Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 3 years ago

The Half Of It

One of the best films to see this quarantine. A beautiful story of friendship, love, and coming of age. 

Extraction 

Thor rescues the kidnapped son of a drug lord in South Asia. That the movie. No more. No less. 

More: https://www.returntohades.com/2020/05/16/reviews-musings-051620/

DanceUntilWeDie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

The Half Of It

One of the best films to see this quarantine. A beautiful story of friendship, love, and coming of age. 

Extraction 

Thor rescues the kidnapped son of a drug lord in South Asia. That the movie. No more. No less. 

More: https://www.returntohades.com/2020/05/16/reviews-musings-051620/

Have to watch Half of it.

Things I saw.

Loved

Lucifer

The Good Place

Sex education

Money heist

Panchayat

Rajesh8512952 thumbnail

Recently, I watched a new romantic thriller film Bamfaad on ZEE5, Starring Aditya Rawal, Shalini Pandey, Vijay Varma, and Jatin Sarna. The story revolves around the Naate aka Nasir Jamal is a 'bamfaad launda' who knows no fear. He lives for his friends and can do anything for them, even take a 'panga'. When he meets the 'bamfaad' Neelam, sparks fly. But of course, she has some history and a past. Everything boils down to Jigar Fareedi, played by Vijay Varma, who plots with Naate's friend Zahid, played by Jatin Sarna, to get him out of the way. So expect fights, dialogue baazi, Pyaar Mohabbat, and even dhokha.

Maroonporsche thumbnail
Swetha-Sai thumbnail

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Finally How to Get Away with Murder show ended.

I think 4-5 people died in finale. smiley29 Lost count. 

If you ever decide to watch this show prefer initial 3-4 seasons that was when it was at peak and sumwhat made sense. After that downhill especially last season when they went bonkers completely. 

Shonda Rimes turns out to be Ekta Kapoor of West. Twist ke naam pe Incest le aaye aur grown up ko kid bhi bana diya... who almost look like of same age of parents. smiley23 Kuch bhi.

Its rated 8.1 on Imdb. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

I have watched only S1, S2 and S3 of HTGAWM. 

@bold red

Who all died? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ The only death I know is of Sam  and Wes. I lost interest in the show after Wes died. 

@bold black

Incest? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Which relationship turned into incest? ๐Ÿค” You seemed so much pissed off.  

What exactly happened in the show that you call Shonda as Ekta  K? ๐Ÿ˜•

Edited by Swetha-Sai - 3 years ago
BinKuchKahe. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Mr India

Watched this movie after 20+ years and damn this show has not aged well. Other than Anil Kapoor and Sri Devi's scenes with the kids in the beginning, the rest of the movie was so difficult to get through.

Cat on A Hot Tin Roof 

Boy, what do I say about this movie. It's one movie where the entire ensemble, the entire cast just had so much synergy and acted well together. Effortless. Iconic movie.

P.S  How stunning was Elizabeth Taylor

Kashish

I'm pretty sure this show had the first brooding male lead of ITV. Loved it. Short, simple, to the point. Also, leads had a lot of chemistry. Maybe the only disappointment was the ending which left me wanting for some romance. Nonetheless, classy show! A nice watch! Better than all the shitty love stories churned out today which are dragged to no end.

How is it that ITV shows back then were way more modern than shows of today? From the way they dress, to the way they speak.. why are we regressing instead of progressing?๐Ÿ˜ก

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Swetha-Sai

I have watched only S1, S2 and S3 of HTGAWM. 

@bold red

Who all died? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ The only death I know is of Sam  and Wes. I lost interest in the show after Wes died. 

@bold black

Incest? ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Which relationship turned into incest? ๐Ÿค” You seemed so much pissed off.  

What exactly happened in the show that you call Shonda as Ekta  K? ๐Ÿ˜•

First three seasons were probably the best. You exited show at the peak!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

For the red and black parts. should i mention them or will they be spoilers if one day you or someone want to watch the rest of the show. ๐Ÿค“ Just for a clue who ever was close to Annalise had a hard fate. 

Overall, both who were in incest and their illegitimate "grown-up" child died (he looked of same age as their parents)๐Ÿ˜†

In final season (this wont be a spoiler) entire season she kept on showing Wes here and there to make us believe as if Wes is alive.(typical ekta-type) In end turned out those clips were from future and Wes kid grows up looking like Wes. ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Why i compared to Ekta was because of illogical twists by stretching it for so long. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Never Have I Ever

It has some flaws. But its also relatable AF for some in the diaspora. 

https://www.returntohades.com/2020/05/23/reviews-musings-052320/

Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6

Thappad 

This movie confused me.... sometimes I felt Taapsees character is overreacting and sometimes I felt she was right. Sometimes I thought the slap was wrong but it wasnโ€™t such a  big deal..... and sometimes I felt that no it was wrong and she should leave her husband. So very conflicted. The movie itself is good but I wouldnโ€™t say itโ€™s wow or a must watch 

Malang 

Malang is proof that a movie can be boring and suspenseful at the same time.... very weird movie. Iโ€™m still not sure if I liked or not. Disha is very bland and annoying. Some of the โ€œsuspenseโ€ twists did not really shock me...... 

Aditya looked fricking sexy though. My god. Eyes glued to him the entire time. The body,

hair , smile ....feeling tingly..... the scenes where he has a beard ufff..... the way he takes his shirt off... kill me now ..... he needs to find me and destroy me. Iโ€™d literally do anything to sleep with him 

Edited by Shaitan-Haiwan - 3 years ago
capricornrcks thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Parinda: I'm not a fan of gangster movies but this one left me wow. For once it didn't try to whitewash the gangster brother by setting limits on his misdeeds. Jackie's intentions were noble. But he didn't hesitate from doing everything his boss asked - from selling drugs to pimping girls. And Anil Kapoor's disillusionment once he confronts his brother and learns on his own how corrupt the system can be before choosing his own path of vengeance. Executed wonderfully with a powerful and unexpected climax. And Nana Patekar. The man is like a firecracker going off unexpectedly. You don't know from one minute to another whether he's sane or not.Madhuri looks so young and vulnerable here.