Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Pain-in-ur-Neck thumbnail
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Tris007

Oh god this one again! Everyone keeps referring to it! You guys are making me curious lol

BTW Memories of the Alhambra today  Ready to be scared again?πŸ˜†

OMy... I am excited actually ... I think we have gone past the "sad/scary" phase now temporary .. there will be some light hearted moments today .. so looking forward ... it's about time they bloom their romance ... πŸ˜† 
I am really curious tho how the show will shape from hereon ... writers better not disappoint!

poo_j thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: 4thPrincoholic

[[Some Spoilers from Scarlet Heart]]

@Tris ... Just read your review on the other thread for "Scarlet Heart" even after your warning ... πŸ€£ ... I don't mind at all .. not that kind of sensitive fan of 4th prince or the show ... πŸ˜†
Firstly, I am surprised that you managed to finish it ALL ... πŸ˜†

Anyways, Scarlet for me is the same for me more or less like you described.. I loved the beginning of the show .. brothers bonding .. FL's childishness (bit too childish at times) ... and her interactions with brothers! ... I loved 4th Prince ofc .. along with him I loved 10th prince too (?hope I got the # right, you know the one who dies at 4th prince's hands) and his wife! ... I also liked I think 13th prince ... you know the one who falls for the dancer .. he's a cutie (same ML from "Weightlifting Fairy ... another show you got to WATCH .. πŸ˜†)! 

Back to 4th prince ... he becomes a major douche towards the end! ... I liked his character arc until he become the king .. afterwards it's a dive down! .. But story is based on real King, which I read was much worse than what was shown ... so it was bound to end on a "sad note"! ... Twist in the end with her remembering everything was like an open end, an end which can be used to built season 2 if they want to [[ Apparently this show is based on a Chinese drama, that one had season 2, which didn't fare too well so not sure if there'll be season 2 for the Korean version]]!
And ofc his obsessiveness was a bit extreme at times ... I have same issue with many Korean dramas actually .. MLs going crazy with their "you're mine, you're mine" nonsense ... as if FL is some kinda object! .. so I have taken that aspect as part of their culture I guess since "jealousy and extreme passiveness" is found in every other show .. πŸ˜†

All in all, I am not very big on historical dramas ... but I couldn't stop watching Scarlet after seeing it's first Ep ... it was a good historical dramas compared to few others I have seen .. there are many more rated historical K-dramas, but I don't bother since they don't interest me much!

Everyone becomes crazy and obsessive after one becomes King..May be its like a curse for the King!!!

On second season(present world)..Cdrama one of what I heard they didn't get a HEA too..And since this drama didn't fair well rating wise..Don't think there will be season 2 in Korean!!!
poo_j thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Basilisk

Finished watching Whisper and will probably start The Player next. Lately, I've been so into these crime fighting shows. πŸ˜†

Try Signal, Tunnel, Love Me If You Dare, Heartless City, I Can Hear Your Voice, The Girl Who Sees Smell and Black if you haven't..
[[Spoilers from Eternal Love: 10 Miles...]]

@Tris @Poo ...I watched "Eternal Love: 10 Miles peach ..." drama as well [@Poo thanks for the recommendation] ... It was a "beautiful drama" .. I liked the drama since it wasn't historical but more on the lines of "fantasy and mythology" ... so it was fun to watch! ... I have to say C-dramas are so darn pretty and radiantly beautiful! ... CGI is much better than Korean ones I think... but they are LONG ...ggg! [[ I wonder if there are any Korean shows on Gods and Goddesses? ... Chinese religion is a lot alike to Hinduism with Gods and Goddesses .. I always found even culturally they are quite alike to Indians]]

Anyways, so I focused mainly on the main leads and skipped most of the other parts! ... I usually get the gist of side characters and their storyline even after skipping! ... so skipped many many parts since I really don't have patience to keep going 1 ep at a time ... binged watched it over the holidays I had! ... Watched most of the "main leads and some second leads" scenes! ... LOVED them both ... they both brought different flavors to the game! .. tho I would like to go back and watch many scenes of second leads which I skipped initially .. I may go back and watch their scenes! 

With second leads, loved the "age difference" ... it would be rather creepy in real world .. but in the Heaven realm it all goes esp when the ML didn't look a year older than 30... πŸ˜† .. FL was your regular chirpy type ... while ML the regular silent deep thinker .. πŸ˜† .. even then they were really cute together .. loved FL's love for him .. her constant efforts to make him fall for her .. more than that efforts just to be with him was <3 ... I also loved their parts in the "mortal realm" .. Finally FL gets what she kept desiring for years! ... Tho ML looks better in his "platinum hair and full shave" ... like she said he looked rather "ugly" in his mortal self .. πŸ˜† ... These two were enjoyable fosho! ... ((I read that there will be drama on these two ONLY ... and I can't wait .. tho I am not sure if there'll be happy ending or what more can they wove story around ... we more or less already know how their story ends unless there'll be some twist .. no clue))

Main leads were LOVE ... they had brilliant chemistry .. I can see why the show is so popular .. it's them esp our scrumptious ML who has a lot nicer hair than me ... πŸ˜† He looks HOT even in his long dreads! ... FL is cute too ... they both did set the screen on fire few times! ... @Tris .. I also found Ye Hua and Bai Qian much better together... I think it's becoz BQian was a BADASS ... Loved her attitude .. the way she went and snatched her eyes without any second thoughts ... :Hallelujah: it was ... I liked how every lives of theirs there was different flavor of romance ... that's what made the drama work! ... Even Susu and Ye Hua were cute together and had their cute little love story .. ofc until they step in Heaven ... skip skip skip it was for me too ... πŸ˜† .. I couldn't tolerate the bitch on the show ... she kept pissing me off ... good actor but her parts were annoying, sad and intolerable! .. With so much negativity and long eps audience is eagerly keeps waiting for the "justice" and that one episode where everything comes to an end for the bitch was so satisfying! ... πŸ‘ 
Ofc the ending was great too .. HAPPY ENDING .. tho I wanted something more from the ending! 

Also since the beginning I always thought Ye Hua and Mo Yuan would be ONE soul! ... The twins twist I didn't like much .. I wish there were both one and the same since even I felt the chemistry between Mo Yuan and BQian as well ... Mo Yuan was inclined more towards her and he had feelings for her till the end ... while BQian only saw him as her "master" ... I guess that's why I didn't mind it as much that they were different individuals .. but I still wished they were SAME .. πŸ˜†

I still disliked the "forceful kissing" scenes ... they still bother me and are found majorly in every other C-drama .. guess it's a lot to do with the culture .. even then they don't work most of the times! ... At least here it seemed to work a bit since BQian (in one of the kissing scenes) didn't hesitate to slap the living lights out of Ye Huan when it happened ... πŸ˜†

All in all, worth a watch fosho! ... This drama intrigued me to watch more such shows ... do recommend more .. NO historical ones ONLY fantasy ones plz

Originally posted by: poo_j

Everyone becomes crazy and obsessive after one becomes King..May be its like a curse for the King!!!

On second season(present world)..Cdrama one of what I heard they didn't get a HEA too..And since this drama didn't fair well rating wise..Don't think there will be season 2 in Korean!!!

Ofc that's a given ... I realized after watching "Scarlet" how it's a pretty darn badass job keeping position of a "King"! ... He can get attacked anytime from anywhere .. And has to compromise a lot to make sure their Kingdom stays strong and safe! ... His father also had a very "sad love story" ... So I understand how after becoming Kings their personality and attitude take a hit fosho! ...

I was actually speaking more of "obsessive lovers" in K-drama .. most MLs have very low tolerance when it comes to "jealousy and possessiveness"  ... at least that's how they keep showing in the dramas ... πŸ˜† ... that's the aspect I was speaking of where they consider FL as some kind of object than a person! 
Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail

[[Some Spoilers from Scarlet Heart]]

@Tris ... Just read your review on the other thread for "Scarlet Heart" even after your warning ... πŸ€£ ... I don't mind at all .. not that kind of sensitive fan of 4th prince or the show ... πŸ˜†
Firstly, I am surprised that you managed to finish it ALL ... πŸ˜†

Anyways, Scarlet for me is the same for me more or less like you described.. I loved the beginning of the show .. brothers bonding .. FL's childishness (bit too childish at times) ... and her interactions with brothers! ... I loved 4th Prince ofc .. along with him I loved 10th prince too (?hope I got the # right, you know the one who dies at 4th prince's hands) and his wife! ... I also liked I think 13th prince ... you know the one who falls for the dancer .. he's a cutie (same ML from "Weightlifting Fairy ... another show you got to WATCH .. πŸ˜†)! 

Back to 4th prince ... he becomes a major douche towards the end! ... I liked his character arc until he become the king .. afterwards it's a dive down! .. But story is based on real King, which I read was much worse than what was shown ... so it was bound to end on a "sad note"! ... Twist in the end with her remembering everything was like an open end, an end which can be used to built season 2 if they want to [[ Apparently this show is based on a Chinese drama, that one had season 2, which didn't fare too well so not sure if there'll be season 2 for the Korean version]]!
And ofc his obsessiveness was a bit extreme at times ... I have same issue with many Korean dramas actually .. MLs going crazy with their "you're mine, you're mine" nonsense ... as if FL is some kinda object! .. so I have taken that aspect as part of their culture I guess since "jealousy and extreme passiveness" is found in every other show .. πŸ˜†

All in all, I am not very big on historical dramas ... but I couldn't stop watching Scarlet after seeing it's first Ep ... it was a good historical dramas compared to few others I have seen .. there are many more rated historical K-dramas, but I don't bother since they don't interest me much!

Ah, people just don't listen...*signs* 
lol
Oh he isss...! So I stubled upon few scenes from Weightlifting Fairy just today and I was thinking I've seen that ML somewhere before! I see where now! Yeah he's so cute and super nice and mature... and I think I've already talked about him a lot before πŸ˜†

@bold See still it's so annoying to hear it again and again. I get the jealousy but 'you're mine' type of jealousy is scary. Too much possessiveness ends up like Scarlet Heart. Yup. Though her desire at her death bed to meet him... I felt nothing. πŸ€”
Guess what... I've got a show for you girl. Eternal Love? You seen it? It's Chinese and its goood. I know you're a fan of CDramas but this one is good. You might get annoyed in the middle and may want to FF later on. Do it. I did it. πŸ˜† But its still good! 
Bet you'll come at me with I've already seen it or tried it... you're more experienced in Asian shows πŸ€£

I am really not looking forward to any more Korean Historical Drama. I really didn't like their emphasis on beauty so much in Scarlet heart. 

EDIT: I love the word "douche" for ML (after he became the king). Also, I thought you'll bee more sensitive towards this show, given your profile picture and signatureπŸ˜† Good you proved me wrong there lol
Edited by Tris007 - 5 years ago

Originally posted by: Tris007

Guess what... I've got a show for you girl. Eternal Love? You seen it? It's Chinese and its goood. I know you're a fan of CDramas but this one is good. You might get annoyed in the middle and may want to FF later on. Do it. I did it. πŸ˜† But its still good! 
Bet you'll come at me with I've already seen it or tried it... you're more experienced in Asian shows πŸ€£

A little too late in recommending ... πŸ˜†.. I am sure you have already glanced at the "essay" above ... πŸ€£ .. I hadn't seen it until few days back .. Poo rec the show ... I had holidays and guess what I did .. binged watched it ofc ... πŸ˜† .. but I FFed a lot of junk! .. I just wanted to see how the main leads wrap up with their "three lives" story ... so mostly watched their parts only!

Just saw your edit .. Well ofc .. there's no fun in being sensitive .. πŸ˜† 
We all got our own taste and preferences ... mostly all loved "misty" while I thrashed it badly .. πŸ˜† .. Same with Healer .. y'all love it ... while I not so much! ... I prefer Pinocchio (which you couldn't finish) over Healer! ..πŸ˜† .. so it's all cool in our La La Land!... πŸ˜†
Edited by 4thPrincoholic - 5 years ago
Tris007 thumbnail

OMy... I am excited actually ... I think we have gone past the "sad/scary" phase now temporary .. there will be some light hearted moments today .. so looking forward ... it's about time they bloom their romance ... πŸ˜† 
I am really curious tho how the show will shape from hereon ... writers better not disappoint!

Nahh we still have ML stuck in that quest πŸ˜† But I know what you mean. More romance now... we'll see more of those longing looks of Hyun bae πŸ˜†

@bold Girl same!! I am wondering too. 
Oh! Soo... I saw this Park Shin insta video where she was answering questions by fans. i think live, not sure. Anyway, so she was asked who she'll like to play other than her own character in the show. She said Jin-woo (ML) as she wants to be at highest level like him in the game. Now, if you understand the main point here... good πŸ˜›
I totally did it intentionally! Totally! Bye :P
Tris007 thumbnail

A little too late in recommending ... πŸ˜†.. I am sure you have already glanced at the "essay" above ... πŸ€£ .. I hadn't seen it until few days back .. Poo rec the show ... I had holidays and guess what I did .. binged watched it ofc ... πŸ˜† .. but I FFed a lot of junk! .. I just wanted to see how the main leads wrap up with their "three lives" story ... so mostly watched their parts only!

Just saw your edit .. Well ofc .. there's no fun in being sensitive .. πŸ˜† 
We all got our own taste and preferences ... mostly all loved "misty" while I thrashed it badly .. πŸ˜† .. Same with Healer .. y'all love it ... while I not so much! ... I prefer Pinocchio (which you couldn't finish) over Healer! ..πŸ˜† .. so it's all cool in our La La Land!... πŸ˜†

Did you like it? I see no appreciative words here πŸ€£

Which one did you watch first? Healer or Pinnochio? 
Tris007 thumbnail
Sam! Never mind me. I see a long long essay on the prevous page now🀣