Ruhaan coming off as shallow

Posted: 4 years ago
I know this post will not be appreciated by a majority of fans here as most of them seem to be hardcore mishaan shippers as of late. But this needs to be said.
I have a question exclusively for Ruhaan. What exactly is it about mishti that you are so attracted to except her beauty ? What do you know about her in the first place ? What qualities of her have you so smitten that you are willing to betray a friend to have her for yourself ? Except lust. That is. 
As a season one watcher of silsila the one thing that totally made me hate kundini was that kunal fell for her after rain dance and kheer. But even then there was more because he was her emotional support from rajveer.(Still hated their guts)
But yaha toh woh bhi nahi hai. There have been zero bonding moments for mishaan so far. Zero. Only tashan . Outright humiliation. Khule baal and kisses. Bhai Ruhaan tu itne pe ispe mar mitne ko taiyaar hai. 
The thing that irks me the most is he is very blatant about his want for mishti and he is not even fighting it as hard as mishti. This man is willing to take his friend's girl on the basis of attraction alone. Nahi socho. Imagine gender reversal. Imagine Ruhaan as a girl who is pushing herself onto her friend's boyfriend because she is attracted to him. Unsettling na ?
This is what is turning me completely off the character of Ruhaan especially.
I am not going to hold mishti to fault because she really is trying her best to fight the attraction.
But really. It is basic decency. Do not make moves on your friend's woman or man. That makes you a scumbag. Especially when they are saying no.
Anyways if mishaan is what is in store for us then I need more interactions between them. More heart to heart and mutual understanding. Because right now this is looking like a lust fest. And mishti deserves better
whatever u said about ruhaan is 100 percent right..

this is for ruhaan..

Edited by ria_9 - 4 years ago
Yeah, I kind of agree. Mishti is fighting it off so much harder than he is. And I get that he is attracted to Mishti, she is absolutely stunning, but he should have tried to distance himself farther as soon as he found out that she is Veer's fiance.

I watched that episode in a hurry so can someone please explain why he abandoned his plan to leave their house after encountering sleeping Mishti? He acknowledged that his feelings for Mishti were not cool and packed his bags to leave, what made him stay back?!
I am not able to connect to Mishaan because of the betrayal involved here.

Ruhaan is supposed to be Veer's childhood friend. Veer is the one who got ruhaan into his Fiances house. He trusts Ruhaan 100%. I dont care what Ruhaan feel for Mishti, he needs to get out of that house and away from their lives in lghtning speed.

Coming to Mishti, she is saying I love you to veer, romancing Veer. She absolutely need to talk to Veer immediately about this new situation and either break it up with Veer or decide to fight it with Veer's help, get Ruhaan out of the house etc

Both of them need to think abt Veer and put themselves in his shoes. They need to let Veer know. Period.
I have been saying this since a while now that MishAan doesn't seem right and there are a number of reasons and not just one 
1. Ruhan is Veer's childhood friend, veer kept him in his friend's house ad he trusts him and also trusts Mishti 

2. MishVeer are a happy commitment couple and so far makers haven't shown anything to indicate that they are unhappy with each othet or there is something missing in their relation contrary to few people's assumptions...Mishti never once said or felt thst she is unhappy 

3. Veer is Gem ! He tries to do evetyhting that a guy can to make her fiance happy...he is a great guy who loves her as well as carws about her fam.

4. MishAan lack depth ! So far they don't know each other...they didn't have a single conversation thst have a connect or any sort of bonding 

5. They seem to be based on physical attraction more than anything 

6. Ruhan seems to be least bothered about Veer 

7. I can't root for a couple foundation of which is based on breaking someone's trust , commitment and heart 

They just don't feel right or organic but simply based on physical attraction as of now 
Ok there's a lot to Mishty that a man can be attracted to. Apart from being beautiful, she's a strong caring woman, she's very warm hearted , she takes care of her whole family, she's responsible and intelligent, she'll do anything for her family and friends ...like Today we saw in the Heat, she waits for a taxi to take her out of her way to help a family friends daughter get school,admission. Now ruhaan is living in the same house as her ...for a while now ..I'm not sure but in the program it could be at least a month,.so ruhaan is seeing all her good qualities and yesterday he told pari that he does know that mishty has a good heart. unfortunately silsila writers don't know how to write heart to heart dialogues ...apart from Mauli and a little bit from Ishaan we never really got good monologues from the actors telling us about their feelings . It's season 2 now and we still don't know what went wrong with Mauli and kunals marriage because they never gave Kunal any dialogues to explain; this. Similarly we are not getting monologues from ruhaan telling us what he likes about mishty. Yes the other day when she said sorry and thank you ...he said to himself that she gave him a special feeling or moment ..or something like that ..and we are only now getting some monlogues from her about how she feels about ruhaan. So that's a big shortcoming in silsila ..the lack of communication with. The viewers from the actors via monologues ..and hence the actors come across as shallow because we dont really know their feelings..Hope the writers improve in this aspect...
Originally posted by Heisenberg23

Yeah, I kind of agree. Mishti is fighting it off so much harder than he is. And I get that he is attracted to Mishti, she is absolutely stunning, but he should have tried to distance himself farther as soon as he found out that she is Veer's fiance.

I watched that episode in a hurry so can someone please explain why he abandoned his plan to leave their house after encountering sleeping Mishti? He acknowledged that his feelings for Mishti were not cool and packed his bags to leave, what made him stay back?!

@bold This scene was so poorly executed by CV's. Of course CV's need to make him stay back for story to progress , but they haven't reasoned out it well. They have shown it that Ruhaan just looked at her once before leaving then thinks he couldn't leave- If he had felt that he couldn't leave her, then this very same feeling was supposed to be the reason for him to leave.

But then again I don't feel him as shallow , I don't find him making any move as of now.
Edited by .SSSS. - 4 years ago
Originally posted by .SSS.

[/DIV]

@bold This scene was so poorly executed by CV's. Of course CV's need to make him stay back for story to progress , but they haven't reasoned out it well. They have shown it that Ruhaan just looked at her once before leaving then thinks he couldn't leave- If he had felt that he couldn't leave her, then this very same feeling was supposed to be the reason for him to leave.

But then again I don't feel him as shallow , I don't find him making any move as of now.

Thanks for responding! I was wondering whether I missed something but apparently not lmao. Why did they even show him attempting to leave when they didn't want to show his reasoning for staying back after all :/
Originally posted by Mystique.Kishi

I know this post will not be appreciated by a majority of fans here as most of them seem to be hardcore mishaan shippers as of late. But this needs to be said.
I have a question exclusively for Ruhaan. What exactly is it about mishti that you are so attracted to except her beauty ? What do you know about her in the first place ? What qualities of her have you so smitten that you are willing to betray a friend to have her for yourself ? Except lust. That is.
As a season one watcher of silsila the one thing that totally made me hate kundini was that kunal fell for her after rain dance and kheer. But even then there was more because he was her emotional support from rajveer.(Still hated their guts)
But yaha toh woh bhi nahi hai. There have been zero bonding moments for mishaan so far. Zero. Only tashan . Outright humiliation. Khule baal and kisses. Bhai Ruhaan tu itne pe ispe mar mitne ko taiyaar hai.
The thing that irks me the most is he is very blatant about his want for mishti and he is not even fighting it as hard as mishti. This man is willing to take his friend's girl on the basis of attraction alone. Nahi socho. Imagine gender reversal. Imagine Ruhaan as a girl who is pushing herself onto her friend's boyfriend because she is attracted to him. Unsettling na ?
This is what is turning me completely off the character of Ruhaan especially.
I am not going to hold mishti to fault because she really is trying her best to fight the attraction.
But really. It is basic decency. Do not make moves on your friend's woman or man. That makes you a scumbag. Especially when they are saying no.
Anyways if mishaan is what is in store for us then I need more interactions between them. More heart to heart and mutual understanding. Because right now this is looking like a lust fest. And mishti deserves better

Bang on
Originally posted by Indira1211

Ok there's a lot to Mishty that a man can be attracted to. Apart from being beautiful, she's a strong caring woman, she's very warm hearted , she takes care of her whole family, she's responsible and intelligent, she'll do anything for her family and friends ...like Today we saw in the Heat, she waits for a taxi to take her out of her way to help a family friends daughter get school,admission. Now ruhaan is living in the same house as her ...for a while now ..I'm not sure but in the program it could be at least a month,.so ruhaan is seeing all her good qualities and yesterday he told pari that he does know that mishty has a good heart. unfortunately silsila writers don't know how to write heart to heart dialogues ...apart from Mauli and a little bit from Ishaan we never really got good monologues from the actors telling us about their feelings . It's season 2 now and we still don't know what went wrong with Mauli and kunals marriage because they never gave Kunal any dialogues to explain; this. Similarly we are not getting monologues from ruhaan telling us what he likes about mishty. Yes the other day when she said sorry and thank you ...he said to himself that she gave him a special feeling or moment ..or something like that ..and we are only now getting some monlogues from her about how she feels about ruhaan. So that's a big shortcoming in silsila ..the lack of communication with. The viewers from the actors via monologues ..and hence the actors come across as shallow because we dont really know their feelings..Hope the writers improve in this aspect...

Hey, nicely written. Even I felt that I can see how he is falling for her day by day, its not definitely just her beauty. That's fine if he doesn't have monologues, here and there these kind of dialogues will be enough as of now like how he said to Pari that he knows Mishti.  And I am sure it will be that one moment when he just confesses totally what exactly he feels for Mishti , that will be worth watching. You know, even Mishti wasn't having monologues why she was obsessed about commitment and then one day she totally said it all how she feels about her Dad and  she doesn't want herself or her Partner to be in the place of Mauli or Ishaan. I think until they are giving monologues, about how a character is behaving in certain way, its just a build up

Note: Believe me it will be really boring if we have to listen Ruhaan thinking:   how good Mishti is.. how strong and independent Misti is and how nice she is with her family... Ok therefore  of all these qualities I am liking her...😆   Feelings are so random and complex, and it will take some time to make sense.. I feel its better to give some time to CV's
Edited by .SSSS. - 4 years ago