The destruction of Kartik Goenkas ego

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Hi all, its been a while. 

Hope you all are well. 

I have taken a break from the show and then came back and was catching up hearing little rumors of a new leap did not excite me it just made me wonder how are they showing kartik insecure as its something my inner shade queen always wanted to see. Was the destruction of kartik's ego. 

I feel for the first time rather than acting like a moral paragon of justice and goodness and someone who dishes out moral science lectures, Kartik is behaving like a normal dude. 

But sure it goes against his perfect pati persona. But I feel with all of the figurative kicks his ego has gotten it has shown an immensely believable plight. 

He loves naira but there is no ambition or care for anything in his life besides her. 

He lacks focus and drive. 

And for them to introduce someone like Mihir kapoor it was sheer genius. Mihir is everything Kartik isnt much like that dude who was into akshara years ago(who was polar opposite of Naitik). 

Mihir is a successful businessmen man who has focus and is driven. He gained the respect of Kartik's family, and even has Naira singing his praises constantly how is kartik to compete with that. 

Kartik's ego firstly took massive bruising when naira out shone him after one souk magically. (I wish all of our careers magically shot off like this) In the situation in which he should have saved the company naira did. She also earned respect he sort of lost from his father on the business side. Naira being drawn to Mihir and oblivious to kartik's plight is hilarius to me its like the blood cloth really damaged her brain. She never noticed any of kartik's emotions in this second vivaah. And is blissfully ignorant most of the time. In his ploys of being the perfect pati thinking naira would always remain like him only focused on him and nothing else was hilarious to watch. As she found something else she wanted that did not involve him.

Kartik's ego took a second hit when naira went to Mihir rather than him. That's when his insecurity took a new height. He cannot stand naira not wanting/needing him. It kills him. 

Mihir for me is definitely evil because i dont think they can justify kartik's uncharacteristic behavior other wise ...like this perfect pati would never doubt naira right...hence its comical to see them hint at that... 

Matali's entrance made me laugh, if u think ur man is cheating on u drop him ms successful lawyer i feel like her presence is a stage to manipulate poor kartik. Trust me part of me always wanted to see kartik fall from grace but momo is so cute and seeing him so well bichara types in the show is sad.

The third hit for him was seeing mihir save naira when he was on that floor watching helplessly. For me that scene was it. It was as far as i got with the track ...but what a scene...Seeing perfect pati crumble.... U could see his self confidence has been knocked out of him. 

I am not pissed with dadi after one scene because i feel like despite her being the bat in this show...the one scene where she said naira should get pregnant was legit in kartik's best interest because we all know, he cant handle life on earth without naira... and to some extent she knew what would happen. Kartik has all to lose and naira nothing. She can walk away comfortably and move on. While kartik cant because he has nothing in life besides naira....

Why the next track excites me sure its a dumb idea of another leap but i want to see how does kartik cope with life without naira this time. 

I have not watched further to see how much more ego slams he has been gifted by the more talented better dressed Mihir...

Also my dear naira u have 30 engagement rings why did u write his name on ur hand... 

just pull one out ur cupboard...

Kartik accusing naira of cheating for me doesnt phase me because he has descended out of perfect pati persona....He is no longer the man he once was and this carefully thought destruction of his ego written all leads up to him accusing naira...

And for naira to just walk away for me doesnt make her an innocent little dove shes an idiot. She causes all her problems by lying and forgetting to tell kartik shit ONCE again. And deserves my wrath. 

Kartik is broken hence i am not mad at him for once. 

Excited for the leap kind of...Dont want no kids, maybe naira could have left not knowing they thought she was dead and be living somewhere as a dance teacher please end her career as a designer doesnt suit her

Kartik as per hints in the show could have left the house and opened his own company and became someone like Mihir who has no time for family or any of that bullshit. Because it reminds him too much of her and its his only way to survive he doesnt go home constantly stays at hotels...

also i dont think 5 years later is a good idea do 3 months later or something...is better or 6 at most... 

dont age shivin before their time

Edited by AnyaRSingh - 4 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CaptiveFreedom thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

For me him doubting her character...considering her having an extra marital affair is not as casual as it appears...what Kartik is experiencing are all human emotions...Mohsin's portrayal make Kartik lot more convincing than he actually is....why can't he confront her for her lies instead of questioning her love for him?...Naira the dumbo will not reveal about her pregnancy before confirmation....Is she same Naira who told him about tadpole and tadpoli during false alarm track without any confirmation?...Is she same Naira who forced him to plan a baby?....during actual pregnancy track she had a reason not to tell him directly as he was more concerned about her health.. "God forbid even if you were pregnant...I won't want us to continue with ur pregnancy"...still she tried to inform him indirect ways...this time Naira  will wait for confirmation before informing Kartik so they can force single mother track repeated for nth time post leap...

AnyaRSingh thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CaptiveFreedom

For me him doubting her character...considering her having an extra marital affair is not as casual as it appears...what Kartik is experiencing are all human emotions...Mohsin's portrayal make Kartik lot more convincing than he actually is....why can't he confront her for her lies instead of questioning her love for him?...Naira the dumbo will not reveal about her pregnancy before confirmation....Is she same Naira who told him about tadpole and tadpoli during false alarm track without any confirmation?...Is she same Naira who forced him to plan a baby?....during actual pregnancy track she had a reason not to tell him directly as he was more concerned about her health.. "God forbid even if you were pregnant...I won't want us to continue with ur pregnancy"...still she tried to inform him indirect ways...this time Naira  will wait for confirmation before informing Kartik so they can force single mother track repeated for nth time post leap...

Things i have found wrong with Naira are by no means sexist or whatever but i think that in earning herself a career she has become sort of power hungry...In a way she wants to problem solve and remain everyone's dadi ama not tell kartik anything, not even notice the emotional turmoil he is in. All she cares about is designing randomly for me it goes against her character because shes this wishy washy family orientated little bird... 

I have no problems with her working. But the conditions she is working in for me is garbage. Mihir is uber professional like really writers an ubber professional dude has meetings on a sunday calls his employees in at any random time of the day on their weekends off and demands they meet clients which clients meet on a damn sunday?

Now about naira being pregnant and hiding it and going to the doctor to surprise kartik...all the while kartik has been lied to so much how is he suppose to take her seriously 

I am sorry but this is it. They shouldnt be together...

Kartik needs to find himself. He lost his identity in his love for naira. 

He has no likes, no life, no nothing besides naira. Sure i love how obsessive he is. But it honestly makes me sad. 

Naira on the other hand should just live on her own. +_+ because shes pathetic. All she does is either cry, or save the day.

I am tired of such unrealistic characters make them real. 

Kartik is very real in this track. Anyone would break on much less. 

But now in the end i dont want mushy apologies +_+ etc... 

and now with a kid in the mix i dont know how much more toxic things will become

Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

As usual ur updates arw fantastic dear...abs spot on..

I feel the way this misunderstanding was executed was in a more mythological show way..someone saw someone coming out of someones room and how will the girl and boy prove that nothing happened ? Kartiks "were you there in that room"? Must have hurted naira deep down ..kartik tried a lot to not doubt on her but there were some facts in front of him, some lies and some.hidden stuff ..still..where was the trust? I believe it was there but it wad just a weak moment for which he will repent . When will naira stop hiding stuff and stop lying ? There is a limit to it..no communication = no trust. 

But as i said , this time they did a good job with the track set up and execution and the impeding leap..every leap ends with someone dying . Akshara , suvarnas son Nd now naira ..of course she must be alive somewhere ..but its good they did a good job..keeping the interest alive .