IMPORTANT: Login Issues Fixed.

Posted: 4 years ago

Hi All,

This post is for members who were facing difficulty while logging in using their username due to special characters. 

You can now login using your email instead of username. 

Once you login to the site go to Settings.

It will show you a link to "Change Username" beside your username so that you fix the same.

Once done you need to logout and again login for the same to work fine.

Regards,

Sir i want to change my UN, help me please :)

Originally posted by vijay

Hi All,

This post is for members who were facing difficulty while logging in using their username due to special characters. 

It will show you a link to "Change Username" beside your username so that you fix the same.

Regards,

Hi Vijay,

I don't want to change my username but, to check the feature, I went into my settings and could not find Change Username option next to my user name.  E-mail address can be edited and I also found a change password option in the next page.  

I found a blank box under Display name.  Is that where you put your new User Name and hit Update?

Cheers.......

Hello Vijay !! 

Thank you for being at the forefront to help us all. Things have streamlined a lot. 

Just a case in point, my friend is unable to log into the new IF. She is from the UK/EU, and I am not sure if there is a particular problem in that area, but since the last two days, either the site shows error or its the 403 issue. 

Pls suggest what to do. 

Originally posted by Savera84

Hi Vijay,

I don't want to change my username but, to check the feature, I went into my settings and could not find Change Username option next to my user name.  E-mail address can be edited and I also found a change password option in the next page.  

I found a blank box under Display name.  Is that where you put your new User Name and hit Update?

Cheers.......

Yes, that is where you update the new UN. 

A lot of new features have also been added to the Profile tab. 

Hi All,

Regards,

Sorry Sir, but my log in issue is not resolved. I am able to post this as I can log in from my phone but just cannot from my PC since you redesigned the website, except briefly yesterday.

You ask us to use email id instead of username but my problem is when I press the log in icon, I do not get the username or password option but soon as I press the icon, error 403, permission denied message confronts me.  So there is no scope to log in. Hope you have understood the problem, have complained so many times to you and IF, kindly give my case some time and resolve it!

Vijay sir,

Mý settings are not working again 403 error is showing. Please help

Originally posted by CreativeByBirth

Vijay sir,

Mý settings are not working again 403 error is showing. Please help

403 Error comes cause our system identifies your IP address as Proxy / VPN. 

In order to make the message clear we have included the IP address also which you can email to us so that we can look at it if its an error from our end.

Originally posted by Savera84

Hi Vijay,

Cheers.......

That option is currently available to users whose usernames are not valid as per our new policy.

Display name we have introduced so that one can change it easily without time restrictions and will start coming in your User Hover Card. (Still to be implemented)

like:

Vijay Bhatter
@vijay

The way we see in various other social network sites.

Regards,

That option is currently available to users whose usernames are not valid as per our new policy.

Display name we have introduced so that one can change it easily without time restrictions and will start coming in your User Hover Card. (Still to be implemented)

like:

Vijay Bhatter
@vijay

The way we see in various other social network sites.

Regards,

Thanks for the information and I appreciate your patience and efforts.

Cheers......