Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hotchic thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 5 years ago
He should have done Saare Jahan se Achha.
Haila_tu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Hereiamtoo

I wonder with whom Aamir wants to shake hands in the movie...

Joke aside, he may base his movie on Winston Groom's book where Forest is  an "idiot savant". The movie with Tom Hanks took certain liberties the book doesn't feature.
Well, if ever he makes this movie, I really hope he adapts the novel and not the film.

Hope not. One of the rare times the movie is so much better than the book. The book Gump you feel no empathy for, he's a beast of a man, selfish. The mother son relationship isn't explored and he goes to outer space with an orangutan in the book. Just silly. It must be the movie. 
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Hereiamtoo

I wonder with whom Aamir wants to shake hands in the movie...

Joke aside, he may base his movie on Winston Groom's book where Forest is  an "idiot savant". The movie with Tom Hanks took certain liberties the book doesn't feature.
Well, if ever he makes this movie, I really hope he adapts the novel and not the film.

Speaking of Idiot savant wish they would remake Rainman instead (I mean since they always are itching to copy something from HW anyway)

He could play the role of Dustin Huffman,

SRK as TomCruise
TotalBetty thumbnail
Gulshan Kumar biopic, Mahabharata, Rakesh Sharma biopic - all are original Indian stories

Is that why BW actors are not that keen on that projects  😛
Edited by BettyA1 - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Haila_tu

Hope not. One of the rare times the movie is so much better than the book. The book Gump you feel no empathy for, he's a beast of a man, selfish. The mother son relationship isn't explored and he goes to outer space with an orangutan in the book. Just silly. It must be the movie. 

I know this and castaway were made from the books written by the same author but never got to read them, just watching those movies itself is super satisfying!

So the book had Gump traveling to the outer space with an Orangutan?I doubt Aamir is looking to make 0.2- :)

Originally posted by: BettyA1

Speaking of Idiot savant wish they would remake Rainman instead (I mean since they always are itching to copy something from HW anyway)

He could play the role of Dustin Huffman,

SRK as TomCruise

Please! As if Rainman is some classic...enough of exploiting the disabilities of the real people for some cinematic kick!
TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: cricketfan1

Please! As if Rainman is some classic...enough of exploiting the disabilities of the real people for some cinematic kick!

But you're okay with Forrest Gump remake?
TotalBetty thumbnail
Insiead of American football, Indian Forrest would play Cricket I guess

Juhi in Sally Field's character and Fatima in Robin Wright's role

Forrest shakes hands with Nehru, Shastri, Indira

Not sure what scandal could replace Watergate... Emergency?

In the movie, Forrest Gump was responsible for revealing Watergate scandal to the world which resulted in President Nixon's resignation 

Originally posted by: BettyA1

But you're okay with Forrest Gump remake?

Forrest has no disabilities per say... He is a person of marginal intelligence, which is not a disability...no? Not everyone has an iQ of a genius, no?
TotalBetty thumbnail
Forrest Gump was both physically and mentally handicapped but overcomes both to attain so much success most geniuses can only dream of.

That's possible only in America... That's what the move is about. It's funny, sad and sweet at the same time... It's also a satire of America life

He was born with crooked spine, so has to wear leg braces. He overcomes it by running fast (bcz of Jenny's encouragement) and later becomes a expert runner

He's IQ is so low he's not even allowed to attend elementary school with other students until his mother's "encounter" with the school principal 

Although the movie doesn't spell it out, he exhibits symptoms of Autism or Asperger syndrome (He is not officially diagnosed, but that's how it was in entertainment until recent times)

Forrest's literal interpretation of speech, his excellence in things that follows a rigid patterns, his unbelievable ability to maintain a singular focus (his ping pong skills)

He takes everything literally for eg

When Lyndon Johnson jokes I'd like to see the wound in his buttocks he bends down and shows him...

But thanks to his mother, he never thinks of himself as handicapped

Edited by BettyA1 - 5 years ago