Trauma of infidelity & Why Mauli deserves a future with Ishan

-poloenigma- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

This is my first post in this forum and probably the last and the reason I'm here is not because i'm deeply invested in these characters,  but because of the concept of the show.  

INFIDELITY. 

this 10 lettered word may not affect a lot of people,  but as a person who has personally seen a loved one go through devastation because of her husband's infidelity,  this word hits home. 

I think we've all heard of the term 'crimes of passion'. People KILL over betrayal. People commit SUICIDE over betrayal. 

An affair,  is NOT a small 'mistake'.  It's destroying the person you vowed to love & protect for life. Making them feel worthless. Making them lose all their sense of self worth.  Making them question their time spent with the wayward spouse. Making them question reality. Betrayal changes a person forever. And no matter what people say, cheating is ABUSIVE. it's impact on the betrayed person's mental health is destructive.  

In this show,  what Kunal did was more than betrayal. He completely crushed mouli's soul. His lust for his mistress blinded him so much so that, he called Mauli,  a 'giri hui aurat',  accused her of faking her pregnancy because she was pregnant with a child he desperately didn't want. It must have killed mauli to know that the unborn in her womb was nothing but 'raaste ka kaata' for her own father's happiness with his mistress. 

But past is past and now Mauli is getting a second chance at happiness. Mishti has  a father she calls her own. Mauli has a person who loves her unconditionally. Why shouldn't she move on? Because she isn't in 'love' with Ishaan? Wasn't she in love with Kunal? Didn't Kunal claim to love her? What did love do to her? It caused her world to collapse.  It destroyed her.  

Love isn't enough. It's never enough. 

The most important things in a marriage are respect,  empathy, LOYALTY and love (whatever that means).  And she deserves to experience that with Ishaan. Because with Kunal, she didn't get to experience that. Kunal was a narcissist. Narcissists use people and them throw them out of their lives when they want something else.  Out with the old & In with the new. They take on a role,  they play people, for years even. They are seen by the society and their spouses as perfect husbands. And then, the bomb goes off, the facade drops. Completely blindsiding their partners. 

Why should mauli go back to Kunal? She doesn't owe him anything. For what? For a child that isn't her own? For her own daughter, who accepts ishaan as her father? 

Today's episode made me happy because Kunal's death didn't affect her the way a broken person gets affected. She was sad for Pari & the Malhotras but nothing more than that. I would to believe that she is finally healing from her past, thanks to her own strength, along with Ishaan's love and support. 

The show is heading towards it's end, and in my opinion the ideal would be Kunal Apologizing to Mauli for all the horrible things he said to her post affair & in her pregnancy & accept that it was HIS own LACK OF CHARACTER which led him to stray, and not any 'kami' in their marriage. Married couples work through their problems, they don't bang their spouses' friends behind their backs & call it 'true love' 🤢

I hope Mauli finally gets that closure and embraces true happiness with Ishaan. His world revolves around Mauli & Mishti. They are his priority. Hopefully,  she will forgive Kunal, put her past behind her and move on with the guy who actually loves her. And maybe years down the line, she can have more kids with Ishaan.

Anyway, that would be MY ideal ending. Have no idea what the CVs have planned, but would like the CVs to portray a positive message. I'm sick of shows where wives accept their cheating husbands.  Hope they show something different this time.  
Edited by -poloenigma- - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -poloenigma-

This is my first post in this forum and probably the last and the reason I'm here is not because i'm deeply invested in these characters,  but because of the concept of the show.  

INFIDELITY. 

this 10 lettered word may not affect a lot of people,  but as a person who has personally seen a loved one go through devastation because of her husband's infidelity,  this word hits home. 

I think we've all heard of the term 'crimes of passion'. People KILL over betrayal. People commit SUICIDE over betrayal. 

An affair,  is NOT a small 'mistake'.  It's destroying the person you vowed to love & protect for life. Making them feel worthless. Making them lose all their sense of self worth.  Making them question their time spent with the wayward spouse. Making them question reality. Betrayal changes a person forever. And no matter what people say, cheating is ABUSIVE. it's impact on the betrayed person's mental health is destructive.  

In this show,  what Kunal did was more than betrayal. He completely crushed mouli's soul. His lust for his mistress blinded him so much so that, he called Mauli,  a 'giri hui aurat',  accused her of faking her pregnancy because she was pregnant with a child he desperately didn't want. It must have killed mauli to know that the unborn in her womb was nothing but 'raaste ka kaata' for her own father's happiness with his mistress. 

But past is past and now Mauli is getting a second chance at happiness. Mishti has  a father she calls her own. Mauli has a person who loves her unconditionally. Why shouldn't she move on? Because she isn't in 'love' with Ishaan? Wasn't she in love with Kunal? Didn't Kunal claim to love her? What did love do to her? It caused her world to collapse.  It destroyed her.  

The most important things in a marriage are respect,  empathy, LOYALTY and love (whatever that means).  And she deserves to experience that with Ishaan. Because with Kunal, she didn't get to experience that. Kunal was a narcissist. Narcissists use people and them throw them out of their lives when they want something else.  Out with the old & In with the new. They take on a role,  they play people, for years even. They are seen by the society and their spouses as perfect husbands. And then, the bomb goes off, the facade drops. Completely blindsiding their partners. 

Why should mauli go back to Kunal? She doesn't owe him anything. For what? For a child that isn't her own? For her own daughter, who accepts ishaan as her father? 

Today's episode made me happy because Kunal's death didn't affect her the way a broken person gets affected. She was sad for Pari & the Malhotras but nothing more than that. I would to believe that she is finally healing from her past, thanks to her own strength, along with Ishaan's love and support. 

The show is heading towards it's end, and in my opinion the ideal would be Kunal Apologizing to Mauli for all the horrible things he said to her post affair & in her pregnancy & accept that it was HIS own LACK OF CHARACTER which led him to stray, and not any 'kami' in their marriage. Married couples work through their problems, they don't bang their spouses' friends behind their backs & call it 'true love' 🤢

I hope Mauli finally gets that closure and embraces true happiness with Ishaan. His world revolves around Mauli & Mishti. They are his priority. Hopefully,  she will forgive Kunal, put her past behind her and move on with the guy who actually loves her. And maybe years down the line, she can have more kids with Ishaan.

Anyway, that would be MY ideal ending. Have no idea what the CVs have planned, but would like the CVs to portray a positive message. I'm sick of shows where wives accept their cheating husbands.  Hope they show something different this time.  

welcome to the forum 😊
i hope this isnt ur last post..
truly loved the @bold part.. 👏
@red -- lovely!! mauli deserves this chance.!! 
i really wish to see her getting her confidence back , confidence to love someone again.. 

nothing more to add to this post as we all ishaali shippers have said all this several times.. but it feels great to see more people coming up in support of mauli accepting this second chance in love..

-poloenigma- thumbnail
@prettywomania

Hey! Thanks for the welcome. I'm back in IF after almost 3 years haha. Yeah I think I will drop by now & then to put my own two cents about the show. The show is ending, so I might as well stick around for some time. 

And about the red highlighted part,  this is something I truly feel.  A marriage needs loyalty, partnership, respect & empathy. And love comes along with that. Love isn't a feeling that one suddenly feels. That is romantic attraction, attachment, infatuation,  lust, emotional dependency,  whatever you call it but not love. 

Love is selfless. Love isn't about wanting someone. And it takes YEARS to know what love is. So I won't go into Mauli loving Ishaan. But what I want is, Mauli to give herself a chance to FIND LOVE with ishaan. It may take years, it may take a lifetime. But the journey along the way will be her happiness,  and she deserves that. 
prettywomaniya thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

@prettywomania

Hey! Thanks for the welcome. I'm back in IF after almost 3 years haha. Yeah I think I will drop by now & then to put my own two cents about the show. The show is ending, so I might as well stick around for some time. 

And about the red highlighted part,  this is something I truly feel.  A marriage needs loyalty, partnership, respect & empathy. And love comes along with that. Love isn't a feeling that one suddenly feels. That is romantic attraction, attachment, infatuation,  lust, emotional dependency,  whatever you call it but not love. 

Love is selfless. Love isn't about wanting someone. And it takes YEARS to know what love is. So I won't go into Mauli loving Ishaan. But what I want is, Mauli to give herself a chance to FIND LOVE with ishaan. It may take years, it may take a lifetime. But the journey along the way will be her happiness,  and she deserves that. 

would love to read ur views.. 😊
i used to say the same that let mauli avail this chance. let her feel that love again.. 
romantic love isnt the base for every marriage.. 
but then mauli said she is compromising as she said love happens once..
i really think she needs to realise that love can happen again with the same intensity but she needs to give it more time.
like u said , it may take years or a lifetime but its a journey of mauli finding happiness so she definitely deserves a second chance.

sancheeta thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

This is my first post in this forum and probably the last and the reason I'm here is not because i'm deeply invested in these characters, but because of the concept of the show.

INFIDELITY.

this 10 lettered word may not affect a lot of people, but as a person who has personally seen a loved one go through devastation because of her husband's infidelity, this word hits home.

An affair, is NOT a small 'mistake'. It's destroying the person you vowed to love & protect for life. Making them feel worthless. Making them lose all their sense of self worth. Making them question their time spent with the wayward spouse. Making them question reality. Betrayal changes a person forever. And no matter what people say, cheating is ABUSIVE. it's impact on the betrayed person's mental health is destructive.

In this show, what Kunal did was more than betrayal. He completely crushed mouli's soul. His lust for his mistress blinded him so much so that, he called Mauli, a 'giri hui aurat', accused her of faking her pregnancy because she was pregnant with a child he desperately didn't want. It must have killed mauli to know that the unborn in her womb was nothing but 'raaste ka kaata' for her own father's happiness with his mistress.

But past is past and now Mauli is getting a second chance at happiness. Mishti has a father she calls her own. Mauli has a person who loves her unconditionally. Why shouldn't she move on? Because she isn't in 'love' with Ishaan? Wasn't she in love with Kunal? Didn't Kunal claim to love her? What did love do to her? It caused her world to collapse. It destroyed her.

The most important things in a marriage are respect, empathy, LOYALTY and love (whatever that means). And she deserves to experience that with Ishaan. Because with Kunal, she didn't get to experience that. Kunal was a narcissist. Narcissists use people and them throw them out of their lives when they want something else. Out with the old & In with the new. They take on a role, they play people, for years even. They are seen by the society and their spouses as perfect husbands. And then, the bomb goes off, the facade drops. Completely blindsiding their partners.

The show is heading towards it's end, and in my opinion the ideal would be Kunal Apologizing to Mauli for all the horrible things he said to her post affair & in her pregnancy & accept that it was HIS own LACK OF CHARACTER which led him to stray, and not any 'kami' in their marriage. Married couples work through their problems, they don't bang their spouses' friends behind their backs & call it 'true love'
🤢

I hope Mauli finally gets that closure and embraces true happiness with Ishaan. His world revolves around Mauli & Mishti. They are his priority. Hopefully, she will forgive Kunal, put her past behind her and move on with the guy who actually loves her. And maybe years down the line, she can have more kids with Ishaan.

Anyway, that would be MY ideal ending. Have no idea what the CVs have planned, but would like the CVs to portray a positive message. I'm sick of shows where wives accept their cheating husbands. Hope they show something different this time.

Hear! Hear! Hear! 👏 👏 👏

You need to be here more often, girl. What you have said is all that we want for our Mauli and her happiness. I won't say anything else, because you have said it all. Word to word, I hope it hits all the right spots!
sweet_tania thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Totally agree with your each and every word. I was feeling like you are reading my mind . I am one of those who can't forget or forgive Kunal's betrayal. What he did was more than betrayal and his words were beyond humanity and sensitivity.

Mauli had dealt with rare breed who tore her soul badly . They made their home on mauli's tears . Can't forget that kundini marriage episode.

People says kunal is changed after leap so he deserves second chance but fact is it was mauli who was victim of this EMA so it must be her who deserves second chance . I am glad she found ishaan . That gentleman will always stay as backbone of mauli.

Mauli deserves all the happiness with ishaan and mishti and yes marriage is all about companionship , transparency, respect and love .

Log 6 saal ki bacchi mishti ko judge karte hai ki she loves her popsi more than that mother who gives her birth but same people overlook the fact that kunal had told mauli giri hue aurat who is that same woman who worked hard to fulfill his dream of own hospital but that's ok because Shakti is good actor so character kunal ka sab maaf.

-poloenigma- thumbnail
@sweet_tania
Exactly! It's not about what Kunal deserves. It's not about HIS second chance. It's not about what his daughter wants. 

It's about Mauli & Mauli alone. She is the one who was wronged. She is the one whose world collapsed. Kunal & his mistress built their home by destroying Mauli's world. Its beyond cruel. 

I don't understand the hate for mishti either. I think it's clear that she loves her mother & father equally. She is loyal to her father who has been in her life since she could understand things.

Blood doesn't make a relationship.

She was unwanted by her sperm donor but look at the beauty of the universe.

The universe gave her Ishaan who loves her unconditionally,  and not because they are bonded by DNA, but because they are bonded by their rooh, their atma. And that bond cannot be broken. Mishti is loyal, unlike her sperm donor. She loves her father Ishaan because he is the father who was always there for her. He is her God sent angel. 
Trijha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Kunal Nandini having their first night when Mauli was heartbroken. Yuck.. that was the most disgusting episode of this show 🤢 
Mauli never knew what all this divine couple did behind her. May be after Maunal reunion he can explain her everything in length 😆
-poloenigma- thumbnail

Originally posted by: T3ja

Kunal Nandini having their first night when Mauli was heartbroken. Yuck.. that was the most disgusting episode of this show  🤢 

Mauli never knew what all this divine couple did behind her. May be after Maunal reunion he can explain her everything in length 😆

I don't know if many people know this but Gajra Kottary was also a co-writer of Balika Vadhu and in that show the main lead Anandi was betrayed by her husband Jagya. In that show, I remember there was a scene where Jagya closes the door on Anandi's face to celebrate his suhaag raat with his mistress Gauri. They show them celebrating their SR, and on the other side they show Anandi crying her heart out in the rain all night. 

That was the scene which stuck with me through out the show. It was so haunting and heartbreaking. 

They showed that parallel in Silsila too and it was just as heartbreaking. In BV they showed Anandi finally moving in with someone else so I hope they show Mauli moving on with Ishaan. I see so many parallels between these two shows. Hopefully they end the show with Mauli moving on as well. 
Indira1211 thumbnail
Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Anniversary 6 Thumbnail + 2

I don't know if many people know this but Gajra Kottary was also a co-writer of Balika Vadhu and in that show the main lead Anandi was betrayed by her husband Jagya. In that show, I remember there was a scene where Jagya closes the door on Anandi's face to celebrate his suhaag raat with his mistress Gauri. They show them celebrating their SR, and on the other side they show Anandi crying her heart out in the rain all night. 

That was the scene which stuck with me through out the show. It was so haunting and heartbreaking. 

They showed that parallel in Silsila too and it was just as heartbreaking. In BV they showed Anandi finally moving in with someone else so I hope they show Mauli moving on with Ishaan. I see so many parallels between these two shows. Hopefully they end the show with Mauli moving on as well. 

yes the most painful episode of silsila for me was when Kunal was marrying nandu, carrying her to the bed while  mauli is  sitting on the floor, shattered , devastated, pregnant , alone , crying and cutting and destroying his pictures...that scene was so sad.. and thinking of that scene now ...we know that Kunal definitely doesn't deserve a second chance with Mauli...