Kunal Karan Kapoor 😃

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Handsome Smile Kunal Karan Kapoor  😃

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Information, interviews, link to episodes, fan write ups, pictures and so on 😃 you will find everything on Kunal Karan Kapoor on this Website dedicated to our hero 😊

Everything on Naik Raikars you can find on this page. 😃

Edited by Ani_La_Iam - 5 years ago
Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

Kunal Karan Kapoor as a photographer and traveler.

"Picture sometimes says something that connects with people. Connection, that is what it is all about in the end" - Kunal Karan Kapoor.

I can only agree. Connection is what it is all about and Kunal Karan Kapoor knows the art of connecting. Be as in an actor or photographer.

For me a great artist is someone who express their inner self through their craft, who has insight, observe, are intense, convincing, passionate, creative and who brings out the beauty and sees it, which others may take for granted.

An artist is also someone who keep growing and changing, who get inspired and inspires others...who somehow make a different.

Kunal Karan Kapoor as a photographer had some different phases. Some clicks are something that catch the eye, a moment and atmosphere, some beautiful, some has a silence and hidden storm in them and some pictures has a story to tell.

That is the beauty about pictures. They tell thousand stories. Being the motive on the picture or the old man sitting on a bench in the background or even the small flower that has started to bloom. Everything has a story to tell, and by capturing that moment of wishful thinking, hope and future you've managed to save a part of the world that would have been untold.

Personally, I would love to watch Kunal Karan Kapoor work with his camera more. Would like him to make a short movie or something. Curious, what theme and subject he would choose. As an artist you create something you relate to and get inspired by. So, what would Kunal Karan Kapoor's short movie be about?

Quoting my sister Ana: "Watching him perform is like watching a painter paint on a blank canvas - colours blend, shapes emerge, lines connect, but the painter continues to paint and the painting continues to change."

It kind of sum it all up. As an admire of Kunal Karan Kapoor, I am waiting for him to pursue his passion. I am waiting to be part of that journey and watch where it will take him as an actor and photographer.

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

The Embodiment of Mohan Bhatnagar: Kunal Karan Kapoor

Looking at his career before NBT, it almost seemed as if Kunal was used. It seemed as if he was given a part, but never the lead part, even when he possessed the very ability to overshadow co-actors with his mere performances. The important people seemed to understand that he contained incredible talent; that he had something which pulled at something within the viewers. They retained him. They provided him with a bit more space and a bit more character depth, but they never allowed him to run a show, because despite his awe-inspiring talent, despite his inexplicable ability to draw viewers into the very skin of even a villainous character (such as Angad from Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya), they did not believe in him enough to hand him a lead part.

I found it upsetting that someone with so much talent had been held back for years because people refused to look past his exterior. In a TV industry imbued with models, you have to look like an Abercrombie & Fitch commercial rather than carry actual talent. Indeed, people will ignore your lack of skill, but not your supposed lack in appearance - an appearance measured by some grand scale in the inhuman world also known as the model industry.

However, Kunal redefined beauty, in my opinion.

Kunal as an actor is flabbergasting. Watching him perform is like watching a painter paint on a blank canvas - colours blend, shapes emerge, lines connect, but the painter continues to paint and the painting continues to change. Kunal manages to wring out his character and expose every shade of it. Even as Angad, he twisted the black shades. There was more to the character. One could see the potential. The writers would not make him a stronger part of the story. They would not allow his character to grow out of the darkness and leave a mark.

Something that I found admirable was how Kunal never feared that people would hate his character. Perhaps hating is the same as caring. I do not know. But I do know that Kunal is gifted. It is as if he perceives more than the overall design. It is as if he sees the nuances and details and manages to draw them out. Comparing Angad with Vasu, they had only one thing in common; they were both criminals. Kunal made certain that the similarities ended there. The characters did not share the same dialect, attitude or body language, tone of voice or facial expressions.

My sister said something interesting about Kunal bagging NBT. She said that she wondered exactly when the channel/creative heads realised that they were in possession of an actor who was capable of a whole lot more than they had actually anticipated. She wondered when it occurred to them that he was not just any actor, but the embodiment of Mohan Bhatnagar; that he could take the character beyond the script.

Having watched both seasons twice, I doubt that they ever fully realised it. Or if they did, they continued to use his talent as everyone else had without providing him with anything more than his limited space. I believe that Kunal, even on NBT, was not given much screen-space or story; that even though he proved what he was capable of in season one, they still went on to restrain his character in season two, making it all about the love stories rather than Mohan's very journey - especially the emotional one. I find it disheartening that an actor worked 12-14 hours a day, gave his all for a character, and yet in some episodes he had one scene that lasted no more than three minutes while others had half episodes dedicated to them. Perhaps if it had not been for the director understanding Kunal's talent and meticulously capturing his every shot, then even the few minutes of him might have failed to show the depth of Kunal's performances.

Despite his limited screen-space, it was Kunal who overshadowed entire episodes with his one/two-minute frames. And at the end of every episode, it was his performance that I recalled. It was his expressions that burned into my memory. It was his face that left an impact.

For instance, on February 20th 2013 and February 21st 2013, his character had a sequence in the office with Nanhi and Anupama. In the sequence, he raged on about how Nanhi had put herself in danger for a story (even though he used to do the exact same back in the day). During his rant, he paused to ask Anupama for Nanhi's name. When Nanhi answered with Navika, his eyes went from narrowed-in-hell-fury to completely vulnerable, hopeful, and tormented. It would be an understatement to say that I was in shock. I had never, ever, seen any actor's (or human being, for that matter) eyes become so emotionally exposed, so naked. It was astonishing. It was beautiful in the most painful sense of the word.

The episodes were about Nanhi and her hunt. All I remember is Kunal in that single shot. I remember that I kept telling my sister: He is not human. That is not humanly possible.

I could list numerous examples of how Mohan as a character was quite oppressed in both seasons, how his journey was never given much space, and how Kunal's scenes would be shown mid-conversation and cut before they were even completed (while others would have long stretches of time for their characters). However, not much can be done about that now. Personally, I am relieved that I was not a part of India-Forums when NBT was still on-air. I would have driven people insane with my posts, including myself.

Before moving on to the character study, I would like to point out that I do not consider myself a fan of any actor. I become a fan of characters, yes. And I admire some actors such as Kunal. I support them in their work. I enjoy their performances. Thus this character study will focus on Mohan Bhatnagar as in the character, but through Kunal's flawless portrayal of him, of course. It will not focus on Kunal as an actor alone.

Furthermore, the links added in the study are, in fact, short videos that show a glimpse of Mohan Bhatnagar as well as the relationships in his life.

By Anastrophobian.

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

How I met Kunal Karan Kapoor...

Around November - December 2014 I was going through a rough patch when, in need of a strong distraction and not being satisfied with the current offering on TV, I saw news of reruns of Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha. Having heard so much about the show previously I finally decided to give it a shot and it turned out to be the best ever decision. I was hooked right from the first episode and it didn't take me long to completely fall in love with the show- a simple yet sincere story which was uplifting, touching and funny with a lot of heart. And above all it gave us an unforgettable hero in Mohan Bhatnagar, the laffanga patrakaar who always wore his heart on his sleeve and was such a refreshing change from the usual crop of somber leads. Everything about him was so endearing - his impulsive behavior, brash attitude, hilarious interactions with his "biwi" Guru, but most importantly his adorable bond with little Nanhi and his pure and unconditional love for Megha. And this is how I first met Kunal Karan Kapoor, the man who literally brought Mohan Bhatnagar to life, a hero unlike any before and as real as they come.

Call it a coincidence or things just happening at the right time, but I was to have another encounter with him when soon after, Left Right Left started to air again, another amazing show with memorable characters including one Yadhuvansh Sahni - the cool yet put-upon, happy-go-lucky yet eager to excel army cadet. A very relatable character in many ways and Kunal was so convincing and credible as Yudi I stopped looking for any sign of Mohan in him. I even remember thinking Yudi Sahni is the kind of person Mohan Bhatnagar could have for breakfast!

Looks like the universe was really conspiring to introduce me to him so far because finally the man himself made a grand return after 2 years in the form of Shaurya Urmi Sinha in Doli Armanon Ki, as a righteous, sensitive and self-made man, always standing up for truth and justice, but who seems to be battling demons of his own. Dutiful son and ideal friend he maybe, but Shaurya is a mystery regarding his real feelings and therein lies the beauty of this character, and Kunal's restrained performance always has us guessing and curious about what Shaurya does next.

Three diverse personas, three diverse personalities but what connects them all is the portrayal and performance of one actor. There are very few actors who disappear completely into a role, making each trait, nuance, and gesture distinct, and Kunal Karan Kapoor is one of these few. Line up the bindaas Mohan, the nervous Yudi, and the reserved Shaurya and it is hard to imagine that they are all played by the same person. Kunal always seems to go an extra mile in understanding every shade, every facet or emotion that goes into shaping a particular character and performing it with pitch perfection leaving us completely enthralled and eager for more. There's always this question in our minds: How would this character (or Kunal as the character) react now? There's always something new to look forward to from him. I'm sure he is every writer's dream actor, at least I know he would be my dream actor if I was one. And if that wasn't enough, he comes across as a wonderful human being - fascinating, inspiring but above all absolutely humble and honest and it's this very honesty and sincerity which shines through in his performances. As a fan it's exciting and even satisfying that I still have a few shows left to watch where he takes his versatility to another level, particularly as Angad, who I'm really looking forward to meet.

Thank you so much, Kunal, for making Television enjoyable and meaningful again and delighting us and engaging us in every role that you do. I wish you the very very best, be it in your career or your life. May you find success in whatever you choose to do and continue to soar to even greater heights and to even wider horizons. You deserve nothing less. 

Rachana Ramesh

Link to fan write-ups - http://kunalkarankapoor.com/tagged/Write

You can write one too and I will add it on the website 😃

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

A Walk to Remember.

A captain abandons his sinking ship. He is court-martialed. Stripped of his badges and captaincy. His father disowns him, ashamed to have a coward for a son. The captain is mobbed; abuses hurled at him as he walks down the street. The captain is Amitabh Bachhan. The movie - Kala Patthar.

I saw this movie when I was little. But that walk of shame has haunted me ever since. And then, just last week, another actor walked into my drawing room in a similar fashion and reminded me of that scene...

Here's what Riit, a diehard fan has to say - "The walk in the rain - silent, yet saying so much... I almost thought; felt I was watching a Hollywood classic! The furious calm - only KKK can manage it."

I ought to be grateful to Sunny Leone. I think it was December 2011. Everyone seemed to be talking about her, so I switched on my TV to watch Big Boss. During the break there was a promo. A carefree young lad, dressed casually, with a dhinchak ringtone on his mobile, talking to a widow, the mother of two giggly kids. Ah ha! So finally a daily that was different from all the Saas, Bahu aur Bakwaas. A soap that was reminiscent of shows like Malgudi Days - known for their simplicity and touch with reality.

I was definitely going to watch Na Bole Tum Na Maine Kuch Kaha, I decided. I loved the actress, Akanksha Singh - so simple and yet so elegant and beautiful and the two adorable munchkins. I wasn't too sure about the actor though. Well, to be fair, he was playing the boy next door or rather - the boy across the street and he looked the part.

Ahh. Little did I know then, that the actor playing the ordinary-looking Mohan Bhatnagar was not so ordinary after all. In the months to come, he was not only going to play his role with aplomb, but go on to win the ITA award for the best actor.

KUNAL KARAN KAPOOR. So what is it about him that makes his fans so fond of him?

Is it his eyes that speak volumes? In their depths the viewers have seen the love and desires of a passionate young man in ssn1 and the anguish of a tortured soul in ssn2. In a show where the language of the eyes and nuances are more important than dialogues, Sudhir Sharma could not have made a better choice.

Because he emotes so well? Because he gives 100 - nay, 200% to his role? Because he has the vision, the focus - like Arjun, to nail every scene, every nuance, every single shot?

Or is it his humility? The fact that he's so down-to-earth? So unassuming?

Is it because he's a source of inspiration? The type of person a lot of us aspire to be?

The list is endless. Here's what some of his fans have to say -

"What I like the most about him is that he is genuine and totally comfortable with himself...  his vulnerability coupled with his guarding his own space - a weird combination that somehow is very endearing...and most of all, his honesty, acting genius, and dedication to his profession ..How can you not love such a person?" - Asmi.

"I luv everything about him...everything...as a person i luv ppl who give their heart and soul to their work...he inspires me as a person...he has taught me to be patient...he's been a part of this industry so long...and after so many years he got what he actually deserves the most...YES KKK...U R THE KING..NOT JUST AS AN ACTOR BUT AS A HUMAN BEING TOO..." - Sakshi.

"I love his honesty, modesty, simplicity, his worship towards work n giving cent percent in each n every scene and movement - that's dedication; the way he thinks that he's not perfect or best, even though he is." - Sah.

"He has taught us to have patience & work hard. No short-cut & it will be recognized." - Raji.

"I just love the fact that he erases from memory any shortcoming I have or any unpleasantness I am encountering  ...by his mere presence on screen, his acting ... the endearing manner he just enters rightfully into our hearts and warms it  ...nothing compares to it..." - Jay.

"For me, KKK is a complete package - I find everything abt him fascinating & interesting - on screen as well as off-screen and that's a killer combo." - Ishani.

But the one quality that endears him to all of us lies in his own answer, given in a recent radio interview. When asked about the dissimilarities between him and Mohan, the character he portrays in NBT, he replied - "Mohan never gives up hope. And me being human, I do at times."

Yes, that's what makes us so fond of him - that he's human, he's one of us. Not an unapproachable star, shining from afar. Rather, the boy next door, close to our hearts.

Blog by Hansa T. Dasgupta - http://www.sangeetabhargava.com/blog/a-walk-to-remember.html
Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

Fans sharing their experience and Kunal Karan Kapoor's reply to them doing Left Right Left 2006 - 2008.

I met Kunal on the set of lrl.

Kunal said hi guys, I gave my intro. He said hi u r member of IF aur kaun hai. I said me n Pooja. I asking about his injuries. He told yesterday i felt down from the jeep while shooting, and my leg is injured. 
Kunal in past. He also has back problem at the time of cycle drills. Get well soon Kunal. We gave his b'day gift. He was totally surprise. On 22 aug u r not in Mumbai Harshad told me. Ya at that time I going to kerela. He said thank u so much guys but there is surprise for u also. I wrote a special number on IF on my b'day so u can talk with me on 22 aug. Wow gr8.
He aking me about who wrote analysis on IF she wrote awesome analysis. I said vandana ya she write directly from her heart. ya very true, where she live. She live in noida. He asking what about prerna? she is busy in studies .
I told visit ur FC we created ur kunal fc. He said really.  You don't know about ur fc. I thought u came as silent reader i also left offline message visit ur fc n gave the link also on ur ym. Ohh actually there is prob in my laptop so  i operate via mobile tuo mobile maine speed nahi meelti hai my ym not open. 
Pooja gave chocolate to Kunal. He said i gave to harshad but harshad like fruits n nuts chocolate. He said harshad koi bhi chocolate doo sab achi lagti hai LOL  meeta bahut pasad hai ..lol LOL 
We click so many pics. I told on IF we all started celebrate ur b'day from the end of july. He gave such a sweet smile abhi se ya abhi se. thank u so much for ur love.
He is really so cute. Kunal is really sweet person.

SPECIAL MESSAGE FROM KUNAL ON LRL FORUM.
Hey ppl...there are times in everyone's lives when for a second everything comes to a stand still...all sounds, visions,smell...even your heart...for a second only...its like when there arent any words left that you could use to express what u feelin...in fact you arent even lookin for words...when you just, simply "feel"...thats wats happening right now to me...and thank you is definitely too small a gesture to return...perhaps..all i can say...is..that...i'll love you all for this moment...its the biggest grandest and the most lovely gift i could ever get... 
KUNAL KARAN KAPOOR...yudi

Kunal Kapoor wrote:
and yes delo...i just checked the fc...its awesome...thank you sooo ooo ooo ooomuch guys...love ya'll

Kunal Kapooor:

allrite guys...i guess i'll have to scoot now...sue's waiting...and to ensure my day goes well i did better get back...or else  ...and once again...thank you so much all of you...i am gonna keep visiting and will try to answer whenever posible...just wish this love never ceases...love you all... 

Another message to a fan:

hey...i am so glad you like yudi and yes no one can change huda...that apart i really appreciate the kinda work u guys put in at the forums...thank you so much...love u guys..

wish u all the best for your life too...may u always do well too unless u call me SIR!!! again!

...u take care...                                                                           

KUNAL KARAN KAPOOR.

The meeting,

Kunal- yup d superhero but this time he was having some sprain in his leg so he wasn't able to stand tooo...ne ways he remembered me n my frnds from d last visit...when i told him i hve got a sweet gift tat is cake for him he was so happy n couldn't say nothing but a sweet thanks i said its for him n pri n wished him happy b'day in advance...he shares his b'day wid my frnd Anita n co-incidence is he said even my mother's name is "anita" n he said "u r my sweetheart"
"surprise for IF"""- Kunal is a silent reader on IF...n he has got all d praises for us...n specially d analysis written by vandu are his fav...so here is for vandu...u made us proud n kunal said i love reading d analysis...
nxt is kunal is gonna visit d IF n give a no. so that all can wish him on tat number.

Kunal Karan Kapoor's reply...

Hey swathi, 
                i am very well and grinning like an idiot after reading your mail.thank you so much. u've really made my day,which is yet to come,as its 4 in the morning...lol...anyways...u'll have to pardon me as i tend to stray off from the subject being discussed on my stupid wanderings,but the good thing is ,i come back...lol...so here i am! 
YUDI will return sometime soon after the second season commences...when...i am unsure.probably he will fool around less and concentrate more on his goal..that will be ud's agenda,but,as life never walks straight,ud's too,it will take a left,right and maybe a left again.The whole point being,things will go awry again,irrespective of people's agenda.hope that answers your question. 
AND YES...frankly i never thought i could do comedy...still dont..my jokes never made anyone laugh...still dont...anyways 
Madonna was damn difficult...very very difficult...took 2 hours for the make up...everyday for like 10 days we took to shoot the whole fresher's ball sequence...i got a bra rash...by the fourth day...my ears would hurt unimaginably due to the gruesome earrings i wore...had to wear 2 stockings in the heat...which would drive me crazy and add to that mosquitoes...i couldnt even scratch lest i wanted the damn stockings to rupture...[finally my angel in disguise-shweta cut open the front so that i could roll them up after a shot] a million other things which i rather not say and of course i had to use hair removing cream before we started...god i hate the stink of it!!! 
the suicide scene was scary for me...it was something that i have never done before...it was the first mjor scene i had wit rajeev...so...pressure!!! my ipod was a big help to screen off the distraction and help me concentrate on the sad things,life has been kind enough to endow upon all of us...actually cried for a good hour before the scene to make my eyes a lil sad...the scene took six hours and i had cried nearly 12 times repeating the moment for the sake of angles that the camera likes...was drained completely by the end...rajeev was great...very co-operative...love him for that..he actually had to go early but he stayed back to finish the scene...the script wasnt very clear so we made our own lines...thanks to the director as well...all in all it was a beautiful experience...so glad all of you liked it...love you... 
india-forums has been a gr8 companion in fact...after every episode i actually used to check wat ppl thot about it...its constant criticism...which is very good...thanks to all of you for puttin in so much effort and energy...love you guys for it...and yes u are more than welcome to share my e-mail id... 

whew! hope i havent bored you...i am on a break rt now and have just returned from my bike trip which was mumbai-north goa-south goa-kolhapur-mahabaleshwar-pune-lonavla-mumbai...quite an experience...1773kms in all...so i am chilling and have lotsa time to myself...hence this e-mail odyssey...also have shot ma new portfolio...gonna put it up on orkut in a week's time..u cld check it out...bye..love ya  

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

As a writer when i sat down to write this article I had no idea how or where I was going to start. In the back of my head I wanted this to be PERFECT' and the very thought was making it harder for me to write. After a few hours I realized that if I was going to think and write this one, i would never be able to even pen the introductory paragraph, so i decided to take Bappa's name, simply start writing and go with the flow !

An extraordinary actor is one who transcends into the skin of the character he plays, leaving the audience dazzled with his brilliant performance and impeccable emoting. They say an actor who can breath life into the character that he plays, making it hard for all who see and differentiate if he is simply acting or truly living the role is definitely "An Actor Par Excellence". It's not every actors cup of tea to make the audience connect with a fictional character that he or she plays... some miserably fail at it, some do an average or above average job and some manage to touch a chord deep within the audience. The actor featuring in this article is one of the few, who has managed to touch that chord with his portrayal of perhaps one of the most brilliantly written characters on Television making it an Iconic. Today as the actor and the character he played, bid adieu we know for sure that this is one void that can never be filled.

The actor is none other than Kunal Karan Kapoor who essayed the role of Mohan Bhatanagar and Vasu Bhau in the NBT Series. Kunal undoubtedly is one of the most supremely talented actors we have today and his portrayal of Mohan/Vasu has been superlative. Right from the moment the Director of NBT said "GO" Kunal has been a delight to watch. His carefully mussed hair, swagger, lazy- unfinished smile and eyes that speak volumes leave nothing but a contented smile on your face. You see Kunal and you immediately connect it with quality work and realize that this is what it feels like, to watch a flawless performance. The way he emotes, expresses, his body language and his innate ability to live the character is what gives him an edge over his contemporaries. He is one of the few actors who can bring about the varied nuances of the character he plays or should I say live?

If an actor can capture the attention and interest of the audience, in other words make a connect with them, without letting it drop even for a second the task assigned to him/her as an actor is accomplished. Every time Kunal donned the role of Mohan or of Vasu he managed to skilfully accomplish this task. Like said above Kunal does not essay his character, he lives them and while doing so he does not let even a random moment pass by, without grabbing it and bringing it to life. Sometimes it makes you voice out loud that "Hey it's just a TV series for God's sakes" but that's Kunal Karan Kapoor for you. One cannot help but admire and appreciate Kunal's ability to make a lasting Impact when compared to the far more promoted actors we have today. From his depiction of the slightest emotions, that glistens in his eyes , to the facial expressions , dialogue delivery with perfect voice modulations, the various gestures...in short everything about Mohan and Vasu just leaves you or left you spellbound.

Mohan a reporter/editor in chief and Vasu a local don were shining examples of the word "Imperfectly-Perfect". Both these characters were flawed yet perfect...they messed up things in their own ways yet there was something heroic about them. To write a character on paper is one thing, to bring it alive on screen is another and as an actor what Kunal has done, they way he has interpreted and given varied dimensions to the characters he portrayed is indescribable.

Kunal's scenes with everybody be it with Dushyant (Guru), Akanksha (Megha), Ashnoor/Jayshree (Nanhi) etc had a life of its own. Scenes like the one where Mohan gets to do the Spiderman-Chavanni Special on Holi after the two apply color on each other, you can see the happiness break through from within him after 12 Years. When Megha accuses Mohan of moving on in life, getting married to RJ's Mom you can feel the anger and hurt because of what she said seeping through. While screaming at Guru because the latter stopped him from drinking (Excessively) you know why he has resorted to such bitterness. In short Kunal is can pull of any scene effortlessly, but he is simply phenomenal in emotional scenes and manages to leave a lasting Impression every time.

For example...when Mohan stayed away from Megha for 12 Long Years because of a promise he made, the Void in his life could be seen in his eyes...Yes! He did laugh, he did joke because of his Jaan (Rim Jhim) but the pain that lay hidden beneath was somehow palpable from across the screen. When Mohan sat in a corner of his room and cried out loud because of a pain that was too deep-seated and tangled all the way (After learning that Addu refused to come home because of his hatred for Mohan) living rooms were flooded with tears and audience were praying that his pain be soothed. In the scene where Vasu grabs Megha by her arm and pulls her towards him, his eyes fighting the tears that threatened to spill before her but still urging Megha to say something, ask something "Pooch na , Kuch Bhi" you can measure the turmoil going inside him who verbally asked her to leave but wished that she wouldn't. The devastated look on Vasu's face when he fails to recollect who he was even after knowing the truth and admitting it to Megha...the impact of Kunal's performance isn't something that can be described in words.

When he smiles through his tears, like for instance the Indore railway station dream seq or the Meghan first meet after 12 long years amidst the Shivratri Procession the you can see hope, joy, warmth etc mixed with the pain in his eyes and I am yet to come across an actor who can do it as effectively as Kunal. Be it Mohan or Vasu if his tears tug your heart at the same time his smile soothes that very pain. In NBT-2 last episode when he meets the other members of his Family (Video Chat) you can witness a TRAILER, yes a trailer of sorts of the acting range that this actor is capeable of. If Jiji Bua's brought a smile to his face, Nanhi's very sight and her talks paved way for tears and finally when Renu Bhabhi who was always at loggerheads with him asks him to come home and if he would if she asked him to...Vasu simply nods his head and walks away. The pain, helplessness, fear everything Vasu was going through at that particular moment and finally hugging Megha and crying his heart out was a sight to behold.

Kunal's biggest strength as an actor is that is one of the actual few who can emote amazingly well through eyes. Trust me not all can do this. I can cite a 100 examples or maybe even more where Kunal did not have a single dialogue, in perhaps some of the most crucial/life altering situations in the show and still it was always he, who made us realize and experience the gravity of the situation. One of the most beautiful sequence to cite as an example would be the classic confession scene of Megha (Season 1). The Moment she said "I Love You" he is shocked... stunned... left speechless at the latest development in his life. Somewhere he is unsure if he heard it right...the feeling does not sink inside even after she hugs him but the moment he hugs her back you know that he wants nothing more but the world to just stop right there. Kunal managed to take the viewers through the vortex of feelings that Mohan was experiencing without even uttering a Word. What he said with just his eyes could not be summed up as equivocally in a thousand lines of dialogue.

Kunal played the role of Mohan Bhatnagar with great lan, when this character was thrown off a cliff bringing it to and end viewers were left heartbroken. After two episodes, a lot of side shots and long shots, when Kunal made his come back in a brand new- never expected avatar of Vasu, someone who was the complete opposite of Mohan the viewers couldn't help but take pride in the fact that they were KKK's Fans. Eyes adorned with khol, a red tilak, a tooth pick that kept dancing in his mouth, a sleek tapori attitude and a persona that commanded respect and invoked fear. The switch was perfect and smooth but what was impressive about it was that Kunal had to be merciless as Vasu Bhau and still retain Mohan's heart with all it's goodness. For many portraying one character and making it memorable is challenging enough, Kunal went one step ahead and portrayed Vasu Bhau a local but powerful don in the same show making it equally memorable.

Only once in a while do we come across an actor who makes you cross the abyss between real and reel, makes you feel that you are a part of his story and living it with him. I am sure everybody will agree with me when I say that I am thankful to the Makers of NBT for giving us such wonderful characters (Mohan & Vasu) and somebody as talented as Kunal to do it because nobody could have done a better Job. I really don't think any adjective from the English dictionary can ever describe the standard of performance that this actor delivered episode after episode during NBT's run (1 & 2). In fact it would be simply unfair to confine his acting ability in words, as it would do no justice to it.

In the end I would simply reaffirm the quote "A good actor is one who outshines himself every time he delivers a performance" and thus there is no denying the fact that Kunal Karan Kapoor is indeed An actor par Excellence.

Author: Vijitha Rajan
Telly Tadka

Ani_La_Iam thumbnail

Some hard to find old articles on Kunal Karan Kapoor - 2013

Kunal Karan Kapoor: I sorely miss those carefree days and the fun we used to have with friends. I am sure everyone had this man outside school selling amla and other chatpata stuff which, even after being warned by our parents, we used to enjoy eating (laughs). Also playing in the orchids and eating ripe mangoes with friends was so much fun. I was completely an outdoor lover and used to just run around every day. I also miss having kala khatta cola a lot which I can't have now

Kunal Karan Kapoor: Frankly speaking, I have never sent or received a telegram in the whole of my life. So my last telegram will be to myself as I will never get a chance again.

Kunal Karan Kapoor: I am frightened of snakes; they are so slithery and vicious. Recently, I was in the tropical forest of Cambodia, it was evening time and I was on my way back to my hotel when I saw a gigantic snake. Seeing it, I was horrified. I was all alone and by God's grace, it did not do anything and passed by.

Yesterday messaged the link of our NBT newsletter to Kunal Karan Kapoor and in reply he wrote this.
Kunal:
thanks a lot...if u can, pls do convey my thanks to the guys at India-Forums...no one discusses shows, the way u guys do.. feels like being at the vortex...
Sakhi:
Great to hear from you Kunal!  it definitely made my day and your message sure is going to make the day of people at IF. Stay blessed!
Kunal:
u too. u guys make my day everyday  jus dat i dont mention and quietly take it in as blessings.

Kunal said:
I was in the stubble look when I met the producers of Na Bole..and they loved the look. Now it has been so long that sometimes I itch to shave it off and feel my face without the hair. My dad also says, "Gunda lag raha hai ! Why don't U shave it off and look presentable." But most of the girls I know like it.