Be honest: is SRK/Kajol being the best Jodi overrated claim

DavidBowieGirl thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

I have heard that SRK and Kajol are the best or one of the best jodi of Bollywood's history. But I wanted to know from you guys if that claim is overrated or over exaggerated. Is their supposed chemistry really that strong compared to other jodis in Bollywood's history or is it really due to the movies more then the pair or are they just simply overhyped? Thoughts?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TrustNo1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Not overrated. I haven't watched dilwale but they always looked very natural as a couple whether its on screen or off screen. 

Nishita123 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 5

Yes overrated. Instead SRK Juhi made a good pair and have very natural chemistry. 

RheaSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Not overrated but their time is over, the failure of DILWALE has proved it.

Every generation of movies have their set of favourite jodis...Raj Kapoor Nargis, Dharmendra Hema and Srk - Kajol

but u can't expect the current generation to like them as their generation did, you can even check out some videos on YT where the young generation has called 'DDLJ' overrated. 

so its basically that. 

FilmiDhun thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 6

Only because a movie  failed l, we cannot call a Jodi overrated. Jodis are judged on chemistry. And srk/kajol always had a very natural chemistry and look very compatible on screen.

But yeah, claims  that they are the best Jodi in comparison to other pairings are wrong and upto personal preferences. Many people might like Sri better with Juhi/Rani and kajol with someone else. I think Srk/kajol get that reputation because their first films together were bug blockbusters.

desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Overrated to the core... they have good chemistry but not the best pair... agree with Nishi , SRK and Juhi was pure love... best Jodi...

Edited by desicrowd - 4 years ago
YeojaNextDoor thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

No. There are actual fans of their jodi and in big numbers. I have seen real people calling them the best jodi in BW. So its not just a claim.. they really have amazing natural chemistry onscreen and a wonderful camaraderie offscreen. ðŸ˜Š

But yes their time is over now in the sense that their jodi alone can't bring audience to theatres in large numbers now like in the past. But  they will always remain an iconic jodi. 

opsora2090 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

BW will never ever find a natural , amazing onscreen iconic couple like SRK/KAJOL .

Edited by opsora2090 - 4 years ago
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Unpopular opinion but I like Salman-Madhuri in HAHK more than SRK-Kajol or Salman-Aishwarya. 

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

I like Aamir and Juhi Jodi better than SRK/Kajol and SRK/Juhi