Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: anjs

Can't imagine any of these movies with her...

Exactly. 

*Dev.* thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

If Kajol liked the script, she would have done it. If not, she would reject it immediately and move the hell on.

Kajol did not object to being the "other woman" per se in KANK. She done so in Dil Kya Kare (1999). Her issue was like the rest of us, the script and characterisation. 

Kajol is the ONLY actress in history who rejects MASSIVE movies that are certified hits if she didn't love the character/script. i.e. Veer Zaara, Mohabbatein, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Chalte Chalte, Dil To Pagal Hai and 3 Idiots!!!

Thank God Kajol did not do those movies. Those movies are beyond amazing WITHOUT her. 

But I would have loved to see Kajol, Rani, SRK and Ajay in Kalank. That would have at least given a original indian bollywood feel, these days those kinds of movies are not made. 

flipfl0p thumbnail

Originally posted by: RheaSingh

it would have bombed even then..

I have not watched Kalank. But Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam was a hit. Ajay's role was similar. Rani's role was similar to herself Kuch Kuch Hota Hei. Sharukh had done Devdas. All these movies were hit. So this film could have been a hit as well.

But for me it is easier to imagine Aish doing Alia's role than Kajol. (She had done Devdas). 

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

First of all, the script was heavily changed to favour Alia.

The script that kajol read  bears very little resemblance with what was used in this Kalank.

IF they did it at the time, SRK's role would have  been the prominent one.. and probably  Kajol's too.. but not the mess the current script was.

The current script makes no sense....

jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

on koffee with Karan kajol revealed that she didn't like rani's character not working on her marriage despite of having a perfect husband 

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

If Kajol liked the script, she would have done it. If not, she would reject it immediately and move the hell on.

Kajol did not object to being the "other woman" per se in KANK. She done so in Dil Kya Kare (1999). Her issue was like the rest of us, the script and characterisation. 

Kajol is the ONLY actress in history who rejects MASSIVE movies that are certified hits if she didn't love the character/script. i.e. Veer Zaara, Mohabbatein, Kal Ho Naa Ho, Chalte Chalte, Dil To Pagal Hai and 3 Idiots!!!

Gems.musingsRN thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: *Dev.*

Thank God Kajol did not do those movies. Those movies are beyond amazing WITHOUT her. 

But I would have loved to see Kajol, Rani, SRK and Ajay in Kalank. That would have at least given a original indian bollywood feel, these days those kinds of movies are not made. 

I agree.would've loved to see srk kajol version of the movie.

But I guess the script is a lot different than what we saw.this one is too much aloo centric.

Edited by ratna.nanda - 4 years ago