Blast from the past : Vidya Balan interview with Ritupo*no Ghosh

Paachaa thumbnail
Anniversary 5 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago
Just came across this pretty old interview of Vidya Balan with legendary director Ritupo*no Ghosh. Incase anyone here knows a bit of bengali or can somewhat understand the language then this will be a treat to watch. This remains to be my favorite Vidya Balan interview till date.
It's in English and Bengali.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=agNKNP7dM88[/YOUTUBE]

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Her-mion-e thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
The last celebrated bengali filmmaker who could get any bollywood hero or heroine to work in bengali film for free.. Such was his clout or respect.. I miss him😭
Very personal interview.. Nice watch
Ratukrus thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
ROFL why is he named Ritupo*rno. ðŸ¤£

nigahen thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Vidya is looking like Ritupo*no Sengupta here...so pretty...po*no...😆
Nice IV though I didnt watch all of it. His raincoat was such a great film. 
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Bengali Film Industry needed Rituparno so much . Vidya as always such a darling.
Paachaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ratukrus

ROFL why is he named Ritupo*rno.  🤣

😆

Stupid IF and their coding. Makes his name look like a bad word. Though I just checked he spelled his name Rituparno in English but in Bengali it is pronounced as Ritup ORno.
Paachaa thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pirated_Fun

Bengali Film Industry needed Rituparno so much . Vidya as always such a darling.

I used to find him a bit overrated initially but it was Noukadubi actually which made me see him as a director with a completely new lens. That film in itself shows how competent he was as a director. Imagine finally getting Riya Sen to emote and that too so brilliantly!

But yes, he is dearly missed. I think after the three mavericks (Ray, Mrinal, Ghatak), he was the only director who took Bengali cinema to so many international platforms at the same time.
Pirated_Fun thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Paachaa

I used to find him a bit overrated initially but it was Noukadubi actually which made me see him as a director with a completely new lens. That film in itself shows how competent he was as a director. Imagine finally getting Riya Sen to emote and that too so brilliantly!

But yes, he is dearly missed. I think after the three mavericks (Ray, Mrinal, Ghatak), he was the only director who took Bengali cinema to so many international platforms at the same time.

Dude!! that must be one his not so great film. Dahan,Unishe April,Ashukh,Utsav are much better ..I feel no director in India understood women like he did.
Paachaa thumbnail
^ Yeah, I actually went back to watching his good films after Noukadubi :) Had only seen Chokher Bali before that..