Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samyuktha123 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Thanks for the lovely OS. 

When I wrote that line didn't think that it will take us to Mishbir's children imagination. I just like that wrote that line 😁

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Missing your stories 

Plz update them soon 

Anuka3 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Awwwwwww this melted my heart. Abir and Mishti as Mama Papa. I can imagine their little girl being just as cute as their parents. This story brought a huge smile to my face. 

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

*#* 5. Camping with Abir - a MishBir OS *#*

"They are all set" Abir announced as he plopped down next to her after returning from setting up tents for their co-passengers  

She threw him a look out of the corner of her eye, "hurrah" she muttered, uninterested. Frowning she plucked the grass near her feet - she couldn't believe all her plans had gone kaput. Tomorrow was such a special day. And she had planned everything. They were supposed to be in Kutch by now. The place where they had first met. But their bus had broken down, yes bus, because that was part of the plan too. 

Yayyyy Mishti, brilliant!! 

As if reading her mind, "It's ok" he said reassuringly, throwing a hand around her shoulders. 

That did it. She shrugged his hand off and whirled around to face him, " no it's not. It's not okay, Abir" she cried, tears welling up in her eyes, "it's your birthday!" She cried, getting up. He gave her the look he always gave her. The one that got to her everytime. The one that touched the deepest parts of her heart. She turned around, "and everything was supposed to be perfect." 

She heard him chuckle before he stood up and walked behind her. Lacing his hands around her waist, he placed a kiss on her cheek, "it already is" he said softly. 

And that made her feel a little better.

"Mmmn" she closed her eyes and leaned on him, momentarily forgetting her disappointment, "but-" she started,

"No buts" he said sternly, turning her around to face him "and waise bhi, it's my birthday na. Where's my gift?" He asked, eyes twinkling. 

Great! Now she was back to feeling horrible. Her eyes dropped to her feet , "it's in Kutch. I - " he placed a finger over her lips to make her stop talking.

"You talk too much" he muttered with a smile, shaking his head. 

"I talk too much? That would be you" she mumbled back at him, frowning. 

"Mishti..." Abir muttered, hooking a finger under her chin and making her look at him. 

Mishti pushed her glasses up, "it's my birthday and I want something from you, will you?" He asked, his hands cupping her cheek. 

For the first time since their bus broke down, Mishti smiled. She lifted her hand and placed it on top of his, "anything" she muttered. 

His smile widened at her answer. He took a couple of steps back. Mishti froze as her fiance went down on one knee. Taking her hands in his, he looked up at her, "Mishti Agarwal" he said, " will you go camping with me?"

"Oh Abir!" She managed to say. Just a couple of days back she was mentioning how she had never gone camping and maybe she would like to try it one day. 

"Will you?" He asked again softly, the corner of his lips perked up in a smile.

Mishti nodded fervently through her tears, "yes"

"Great" Abir said, bouncing back up, his eyes twinkling with excitement "you sit down. I'll get everything sorted"

"Oh no no no, " Mishti countered, planting her hands on her hips, " we are doing this together" 

Abir mirrored her pose as he planted his hands on his hips, he opened his mouth to arguez but realising that she wasn't going to back down, he shook his head, "alright fine"

"I still cant believe you have friends at this strange place who helped you with the tents" Mishti said, a couple of hours later as she sat cross legged before Abir. 

Abir laughed in response, munching on the snacks she had laid out between them. 

After setting up the tent, they had gotten to work - discussing some important NGO projects, chatting a lot - topics ranging from films to life to Abir's poems,  flirting a lot more. She had to admit she was loving it so far. 

"I'm a Banjara, remember" Abir said, raising both his brows playfully. 

"A Banjara who is settling down for good very soon" she said softly, looking down at the ring glimmering on her ringfinger. 

Abir titled his head so that both their eyes were at the same level. Leaning in slightly, he tucked her hair behind her ear, not breaking eye contact "because he found home" 

Mishti felt a smile spreading on her face even as her eyes moistened. She had read that people can make you laugh and people can make you cry but it took a special someone to make you laugh with tears in your eyes. He was her special someone. Actually he was her only one. The love of her life. Her destiny. Her forever. 

Smiling, she brushed her tears away and leaned in, touching her forehead to his. Closing her eyes, she muttered,  "I can't believe we are getting married in a couple of months" 

She felt Abir smile before he pulled back and said, " actually I can't believe our families agreed to give us this courtship time" he commented. 

Mishti frowned, "yeah. Why did you do that?" She asked, swatting at his arm playfully. 

"Ow" he mock yelled, holding his biceps, "angry chorni" he commented, "I thought that's what you always wanted. A courtship" 

"That was for other guys" Mishti said, throwing her arms up in the air. 

"Uh-huhh" Abir drawled, teasing her with his eyes. 

"Yes. Don't uh-huh Me, Abir" she said, trying her best to keep a straight face. And failing miserably as a huge smile spread through her face. Grabbing his hands in hers, she looked into the eyes she loved so much, "Abir Rajvansh" she started saying, her voice hitching ever so slightly, "I am so terribly, insanely, completely in love with you" her heart was bursting inside her chest as Abir's unadulterated joy reflected in his face, "I want to spend the rest of my life showing that to you. And I want the rest of my life to begin right now" she finished, a happy tear sliding down her cheek.

The eyes that she fell in love with was looking at her with so many emotions that she had difficultly naming which was the greatest. Love. Respect. Admiration. Trust. Joy. Belonging. 

"I love you too" he said, his hands still entwined in hers. They sat that way, cross legged on the floor, facing each other, hands entwined, staring into each other's eye's, touching each other's souls. Time seemed to fade around them, but both seemed oblivious. 

The sound of the chiming alarm jerked Mishti away from her daze, she didn't need to look into her phone. 

She looked at her man, "happy birthday Abir" she muttered softly, leaning in and planting a feather light kiss on his lips. She felt him smile against her lips, "best.birthday.ever" he muttered, eyes closed. 

"Abir" Mishti called a couple of minutes later, looking over at Abir who was lying down a couple of feet away from her. He had his eyes closed and his hands behind his head.  She turned on her side and let her eyes linger on his face. She didn't know how he did it, but he always seemed to turn around the worst of days - not just for her, but for everyone he knew and cared about.  He knew how to find joys in the worst of situations. 

Her Abir, Mishti thought, contentedly, lifting her left hand and looking at her ring. 

"Hmm" he answered suddenly, eyes still closed. 

"This is exactly what I imagined it would be like" she said, lying down on her back again

"What?" He asked, turning on his side, propping himself up on his elbow. 

She turned her head to look at him, "camping with Abir" she said with a smile. 

The sound of their soft chuckles filled the silent tent, "good night, Abir" Mishti said softly a couple of minutes later as she found herself drifting off to sleep - her heart filled with love and happy memories to look forward to. 

"Good night, love"

What had she thought earlier? That this was a horrible day and everything was wrong? She had been wrong, Mishti thought as she looked at him, this was the best day ever. And camping with Abir had been everything she had imagined and much much more.

She really couldn't wait to begin the rest of her life with him now. 

**** THE END ****

1. Dedicated to everyone of you! 

2. Thank you everyone for loving the last one - MishBir and baby. Sorry I couldn't individually thank you. I wanted to put this up first. Thanks once again. 

3. As always, R&R please. 

Edited by mridhu - 4 years ago
meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

this OS reminded me of my fav couple from years back. I still ship them ofcourse

I dont know if it was your intent here but it truly felt like Bade papa and badi maa relationship. the way they balance each other . It felt like that to me

Mridzy thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: meen123

this OS reminded me of my fav couple from years back. I still ship them ofcourse

Who would that be? I think I have a clue, but I want to know from you

:)

I dont know if it was your intent here but it truly felt like Bade papa and badi maa relationship. the way they balance each other . It felt like that to me

eek is it? No, i wasn't aiming for that honestly. But thanks I think - is that a good thing?! :) 

Edited by mridhu - 4 years ago
meen123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Lol I mean not the setting or otherwise the emotional part brought the memories from an American show The Originals and the couple was Klaus and Cami. damn my emotions. 

It is a good thing. Abir is the only one to know calm her down. Many people don't get it their whole lives, that is what I meant

Anuka3 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Abir Rajvansh, Im terribly, insanely, completely in love with you☺️❤️ Mihbir camping was magical. Thankyou so much taking me into mishbir world. 

coolove thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

That was really lovely 

Thank you so much for doing this 

I really like the way you explore the characters, but would love to see a one shot from Abir's perspective because you really justify Mishti's point of view and feelings so well 

But, really amazing thank you 

RamAayeHain thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

It was magical 

Loved every bit of it 

Mishbir campaigning, wow, Hope we will get this in show too 

Awesome update, loved it to the core