Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

He is the main lead in Delhi Belly.Yes MBKD is with Katrina.

OK, then I am really stumped? I thought Delhi Belly was with Akki and Sonakshi???*I did check Google now and OFC you are right.. but WHY I remember somethign about Akshay dancing with Sonakshi? That's all I remember about Delhi Belly ( the one I see in my head)* not enough  coffee inside me it  seems, lol. Gonna replenish.

I REALLY need coffee it seems. I looked up in Google all Akshay's movies- the one I thought it's Delhi Belly is in fact Rowdy Rathore..loool.

So then pretty much convinced I haven't seen any of this guy's movies- just thought I did.

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: MoonOrchid

OK, then I am really stumped? I thought Delhi Belly was with Akki and Sonakshi???*I did check Google now and OFC you are right.. but WHY I remember somethign about Akshay dancing with Sonakshi? That's all I remember about Delhi Belly ( the one I see in my head)* not enough  coffee inside me it  seems, lol. Gonna replenish.

That was Once Upon a time in Mumbai Dobarra with Akki, Sonakshi and Imran Khan.Its prequel was Once Upon a time in Mumbai with Ajay, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana and Prachi Desai.
Johnny.Balraj thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

He wasn't good enough

MoonOrchid thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Thug-Leader

That wasOnce Upon a time in Mumbai Dobarra with Akki, Sonakshi and Imran Khan.Its prequel was Once Upon a time in Mumbai with Ajay, Emraan Hashmi, Kangana and Prachi Desai.

Okay , this is getting too much lol. Thanks , I will go check.So... maybe I DID see him and Akshay then? And it's that Mumbai  movie .. and maybe THAT is why I get them mixed up- Imran was in the first one, then Emraan was in the sequel. Lol, what a  mess in my head !
mystic786 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Lol I think he realised himself that he's not cut out for this and thank god he did.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

He is very talented. He was far ahead of Ranbir in terms of acting in his early years.

Intersting fact, he worked with a different heroine in each of his 12 releases:

JAANE TU YA JAANE NA (2008): GENELIA D'SOUZA

KIDNAP (2008): MINISSHA LAMBA 

LUCK (2009): SHRUTI HAASAN

I HATE LUV STORYS (2010): SONAM KAPOOR 

BREAK KE BAAD (2010): DEEPIKA PADUKONE

DELHI BELLY (2011): SHEHNAZ TREASURYWALA

MERE BROTHER KI DULHAN (2011): KATRINA KAIF

EK MAIN AUR EKK TU (2012): KAREENA KAPOOR

ONCE UPON A TIME IN MUMBAI DOBARA (2012): SONAKSHI SINHA

MATRU KI BIJLEE KA MANDOLA (2013): ANUSHKA SHARMA

GORI TERE PYAAR MEIN (2013): SHRADDHA KAPOOR*

DELHI BELLY (2015): KANGANA RANAUT

9 of which were bonafide A-Listers.

*Of course Kareena Kapoor was the lead in GTPM but for trivia's sake, he technically also worked with Shraddha for the first time.

CuttingChai thumbnail

Last I heard he was Prime Minister of Pakistan.

shogun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Rekha_ji

He is very talented. He was far ahead of Ranbir in terms of acting in his early years.

I wouldn't stretch it THAT far lol. Ranbir was always considered the superior talent "acting" wise but at the box office, Imran was going toe for toe with RK at his best. He had a legitimate claim at the most popular of the young guns at the early stage.

12Katti Batti18 Sep 201523,75,50,000Flop

11Gori Tere Pyaar Mein22 Nov 201314,01,75,000Disaster

10Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobaara!15 Aug 201358,49,00,000Flop

9Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola11 Jan 201338,89,00,000Flop

8Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu10 Feb 201240,10,00,000Average 

7Mere Brother Ki Dulhan09 Sep 201157,40,50,000Hit 

6Delhi Belly01 Jul 201154,83,75,000Hit 

5Break Ke Baad26 Nov 201016,86,25,000Flop 

4I Hate Luv Storys02 Jul 201043,46,75,000Hit 

3Luck24 Jul 200921,03,25,000Flop 

2Kidnap02 Oct 200820,49,50,000Flop 

1Jaane Tu... Ya Jaane Na04 Jul 200855,62,25,000Super Hit 

https://boxofficeindia.com/actor.php?actorid=46

Dude's problem was his core fan base was the teeny boppers who are notoriously very fickle. As soon as his films started failing, they moved on to the greener, newer pastures Sid, Varun etc. Sid himself is facing the same issue with his core moving on to Kartik and such. That particular fanbase has no loyalty lol.

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: shogun

I wouldn't stretch it THAT far lol. Ranbir was always considered the superior talent "acting" wise but at the box office, Imran was going toe for toe with RK at his best. He had a legitimate claim at the most popular of the young guns at the early stage.

12Katti Batti18 Sep 201523,75,50,000Flop

11Gori Tere Pyaar Mein22 Nov 201314,01,75,000Disaster

10Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobaara!15 Aug 201358,49,00,000Flop

9Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola11 Jan 201338,89,00,000Flop

https://boxofficeindia.com/actor.php?actorid=46

Dude's problem was his core fan base was the teeny boppers who are notoriously very fickle. As soon as his films started failing, they moved on to the greener, newer pastures Sid, Varun etc. Sid himself is facing the same issue with his core moving on to Kartik and such. That particular fanbase has no loyalty lol.

The fact that I was talking about "acting" ability and not box office success was in the clue when I said "in terms of acting", so no need to have a hissy fit.I also disagree with that analogy. He had a much wider appeal. He was largely appreciated by the 20s and 30s crowd too. And the so--called "teeny boppers" would also have grown up between 2008 and 2015 no? So a 15 year old being a fan of his debut would be 22 at the time of his last release which was targeted at the 18-35 audience.Imran's conundrum would be that he was ahead of his time. Today there are many many more films being made which suit him than there were 5 years ago. Plus his priorities changed, he wanted to help raise his son I suppose. I fully support that but would love him to come back to movies.