Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

secular00 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: Sofna

Just came across your ff today after a spark of interest in this couple. .. all I can say is Wowww... what brilliant writing, storytelling and characterisation! I soo wish we could see this onscreen. This is absolutely fantastic. I'm hooked on your ff more than the couple on the screen. The lovestory gives tragic vibes but I'm waiting with bated breath for the next update. .. please give us one soon.

Much appreciated.. 👍🏼thank you for reading it all the way through and for your encouraging comments...😃 also, you're more than welcome to bring in your feedback and suggestions. I'd inbox you the direct link; once I'm done with the next update. Stay blessed 😛

Edited by manu9 - 4 years ago
secular00 thumbnail

Chapter 7

“I didn’t know you were into theft as a side hobby!”

“Just like obscenity and profanity is yours!” 

“Cheers for the compliment however, I must inform you miss; you’re going in the wrong direction…”

“And grudgingly let me tell you; I don’t give a shit about your advice!” – He glared at her as she responded puffing.

“Prachi, one final warning or you won’t like what I’d be doing next!” – His footsteps quickened as she moved farther.

“Hit me or abuse me right? I’m immune to it!” – The next moment he stood firm; blocking her way.

“I have a much better idea…” – Before she knew, Ranbir carried her in his arms.

“Let go of me now!!”

“You won’t move an inch till we get inside the college, understood?”

“Are you mad? This is absurd I –“

“You started this absurdity; now face it!”

“Ranbir, I’m going to –“

“Scream, hit the ground, slap me; do whatever you like – you’re not going anywhere!”

“It’s a mess already! Stop creating more problems for me!”

“If you don’t shut your mouth in the next five seconds – you’d get to experience a lot more embarrassing situation. Do not challenge me this time!” – She kept quiet as they slowly made their way back to the main area; praying not to seen in public like that.

Angry and coy Prachi securely held onto his collar, trying hard to balance herself but, she stopped at once as he looked at her fidgeting with his shirt. She had expected another callous remark; to her surprise he stopped, his gaze was somewhat tender.

“You’d be fine – trust me.” – He mumbled with his signature stoned expression. 

She kept on staring at his injuries; overly concerned as to how he was even managing walking with her added burden as they moved ahead.

“If you’re done with inflicting punishment on me; I really need to get down…”

“That’s sad. I thought you must be considering yourself lucky to be carried by a handsome hunk thus saving yourself from the evil eye…”

“Care to elaborate this philosophical concept?”

“Do you really want to be reddened with embarrassment?”

“Tell me!”

“The mole at your lower back is so adorable that I couldn’t resist myself to touch you!” – All of a sudden she felt her skin blazing – he was right.

“How do you –“

“Your cotton stole was so thick that it failed to cover your broken zip!” 

“Put me down…“

“Stop being over-dramatic…”

“Let me fix it!”

“Your skin show from the back is evident enough to awaken my inner demons.”

“I mean you could help me with –“

“I should help you fix your zip in the middle of the road so that you could conveniently get me charged for molestation; is this how your brain works?”

“Oh really? Helping a girl with wardrobe malfunction is awkward; but, carrying that girl in your arms in front of the whole world isn’t! Genius!” 

Completely infuriated he stopped near a huge tree; putting her down.

“What on earth are you –“

“Lean back…” 

“Why?”

“Shut up and do it!” – Relieved to see her roofed enough; he took out one of his summer jackets from the bag – thrusting it in her hands. 

However, observing her taking light years to wear a simple piece of cloth; Ranbir moved forward; let out a deep sigh and snatched it back.

“Come closer and remove your stole…”

“What are you trying to do?” – She took aback.

“Come closer before I play hell with you!” – Prachi didn’t argue this time yet, she suspiciously observed movements of his hands. 

He was gentle enough in helping her wear the jacket and finally he looked at her after covering the last bit of her collarbone.

“You may be hot; but, I’ve got standards!” – She looked at him in plain astonishment. Till now she thought he had saved her because he cared for her; no wonder it was just a trick to get her burden out of his way for good. 

“Let’s go!” – She sluggishly went onto the path; maintaining an appropriate distance from him.

“I guess I had apologized to you already.”

“It wasn’t needed.”

“Yet I did. What’s wrong with being friends with me?”

“That friend has already shown enough loyalty and undying support today by putting our lives in danger!”

“Those people belonged to you!”

“I would’ve dealt with them peacefully; if you didn’t intervene waggling your tail!”

“All of this wouldn’t have happened if you had listened to me!” – He stopped in tracks.

“They would’ve slaughtered you there and then!”

“Even if they had molested me, it wouldn’t be a big deal; because you hate me so much!” – Without a second thought; Ranbir pulled her from both her arms – glaring at her. 

Now, I really wish you were dead!!” – He jerked her backwards and paced away.

When suddenly a crashing noise compelled him to stop and turn. A vehicle had dashed one of the trees and swiftly moved away with a half-broken bumper leaving smog behind. 

He gazed towards the moving vehicle.

“Due to some technical issues and federal holidays in line; money order would take a while; I’ve kept the stack in your cupboard.”

“Fine with me…”

“How on earth are you breathing in here? It’s so hot.”

“I’ve left the peeled potatoes on the dining table; bring those in…” – Aarti was slightly confused by her indifference but, continued to be her apparent cheering-self.

“All set; did you get anywhere with its gravy?” – She got no response rather saw Pragya toying with her phone as she paced in the kitchen. Aarti sat on the nearest chair – putting the dish aside.

“What’s wrong?”

“Prachi isn’t picking up my call…”

“Its late afternoon and you know she’s usually in a process of going back to her room around this time. Why do you worry?”

“I don’t know; she never does that.”

“Are you angry on her for not answering your call in the first shot? I mean, for real?”

“Aarti, it’s my freaking 8th time in a row! I’m worried! Listen, please visit her today and call me once you reach there…”

“If I leave you alone at this time who is going to look after the tuition kids? You’ve been going frantic about the money order status lately; you won’t be able to manage an additional stress all along.”

“I’d give them a day off.”

“Those kids have exams in 3 weeks.”

“Their parents should’ve the brains to understand the severity of an emergency! Otherwise they should teach those brats on their own!”

“Alright, calm down – first tell me, did you try calling Neha?”

“Aarti, why don’t you –“

“Listen, hostel visiting hours are till 7 pm – which means the gates would most likely be locked by the time I’d reach her – talk to Neha over the phone, if there’s something serious; I’d leave right away.”

“I talked to her earlier this morning; she was off-campus and said she had talked to Prachi over the phone around the same time – and since then neither Neha nor did Prachi call me back…”

“I’d suggest for you to wait; till Neha calls you herself…”

“I’m not sure if Prachi’s safe – my heart is sinking!”

“You can’t have everything under-control – understand this. Both of them have different schedules; they might have ample of work to do. Prachi’s phone might be on silent and somehow she couldn’t pick your phone – that’s how college life is. Like I said wait for Neha’s call and give yourself a break – before your brain completely shuts down…”

Pragya agreed with growing unease.

Broken crystals; half-damaged; moving in a disoriented fashion – He scanned the portion; till he caught a crumbled figure on the grass and everything made sense to him.

With his skin turning pale; he quickly moved towards the other side of the road and gently placed her motionless figure into his lap.

While he frantically rubbed one of her palms, removing her broken wristlets to get her back to life; he noticed thick fluid dripping from his hand. Perplexed Ranbir looked for the exact source; trying to register what just happened. 

His piercing gaze trekked over Prachi’s bruised forehead and finally reached her blood-stained stole – totally unsure of what he was doing he removed the piece of cloth – what he saw left him in utter shock. 

A huge, deep cut on her neck till her collarbone flooded by heavy blood discharge; he softly tapped one of her cheeks, “Pr… Prachi…. get up… – is this a prank??” – Ranbir checked her pulse which was gradually sinking. 

Seeing himself on the threshold of guilt, anger and anxiety; he scanned both ways to find help; followed by countless shakes, “Open your eyes damn it!!!!!” 

On getting no reaction; he picked her up and moved under the shed of the same tree – from sprinkling water on her face to wrapping her stole around the injury – Ranbir made failing attempts with the stuff he had at hand. 

Completely numb – he picked up his phone with slightly trembling hands.

Neha sat in the waiting area as Prachi was taken in the emergency ward – her apparent unease increased as time passed. 

How’d she tell Pragya about this incident? She already seemed worried in the morning; after knowing about Prachi’s condition – she’d land in right away. Furthermore, Ranbir’s presence would certainly raise eye-brows and Pragya’s reaction would bring chaos to the already tense situation. 

However, she couldn’t afford complete silence either. In one way or the other she had to inform someone who would act less volatile to the current scenario. All in all, at present Prachi’s safety was way more important than answering the never ending questionnaire – Neha wondered.

Having said that, Ranbir hadn’t exactly spoken to Neha as to how both of them ended like that – apart from that one-liner he mentioned in distress. She scanned the lobby and saw him standing at a distance – leaning back at the wall side-ways. He had been at the same spot – fully involved in his cell phone since half an hour and didn’t bother to get himself bandaged even once.

“Taking living-on-the-edge concept to new heights eh?”

“A couple of months more and you’d outwit the God of sarcasm.” – He smiled covering his seeming stress.

”Has the sarcasm God thought about getting himself cleaned up?”

“Throwing thousands of bucks for something I could do on my own? She needs it a lot more than me right now.”

“You still haven’t told me; how did this happen?”

“I did tell you – an accident.” – He concluded with sudden seriousness; Neha couldn’t probe more as one of the nurses had just called her in.

Prachi sat upright on the bed with difficulty as a drip had been inserted on one of her hands and a small bandage covering the scar on her forehead – she looked pale. The lady doctor examined her injury – it had been cleaned and considerably dried up but, the swelling was still there.

“How are you feeling now?” – The kind woman asked with a smile.

“It isn’t painful anymore but, I feel dizzy and weak…” – Prachi mumbled.

“I feel you dear – thankfully, the wound wasn’t that deep to be stitched. But, you had an excessive blood loss; it would take you some time to recover – I’d give you the required prescription in written in a while. Till then allow the nurses to give you some antibiotics and change your bandages.”

“I won’t have to miss my classes, would I?” – Neha, who had been standing beside her friend gave a resigned look; whereas the lady seemed puzzled at first and then let out a mild laugh.

“A big no – you need to be healthy first, in order to do that.”

“Which means?”

“Which means complete rest for a week…”

“Pardon me miss but, I’m afraid I would have to challenge your proficiency here!” – The audience turned to see a familiar face walking in.

“Sorry?” 

“I mean, how could you miss out on the terrible psychological state of this woman? I’m the key victim of her gruesome attacks today!” – The doctor suppressed her slight laugh as Ranbir responded earnestly.

“Mind if I ask your name young man?”

“The devil.” – Prachi responded irritably; while the doctor seemed confused once again.

“She means I’m that son of a b**** who helped her getting in here – Ranbir. And you doctor?” 

“Preeti Agarwaal – Dermatology department.”

“Ignore him – he seems to flirt with every other woman he catches!!”

“Still mourning about not being on my list, aren’t you?” – Neha and the doctor couldn’t help but, laugh.

On the other hand, Prachi’s eyes fell on his injuries – as expected he hadn’t got those scars cleaned up. 

“God knows as to how he is even enduring the pain… stubborn little monster!!!” - Extremely frustrated; Prachi intervened;

“Ms Agarwaal, his injuries seem to have worsened because of me; would you mind taking him for dressing too?”

“Shut up! I’m not going anywhere!!”

"Ranbir, you shouldn’t argue with your wife; knowing that she’s in such a condition…” 

“What?” – All three of them blurted out at once; giving shocked stares with one another.

“Wife? Whose wife?” – Ranbir frowned.

“Well… aren’t you two –“

“She’s not even a friend!!!” – With sudden silence spreading across the room and the onlookers swapping edgy glances – he could read the hurt in her eyes. Vexed, he turned to Neha instead;

“Stay here while I’m in for the dressing…”

“Sure thing.” – Neha was pleased with his unusual conformity.

“Don’t bother coming back!!” – Ranbir passed one long death stare to Prachi and made his way out.

startling86 thumbnail

Thank you for the wonderful update. 

Deepidj thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Wow, thank u for posting.. So prachi got hurt instead of ranbir but thank god she is OK. I was right ranbir likes nd cares for prachi nd it was proved today. The way he carried, helped her for not being embrassed nd gave his jacket was amazing. Then the ward scene, I liked the whole part but best was the Dr saying that ranbir should not talk to his wife like that, nd all three reaction so funny. Prachi has given ranbir a name the devil. Last pragya concern about prachi. Loved it. She felt her child is in problem hope to see prachi pragya meet once. Such a wonderful update. Now have to see what ranbir does to the person who hutted his prachi. 

Christie2017 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

@manu, well written. And folks all of u I will comment in detail later. Very busy. Death in the family.

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Janas2017

@manu, well written. And folks all of u I will comment in detail later. Very busy. Death in the family.

thanks man and so sorry to hear about your loss... detailed feedback awaited take care 

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Deepidj

Wow, thank u for posting.. So prachi got hurt instead of ranbir but thank god she is OK. I was right ranbir likes nd cares for prachi nd it was proved today. The way he carried, helped her for not being embrassed nd gave his jacket was amazing. Then the ward scene, I liked the whole part but best was the Dr saying that ranbir should not talk to his wife like that, nd all three reaction so funny. Prachi has given ranbir a name the devil. Last pragya concern about prachi. Loved it. She felt her child is in problem hope to see prachi pragya meet once. Such a wonderful update. Now have to see what ranbir does to the person who hutted his prachi. 

thank you for religiously following my story 😊... your comments are always a treat to read

Edited by manu9 - 4 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8

ranbir telling prachi that she would be fine ..trust me was lovely.when prachi said even if she had got molested it doesn't matter to him as he hates her n ranbir pulling her ...his dialogues...omg.pragya is worried for prachi. hoping for a touchy mother daughter scene.dr thought that pranbir are a married couple.ha ha. prachi calling him devil was funny

Edited by jasminerahul - 4 years ago
SarafWasima thumbnail
Love Couple India Season 3 0 Thumbnail Jimmy Jab Games Season 6 0 Thumbnail + 7

You know what, I could kill you right now right away if I had the power. I mean how could you let my Prachi into a drastic situation?! Ranbir is such an asshole I swear but nonetheless they are getting closer and I am sure you’ll  bring much more situations where both of them will fortunately or unfortunately be together for good or for bad, love you Maheen!!! ❤️❤️❤️ Update soon!

secular00 thumbnail

Originally posted by: jasminerahul

ranbir telling prachi that she would be fine ..trust me was lovely.when prachi said even if she had got molested it doesn't matter to him as he hates her n ranbir pulling her ...his dialogues...omg.pragya is worried for prachi. hoping for a touchy mother daughter scene.dr thought that pranbir are a married couple.ha ha. prachi calling him devil was funny

haha thanks for your feedback... and hopefully you'd get to read more of such funny scenarios 😉