Webseries| Bilal Abbas Khan |Madiha Imam| Mehreen Jabbar |Umera Ahmed

Posted: 5 years ago
Bilal is currently working with Mehreen Jabbar on an unnamed webseries. This is written by Umera Ahmed. It also stars Madiha Imam and Furqan Qureshi. I will update the details as soon as I get some ðŸ˜Š

Edited by Bilal24x7 - 5 years ago

So excited for this one :)
I hate this webseries trend.😡
i hate this web series trend :@
I love webseries!! Thats the future.. happy with the trend that at least Pakistan is waking up to changing times...coming from Mehreen Umera it would be special! 

With restrictions from PEMRA and the demand of Pakistani domestic tv audience we only got to see saas bahu shows. Also the influence of Humsafar has not worn off yet and we see many regressive stuff on TV. I am happy with Pakistani directors exploring digital platforms some NETFLIX and Amazon Prime junkies like me would be able to see our untold stories & unexplored genres. I love edgy stuff but TRP rating, Pakistani saas bahu demands has made our TV dramas a mess. 

The only proper webseries came out of Pakistan was Enaya with junks like Wajahat Rauf, Mehwish Hayat and Azfar abusing like nothing tomorrow. No PEMRA restriction doesnt mean we should start abusing with maan behn ki gali and look wannabe.. Mehreen is serious with Umera some competent thought provoking writing skills and Bilal is responsible enough not to abuse and say vulgar stuff on digital platform. 

I think Badshah Begum is another show with Imran Ashraf, Iman Ali and Gohar in leads which is coming as webseries! Looking forward to this trend...
@Bilal247 . I respect your pov. I hope this drama offers something new, but I am hating this trend because only few ppl can watch webseries. 
pLUS THEY ARE NOT WATCHABLE WITH FAMILY
Same thoughts guys ...i can pnly watch youtibe in my superslow lappy ...even geo player goes maha slow... so cant other geo shows 

@awida I know and thats the only price we have to pay for quality content. With Web series coming to Pakistan and if successful I am expecting more budget that could be rightfully used for various innovative stories something completely out of saas bahu domain. Tired of all kitchen politics and rona dhona on husbands. 

@heavenlybliss I hope they find a right balance. But again that could only be done with experimenting. As far as this series is concerned big and respectable names are associated.. Also Youtube is web/digital platform too. So it wont make much of a difference for International Audience. Laikin stories at least different hon gi from regular tv shows which has made the Pakistani content a laughing stock.