Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago

Sobbing piteously Arjun remembered his last meeting with his Pitamah early that day in the waters of Hiranvati river.

For a while none of them spoke. The sound of Hiranvati waters,the sweet notes of birds,the reddish hue in the sky made the two great warriors get enough relief and to some extent revived their spirits

.Arjun broke the silence and insisted in his pampered tone that he always used when he was with his Pitamah.' Come what may. I won't do what you asked me to. I won't do it even if you lure me with your rewards." Bheeshm smiled at his grandson who looked like the toddler trying to get whatever he wanted.

Years back this endearing child won his heart and made him taste fatherhood despite being a grandfather.Now destiny made them stand against each other and fight . Arjun needs to be strong and unshaken otherwise Krishna's purpose of incarnating on the earth will go waste.

If he Bheeshm continue to fight there is every chance of Duryothan winning the war as Arjun will never show his full mettle come what may.

' Bheeshm sat on the Rock and made Arjun sit on another.He took his hand in his and affectionately placed it between his hands.' Arjun, listen to me carefully.When I took an oath not to marry and not to be the king,I never realised the repercussions. I continued my support to whoever sat on the throne of Hastinapur.The only respite I felt was when your father Pandu ruled the kingdom.But after his death again my troubles started.Pandu's death was a big jolt to me. Then you five came to me. I got hope that the Kuru Empire will flourish with Yudhishtir as the king and you as my successor.I never felt the need to have my own children. But when you came into my life surprisingly the suppressed fatherhood surfaced and I took delight in nourishing you and grooming you as I wished. When you called me Pitasri you don't know how soothing it was to my heart.But I didn't encourage you to call me so as I was afraid of losing my mental strength and grit . My love for you may dominate my life and I may falter in my dharma."

Arjun's tears dried up. He touched his grand father's cheek with his palm and asked.' Then why are you making me do this censurable thing? Surely I will be blamed for my sinful act by every one till the end of the creation."

Bheeshma pressed his hand and said in a broken voice. ' Arjun we both are culprits of Panchali. We both failed. I am the chief commander of Hastinapur Still I didn't prevent that wretched Dice game and Panchali's insult. You are the chief commander of Indraprasth.You didn't protest against that shameful incident. I am enslaved to the throne of Hastinapur. You are enslaved to your Eldest. We both are at fault."

Arjun's jaw tightened remembering the disgraceful incident.He admitted in a broken voice.' I am her culprit Pitamah. More than my brothers I should protect her from those jackals. But I kept quiet. I know I incurred sin. And I will get punishment."

Bheeshm looked straight into his eyes.' Arjun we both are getting punished today for our crime. You by making your dearest Grandfather fall down and I by enduring torture till I breathe my last. Let us be brave and face our ordeal."

Arjun's tears rolled down.He touched Bheeshm's wrinkled body all over and wailed.' Pitamah how do you endure the pain? Surely it will torture you a lot." Bheeshm smiled.' I won't get any pain. The arrows from Gandiv will kiss me all over. They belong to my Arjun no? Now promise me you won't hold back You will display your fine skills to the maximum today. And I warn you I won't make your task easier.Let people remember this unique encounter between Ganga Putr Bhishm and Kunti Putr Arjun. Take the challenge."

Arjun hugged him for the last time and heard Krishna's voice from behind.' Parth come over. Gandiv is waiting for you Open the doors of salvation for your dear Grandfather. "

Arjun touched Bheeshma's feet and turned back to see Krishna and Krishnaa on the shore. As he approached them,Panchali smiled and took Sindur from her Mang and placed it as Vir Tilak on his forehead.

May you be victorious as ever my husband,She said defiantly making Krishna smile and add.' Yes Krishnaa your husband will win for sure."

He hugged his Parth and looked at Bheeshma with his Devine grace

. Bheeshma folded his hands and prayed.' Narayan be with my Arjun and guide him in his most crucial battle today." Ktishna nodded his head and said.' So be it." 

paartha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awesome update. They had such a great bond!
ltelidevara thumbnail

Krishna almost dragged Parth down from the chariot to go to Pitamah. 

Arjun is shedding tears and repeating.' Madhav I did the most sinful action of my life,.Already I opened the doors of hell for myself.I can't show my face to Pitamah.He nourished me like his own son and I gave him this much pain?I am not fit to be forgiven."

Krishna wiped his tears and patiently consoled him.' Parth,You are his redeemer.You paved the way for him to reach his origina Place.He is one among the eight Vasus . He came to this earth to endure his curse. Now he will reach his abode. Don't grieve for him.Now we should bow to him and pay respects ."

Krishna forcefully pulled Arjun to the place where the grand father lied on arrow bed. Already every one from both sides assembled around him. On seeing Krishna, Bheeshma folded his hands with difficulty.

Yudhishtir Bheem Nakul and Sahadev stood with folded hands.

Duryothan brought surgeons who can heal Bhishm 's wounds.

But Bheeshm declined and turned to Arjun.' My head is hanging down without support. I need support."

Immediately Duryothan made his servants bring cushions and pillows to keep under his head. Bheeshm refused and asked Arjun.' I can not use those things now. You should provide me support. You know what I mean."

Krishna placed his hand on Arjun's shoulder. Arjun still has tears in his eyes. He fixed three arrows on his Gandiv and shot them beneath the head of Bheeshm.

The three arrows planted perfectly like a pillow under his head.Arjun carefully placed his head on that.Bheeshm smiled and blessed.' Long live my dear grand son. I am indebted to you for relieving me of my burden.

Soon whole Of kurukshetra arrived to pay their respects to the fallen Patriach of Kurus.

They stood standstill around Bheeshm with folded hands and tearfilled faces

'Drona swooned on hearng the news and reached Bheeshm waith a heavy heart.

Duryothan blamed Arjun with harsh words.' You proved your love for Grandfather in a unique manner.Arjun you crossed all the limits.

Arjun bent his head with tears continuously falling down but Bheem retorted sharply.''Duryothan' because you crossed all the limits in your hatred Grand father has to lie down like this. Dont blame Arjun for your misdeeds.''

Bheeshm raised his hand and said 'Dont blame each other for my state. I don't want you to fight before my eyes.I will wait till the Uttarayan time.You keep this area well guarded as I want to meditate most of the time.

Krishna praised Bheeshm. with superlatives.'Ganga Putr;You are the Great Kuru legend who lived a pious life and served the throne of http://Kurus.Infuture I will make you share your immense jnan with your grand sons and pass it on to later generations. 

After a while Bheeshm got thirsty and asked for water.Duryothan immediately arranged cool tasty water but Grand father refused to drink.He declared thus'As I am on the arrow bed I should drink the water that is created by an arrow piercing the earth.Arjun.you only can create such water.I want you to quench my http://thirst.Mywhole body is burning with pain.Now arrange pious water for me "

Arjun went round his Pitamah with folded hands.He took an arrow from his quiver and recited mantras that are directed towards Indra .He then fixed it on his Gandiv stretched the string and shot it into the earth in such a way that cool' tasty and devine water fell directly into Bheeshm's mouth.

.Bheeshm. felt gratified as the water not only satisfied his thirst but also gave solace to his tired and wounded body'

Bheeshm smiled at Arjun and asked him to sit near his head.He then whispered in a feeble voice.'Now dont grieve for me anymore. You did your duty.I am mmensely pleased to get liberation from your hands.

Do your duty and dont brood over my state.I will hear your exploits and feel proud.'

He raised his hand and ruffled his hair .He then turned to Duryothan and enlightened him.'Duryothan;Sage Narad once told me that Krishna is Swayam Narayanand Arjun is Nar.When thetwo of them stand together no one can defeat them.Now leave your illusions and false hopes for victory.Give them Indraprasth and be satisfied with Hastinapur.Atleast let the remaining people survive and live peacefully.'

But Duryothan did not pay interest in his words.Bheeshma understood his intention and closed his eyes ' 

ltelidevara thumbnail

While Yudhishtir sighed with relief,Bheem openly admitted his satisfaction...We got a breakthrough. Yes we have to move forward in our pursuit of victory. Pitamah also wished the same.

As Pradosha made way for night,Arjun reached the riverside and walked into kneedeep water. He felt emptiness that he experienced when he lost his father Pandu. His heart became heavy thinking of the way his Pitamah was lying on his arrow bed. 

Arjun closed his eyes and heard his Madhav's words...

' ' Parth ,He who is  interested in doing good would never be doomed either in this world or in the other world.He will never get defeated by evil.

Arjun heard his own voice questioning Krishna..What would happen to those who could not pursue yoga completely in one birth?

Krishna clarified.

He  who couldn't pursue yoga completely will happily enjoy in meritorious worlds for many years. Afterwards he will take birth in a pious or rich family.Or else. He will be born in the family of yogis.But it is rare.Then he will continue where he left his yoga in his previous birth and try to achieve success.

Due to his previous birth impressions he will get attracted to yoga in this birth.He will be beyond the rules of worldly actions.After trying hard with dedication finally after many births he will achieve liberation.

A yogi is superior to a sage,a seer and one who is indulged in karma.

.Yogi who always lives in my consciousness,who serves me with love he is associated with me in yoga. He is superior to others.

.Dear Parth now I will let you know how you will realise my reality by practicing yoga applying your mind in my thoughts...Only one in thousand will try to achieve complete knowledge.Among those who achieve such knowledge only one will know my reality.

The river is flowing silently...looks like extending solace by occasionally rising up to touch his shoulders .

Arjun concentrated further...what did his Madhav say?

The Devine voice rang in his ears.

Earth,Fire,Wind,Sky mind,buddhi,and arrogance all these eight are my different forms that are distinct but identified as my natural power

..He Dhananjay,! no truth exists that is the best other than me.

Just like pearls that are woven into a garland by means of a thread,all the creation depends on me only.

O son of Kunti! I am the taste in water,lustre in Sun and the Moon,Om in Vedic hymns ,sound in sky and ability in a person.

I am the fragrance of the earth,heat of the fire,life of the beings and penance of the sages.

I am the seed of all beings and power of powerful people.

realise me and my nature.But whoever takes resort to me can easily get out of this illusion created by the three qualities.But fools,wicked and ethiests can not come out of illusion.

Arjun was interrupted by the messenger from his Eldest..He was immediately required in his private chamber.

The bitter truth of war is there won't be any time to stop,pause and brood over the loss of lives.It just won't work. For, the next day battle will stare in the face and demand so much homework to be done to face the opposition.Both Kauravas and Pandavas need to move on from where the battle ended. 

So Duryothan immediately assembled his prominent warriors to decide further action.Most important Ofcourse is to decide the next Chief commander for his army.

ltelidevara thumbnail
Panchali Who was in her Shibir got information on the next commander in chief for Kauravas. He will be Guru Dron.

Panchali could not help but sigh in desperation. She knew how much regard Arjun has for his ultimate Guru Dronacharya...How could she forget her conversation with him..that happened in Indraprasth when GuruDron artived as a guest for Rajasuya Sacrifice...She remembered every word Arjun said that day...

Indraprasth...Pre Rajasuya times

Arjun came so late after attending on his Gurudev and supervising the Yajna Sala construction progress.

Panchali who is half asleep woke up and let him in. Arjun expressed surprise.' Already into sleep? Among my wives you are the only one to manage being awake at this time. Now you also succumb to sleep."

Panchali retorted.' Every one needs sufficient sleep. Only you can survive without it. I can't imagine how you can be so active without sleeping."

Arjun smiled and confessed.' But there are many advantages if we can win over sleep." Panchali asked curiously.' How?" Arjun elaborated.' You will have more time to practice. You will have more time to plan war strategies. You can falsify the plans of rivals if you are conscious at night." 

Panchali raised her eyebrows.' Like you did when Vasuki took,you to Patal." Arjun nodded.' Yes. It is an advantage it helped me win over Vasuki."

Arjun expressed his feelings..he is on top of the world ..his Preceptor graced Indraprasth...

Krishnaa I am immensely happy today. My Gurudev graced Indraprasth. It is a blessed moment for me.I want to make him proud by achieving so much in my life. This is just the begining," 

Panchali stared at him.' You are obsessed with your preceptor Arjun. Actually you should be thanked for making him immortal with your achievements."

He turned her face to him,looked straight into her lotus eyes.' Krishnaa you mean to say my contribution is more in my progress." 

Panchali nodded her head apprehensively.Arjun softly pushed back her curls and said.' My dear wife,you don't know Acharya's way of teaching.He appears strict but he is so soft at heart.His one look used to inspire me into achieving so much .

He challenged my capabilities in such a way that I ended up being perfect.He gave a wide mouthed vessel to Aswathama and a narrow mouthed vessel to me.That made me use my brain and I did what he expected. I filled the vessel with Varunastr. That way he taught me practical knowledge.

When lamp blew off while eating I ate without difficulty. I understood that with practice I could shoot in darkness. He told me the next day that moulding ourselves according to the situation will help us better ourselves.

When I mastered shooting in dark he goaded me.' Don't stop with whatever you achieved.Always think that you know nothing. I thought well That day I was practicing at my usual place the mango grove. 

My right forefinger got wounded the previous day when I was sharpening my arrows. Gurumata observed that tied a bandage and fed me with her own hands. 

In the morning when all of us are going for practice she asked Gurudev not to send me as I ruptured my hand.But Gurudev refused and said.' No need. He should learn to cope up with injuries. Arjun, Use your brain first. You should complete your daily quota of practice.

I was ten years old then.Duryothan and Karn laughed at me when I reached the practice spot.' How would you shoot arrows now? Don't be a fool.Roam here and there and go back to Ashram" 

They even ridiculed Gurudev.' Use your brain power. Gurudev's instruction.How can any one practice with injured finger?Gurudev's words have no sense.

" I got angry hearing their words. Gurudev's words always have significance and deep meaning. I didn't argue either with  them,took my bow and moved away from them.

My right finger is paining. It won't let me  shoot perfectly. I pondered over the problem and casually held the bow in another hand. 

As I suddenly looked at my stance a wild idea crossed my mind. Why can't I shoot with left hand? I swiftly placed the arrow using left hand in place of right hand and tried to shoot.

It was odd in the begining, But within two days it became a habit with me to use left hand with equal ease and skill. My wound healed but my obsession with left hand stayed back." 

Arjun observed Draupadi who is listening with utmost attention placing her head on his heart. Arjun hugged her closer and said.' Remaining to be continued." Panchali pushed him and said.' Tell me what did your Guru say when he saw you excell in using left hand." Arjun smiled at her enthusiasm..
Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
paartha thumbnail
Nice updates. Guru Dron/Arjun ideal guru and student.
ltelidevara thumbnail

Guru Dron promised Duryodhan that he will capture Yudhishtir if Arjun is not protecting his brother.

Samsaptakas were alotted the task of taking Arjun away from Yudhishtir.

On 11 th day almost Drona captured Yudhishtir but Arjun rushed there just in time and defeated Drona.

On 12 th day also Arjun s timely intrusion helped Pandava side come out of danger. Arjun killed Bhagadutta and his elephant Supratika ..Drona has to end the day with another defeat for Kaurava side.

The Kaurava camp lost their confidence due to the death of Supratika Bhagadutta and the defeat of Samsaptakas. Drauna's inability to capture Yudhi made Duryothan fume in anger at the Gurudev.He blamed him with harsh words.' I know your partiality for Pandavas. Still I believed your words like a fool. You failed to imprison Yudhishtir.Then why do you make false promises?"

GuruDron felt devastated. He could never satisfy Duryothan though he try hard.He said firmly.' Duryothan,you yourself witnessed how much I tried to achieve what I promised. Yesterday and today I almost reached him. I could have captured him had Arjun not appeared in time to save his brother.I repeat I can capture Yudhi if Arjun is not there.Now it is your duty to move him away.I would arrange chakra Vyuha the lotus formation tomorrow which only Arjun knew how to penetrate into the vyuha .Itwill enable me take Yudhishtir as a prisoner if Arjun moves away." 

Samsaptakas lead by Susarma assured Duryothan that they will take away Arjun far from the main battlefield from where he won't be able to return in time to save Yudhishtir.

The Margaseersha chilled winds blew soothingly and brought solace to the soldiers who fought the war all through the day.The Pandava camp is peacefully at sleep as they are more than happy at the way the war progressed giving them an edge over their rivals.Arjun's valour is praised by every one around as he played a pivotal role in making Drona fail in his purpose.

Arjun could not sleep that night.he doesn't know why his mind is disturbed and agitated. He got up from his bed and came out of his tent. He walked towards Hiranvati which is flowing silently without any sound. There is a fierce silence around him which he found odd and disturbing.Why is his concience trying to say something that is not palpable,sad and indigestible.He felt an emptiness in him that is growing on and on by leaps and bounds.Will anything happen to his dearest ones? To whom? Krishnaa? Abhi? ...Arjun walked back and peeped through the tent of Panchali where she is in deep sleep. He then proceeded and stopped at Abhi's tent .Uttara must be there with him inside. He knew it.He didn't want to disturb them and walked towards Krishna's tent.

Krishna found his Parth by his side and smiled with concern. He knew why his Parth is unable to sleep.But who can avert the inevitable? Parth has to go through his life's saddest moment after the disrobing of Draupadi in Dyut Sabha. Krishna placed his hand on Arjun's eyes and closed them.' Now go to sleep.I chanted the mantra." He said in a chilled voice.Arjun smiled and retorted.' Ofcourse I need your mantra today. I can't sleep on my own. What will happen tomorrow?"

ltelidevara thumbnail
Abhi folded his hands in salutation.He is standing in the sky. His whole form is shining with a different lustre.' Jyesht Mata,I take leave.I beg pardon I can not stay for long to see your criminals punished." Panchali stared at him and shouted.' Come down Abhi. You can not go like this.How could I bear?come back Abhi. For me,for Subhadra,for Uttara and for your Pita? He won't breath without you." Abhi smiled and said.' I am helpless Mata. I have to leave." 
                 Panchali got up from her nightmare.It is the early hours of thirteenth day at Kurukshetra.She had sweat all over her face. She is shivering with fear. What kind of a dream she got? It is said that early morning dreams will become true.Abhi...Something bad may happen  to him today.Panchali controlled herself and prayed to Durga Bhavaani ' Save him Mata.Our lives depend on him only." 
                        Uttara pleaded with Subhadra.' Mata I got the dream again. Ask your son not to go today. I sense something bad may happen today.' Subhadra took her to Yudhishtir's main camp hall where all the Warriors assemble before they leave.Yudhishtir is worried. His spies failed to bring any information regarding the Vyuha or plan of their rivals.He asked Krishna.' Why did they maintain that secrecy? Krishna I sense some foul play. After yesterday's battle they must have realised Gurudev's failure in Arjun's presence.On top of it they lost Bhagadutta and Supratika." Bheem laughed merrily.' Why do you worry? Duryothan must have realised how futile his plans are.so they must have slept peacefully . Better to catch sleep rather than break their heads and make useless plans." Abhi who just entered clapped his hands and said.' Jyesht Pita don't worry. Now we are leading the scores. Very shortly they will admit defeat." 
                      Subhadra Panchali and Uttara entered and collectively requested.' Let Abhi stay back today.Uttara needs him by her side.' Arjun called Abhi.' Take a break.Be with your wife for a while.Why don't you listen to her? Madhav, tell your Ladla to stay back." Panchali approached Abhi and softened his curls.' Your father and Mama will take care of your Jyesht Pita. Don't be stubborn. Stay back." She is unable to forget her dream and Abhi 's words.Krishna  taunted them,' Bhadra,Krishnaa  you both should infuse courage in Uttara. But you both are more worried it seems. Kshatriyas need not fear wars . It is a cherished game for them.And Parth,you are discouraging your son? Not done.
                       Abhi hugged his mama and shouted.' Come now Kirti Sutasom Bhrata,let us lead in the front.Pitasri,today I will make you proud by displaying my valour." Arjun hugged him close. Tears rolled down from his eyes.His lion cub will never take a backstep. After all he is his blood,his son,his Abhimanyu." 
                       The Pandava army reached the warspot and deliberated on the Vyuha to be formed.' Why did Gurudev not make his Vyuha yet? He got the answer next minute. The Samsaptakas challenged him yet again.' Arjun, if you are a hero face us now. But not here. We will do our fight away from this main battle spot. Come let us go if you have guts." Arjun looked at Krishna who nodded his head. Yudhishtir half heartedly gave them permission to go.As Arjun left the place Kauravas shouted in joy.Within a short while their Vyuha became visible to Yudhishtir. And it is Chakra Vyuh. Also called Padma Vyuh. The Lotus Formation.And only three warriors know how to penetrate inside. Arjun,Krishna and Pradyumna. Abhi learnt only half. He doesn't know how to come back after getting inside.

ltelidevara thumbnail
Little did he know that the Chakravyuha formation he learnt from Dronacharya years ago in Gurukul would be the reason for his dearest son Abhimanyu's death in his absence. Arjun lost his control when he heard about the way his Abhi s daring act to penetrate the Chakravyuh took him away from him on 13 th day.

Arjun wept like a child. Krishna hugged him close..Parth! Try to remember what I told you on first day!Don't lose yourself in this crucial moment..

Arjun  could not remember anything that moment.. He just took the oath to avenge the death of Abhimanyu.

Jayadhrath  is the stake ..either he will live or Arjun will..both can not coexist...

>The Soul is neither born nor does it die at any time. It does not come into being or cease to exist. It is unborn, eternal, permanent, and primeval. The Soul is not destroyed when the body is destroyed.

Krishna's words filled his conscience.,but Arjun could not suppress his grief..He is restless till he kills Jayadhrath, .his sister's husband.

And the rest is history. Kaurava army witnessed Arjun's fury and how! Along with Jayadrath  7 akshouhinis of their army is  killed by Arjun!

As they drove back after the Sunset,Arjun wiped off his tears and looked up.

the sun is setting in western horizon.Krishna stood in his chariot and hugged him with love and affection. " Parth, you achieved the most difficult task today. You avenged the death of our Abhi. See the battle ground bears testimony for your unparalleled valour." 

Arjun stammered with tears. " what is the use? I won't get my Abhi back no? I won't see his smiling face again.I won't see him greet me when I return in the evening." 

Krishna took his face in his hands and wiped his tears. He showed the sky." Parth . He is there. He witnessed your great valour and he is jumping and clapping. Don't you have faith in me?" Krishna stopped unable to continue. He has moisture in his eyes. His dearest nephew whom he brought up like his own son,.his Parth's life support left them forever.

Krishna closed his eyes and smiled.Even God has emotions,heart break.But he should not show it. For the sake of his Parth.who still has so much to do. He should be calm and composed. 

Krishna smiled to himself. He knew his Parth did not misinterpret Gita. He did his duty even when he was shattered by Abhi's death..He annihilated most of his rivals along with Jayadhrath.. 

That was what he asked him to do. to follow his Kshatriya dharma and punish the unrighteous people.
His Parth did not renounce worldly responsibilities instead he gave a message to people...how to be focused towards the immediate action that demands his attention.

The war came to an end...it washed off not only sinners but also innocent ones..on both sides. 

Arjun stood at the bank of Hiranvati. The final rites of the deceased were performed under the supervision of Dhaumya. He still is in shock.. hearing the truth of Karna.

He is exhausted mentally not physically.

He could not digest the bitter truth How is it possible?

He could still feel Karna's anger,fury and jealousy.But never did he see any kind of concern for him even after knowing the truth.

" Not able to relate to reality Parth?" Krishna's voice brought him out of his thoughts.

Krishna placed his hand on Arjun's shoulder." Speak up Parth. Relieve your burden.

Arjun looked straight into his lotus eyes that are brimming with affection.

" Madhav,If you know the truth why did you encourage me to kill him?Arjun's question was met with a smile that is Devine and meaningful.

Krishna spoke." Parth,I encouraged you to throw your Grandfather also down. Surely you have highest regard and affection for him. But I did not ask you to spare him either.Similarly I made Eldest tell a half lie to pave way for Drona's death.

Guru Dron for you is equal to God.

Karna,is your brother. But he is instrumental in keeping the rivalry between cousins ablaze.
If Karna is not there in the scenes Duryothan wouldn't have ventured to fight with you at all.
He did the most censurable thing by suggesting Panchali's Vastra Harlan.

Karna is the one who guided Kauravas for Abhimanyu's slaughter by unrighteous means.

Just because he is Kunti's son his crimes would not be forgiven."

Arjun heard his friend's words and understood the essence.He sighed.Justice is equal to everyone.

The midnight massacre caused by Aswathama crushed Paandavas and made them weak and vulnerable.The hard earned victory and sovereinity look insignificant as no successor is left  to succeed them as their heir.

The only hope  left is the yet to be born child of Uttara who can continue the legacy of his valorous father Abhimanyu and undefeated grand father Arjun.

Draupadi walked slowly and reached the river.she observed someone sitting almost into the waters with head bent on his knee,

Panchali stood behind him and placed her hand on his shoulder that is familiarly hard with bow marks.
Arjun came out of his trance and stammered." Krishnaa"

Both of them did not move but just stayed in the same position. There won't be moon rise and moonlight.It is Amavasya. The dark night.It is symbolic as darkness dominated  their lives now
Thought Panchali.

Suddenly Arjun turned to her and hid his face on her waist. The force with which Arjun did so made Panchali lost her balance but he firmly clasped her making her stand erect.

Draupadi looked down and observed his shoulders go up and down as the sobs intensified more and more.Arjun wept heart fully without control and without inhibitions.Panchali did not stop him.
After a while Arjun's words started flowing out along with his tears.

"I hate myself. Krishnaa.Shame on me. I am unable to save any of my sons. Abhi died in my absence. And now the boys,They were offered prey to Aswathama's anger and fury.Iravan did not get my help. Now I am scared  thinking of Uttara's unborn child. What will happen if Aswathama's Astra burns him inside? Who is left for us? What did this war done to us?"

Your grandson will never die Parth. Don't you have faith in your Madhav?" Krishna's voice rang through the darkness. Next moment,the peacock feather danced in rhythm.the yellow garment,the Vaijayanti Mala and  the Kaustubha gem became visible to the other two Krishnas.

The lotus eyes showered infinite grace on his two most loved people ,shattered and on the verge of collapse.Panchali tried to move away from Arjun but Krishna signalled her to stay on.

He approached Arjun and feigned anger." Forgot everything I told you on the first day? Again back to your oldest argument? What did the war give you? Parth.I told you already . You are not the one to decide the death of these people.Their destiny decided the way they died.Forgot that?"

Krishna stood nearer to him and placed his hand on Arjun's head.His highly emotional cousin will never change. Not even after Geeta.He needs his counsel again and again.Krishna smiled affectionately and softened his curls. But that did not stop his Parth from following his word . And that is called submission...to him and to a good purpose.

The chamber door opened and Kunti brought the baby who is still and motionless.

Arjun shed tears and leaned on Krishna's shoulder. Panchali and Subhadra came and stood behind Kunti sobbing and sighing heavily.

Kunti looked at Krishna and said." Kanha !Today I am speaking to Narayan himself not to my nephew.
He Vaasudev,He Rukmini Pati, He Nara Sakha Show your grace. You protected my children since their childhood.

You saved Draupadi from humiliation.
You became Saradhi to my son and fetched him victory.
Now The Kuru Vamsh is in danger.
In the name of your love for Abhimanyu save his son.
If that won't happen there is no use of my life for me.

Arjun's vision blurred..am I that unfortunate that I should live with the memories of my grandson also? ..He did not say it but his Madhav heard him for sure.

Krishna nodded his head and said." I will keep my promise. All of you get rid of your sorrow. I will certainly revive Parth's grandson who will rule Aryavarth for more than sixty years."

Having said so Krishna washed his feet and did achaman three times.
He placed the baby beside his mother on the couch.
Krishna then stood by the baby and looked with a fixed gaze.
A strange hollow surrounded his head and his face shone with Devine splendour.

Krishna then said in an authoritative tone." If I never retreated back from any battle and always fought for truth this son of Abhimanyu should get back life." 
If I always worshipped Brahmins and dharma let this son of Uttara get back his life.
If I killed Kamsa and others only to protect dharma and not for any personal reason,let this heir of Pandavas get back his life.
If I always loved Parth more than my life and if no misunderstanding ever happened between me and Parth let this grandson of Parth breathe again."

As Krishna finished his last line and sprinkled water on the baby,the miracle happened.
The baby moved freely and opened his eyes.
Next moment he stretched his hands and cried aloud to make his presence felt in this world.
The grandson of Arjun breathed and flourished.
The future Emperor of Aryavarth smiled at Krishna.
Parikshit won the battle with Aswathama along with his grandfather Arjun.

Epilogue

*A person whose mind is unperturbed by sorrow, 
who does not crave for pleasures, and who is 
completely free from attachment, fear, and anger, 
is called Sthita-prajna - a sage of steady intellect.*

Did Arjun become a stable minded? Yes and no.

To his credit he overcame his emotions that overpowered him through out his life to proceed towards his ultimate goal..Gradual evolution is always better than instant transformation.It surely makes life fulfilling and worth living.

Arjun despite having Viswarup Darshan ,treated Krishna as his soulmate and that really makes the Krishna Arjuna comradiare exclusively endearing and unique.

The three Krishnas ,Krishna,Arjuna And Draupadi set the standards higher in exhibiting compassion,goodness and focus towards ultimate kartavya.

Magnanimous Draupadi forgave Aswathama,the murderer of her children.

Arjun treated Dhritarashtra with compassion when the king was suffering from the heartbreak of the loss of his sons.

The journey towards awakening

Arjun is walking as if in trance. They started their final journey towards Himalayas.

Arjun has to give away his Gandiv,his another soul partner to Agnidev...now the touch of Gandiv eluded him..,

First he parted with his life breaths ,vital for his existence itself,his Madhav..and now his Gandiv ...

The final blow...Panchali fell down...Arjun's vision blurred..his soulmate who travelled with him...in their journey of life..she was no more..

Sahadev,Nakul...they also...left.

The misty slopes of Himalayas ...the orange golden hue of Pradosha ..towering high and touching the sky,Kailash mountain ,Karpur gaur Karunavatar Sankar Shiv,...Arjun could not see or imagine any more.His body became light like feather.

Suddenly he found himself in the midst of a golden ball of fire...which did not burn him but offered him solace..He tried to look through the Prakash...and he is floating in waves that enveloped his soul..he could feel the ultimate bliss..

And then he saw the form approach ..slowly the peacock feather,the lotus eyes,the compassionate smile and the Devine glow  became visible ...Arjun heard his Madhav's voice ...let us unite in eternity ,Parth!

For every one  the journey towards awakening continues crossing the stages of ashtanga yoga by practice and belief.,,till Nar  realises Narayan in true essence...by his grace..

sarvopanishado gavo dogdha gopala-nandanah
partho vatsah sudhir bhokta dugdham gitamritam  mahat.

Comparing all the Upanishads as a cow, Krishna the son of the cowherd chief is the milkman, Arjuna the son of Pritha is the calf, and the intelligent  people will enjoy the great nectar of Bhagavad gita as the milk.

paartha thumbnail
Awesome ending!
Brilliant narration of Gita in summary  and interspersed with events of the battle, this is what makes it unique and so interesting.

Great work!👏