Posted: 3 years ago

Kedarnath - Watched this on TV today. Finally a movie of recent times that I liked. Sara was really natural and had so much screen presence. Sara/Sushant made a nice pairing. The movie was shot beautifully, and the story was decent as well. I liked the length of the film.. it was just nice. All in all, a very good one-time watch. 

Originally posted by RegressiveThug

100: Tamil Movie 2019.

Another generic suspence thriller, which lost its steam due to too many twists and turns. While it isn't a bad watch, good for one time, but not much worth noting.

Have you watched Kaithi, it's a masala movie which is being re-made by Ajay Devgan in the lead.

Also if you liked Thadam, watch Thegdi ( Tamil) and Hit ( Telugu)

Portrait of a Lady on Fire

A good movie. Technically sound with a lot of symbolism. Probably overrated a bit. 

Panchayat

A simple, well written, slice of life narrative. Pure joy to experience. 

Scoob!

An origin story that misses its mark. 

https://www.returntohades.com/2020/05/31/reviews-musings-053120/

Originally posted by tina59

Have you watched Kaithi, it's a masala movie which is being re-made by Ajay Devgan in the lead.

Also if you liked Thadam, watch Thegdi ( Tamil) and Hit ( Telugu)

Thadam and Hit I have watched and enjoyed both.

Haven't seen Kaithi or Thegdi though.

Transplant

A Canadian show about Syrian Refugee Doctor who runs away to Canada and gets a job at hospital and his struggles on the job. He has PTSD and has to deal with that as well.

All episodes were great to watch... although focus is on Syrian doctor but every other character on the show has got a storyline. I love Dr. Mags Leblanc workoholic character.One thing for sure it seems more realistic compared to many US medical shows.

Only negative is the melodrama and certain side stories. To some extent that Syrian doc as well. 

Kuttram23, an generic suspence thriller fair, which lacked a creditable villain. Although the movie has its moments, but the lack of character development makes it not so much worth remembering. But Arun and Tambhi have done a good job.

Thiruttu Payale 2: A decent cybercrime thriller, although there were not much thrill in the movie tbh. Although Bobby, Amala and especially Prasanna did a decent job.

Edited by RegressiveThug - 3 years ago

Before I Go To Sleep:

Awesome movie. Thrilling. An amnesiac woman tries to find what her life is actually, all she has a few glimpses of the accident & what her husband says. Nicole is amazing as usual 👏

Nocturnal Animals:

Pretty good. An woman receives a book written by her ex husband, she starts reading & stories unfold. The ending is confusing. The writer left it to viewers to assume what happened next. I love Amy. Loved her in this movie too👍🏼

August 14:

Its web series actually. I watched it as 3+ hours file so it seemed a movie to me! Its based on a real life crime happened in Bangladesh years back. A teenage girl killed her parents & surrendered to police after that. Thrilling. Good one⭐️

Definitely, Maybe:

Super awesome movie. I was searching for father- daughter bonding movies & this one caught my attention because of a quote I read many years ago in a fb page. Very good movie

Originally posted by return_to_hades

The Half Of It

One of the best films to see this quarantine. A beautiful story of friendship, love, and coming of age. 

More: https://www.returntohades.com/2020/05/16/reviews-musings-051620/

A lesbian Cyrano. I liked the trailer, might watch it someday. Thanks for the review.

Little Women 2019

This one is more from Amy's perspective.

Eh. Wasn't bad. 

Swami (1977)

RIP Basu Chatterjee.😭

This movie is absolutely beautiful. Too bad its remakes like Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam became so famous while this movie is not remembered by much. This film really tells the story well, and makes you understand love, devotion and karma, something which HDDCS failed to do.

Shabana Azmi & Vikram have this innocent, sweet chemistry but with Girish Karnad, she learns to love and learns what responsibility is. GREAT MOVIE, with great dialogues, and beautiful songs. Very crisp & to the point acting without much melodrama.

Especially love this song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVgYYgZ51ps