SELFIES - Tool for EMPOWERMENT , Or Is it VANITY ?

Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago

Let's Debate:-

Am back with next topic and this time it's SELFIES ðŸ˜³

Phone gallery filled with duck- face pouting selfies? If this sounds like you, Then High Five ! Same here . And I use filters too. Cannot even imagine clicking a picture without one.

Trying to look a shade brighter, removing those dark circles and stubborn acne marks, or adding a little glow to our face; we all have been there. And then we post those selfies on social media and WhatsApp status, smiling to glory seeing "Likes and comments. Basically what we are actually searching for is validation. Just like how a drug addict needs his supply, we tend to get our supply in the form of approval from others.

But, is it possible to look drop dead gorgeous all the time? Atleast I cannot. So then, I straighten my hair, apply make up and only then do I click my selfie and that too with filters. Because like every other girl, I too want to look pretty all the time when I know in reality, I can't...

But Selfies are in a way a boon . It's an effective way to communicate. I can choose how I want to look, so the idea of expressing oneself the way we want to look is empowering and let's not deny, a good selfie does give confidence boost.

So are selfies a tool of empowerment or vanity?

P.S- U can check the link in signature for further information.

Would love to know your views regarding selfies

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
I think whatever it is then it will go back to that person that is posting selfies. Some do it for empowerment. Some do it for vanity. Some do it simply for fun. There is no specific one category for everything. 
Sneha.Narayanan thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: nuomi.riceball

I think whatever it is then it will go back to that person that is posting selfies. Some do it for empowerment. Some do it for vanity. Some do it simply for fun. There is no specific one category for everything. 

Yea, true .
It is individual choice but do u think Low self-esteem could be one of the reasons?
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SnehaDoll

Yea, true .
It is individual choice but do u think Low self-esteem could be one of the reasons?

People show what they want to show in social media. Some things that he/she might not able to show in real life.