Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Sofna

P.S Can someone enlighten me is Dri foster bro Romi and P right hand Bichoo being played by the same actor? 
As in double role? They look + sound exactly the same to me.

Now that you pointed it out, I started wondering about the same thing. But in one of the latest BTS sequences, both of them were in the same frame - bichoo with Pshachini as wedding guests and Romi (never caught his name) with Guruji's disciple disguised as workers. So I guess two different actors and no double role.
Edited by pritirays - 5 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
I feel only rakshit can break Divya's bubble or show her reality coz she is refusing 2 see d reality. I m shocked she never thought whether rakshit wants 2 marry her or not.
Till now rakshit is asking others 2 keep divya away from him like ge asked from drishti & shikhar but still divya is after him.

If after marriage also divya continues her obsession 4 rakshit then i dont mind rakshit showing her d mirror which will definately bring her back 2 real life.

I know rakshit confronting divya will not gud coz he is a no nonsense guy.
AnnaSloan thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Oh, thank god! I thought I was the only one! 

It's okay to be bubbly, cheerful and having fun all the time - I am all for those characters. What I don't like is brattish behaviour, the arrogance, and the lack of understanding of anyone else's feelings. The only time I see hope in that she will change is when she is using her magic to save people - period. 

Divya needs to be brought down on earth and shown the reality. Like, someone said above, her character has no substance and if they develop it from now on, it will be more towards obsession towards Rakshit and more negativity towards Drishti. So I don't think the character is going to develop in a positive light anytime soon. If anything, it might just get worse - at least till she accepts Drishti is her sister. 
Edited by AnnaSloan - 5 years ago
RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: sammy17

Divya's character is neither refreshing either through. The role of a OTT, hyper and selfish brat of a girl who seems to be ignorant about the most obvious of things, like the guy she's obsessing over can't stand her or drishti telling her something that only drishti herself would know yet still refusing to accept what drishti is saying because of her desperation to marry the wealthy rakshit makes her a character with no substance. 

Her character has zero substance and no actual redeeming qualities apart from not being a goody-goody like typical female leads, but that doesn't make her character enjoyable, relateable or make you care about how she feels or understand what she does, which is what a successfully well-written character is meant to compel viewers to feel. 

Different audiences have different perspectives. :)

So if I find her enjoyable, I do and if you don't then you don't.  

She needs a reality check for sure. But that's the fun.The writers definitely need to work on her character in plenty but I don't seem to understand why so much hate. She will grow up once she's hurt, broken and cheated and that is one process I as viewer am totally looking forward to.
Complex characters impress some viewers more than love-stories, and hence if they make her grey they must do it well, like you said the writers must compel the audience to it.
Nobody steps an inch outside their bubble until something happens for them to do so.
The 'substance' is what you attain. To say everyone is born with it is ruining any complexity in the making.

About being selfish, that is exactly what will come around to bite D and man, I can't wait for it.
Edited by RapChick101 - 5 years ago
magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: RapChick101

Different audiences have different perspectives. :)

So if I find her enjoyable, I do and if you don't then you don't.  

She needs a reality check for sure. But that's the fun.The writers definitely need to work on her character in plenty but I don't seem to understand why so much hate. She will grow up once she's hurt, broken and cheated and that is one process I as viewer am totally looking forward to.
Complex characters impress some viewers more than love-stories, and hence if they make her grey they must do it well, like you said the writers must compel the audience to it.
Nobody steps an inch outside their bubble until something happens for them to do so.
The 'substance' is what you attain. To say everyone is born with it is ruining any complexity in the making.

About being selfish, that is exactly what will come around to bite D and man, I can't wait for it.

Yes, Different audiences have different perspectives. Frankly speaking this marriage drama in beginning only  has already spoiled my some interest in show bur some here are looking forward to it , it all depends on perspective. And if i say here something about Drishti also some will not like it . Drishti don't know whether Divya will like her marriage with Shikhar or not, is she comfortable or not. What Divya feels after marriage  I know Divya here is childish because she is a pampered girl but we will definitely see her growth in story and that is something suspenseful. I do not hate any character and yes Divya is a complicated character and will definetely change in future. 
Edited by magicalM - 5 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
Do complex character dont have any base ? As far what i had seen complex characters do have a base but i fail 2 see any base 4 divya's so called obsession 4 rakshit .
Shikhar marrying divya without her knowledge , its karma biting back divya , she getting what she was doing with rakshit, she never bothered 2 know whether rakshit wants 2 marry her or likes her or i say she already know rakshit dont like her . Shikhar also did d same with divya. 

Why its wrong ?

Stealing things in fair not come under bubbly or chirpy characters , 

Yes divya help people but most of d time she misuses her powers

I against drishti 2 regarding bride swap , its fine she wanted 2 save divya but it dont give her licence 2 cheat rakshit

If shikhar is not negative then  he is playful& gud character , but at same time he really cares 4 his brother rakshit & 4 rakshit only he married divya coz she was not ready 2 leave rakshit alone.

Not only this forum but on insta also people connect less with divya coz makers r busy spoiling her character 

Pischani herself said divya is like her & piachani definately is not layered character.

As divya had life of comfort so she luvs 2 live in dillusion but someone really need 2 burst her bubble of dillusion so that divya come back 2 normal & real life , if divya continued her obsession 4 rakshit after marriage then i hope rakshit do d honour of giving divya reality check 

Nyra said in press conference that divya is a very pampered child 

Best will be pischani confronting divya 4 her so called deeds , claim that divya is like her , divya will definately get d reality check that what she is doing coz divya hate pischani.

I hope makers start developing divya's character & stop damaging her .
I like Nyra but its hurt me d way she is being portrayed .
Edited by deepikagupta9 - 5 years ago
SK1509 thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Divya is probably one of the most realistic female Indian daily soap leads around at the moment (which says a lot lol!). She's a doer, she's instinctive, she's cocky, she knows what she wants and tries her hardest to get it (and isn't bothered by failure).

In most other Indian daily shows Divya's character would have been male as people view the above characteristics as negative in female leads.

But I think from a character perspective she is written in a far better way than Drishti

Having seen some of the female-power shows Star Plus seems to have rolled out specifically for younger audiences recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Divya becomes the main lead at some point / Drishti also becomes more like her sister.

Edited by SK1509 - 5 years ago
Fruitcustard_9 thumbnail
I earlier denied but now i 2 started feeling this , one of forummate shared this that drishti will always be focussed more than divya thou both r leads but as serial name is divyadrishti which means divine vision , this power belong 2 drishti , even very first promo only drishti was promoted with pischani not divya, 

First main lead is drishti & second lead is Divya

This can be d one of reason 4 d makers for not developing divya's character.

Its unfair 2 divya's character , i hope makers dont repeat story of swaragini where swara was promoted as positive lead & ragini was turned negative 4 trp issues.
Edited by deepikagupta9 - 5 years ago
RapChick101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: magicalM

Yes, Different audiences have different perspectives. Frankly speaking this marriage drama in beginning only  has already spoiled my some interest in show bur some here are looking forward to it , it all depends on perspective. And if i say here something about Drishti also some will not like it . Drishti don't know whether Divya will like her marriage with Shikhar or not, is she comfortable or not. What Divya feels after marriage  I know Divya here is childish because she is a pampered girl but we will definitely see her growth in story and that is something suspenseful. I do not hate any character and yes Divya is a complicated character and will definetely change in future. 

I think you must say whatever you have in your mind. There's nothing to be concerned about. It's a show and everyone is subject to their own likes/dislikes.

For me, I like Drishti but I just don't like the way the writers are shaping up the Drishti-Rakshit love story even though I love how they look together and everything (also since I started watching this show for Adhvik, I expect the makers to understand that it takes more than an eye-lock or a fall-catch moment for the chemistry to blow the audiences' mind).

Coming back to D, I would love for the writer to make her grey. Grey not black, because her character doesn't hold the potential of having a full fledged dark release. She can remain grey all along, just that her childishness needs a lot more base. Let's see.😉
RapChick101 thumbnail

Originally posted by: SK1509

Divya is probably one of the most realistic female Indian daily soap leads around at the moment (which says a lot lol!). She's a doer, she's instinctive, she's cocky, she knows what she wants and tries her hardest to get it (and isn't bothered by failure).

In most other Indian daily shows Divya's character would have been male as people view the above characteristics as negative in female leads.

But I think from a character perspective she is written in a far better way than Drishti

Having seen some of the female-power shows Star Plus seems to have rolled out specifically for younger audiences recently, I wouldn't be surprised if Divya becomes the main lead at some point / Drishti also becomes more like her sister.

@Bold: Exactly. 

That is exactly the point.

It's just that people are used to stereotypes and hence they're all so anti-D.

I mean for all I care, Divya's got the spunk while Drishti as a character is so common and stereotypical.