Mythological Masti

The Chariot Of Dharma Last round page 6 IF- NC- Winner - Page 2

ltelidevara thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 5 years ago

Cgapter 3 ..

The unforgettable dawn 

That dawn was not like it used to be ...thought Panchali.. It will decide the future of Pandavas. It will let Aryavarth change for better..

She was optimistic about the outcome of war. She knew they will win come what may. Govind stood by them by being the charioteer Of his Parth.

But only one doubt left in her mind. Will Arjun fight with his full mettle? Specially towards Bhishma and Drona? His dearest grandfather who did not take initiative to prevent her insult in Kuru Sabha...his revered Preceptor who could not raise his voice against adharma...still gets the same honour and regard.

Draupadi knew only Arjun is in dilemma not her other husbands. But she can not help in any way..only Krishna can make him see reason..that whoever sided with adharma should be punished...

Yudhishtir was The first to arrive at the worship place where Draupadi is waiting with Aarti thali. 

Where are others? They should have been here by this time. We should reach the battlefield in time. He said with anxiety.

Bhima and Nakula came together. They were looking excited enough to commence the first day with a triumph over the rivals.

Bhima assured Draupadi...The countdown begins. I will punish your offenders very soon..

Panchali smiled with understanding.

Sahadeva joined Nakula and bowed before Durga.He informed..All our sons are ready with their weapons. They said you already blessed them with Arti...

Draupadi nodded her head and said with pride. " They were the first to arrive here..

And we were the last to arrive...Krishna said entering with Arjun.

What happened? Why were you late? ..Bhim  asked Arjun but Krishna was quick to respond.

Your brother had a face off with Pitamah Bhishm early in the morning. Both grandfather and grandson exchanged pleasantries and refused to come out of Hiranvati river but Duryodhan came there and reminded his commander in Chief Of his priorities.

Arjuna remembered his brief moments spent with his Pitamah. He heard his affectionate voice echo in his ears again.

I am waiting for the arrows released from Gandiv to caress me all over. Don't deprive that bliss of me.

Yudhishtir  looked at Arjun and said.. I decided on Achala vyuha for our army..Spies brought the information that they are forming Manusha vyuha. Do you have anything else in mind?

Arjun nodded his head...Your choice is my choice. I will let Drishtdyumna arrange Achala which is also called Vajra vyuha for us. ".He said instantly.

Yudhishtir said ..Fine..Then let us move to the field of battle and form the Vyuha. It takes time.

Arjun took Aarti and bid farewell to Draupadi ..He said while moving away...The security for our camp is tight. Still if you find any lapse send messengers.

Panchali nodded her head and smiled...She tried to suppress her apprehensions regarding his mindset..hoping for the best...Krishna's smile offered her solace.

Edited by ltelidevara - 5 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ltelidevara thumbnail

The journey to Battle Field

It was not far away from the camp but Arjuna felt he was travelling miles ..He could see Krishna driving his chariot with a serene expression on his face.

Arjuna turned his head and observed Drishtdyumn commanding the army with great confidence. When he addressed the army and the akshouhini commanders,Arjuncould see the silence and attention with which he was listened.

Arjun sighed with relief. He was the one who nominated Drishtdyumn for the chief commander position. Krishna supported him.

Somehow he did not want to burden his father in law Drupad with the responsibility..He ,at his age should have relaxed freely with his grandchildren but the insult done to his daughter had shaken him severely..He nourished UPA Pandavas in their absence along with Drishtdyumn..

The warrior who was an accomplice of his preceptor Drona wore armour at this age...Arjun could not help but look at his father in law who was a little behind Abhimanyu..

Krishna turned back and chuckled...Your father-in-law can fight with menace even now. Don't worry about him.

Before Arjuna could reply Abhimanyu rode past their chariot and prevented Krishna from moving ahead.

Abhimanyu shouted in excitement.' Pitasri where shall we be in our Vyuh?"

Arjun smiled at him and said.' Your Mama Dhrisht will be the peak.You and your brothers be with him.Bhrata Bheem will be just behind to take care of you .

Your Pitamah Drupad and Maharaj Virat will be in north and South

. Your Jyesht Pita Yudhishtir will be in the middle of the vyuha.

Atthe backside Raja Dhrisht Ketu and Chekitan will take their places." 

And where will you be Pitasri?" Abhi asked.

Krishna said with a meaningful smile.' Just opposite Santanav Bhishm along with Sikhandi."

Arjun became serious and signalled Abhimanyu to leave the path.

paartha thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Nice updates. Must have been really painful for Arjun to stand in front of his beloved Pitamah and Guru. Apart from Arjun, rest of the members of the Pandavas side were cheerful and eagerly waiting for the war to commence. Please post the next update soon.
ltelidevara thumbnail

The Pandava army marching ahead was optimistic and enthusiastic.

Yudhishtir had a contented expression on his face. Arjun  knew the reason. The sacrificial fire lit up by Dhaumya in the early hours rose higher without smoke and to the right side. It was a good sign and indicate success in endeavour.

Spies informed that Duryodhana's sacrificial fire was covered by smoke and kept to the left direction which was a sign of loss and destruction.

Krishna alerted Parth...See your grandfsther's vyuha was arranged...take inspiration from the old warrior.

Arjun shrugged his shoulders and checked the vyuha of Kauravas..that was quite imposing. Pitamah availed the large numbers he had to his advantage..he hailed in appreciation.

As the chariot entered the war Zone Arjun could see Drishtdyumna arrange their army in the form of Vajra,Indra's thunderbolt. He saw every one take their places as instructed by the chief commander.

As Arjun's chariot aporoached,everyone shouted in joy. Drishtdyumna asked him..Did I need to do any changes?

Arjun. answered instantly..Nothing . You did well but Keep Dhrishtaketu With Virata And Chekitana with Maharaj Drupad..That is essential to balance .

..Drishtdyumna understood ". Virata and Drupada were aged warriors. Hence Arjuna wanted them to be with younger maharadhis.

Abhimanyu shouted..When will the war commence? The Sun has risen already..

Arjun. signalled him with his eyes and said...Let Pitamah blow the conch. Then your Jyeshtpita will sound his conch. That will be the moment to start striking..

At that moment the Chariot Of the chief commander of Kaurava army,Santanav Bhishm came to the front and took the place at the head of their vyuha.

Arjun. asked Krishna..Will you take the chariot ahead to the middle space. I want to have a look at their army. I want to know whom I have to fight.

Krishna drove the chariot to that place from where both the armies are getting clearly visible ..He stopped the chariot and kept his whip aside...Look at both the armies..but make it fast. We have to take position.

Arjun kept his hand above his eyes as the morning rays of the Sun are obstructing his vision.

He first saw the white umbrella of his Pitamah Bhishm..Then his white turban,..the white colour extended to his beard and then his white armour..His white garments completed the full whiteness which is the symbol of peace that  pervaded all around making his silver white chariot glint in white . His white horses looked impatient to be standstill..and waited to gallop ahead.

Arjun's vision blurred due to the moisture in his eyes..Anytime a teardrop may fall down indicating his emotional trauma.. Arjun closed his eyes and heard the affectionate voice of his Pitamah..calling an eight year old boy with dark complexion...

Arjun my child...You can't lift my bow..don't try...I will get a small one for you..

paartha thumbnail
Nice update describing the situation leading up to the battle. This is the time where Arjun's composure got wavered and Lord Krishna had to pitch in. Please post next update soon.
ltelidevara thumbnail

Chapter 4

The Grandfather who became a Father

Arjun was  running faster and faster in the corridors of Hastinapur.The little toddler did not stop till he reached his Grandfather's chamber.

Bheeshm was seriously in conversation with border Security officers.Generally Bheeshm goes to confidential chamber meant to discuss these things.But since he is unwell due to his mental agony caused by Pandu's untimely death he called them there only.

Suddenly he felt the tiny hands of Arjun round his neck looking at him in anticipation.His clothes are dusty and his feet carried the dust into Bheeshma's White Dhoti and spread over it. 

Bheeshma looked down into the hazel eyes of the kid and immediately got connected to them. Those eyes are sharp intelligent and at the same time captivating. Arjun muttered under his breath.' Pitasri I am sad..hurt.." Bheeshm melted at his innocent banter.' Arjun I am not your Pitasri I am Pitasri to your Pitasri.Call me Pitamah." 

Arjun repeated the word Ppitamah with curiosity

.' Why are you sad and hurt Arjun? " Bhishm asked him placing his hand on his head. 

Arjun became dull.' Pitamah,It was crushed by Dussasan. It was broken." 

Arjun looked up and pleaded with him in hesitation...May I get your bow Pitamah?

Bheeshm could not see tears in Arjun's eyes.He wiped them and said..Arjun..my child! You can not lift my bow. I will get you a new one.

He then looked at the officers and ordered.' Go and get a bow for my boy in his size .I don't mean wooden one." 

The officers looked at each other. They came there to discuss the hostile Yavana king but now they were entrusted with another job.They ran as fast as they can. Arjun's eyes twinkled with excitement.He stood on Bheeshma's lap and kissed him on his cheek to express his happiness.

Bheeshm made Arjun sit properly and started. You know Arjun in our Kuruvamsh great archers were there in the past...Arjun forgot his sadness and listened to the stories of his ancestors.

Within two hours Arjun got his unbreakable small designer bow made by the chief Architecht of Hastinapur.As he fixed the arrow on it,Bheeshm couldn't believe his eyes. 

Such precision at that age? He  wondered and blessed him with pride..You will enhance the glory of Kuruvamsh
paartha thumbnail
Nice one, they had such a lovely relationship. Bhishm obviously would have seen some of his traits in young Arjun such as bravery, discipline, humility and so on and must have connected to him quickly. Because of such loving relationship, Arjun had great difficulty in fighting at full throttle against Bhishm even after listening to Gita from Lord Krishna. Definitely feel, Arjun/Bhishma had a special relationship compared to other grandsons. 
ltelidevara thumbnail

Arjuna sighed and turned his face to the right of his Pitamah. There he is..his Guru Dron.His dignified countenance,the detached look in his eyes made Parth..reminisce his golden past.

Eight year old Arjun spell bound on seeing the way ball came out from the well. The urge to do it himself and the love for his bow did not let him stand still. He was instrumental in bringing his Pitamah there and the rest is history

How could he forget the voice that dictated him,demonstrated him,encouraged him and made him the best in Aryavarth.!

How could he shout his arrows on his most revered Preceptor who loved him more than his own son Aswathama?

Arjun stared at his beloved Guru. His voice rang in his ears.

What did you see Arjun?

Only the bird eye Gurudev..nothing else...Arjun could hear his own voice.

Shoot...an excited Drona ordered.

There was the sound of a sharp crack and the bird fell,hit only in the eye with great precision.

Arjun could see the smile on his Guru's face even now...How could he aim his shots on him who graced him with such affection ..!

paartha thumbnail
Nice one. No wonder, because of such loving relationship Arjun found it extremely difficult to fight with his Pitamah and Guru. Guru Drona loved and encouraged him so much. They had a model Teacher-Student relationship.
RisingPhoenix thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Catching up with it. Such a beautiful story Lakshmi di. You are the most resourceful person I know as far as Mahabharat is concerned and this is a mesmerising fanfic. Keep writing such wonderful stories.❤️

-Manali