Divya is getting on my nerves

pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
After watching today's episode, I am literally pissed off! Yaar ye Divya kitni 😡 ðŸ¤¬

I hated the way she was addressing Drishti, just because she is the PA. Even Rakshit's mother does not treat Drishti this way, and ye divya abhi family ka part bhi nahin bani and bhav abhi se khane lagi.

He does like Rakshit due to his wealth! ðŸ¤¢

And to add to everything - she blasted out Drishti like ???? Itna gussa kis baat ka aa raha tha usko? Did she not think that why is Drishti saying things to her, which only her di knew? Totally ridiculous. I don't have even an ounce of sympathy with this girl. The flashbacks of her past to reflect her pain, is just not connecting with me because of her attitude. It is different to be bubbly and chirpy v. what Divya is - she is cheap, super selfish, despo and can harm others just to get her way. 

Here Lavanya did not love Rakshit, but what if she did? How will Divya justify what she did to Lavanya just to get married to Rakshit? And the writers are letting ehr get away with this trick she played! How ridiculous!

Why are they showing one of the female leads in such negative way?

Am absolutely hating Divya's character sketch and the dislike is increasing with her every antics. The only sensible thing she did was the attack on Pishachini.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sofna thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Being the younger twin, I believe they've shown Divya to be impulsive, immature and a tad 'deceptive/mischievous' in a non harmful way. She did after all let go of her sister's hand on the train at that young a age.
The actress is portraying it well.
I haven't watched all her scenes so I can't say much.
 I prefer seeing flawed characters after too many 'perfect' one's on tv ðŸ˜†

Seeing Shekhars character I have a feeling they're both very similar, childish and not serious on the outside, but are perceptive when required. Their external immaturity hides the depthness to their character.

Waiting to see the change in this  after the marriage revelation.

P.S Can someone enlighten me is Dri foster bro Romi and P right hand Bichoo being played by the same actor? 
As in double role? They look + sound exactly the same to me.
sravss thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Divya is should implusive and a selfish character from the beginning...The real game starts when D and Dri get together as theirs powers will enhance...So they can not be together that easily, it will take time...D will in turn get negative after this marriage ...Even starplus released a poster saying now the powers will clash in which D and Dri are facing each other... 
magicworld thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
I think we should wait for Divya character to develop fully as there are many layers to her character. At the end shows are for entertainment purpose and not think too much. Just enjoy the story with flow.😊 Main advantage of this show is this is weekend show so chances are there for more quality episodes.Edited by magicalM - 5 years ago
kaku17 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I don't dislike Div but I'm increasingly getting fed up of her tantrums. Though I like her child like enthusiasm to impress Raks,  like when she was getting ready she asked Dri if Raks would like the way she got dressed for him as his bride. I  d I'd feel bad for her then She's so much in to her own world that she's unable to comprehend that Raks give a rats a** to her.  For Raks she's just an annoying pest.  When she'll realize this she'll be heartbroken though she'll recover soon as she's not in love with Raks.  She just wants him at any cost cuz he fits in to her idea of " prince Charming "
RapChick101 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
On the contrary, I am enjoying the impulsiveness and immaturity D is showing.
It's not only more refreshing than Dri's constant portrayal of a stereotypical TV lead, but it also shows how D will have a complex character which will make her situationally grey shaded, which I would personally loveee see ðŸ˜†

Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
Lavanya was never even shown to be bad or do anything bad till date apart form her being irritated by divya and her perving on her to-be husband. Divya is more negative than pisachni. ðŸ¤¢ I actually like pisachni, although I know there are may who don't, but divya is just an insufferably selfish, manipulative, rude and haughty girl who has zero consideration or respect for anyone. ðŸ¤¢
Miss-Behave thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: magicalM

I think we should wait for Divya character to develop fully as there are many layers to her character. At the end shows are for entertainment purpose and not think too much. Just enjoy the story with flow.😊 Main advantage of this show is this is weekend show so chances are there for more quality episodes.

Divya's character is neither refreshing either through. The role of a OTT, hyper and selfish brat of a girl who seems to be ignorant about the most obvious of things, like the guy she's obsessing over can't stand her or drishti telling her something that only drishti herself would know yet still refusing to accept what drishti is saying because of her desperation to marry the wealthy rakshit makes her a character with no substance. 

Her character has zero substance and no actual redeeming qualities apart from not being a goody-goody like typical female leads, but that doesn't make her character enjoyable, relateable or make you care about how she feels or understand what she does, which is what a successfully well-written character is meant to compel viewers to feel. 
pritirays thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sammy17

Lavanya was never even shown to be bad or do anything bad till date apart form her being irritated by divya and her perving on her to-be husband. Divya is more negative than pisachni. ðŸ¤¢ I actually like pisachni, although I know there are may who don't, but divya is just an insufferably selfish, manipulative, rude and haughty girl who has zero consideration or respect for anyone. ðŸ¤¢

Pishachini is idiotic evil lady ðŸ˜† but tolerable and at times funny as well. Her motive is clear.

Divya to ðŸ¤¬ ... I want to see her go through same problems with magnified proportions as she has created for others. Let her be cheated, lied on, backstabbed and misunderstood. Let her face the harsh realities of life and let someone be bold enough to tell what she is. I so wish they may bring back Vidya, maybe even as a memory who will be shown disappointed in her younger daughter because she has grown up into this selfish wicked brat! Because there is no one else Divya seems to care about.

Lavanya was not a negative character, selfish yes, but not negative. She did not harm anyone or lied to anyone. She was not likable in general but then she is not the lead.