Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sumita18 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

@IFlLove

Kabir is injured ..I never felt he is injured because he did not look like ..??  

I respect your pov about KK Angle and but Its not my cup of tea..like many do not like Jhanvi -dhruv ..even i m not a fan of Jhanvi _Dhruv ... we have choice to like or dislike and give our views witohut disrespect or insulting ..My logic can be different from others  ..No one can force what we should or should not like ..I guess its simple ...

I like kabir as a character ...and would love to see more of Kabir ...this show is not about couples at all for me ...

PS- Yes 99 diya plus adding her right hand to make it 100 is indeed Over Dramatic ..Plus When Kavya did not knwo about Vyom being Gaddar , makers never bother to show her loss , emotioanl side of last 5 yrs ...anyways ..Its all writerd fault ..

You are atleast sensible member so we can have discussion here without disrespecting each other :) 

Edited by Sumita18 - 4 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

They haven't shown how long Kabir-Kavya have been married. Which i think is a mistake. Makers should rectify that by some flashbacks. 

I don't know about others. My problem is that Kavya doesn't seem to have a personality. 

In the first few weeks I actually liked her, found her reasonable. 

But there hasn't been anything else since then. 

Like Kavya is a super-mom, a super-bahu, a super-wife. And that is okay, because all tellywood heroines are like that.

But that part usually comes later. In most shows, they develop the female character's individual personality first. Like even if its something silly like 'bubbly girl' or something good like Avni's layered personality. 

Why should I, as an audience get invested in her character? I am not ranting here, I am genuinely asking this question. 

If Kavya is the positive lead of the show, then the writers have to give me something to root for her. I cannot root for her because she is the mahaan bahu of the show. 

For example, I rooted for Avni because she was a fighter. Or I like Jahnvi because she is badass. Even in a Gul show like QH, I rooted for Zoya because she was progressive and took a stand against the hero's orthodox attitude. 

I need something to get attached to the character. Some personality trait. 

At this point, Ishani and Chaachi have more defined character traits than Kavya. I know Ishani is bratty, immature, maybe even selfish. Chaachi is loud, dramatic, obsessed with Bollywood, and quite annoying. Heck even Manohar has more defined character, that he's creepy, for instance. 

But what do I know about Kavya? Absolutely nothing. Thats at least my issue, that I am being given no reason to take any interest in her character. 

IFLove thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Sumita18

@IFlLove

Kabir is injured ..I never felt he is injured because he did not look like ..??  

I respect your pov about KK Angle and but Its not my cup of tea..like many do not like Jhanvi -dhruv ..even i m not a fan of Jhanvi _Dhruv ... we have choice to like or dislike and give our views witohut disrespect or insulting ..My logic can be different from others  ..No one can force what we should or should not like ..I guess its simple ...

I like kabir as a character ...and would love to see more of Kabir ...this show is not about couples at all for me ...

PS- Yes 99 diya plus adding her right hand to make it 100 is indeed Over Dramatic ..Plus When Kavya did not knwo about Vyom being Gaddar , makers never bother to show her loss , emotioanl side of last 5 yrs ...anyways ..Its all writerd fault ..

You are atleast sensible member so we can have discussion here without disrespecting each other :) 

No I never forced u to accept my opinion. It happens with me many times that I read someone else's view n I understand things better n I also change my opinion. So I said that. But if u r not convinced, alright.

N it was my genuine question, I seriously don't know how long has it been since vyom died. I m under an impression that some time has already passed. Correct me if I m wrong. N about Kavya not showing her grief, isn't it awkward to show her talking about her ex husband with her current husband? This might have made their future scenes more awkward n unacceptable by viewers. This is at least my experience. In Bepannaah, they had shown adi-pooja's scenes in that bedroom n later I was not comfortable seeing adi-zoya in the same room, I badly wanted that room to be renovated or something. So they might have this fear that if they show her grieving about her ex husband, audience may not accept her loving her current husband. So they have kept that grief limited. She cried remembering their suhaagraat. She was silent in the whole first week. She remembered vyom thinking he should get a medal n she was super proud. So they showed such subtle scenes without making it too obvious so that they can show her new life.

About kabir's injury, now idk how severe it isπŸ˜‚ but he said so, that's all.

And I m liking this show because it is a mixture of everything. Jhanvi's revenge, KK's love story, Arush's innocence, PK's comical inhumanity n I want this to continue. I wouldn't like if a single thing is missed. Honestly, I m bored of jhanvi's revenge currently. There's nothing new about it. Frankly I m not really fond of childhood trauma revenge stories because I can't connect. If the trauma is continued since childhood, it's understandable to take a revenge when u r old. But things happen when u r 7-8 year old, u grow up n then u take revenge is not digestible for me. I don't remember faces or identities of those people who were there in my life when I was 7 year oldπŸ˜‚ I can explain the difference with example. In beyhadh, Maya had a torturous childhood n she grew up with the same torture until she killed her father. So I could understand her revenge because she was constantly experiencing the trauma. But in case of jhanvi, I don't understand...she was max 10 years old...I wonder how even her brain remembers anything. But ok, I have given creative liberty to the makers n I m watching it because shrenu is very convincing. So until jhanvi's revenge doesn't take some dramatic turn, I m watching this show for other things in it.

SRKisLove thumbnail

I don't think Jahnvi's revenge is only because of what happened to her when she was ten.

I mean her father was murdered. Its obvious she would take revenge. πŸ˜†

And she lost everything. Her Dad, her home, her life. Its not about what she remembers or not, its about injustice and wrong as well. 

Aise toh kids whose parents are murdered young, or who witness their parents murder in childhood, should not fight for justice in courts, because they don't remember their parents, so they don't care whether the murderer is in prison, or goes scot free. Criminal justice system will go to drain then, especially since it takes 20 years for courts to give verdict in India.πŸ˜†

Of course, Jahnvi has no proof, so no point going to courts. She is going to serve justice her own way. But I agree that the pace of her revenge story has slowed down. 

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago
Sumita18 thumbnail

@IFlLove 

Making Kabir injured and not even showing it to the audience . how stupid ..πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

another thing today its all about Jhanvi Jaap by Kavya ..Not bothered about Arush ,Kabir , Suman but she accompany PK and Dhruv to find out Jhanvi πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ 

Makers need to focus on other characters to make little bit convincing , writers are not putting extra effort on Kabir ..I want Kabir to be strong rather than using him for Love Story ..

Anyways nice chatting with you ...πŸ€—

Sumita18 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SRKisLove

I don't think Jahnvi's revenge is only because of what happened to her when she was ten.

I mean her father was murdered. Its obvious she would take revenge. πŸ˜†

And she lost everything. Her Dad, her home, her life. Its not about what she remembers or not, its about injustice and wrong as well. 

Aise toh kids who parents are murdered young, should not fight for justice in courts, because they don't remember their parents, so they don't care whether the murderer is in prison, or goes scot free. Criminal justice system will go to drain then, especially since it takes 20 years for courts to give verdict in India.πŸ˜†

Of course, Jahnvi has no proof, so no point going to courts. She is going to serve justice her own way. But I agree that the pace of her revenge story has slowed down

Not only murdered ..PK betrayed Jhanvi father, Used his medicine forumula , trapped him in wrong case , ruined his reputation and murdred him ..IS IT THAT SMALL ???

Pace has slowed down to make other characters fit in the story... 

IFLove thumbnail

They haven't shown how long Kabir-Kavya have been married. Which i think is a mistake. Makers should rectify that by some flashbacks. 

I don't know about others. My problem is that Kavya doesn't seem to have a personality. 

In the first few weeks I actually liked her, found her reasonable. 

But there hasn't been anything else since then. 

Like Kavya is a super-mom, a super-bahu, a super-wife. And that is okay, because all tellywood heroines are like that.

But that part usually comes later. In most shows, they develop the female character's individual personality first. Like even if its something silly like 'bubbly girl' or something good like Avni's layered personality. 

Why should I, as an audience get invested in her character? I am not ranting here, I am genuinely asking this question. 

If Kavya is the positive lead of the show, then the writers have to give me something to root for her. I cannot root for her because she is the mahaan bahu of the show. 

For example, I rooted for Avni because she was a fighter. Or I like Jahnvi because she is badass. Even in a Gul show like QH, I rooted for Zoya because she was progressive and took a stand against the hero's orthodox attitude. 

I need something to get attached to the character. Some personality trait. 

At this point, Ishani and Chaachi have more defined character traits than Kavya. I know Ishani is bratty, immature, maybe even selfish. Chaachi is loud, dramatic, obsessed with Bollywood, and quite annoying. Heck even Manohar has more defined character, that he's creepy, for instance. 

But what do I know about Kavya? Absolutely nothing. Thats at least my issue, that I am being given no reason to take any interest in her character. 

This is better reason to dislike herπŸ˜‚

Umm her personality trait is, she is a homely lady who has been craving for the love of a family because she has had none in the past. She has her thinking abilities, that's y she doubted jhanvi, but again like every other newly married lady, she can't easily doubt someone whom her family trusts so much. She is respectful towards others. She is ready help those who r in need (jhanvi or Suman). She is grateful for whatever anybody does for her (jhanvi or Kabir). Even if she is a goody goody person, she doesn't think twice before taking a stand for self. She took a stand as a mother when Ishani pushed arush in pool n as a wife when PK badmouthed Kabir. Initially she couldn't take a stand for herself because she was new in the family n she was burdened by kabir's favours of accepting her along with her kid n giving them shelter, so she didn't go against his family. Once she creates her own space in the family, she will take a stand for herself as well. It is difficult to understand such subtle characters, I known...they r not on Ur face, u have to read between the lines to understand their traits. Adding to these, I also admire for the courage she has shown to move on in her life after her husband's death. Only standing on Ur own feet isn't being strong. Being able to give a place of Ur loved one to someone else as a compromise, trying to accept this compromise as Ur life n happily adapting to it, not letting the wounds of Ur past affect Ur present also takes a huge huge mental strength. N for this, I m liking Kavya. Subtlety n strength is her character for me.

IFLove thumbnail

I don't mean jhanvi shouldn't seek justice for her father. What I mean to say is I don't understand if a 10 year old even understand what is medicine formula? If it was a fault of her father or PK? It is just like he was my father n he can't be wrong. Every kid feels this for its parents. That is understandable. But what bothers me is does a 10 year old really have this revenge mentality? He can think of seeking justice in the court, but revenge? I haven't seen in real life a 10 year old having so much understanding. N if it really can, this is dangerous for the mental health of that kid as well. After the whole revenge drama is done, I would like to have jhanvi take some psychiatric sessions as well, her mental health definitely needs it after all the negativity since childhood. I can't forget that rage in Avni's fire when she went to kill dayawanti Mehta after discovering about her father's murder n then Neil takes her in his tightest embrace to calm her down...such calm down is badly needed for jhanvi as well.

SRKisLove thumbnail

Originally posted by: IFLove

I don't mean jhanvi shouldn't seek justice for her father. What I mean to say is I don't understand if a 10 year old even understand what is medicine formula? If it was a fault of her father or PK? It is just like he was my father n he can't be wrong. Every kid feels this for its parents. That is understandable. But what bothers me is does a 10 year old really have this revenge mentality? He can think of seeking justice in the court, but revenge? I haven't seen in real life a 10 year old having so much understanding. N if it really can, this is dangerous for the mental health of that kid as well. After the whole revenge drama is done, I would like to have jhanvi take some psychiatric sessions as well, her mental health definitely needs it after all the negativity since childhood. I can't forget that rage in Avni's fire when she went to kill dayawanti Mehta after discovering about her father's murder n then Neil takes her in his tightest embrace to calm her down...such calm down is badly needed for jhanvi as well.

Avni was the positive lead of the show, tho. Jahnvi is slightly cracked. At least that's what they showed in the promo. I dunno whether there is any redemption for her in the end  of the show. As for Kavya, I mean, why should I like her? Because she is a good girl? What are her other qualities? Is she funny, smart, naughty, bold, sarcastic, snark, soulful?????? What exactly? She is dignified and observant, yes. But who is she as a person? Who is Kavya, irrespective of her bonds in the show? I can't like Kavya only because she is paired opposite Kabir, and she is the positive leaf of the show. Those are not enough for me. At least, for me in a romance both ml and fl need to have some character. Even if it's something as cliche as AYM and bubbly girl, at least give me that much. I have nothing to go on here. Just for Kabir/Zain, I can't accept the romance. Writers need to write Kavyas character fully.

Edited by SRKisLove - 4 years ago
IFLove thumbnail

Avni was the positive lead of the show, tho. Jahnvi is slightly cracked. At least that's what they showed in the promo. I dunno whether there is any redemption for her in the end  of the show.As for Kavya, I mean, why should I like her? Because she is a good girl? What are her other qualities? Is she funny, smart, naughty, bold, sarcastic, snark, soulful?????? What exactly? She is dignified and observant, yes. But who is she as a person? Who is Kavya, irrespective of her bonds in the show?

So u mean jhanvi will end up in jail or something at the end of the show? If she doesn't, n she succeeds with her justice, whoever she is left with at he end as her own people, should give her some therapy. She is a grey character, after comple her agenda, she'll be a positive character too who deserves all the love n care

As for kavya, I would say she is one real character. In real life, we can't define a person, we behave or react the way situation demands. Kavya is like that. These character sketches are only for fictional characters. N we r so used to such defined characters, that we don't understand the characters that r simple and random. At times people like someone just for their ability to spread love n no other quality. Only thing we need to do for Kavya is we should understand that there r some people for whom their love for the family is their identity, their caring nature is their trait. We often discredit that calling it something mahaan or typical bahu or something. Until they don't really show her mahaan, always sacrificing for others, forgiving the wrong doers, I'll like her for the simple loving person she is.

Anyways, it's ok if u don't like herπŸ˜‚ let's hope they give u more reasons to like her in future.

Edited by IFLove - 4 years ago