Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago

To his right Drona has Aswathama ,his dearest son. Arjun could not help but wonder..Is he really the dearest son? Years back in Gurukul Drona found an unexpected competitor for his paternal affection in the form of himself.

Aswathama used to say..that his father now forgot who his son actually was..Aswathama or Arjuna?

Aswathama also said that he never had seen his father so enthusiastic and energetic while teaching his students..specially when he was teaching his special student Arjuna.

Aswathama was always a friend of Duryodhana in Gurukul..But he always expressed his admiration for him whenever he,Arjuna excelled in tests..

He still remember his words when he saved Guru Dron from the crocodile.

I could not do it for my father..You did it with presence of mind. Now you really deserved his love more than me.

Aswathama's confession embarrassed him then but not now...he understood how much his preceptor loved him ..that he chose to impart the knowledge of Brahmasira only to him..Aswathama was not instructed withdrawal..

Parth..How long would you like to live in your past? Come back to present. Every one is looking at us to sound our conches. Santanav Bhishm is waiting for us to get back to our position. " Krishna looked back and alerted his cousin.

Arjuna wiped the already formed sweat on his forehead.

Krishna continued..Angaraj Karn won't fight it seems. He pledged that he will enter battle field only after Bhishma's fall. He was angry with your Pitamah for degrading him as a warrior..Bhishm called him Artharath.

Arjuna retorted with a frown..So..he decided that my Pitamah will fall down..he must have forgotten his valour..he defeated Parasurama himself..

Krishna declared with a decisive tone..Parth..No one is beyond fate..Every one has to end his journey at some point. That applies to your Pitamah also.

Arjun has moisture in his eyes . He then turned his face to see Duryodhan ,much right to Aswathama..looking impatient as usual.

What did he achieve by doing all that he had done? Arjun wondered. 

Arjun could not help but reminisce the most dreaded moment of his life. The Dice Hall. Panchali's humiliation.He could see the scene before his eyes because hardly could he overcome his anger towards his helplessness in shielding his wife.

Panchali had tears rolling down. Dussasan is pulling her Pallu with force and she won't be able to resist anymore. 

Her saviour her Bhagawan has to come and redeem her.Panchali closed her eyes and prayed.' Hey Krishna,Govinda,Vaasudeva,Narayana Hare,Pahimam,Rakshamam." ..

Narayan ,Pundarikaksh,Jagannadh,Panchali's Govind and Parth's Madhav  lifted his hand. Graced his Sakhi with unending ,lustrous long sary that covered her fully and made Dussasan tired of pulling the saree.

The garment became a big hill,of sorts making the onlookers wonder and praise the devotional power and chastity of Draupadi. 

Arjun opened his eyes to see the grace and love of Madhav that made His Krishnaa stand tall while all the others looked like pitiful creatures who will be burnt by the power of a sati. 

He sighed with relief ,with tears in his eyes. ' Madhav, you kept your promise. You redeemed us. You stood by your Sakhi and proved your love for her. You gave me life." Arjun thanked his Madhav again and again.    

Arjun forcibly pulled himself from that heartbreaking incident of their lives.

But could he take away life from his cousins who were fools and ignorant of the outcome of war? Could he deprive his Jyeshtpita Dhritarashtra and his Jyeshtmata Gandhari of the shelter of their sons in the last phase of their lives? 

Arjun desparately nodded his head. The whole clan will perish. Sons,grandsons ..everyone.

Arjun turned his eyes towards Jayadhradh ,the husband of his only sister Dussala. Could he make her a widow for no fault of her?

Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago
paartha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Amazing update, the depiction of Arjun in turmoil was brilliant. 
ltelidevara thumbnail

Chapter 5

Arjun was in dilemma. Could he take away life from his cousins who were fools and ignorant of the outcome of war? Could he deprive his Jyeshtpita Dhritarashtra and his Jyeshtmata Gandhari of the shelter of their sons in the last phase of their lives?

Arjun desparately nodded his head. The whole clan will perish. Sons,grandsons ..everyone.

Arjun turned his eyes towards Jayadhradh ,the husband of his only sister Dussala. Could he make her a widow for no fault of her? He still remember how he crossed the limits by abducting Draupadi..on that day

Panchali moved away from him trying fiercely to balance her feet and not giving him opportunity to touch her.Jayadhrath laughed with amusement thinking that finally he is able to have the most beautiful woman within his reach.

. Yajnaseni 's eyes turned red. ' you are a fool Jayadhrath,you consider me helpless? Are you in your senses to realise with whom you are rubbing shoulders? I hope you will come to terms with your destiny when you see Savya Sachi with Gandiv in his hand. Your eyes will wide open when he burns your army like forest fire.You need not wait too long. Very soon you will hear the Twang of Gandiv.Then your senses will stop functioning. Get ready to face the arrows of Gandiv.And Ofcourse Bheem will never leave you at all. His mace will cause destruction.Remember,If it is too late even Eldest won't forgive you."

Jayadhrath laughed loudly looking at her with lust. ' Daughter of Drupad! You look too beautiful even in anger. And your hair,I never saw such luscious hair for any one." Jayadhrath tried to touch her curls greedily.Panchali threatened him. ' Dont ever dare Jayadhrath!You will get burnt here itself."...

When Dhaumya informed them with tears what happened in their absence,Pandavas got into a state of anger,Shock and disdain. Dhaumya regretted.' By the time I heard her calling Arjun and Bheem for help,the chariot went far away.I fear they must have gone too far. Rajkumar Arjun,Bheem hurry up. Otherwise the queen will get into serious trouble."

Arjun pulled up his quivers took Gandiv in hand and urged Bheem.' Let us go Bhrata before that wretched Jayadhrath crosses the forest.Bheem was already in hurry to rush fast  rolling his eyes.

They both went ahead of the other three who followed them behind. Arjun told Bheem that it is necessary to stop Jayadhrath from moving out of the forest.He shot his fire arrows even without seeing the chariot before his eyes.

First the Twang of The Gandiv was heard and then Jayadhrath's chariot horses looked bewildered as they were stopped by the line of fire created by the arrows released from Gandiv.

Panchali could not control her excitement.' Murkh Jayadhrath !Heard the sound? Be careful otherwise your ears will get blocked. Recognised the arrows? They are from Gandiv.They will converse with you in your language." Jayadrath peeped behind and saw the Five Brothers.Two of them are nearer to the chariot and the remaining three are behind. He asked Panchali .' Describe the Pandavas. I want to hear from you."

Panchali laughed gleefully. ' Now I am relieved. I saw them together coming to punish you .I have no fear.See,that Eldest who can forgive even his rivals.He always try to follow dharma.

Now see BheemSen who is rolling his eyes. He will never leave his rivals alive.

See the Twins,They are dangerous to those who try to harm them.

Now see Arjun,Even if you hide in heaven,he can find you out and kill you.

Before Jayadrath could do anything Arjun killed Five hundred chief warriors of Jayadrath.He immediately killed twelve Sauvira princes. Soon the whole place has been covered by head less bodies and body less heads.Bheem killed elephants and horses with his mace.

Jayadrath started shivering. That much destruction in that less time span? He realised the truth of Panchali's words. Just then Arjun shot sharp arrows and killed the horses of his chariot.

Panchali laughed at Jayadrath. ' Didn't I tell you,before? Coward. Do you have guts to face arrows released from Gandiv? Have an answer for the onslaught? Whose wife did you cast your eyes upon? They are Pandavas.Now endure the result of your misdeed."

Her words made Jayadrath overcome with fear.He jumped from his chariot ,ascended another chariot and fled. Immediately Arjun and Bhim reached there .They entrusted Panchali to Sahadev . They asked him to get back to hermitage with her and others.

Arjun approached Bheem and alerted him.' Stop it Bhrata.. Stop killing innocent warriors. The real culprit fled away. Let us catch him alive."

They both followed Jayadrath who is galloping in his chariot.He already crossed kros distance,away from Arjun and Bheem.Then Arjun who is unshaken despite not seeing Jayadrath any where nearer shot a Divine astra that sped fast and killed his  horses.

Sindhuraj was spellbound on seeing such expertise that made Arjun shoot the horses from such a long distance. He looked back and saw both Bheem and Arjun approach him on horses. He regretted.' My lust made me see this day.I provoked that Arjun who is invincible to even gods. I should save my life from Bhim."

Jayadrath started running fast and Arjun laughed at him and shouted.' ' O Jayadrath!,You are shameless. You left your army at our mercy and running away. Is this your valour that made you abduct another's wife? Stop there we are coming." Jayadrath did not stop but hid himself in bushes.

Bhim scolded Arjun " No need to talk with him..I will smash his head with my bare hands.

Arjun and Bheem finally traced Jayadrath and Bheem started kicking him left and right. Blood flowed from his nose and Arjun pulled Bhima back.' Stop it Bhrata. Let us take him alive." He said.

Bheem shouted loudly.' Don't be that soft.Arjun,The crime he committed is unpardonable.Still for Eldest I am leaving him as of now."

Jayadrath was thrown at the feet of Draupadi.She smiled with contentment. 

Yudhishtir councilled him in his own way.' You are the husband of our sister Dussala. How could you attempt such henuous crime? Learn to worship Dharma by standing by it."

.Bheem burst out.' There is only one punishment for him. Death punishment.And I will carry it on."

Panchali said in a soft voice.' Leave him alive. He is our Dussala's husband." Arjun looked at her with appreciation.Yudhishtir applauded her.

Bheem took an arrow from Arjun and shaved off his hair leaving five parts and declared.' Jayadrath!Now you are our servant. Wherever you are remember it." Jayadrath folded his hands and left.

Arjun desparately stared at Jayathrath. That day they saved him for the sake of Dussala. How could they kill him now forgetting about their sister's happiness?

Krishna turned to Parth and declared..I will take the chariot back to our place. See how your Eldest is looking confused at our stay here in the middle of the armies? Look at your Bhrata Bhim Who is impatient that you are causing delay in commencing battle? 

Arjun again wiped off his sweat. His fingers lost grip on Gandiv. His knees turned weak and can not support him to stand. He got reeling sensation..He stammered helplessly..Madhav I can not fight..

paartha thumbnail
Awesome chapter, the sequence where Jaydrath was punished by Arjun/Bheem was wonderful. Specially, the way Arjun surrounded him through fire arrows. 
Now, the most defining lesson one will ever need is going to start, which not only enlightened Arjun but a gift for all. Lord Krishna will be at his best soon! Thanks to the great hero Arjun through whom, Lord delivered his sermon for all.
ltelidevara thumbnail

Dhritarashtra asked Sanjaya to narrate the incidents at Kurukshetra with the Devine vision he got by the blessings of VedVyas..

Dharma Kshetre Kurukshetre Samaveta ...Mamakah Pandavaschaiva Kimakurvata Sanjaya" 

What did my sons and Pandavas do having assembled there at Kurukshetr which is the Dharmakshetra?

Sanjaya was bewildered on hearing the question. The way Dhritarashtra distinguishes between his sons and Pandu's sons..is that not the reason for this Great War to happen?

Kurukshetra is Dharmakshetra. Dhritarashtra knows that but still he is blind with his obsessive love for Duryodhan. Had he tried his best ,he would have averted this unwanted calamity that is about to strike Kuruvamsh...Sanjay sighed with despair.

When Veda Vyas granted him Devine vision,Sanjay did not know how blessed he is going to be. How fortunate he is to become the only person to witness the universal form of the Lord himself along with Arjun. But destiny knows the fact. That is why along with the whole creation,destiny is waiting with bated breath for the glorious moment to unfold the eternal truth. 

The Chariot Of Dharma stood still in the middle, With Krishna showering his unlimited grace on his Parth through his lotus eyes,by placing his hand on his shoulder.

Sanjay concentrated and started .' Maharaj Listen to me what I have been fortunate to witness ,the conversation between Krishna and Arjun...It is an honour even to watch the two soulmates together in one chariot.

ltelidevara thumbnail

The war drums were sounding higher and the war music was the only thing heard ...Everything around blurred in his vision. The music did not uphold his spirits as it used to do in every battle he fought..The greatest warrior of Aryavarth felt his knees buckling and he has to clutch the pole of the chariot for support. He tried not to fall back and began stuttering.

Through the moisture of his eyes Arjun again looked at his grandfather who was standing as if waiting to hear the conches blown by him and Krishna.

Arjun wished he could question him..Why did you let us be sent to Varanavat?Why did you let Draupadi be insulted in the savagest way ever devised by men?Why did you let the Dice game happen? Why did you not stop us from going on Exile? Why did you not command Duryodhan to accept Krishna's peace proposal?

Arjun closed his eyes and the tears rolled down on his cheeks to be wiped off by the hand that always held him with affection and made him feel rejuvenated in any mood,that he was in.

As he tried to open his eyes gradually he felt the soft yellow upper garment of Krishna wipe away the tear drops.

Arjun clasped his hand firmly ..that hand which belongs to him,who is his life support system.

Krishna stood erect,,gazing at his friend and infusing strength through his touch..he knew the moment has arrived..Krishna looked up..the morning Sun is in full form as if to be the first one to hear him along with Arjun.

Dharmaraj Yudhishtir sat in his chariot in deep thought. He could see the two Krishnas,away from their army,in the middle and at the corner. It is too difficult to fathom what is happening inside. Why are they not getting back to position? The question that he found no answer yet is framed by his brother.Bhim.who else?

Bhrata! Why is Arjun staying there and wasting time? Why such delay in blowing conches? If you agree I will go there and fetch them back..Bhim asked with impatience.

Sahadev interrupted Bhim and said..No Bhrata. Let us wait with patience.

Nakul took Bhim's hand and said..Let us go to Drishtdyumn and check our vyuha once. One round we go,I am sure we will hear Panchajanya and Devdutta blow and indicate the commencement of war.

paartha thumbnail
Nice start, so many emotions were running high and Arjun could not focus on anything and he wanted to quit but soon all his questions were cleared by the Lord himself. But, Arjun never really recovered from this devastating war with the loss of loved ones such as Pitamah, Guru Dron, Abhi and his other sons and relatives.
ltelidevara thumbnail

Chapter 6

Arjun looked around again and nodded his head in despair.

Krishna goaded him...Speak up Parth..say what is nailing you at this moment. I am here to listen.

Arjun started in a broken voice,looking dejected. " Madhav! Just by watching my people on both sides,my body is trembling ,my mouth already dried up..See..my Gandiv slips from my hand.

I see bad omens..indicating the disaster ahead.

Krishna has a smile on his face..his Parth is in serious need of his councilling.

Arjun continued..I don't need power,enjoyment,riches..For what purpose I need them?

Those who assembled here are ready to die..I don't know who will survive.

• See my Pitamah..I love him dearly. How could I strike him down? He came all the way to Indraprasth to express his delight when I returned from my northern Rajasuya conquest. I still feel the warmth of his hug...Arjun reminisced that moment..

The Rajasuya preparations are going on at a fast pace. Of the four Pandavas who went on conquest ,Arjun was the last to return. He went in northern direction up to Uttar Kuru regions in Himalayas. The wealth he brought was huge. Camels and elephants carried the precious jewels and gems..to the outskirts of Indraprasth.

As Arjun alighted from his chariot he was welcomed by his Madhav,his Eldest,Bhim and Sahadev.

Krishna hugged him tight and said...I am counting time..without you I am getting bored..but really great your conquest Parth..You made the empire of your Eldest the most prosperous in Aryavarth..

Bhim lifted him up and applauded..Proud Of you Arjun.

Yudhishtir patted him and revealed..I coined a new name for you..Dhananjay.

Dhananjay..my blessings to you ..

As Arjun heard the most familiar voice he turned around and could not believe his eyes.

Don't you want to take your gift?

Arjun looked astonished. The next moment he ran into the arms of his Pitamah.

He clung to his neck just like he used to do in his childhood. He had tears in his eyes.

You remembered your promise? He asked in broken voice.

Why would I forget? You made the impossible possible . You brought Aryavarth under the same chatr. Is this a small feat? Bhishm questioned him with a proud smile.

Krishna smiled and said. Mahamahim Bhishm, your love for Parth is real. I am touched.

Milestone Round 3

paartha thumbnail
Nice update, the bonding between them was so amazing! 
ltelidevara thumbnail

Krishna looked at Arjun with affection and compassion.He then asked showering his grace on Arjun.

Jishnu,From where did you get such despicable thought? It will bring ill fame to you.You have to fight at any cost."

Arjun nodded his head with impatience.' No. I won't fight Madhav.Look at him. He is my Pitamah. In my childhood I used to climb into his lap with dirty feet. He never scolded me. He pampered me like I was his own son. How can I shoot him with an arrow? I see no pleasure in that. And my Guru?

He loved me more than his own son Aswathama. How can I wound him? And my foolish cousins. How can I send them to the land of death? No way. Never."

Arjun became silent. He has tears in his eyes.

Krishna spoke with a strange calmness that Arjun never saw before.' You mourn for those who are already dead? Do you think there was ever a time when you were not there or I was not there? You think with death all those kings cease to exist?Never.Every one is always there in Eternity."

Arjun did not get convinced.' Let them have it all. I don't like to eat blood stained food. Madhav don't persuade me to fight. I won't."

Arjun looked into Krishna's eyes and found them deep like ocean and distant as he never felt before.

Arjun persisted.' I can not fight. I am confused. I don't know what my dharma is.

I lost my peace of mind. I am disillusioned.Madhav,Guide me further.Instruct me my dharma.I can't decide by myself.But I remind you I can not kill my Elders for selfish reasons."

Arjun again took resort to silence having said thus.

The future of Aryavartha hung in balance.If Arjun refuses to fight, the Devine plan set by Krishna to reduce the burden of earth will not get fulfilled.

Krishna took Arjun's hand into his.' Parth listen to me.Happiness and Sorrow will come one after  another like winter and summer.

An intelligent person should not grieve both,Such a person surely deserves to get Moksha.

Soul never perishes. No one can destroy a soul.But body will get destroyed by all means,If you keep that in mind you will realise that you are not killing the soul.

Just like we leave old clothes and wear new clothes soul will change into another body.Soul can not be pierced by any weapon.It can not be burnt by fire.

Soul can not be drenched by water It can not be swept by wind."

Arjun stared at his friend trying to grasp the essence of his words.