. Farewell

It was Friday and Heer stepped out of the office exhausted. Not an ideal Friday night... all thanks to Prem, she thought. Its nearly a week since he's been staying with her.

Weekend was spent roaming in the city. She started to enjoy his company as the initial awkwardness wore off and they started to talk. 

Last night much to her surprise, she joined Prem in binge watching a show causing her severe headache throughout the day. She usually stayed away from watching anything as she knew this would be the result. She recalled how Meher and her used to binge watch everything available only to be scolded by their mom to help her around the house rather than wasting time.

Lost in her thoughts, she banged into someone only to be steadied by a pair of arms surrounding her from back. As she tilted back, she could smell a familiar fragrance engulfing her senses and immediately realised who it was. This wasn't the first time it happened. Heer came to realise how clumsy she was in the past few days. 

"Prem..What are you doing here?" She screamed and turned back to face him. 

"I'm here to take you for dinner." Prem said surprised that she could recognise him even without seeing him. 

She's been a great company to him. He never thought he could be friends with someone easily. He was not someone who is comfortable around everyone. Except for family and few friends, he's normally very reserved around others. But then, Heer is someone who can entertain anyone he thought. 

Although he's been to the city few times, it was always for work and never had much time to hang around. Probably for best he thought otherwise he wouldn't have enjoyed it as much as the way Heer showed him. He had tough days at work and returned late but Heer was kind enough to cook dinner and made sure he ate well.

He finished his work early today and wanted to treat her. He knew where Preet worked so he came there and was planning to call Heer when he spotted her bumping into someone. 

She's so not aware of her surroundings. He smiled as he recalled past incidents.

As they sat down for dinner, he could sense the excitement in her face. When we questioned to name just one restaurant post their Sunday evening adventure, she named this. Reservations had to be made in advance and  he had his contacts though to get through.

"So, what should I order?" Prem asked her checking out the menu. 

"Masala chai to start off... Its just amazing" She went on what about to order.

Over the past few days, she surprised him with her love of food. There are people who eat to live and who live to eat, she belonged to the second category. He recalled how she almost dragged him from one end of the city to other just because he said he felt like eating a particular dish. That dish was to been eaten only there she declared and wasn't ready to listen to him. 

Heer ordered for both of them as he knew he can trust her choices.

"So, what are your weekend plans?" She asked gleefully.

"Seriously Heer, you forgot already?" He complained and reminded her promise to drive him around countryside. 

"Ah!!" She avoided driving as much as she could. Thanks to the public transport, she didn't have to drive to work. It was reserved only for trips out of the city. 

"Don't worry I've got my international license as well if you need me to drive" He said as he recalled her hatred for driving.

"Fine.." She said and was busy discussing the plans for tomorrow. She failed to notice a guy stand next to their table until she heard

"Heer Maan... I believe Congratulations should follow" He said looking at Prem. 

"Risabh" Heer said and cursed him mentally.

"This is my wife Aslesha.." He said pulling his wife beside him, introducing her to Heer.

"Congratulations!!" Heer said wanting them to disappear but he seemed to pull a chair.

"This is Prem, Veera's cousin" She stressed and saw his face go pale. The waiter said their table was ready and they left.

"Friend" Prem asked but could see the irritation on her face.

"Nah just a jerk" She replied and Prem raised his eyebrows in askance. 

"Veera's ex-fiance" She said knowing Veera is Preet's cousin. She explained how Veera met him here and fell in love but as they started living together he became more and more controlling and stopped her from going anywhere.

It was difficult for Heer to see what her friend was going through but she couldn't just watch. She secretly took Veera to a specialist who was able to make her see the truth of their relationship.

Prem then recalled Preet telling him about his friend was helping their cousin Veera to come out of an abusive relationship. It was Heer who helped Veera. His admiration for Heer grew. 

"I hope Veera is fine" Heer asked. Although they text sometimes, Veera left to India after she broke the relationship.

"She's doing great. Uncle and aunty felt it would help her if she's back with the family. She took up a job last month" Prem told her about Veera.

"This tastes great" He said sipping the chai and they were back to discussing what dessert they should have.

They argued for a while about Pista or Malai kulfi which tasted the best and then gave up and ordered both.

Next morning they started early to avoid traffic. Prem usually was the one driving. He's not used to being in the passenger seat. He was bored as Heer decided on leaving mobiles at home so that it doesn't bother him. If anything past week thought her was that he's just glued to it for everything. He fiddled with the radio buttons but nothing interested him so he turned it off.

"We can play a game if you're bored" Heer said noticing his frustation.

"Game?" Prem was confused.

Heer told him how Meher and her ask each other random questions sometimes to tease each other or catch up on things. 

"Hmm" Prem said as there wasn't much of a choice... Heer did tell him a litte of her sister Meher and it was enough to make out she was exactly like Preet.

"You go first" She said.

"City or Village?" He immediately asked.

"Townnn" Heer said as she couldn't really choose.

"Heer that's not fair" He complained.

"Truth it is!! I don't like being remote neither can I handle large crowds so a compromise." She explained.

"Mobile/Laptop" She asked though she knew his mobile means the world to him.

"Mobile" 

"Apple/Samsung" Apple she said and Samsung he said and they decided to agree to disagree.

Drink/Smoke. Drink he said. I don’t smoke but I do drink occasionally with friends or at parties. He looked at her in askance.

Neither. She said concentrating on the road ahead.

"Tea/Coffee" Tea she said and coffee he said. 

"Chocolate/Vanilla" Chocolate it is she said and he agreed.

"Aloo/Gobi Parata" Aloo she said. Gobi he said.

The discussion went about colours, countries, various food, places etc. They fought strongly for their choices sometimes but they seem to match mostly.

"We're here..." Heer announced as they reached the destination. Prem didn't realise how time flew. As they decided to trek along the national park, they continued their game.

Another week passed and Prem was standing at the door with his packed bags. It felt like two weeks passed in a blink of eye. He wanted to leave a note for her but couldn't get to write anything. 

After thinking for a minute, he scribbled down

"Bye Heer. Thanks for everything!". He stood near the lift and sighed. A part of him didn't want to leave but Preet was waiting downstairs.

Heer woke up with a huge headache. She saw the time and rushed to get ready. As she came out, she kept calling Prem. She went to check his room and found it empty. It was then she recalled that Preet might have come to pick him up.

She felt sad that he left without informing her but as she went to the kitchen, she found some aloo paratha with a note sticking under the plate.

"Bye Heer. Thanks for everything!" She just stared at the plate of food and took a bite.

xxxx

Nice update. So Prem came to Heer's office to take her to dinner...woww good going. Really like the game between PH in the car. 

Ahh this rishabh...hope he doesn't create any problem.

Sunzz.Harshiti thumbnail

4. The Kiss

xxEarlierxx

Heer was at work trying to investigate an issue when her mobile kept buzzing. It was message from Prem.

"Lunch/Dinner?" He asked.

Dinner she said as there was no way she can step out of work now.

"Biryani/Pulao" He asked.

"Biryani any day" She replied.

After few other questions, "Beer/Cider" Cider she sent and then cursed herself

"Haha!! caught you" Prem replied.

He's been trying to do pub crawling with her but she kept declining and now he won't leave her alone she thought. She turned off her mobile as she wasn't progressing much at work and decided to focus.

She was running late. Prem will be home anytime and there's no dinner. Heer thought she'll quickly order something but opened her door lock to sense the aromatic smell of biryani overpowering the room.

"Surprise" Prem said as he pointed to the dining table.

"Where did you order this from?" Heer was taking in the fragrance of the biryani as she opened the casserole.

"Oh hello.. I made this for you. I was home early so thought I'll cook." He was angry. He was leaving tomorrow and wanted to do something for Heer. 

Heer noticed him sulking. 

"Sorry and thanks" She gave him a goofy smile which seemed to do its job. 

As she settled to serve herself, he pulled her away saying no.

There is something to do before you eat he said and took out the bottle hiding in the shelf. 

"Prem" She chided. 

"Oh pleaseee Heer... don't be so naive.. I've been here for two weeks now, I do notice things." He said as he found it in one of the cupboards few days earlier but didn't understand why she would lie to him.

"That's for when Meher is here" She said. Meher loved wine but she hates it so when trying different things to give company to Meher, they seemed to have settled for this fruit cider.

"Fine.. biryani first!!" She said as he was pleading her and served herself some.

"Wow.. prem you're a great chef!!" Heer praised him as she served herself seconds.

"Leave some for me as well" Prem joined her. By now he knew if she likes something there'll be hardly anything left of it so he quickly served himself. Admiring himself for a job well done, he let Heer know Preet will pick him up tomorrow morning.

As they settled down on the couch, Prem handed her the bottle and said "Cheers" 

She gave in and he handed her the remote as well as it was her turn to pick a movie. She was about to select, when he said "Lets go for a walk instead" 

Heer agreed as she recalled how she gobbled more than half of biryani he made.

They settled down on a bench as they could see the sun set, thanks to the long summer days. Heer realised they have come quite far from home.

"I'm going to have a headache tomorrow" She said as she stared at the empty bottle in her hand.

"Relax Heer that has got like less than 4%, it wouldn't be bad" Prem assured her but she knew that it wsd not the case. The main reason she stayed away from it is because she always had this sensation that she'll faint."

As they started to walk back, he told her he's taking a flight next Saturday after staying with Preet for few days. Heer felt his arm around her.

"I'm going to miss you Heer" He said as he pulled her into a side hug. 

She didn't know what happened to her next but could be the cool breeze or the moonlight or the surroundings, she pulled him closer and kissed him with all her might. 

Realising what she did, she immediately ran away upstairs to her apartment. Prem stood there for a moment unsure of what happened and then followed her.

When he entered the apartment, he could see her room door was locked and she was nowhere to be seen, so he left to his room. 

Next morning he woke up to the sound of his mobile. It was Preet, who informed him he'll be there in half an hour. He freshened up and packed his bags. He thought she might not have woken up yet so he took out the parathas he made yesterday to surprise her for breakfast and heated them up. 

There was no sign of her yet and he thought she might be avoiding him. So, he left her a note and asked Preet not to come up as Heer is still sleeping.

Heer didn't know what happened to her last night. She could blame it on weather, alcohol etc etc but deep down she knew she had some feelings for him. She did like him the first time she saw his picture and when she saw in person, she was completely smitten but didn't want to admit it to herself. 

She did have quite a few crushes growing up but she never approached anyone. He seems to be different. Did she have deeper feelings for him?

Anyone around? I can do with some feedback... 😳

Woww wowww Heer kissed Prem☺️wonder when he will kiss her. BTW just loved how Prem made dinner for Heer and their little moment while eating. But seemed Heer couldn't remember anything. Now what will happen??? Heer definitely fell in love but what about Prem? He liked her but love???