Posted: 4 years ago

Originally posted by: nuomi.riceball

You have been missing for too long 😖

Ya Mafaaza na? Woh toh jab ki gayab hai. đŸ˜”đŸ˜†

mafaaza12 thumbnail

Originally posted by: nuomi.riceball

You have been missing for too long 😖

Hmmmm😒. I lost my mobile month back. Got new one few days back. 

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update dear 

Convo between bela yuvi & mahir was good

They closed that topic completely

yuvi & Vish are together & they are hiding it

Update soon please 

Thanks 

The.Wanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: asifiqbalsh

Nice update dear 

Convo between bela yuvi & mahir was good

They closed that topic completely

yuvi & Vish are together & they are hiding it

Update soon please 

Thanks 

Thanks Asif. Yes in the next few chapters Yuvi's secret will come out

The.Wanderer thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

CHAPTER 27- ANNIVERSARY

With Yuvi’s behaviour sorted and the Anu’s chapter behind them, the entire focus was on the upcoming event. Bella was being a real taskmaster and both the Sehgal boys were working their asses off. Bella wanted the party to be a legendary one and she was working very hard to achieve that result. Mahir and Yuvi appreciated her dedication and shared her vision and hence worked without complaints. 

One day at the dining table Sumitra announced that she wanted to say something. 

“Bella and Mahir, you both have been working really hard for the last few days.” She said. 

“Hey! What about me?” Yuvi protested. He got a sharp whack from Polo. 

“So, as I was saying, BeHir have been working very hard and they deserve a break. So I have decided that they will go out for a few days.” Sumitra declared. 

“But Ma, the party is next week and there is s much to do.” Bella protested. 

“It’s your first anniversary in two days Bella. It is not something that would come ever again. We want you to celebrate it away from all this stress. You can come back exactly two days before the party. That gives you about 4 days in all.” Andy told her. 

“But dad, we are okay with not going out now,” Mahir said. 

“Shut up! No arguments, both of you! You will do as we say, and we say your flight to Goa leaves tomorrow morning. So, go and get some rest.” Sumitra announced. 

“But ma, what about our bags? Our clothes? We didn’t get any time to pack those things...” Bella began but she was cut off by Sumitra.

“Suhani has seen to it. She has packed your bags and Pratham has packed yours, Mahir. You both are all set. Now just go.” 

Bella looked at Suhani and saw that she was smiling devilishly. “Okay, Suhani show me what all clothes have you packed?” Bella asked. 

“Why do you want to know?” Suhani retorted. “I know you well enough by now. And anyways your holiday wardrobe has ma and mom’s seal of approval. So you need not worry about anything. And if you are worried about comfort then let me tell you, all the clothes are very comfortable and airy.”

Bella looked at her suspiciously and she smiled back innocently. Once the dinner was done, Bella and Mahir headed to their room. 

“Did you know ma was planning this?” Mahir asked Bella.

“No! I had no idea. Anyways it’s a good thing that we get a few days off before the big event Mahir.” Bella replied. 

“You are saying this? Bella Sehgal, the taskmaster herself is saying this? Wow!” Mahir asked her in mock surprise. 

“Shut up, okay! I am not so bad.” Bella retorted. 

“Bella, try being your own boss for one day. You will know just how bad you are. Even Yuvi is terrified of you and works hard so that you don’t lose your temper on him. You know back in the day when dad was still trying to get Yuvi to join the family business, Yuvi didn’t even follow dad’s commands the way he follows your orders.” Mahir replied. 

“Am I so bad Mahir?” Bella asked him, her voice somewhat hurt. Mahir noticed that and bit his tongue. He should have watched his words. In reality, Bella was a perfectionist and being that she expected everything to be perfect. She was never inconsiderate but she hated laziness at work. And Yuvi worked hard because he knew that. He and all of their subordinates knew that Bella herself put in a lot of efforts and did not let anything come in her way of achieving the desired results. But that did not mean that she was unreasonable. If someone had some genuine problem, she was ever ready to help them. Her subordinates knew that and hence didn’t mind when she demanded perfection. 

“Ummm you do know that I was kidding right?” Mahir asked her. 

Bella looked at Mahir, surprised. Mahir continued, “Mostly. I mean you are a perfectionist but then you are reasonable as well. To most of your employees anyways. But for me? You are especially ruthless.”

“What? Me and ruthless?” Bella asked him incredulously. 

“Well... Everyone will be rewarded according to their work... everyone except me,” Mahir pouted. 

“You, my dear husband, will be getting a lot more than rewards. Just wait until we get to Goa.” Bella replied coyly. 

“Is that so?” Mahir pulled her close. 

“Ummhmmm” Bella nodded her head. 

“So, will I get to see a preview of what I am about to get? Mahir asked while pulling her over to the bed. 

Next morning, as BeHir were getting ready to leave for their vacation cum honeymoon, Bella stumbled a little as stepped out of the bathroom. Mahir caught her before she hurt herself. 

“Careful Bella!” he said as he led her to a nearby chair. “Are you okay?”

She just nodded her head but the nodding motion caused a wave of nausea to wash over her and pressed a hand to her mouth and rushed to the bathroom with Mahir following her, looking worried. She was bent over the sink and when Mahir tried to support her, she pushed him away but he firmly held on to her. When she was very sure that nothing was coming out, Mahir once again led her out. She had a pounding headache now. She sat on the chair clutching her head while Mahir poured her a glass of water. He offered her that and she took it gratefully. But one sip later she pushed the glass away. Plain water was making her feel sick. Breakfast was still some time away and so Mahir insisted that she lie down for some time. She didn’t argue. She was feeling exhausted by then.

After lying down for fifteen-twenty minutes, she felt much better. In fact, she was very hungry. As they went downstairs for breakfast, she requested Mahir that he was not to mention her spell of sickness to anyone. Not even mom or ma. Mahir promised her that he won’t. Breakfast went pleasantly enough. After breakfast, Suhani brought out a surprisingly small bag for Bella. Mahir’s bag was well sized. When Bella looked suspiciously at Suhani, she winked. Suhani and Pratham were headed to Coorg and their flight left later that day. 

They both bid a cheerful goodbye to their family and started off on their first vacation together. One flight and a short drive later they were in a fancy sea-facing hotel. Their villa had a great view. In fact, Bella was delighted to find that their one wall of their bedroom was completely glass and the door opened onto a deck, complete with deck chairs and a private pool. They could see waves crashing against the rocks some distance below. As soon as they entered the room, she threw open the glass doors and took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of salty fresh air. 

She just stood there, looking out at the sea and enjoying the light breeze that blew from the sea when Mahir joined her there. She felt him hug her from behind and melted into his embrace. Mahir rested his chin on her shoulder and sighed in contentment. After a long moment, Bella turned to look at him. Her eyes were sparkling with excitement as she looked at him. 

“Let’s explore the rest of the villa,” she said. Mahir bent down and scooped her up in his arms and Bella gasped at being suddenly lifted off her feet. He carried her back into their bedroom and out through the door that led to their living room. Even the living room was fairly secluded with one entrance opening out into a small secret garden complete with a small fountain and a hammock. 

Bella gave a delighted squeal at the sight of the hammock and threw herself in it. Mahir smiled at her childlike delight and his smile grew even wider when she invited him to join her there. The hammock was just wide enough for the two of them and hence it was very cosy. Bella suddenly hugged him tightly. When she looked up, she saw that Mahir was looking at her lovingly.  They both continued to lie in the hammock for some more time before they got down and headed inside the villa once again. Now there was just one room left to explore. Their bathroom. Hand in hand they both headed to the door they had not yet opened.  

It was a spacious room which was cut directly into the cliff on which the villa was perched. One wall was a complete rock and the ceiling was partly glass, allowing natural light inside the room. It had a huge tub sunk into the floor and fairly large shower area. 

“Like the room?” Mahir asked her. 

Bella simply nodded her head, too delighted to speak. They both came out to the living room once again and settled on the massive couch. Bella hugged herself closer to Mahir as he stroked her hair lightly. Just then Bella’s mobile pinged in her pocket. She saw that Suhani had messaged. 

‘I hope you like the room. Consider this as one of your first-anniversary presents from me and Pratham. Love, Suhani.’ 

Bella typed back, ‘You know me too well. The room is beautiful. I love it! Bye... PS: One of the presents? Meaning?’

Suhani’s reply was a devil smile emoji. 

Bella shrugged and looked at Mahir who was watching her keenly. 

“This is all Suhani and Pratham’s idea. This room is an anniversary present from the two of them. In all the rush of planning the event, I completely forgot to them something. Shit! I am such a bad friend.” Bella told Mahir. She was looking very guilty now. She knew that Pratham had booked a holiday in Coorg for him and Suhani and so Bella had thought she will get a gift for Suhani once the event gets over. But looking at the room around her, she was touched and was feeling even guiltier for not having thought of something for her best friend. 

“Bella, you were busy with the preparations so...” Mahir was interrupted by Bella. 

“That’s no excuse, Mahir. I should have thought of something.  She did all of this for me and...” Mahir let her rant till she was done. And then he quietly went to the other room where he had kept his phone and brought it out. 

“Relax Bella. Since you were busy with the preparations, I went ahead and got them an anniversary present. I hope you approve of it.” Saying this he showed her a photograph of a spacious studio. Her jaw dropped. 

“We are gifting them a studio Mahir?” she asked him. 

“Yes. I hated the fact that my brother was working in a rented space. He would have never accepted it otherwise. But I managed to get Suhani to convince him to accept this as an anniversary gift from us. Pratham is talented. He deserves to own a space of his own. His own little den. It’s at Kala Ghoda. The studio has a small apartment at the top that will serve as his workspace plus he can stay there overnight. I thought they both deserve to have their own space to sneak off to when they need privacy. The apartment has a bed that can be folded back into the wall and kitchen with basic amenities. It’s not much but then I didn’t want to go overboard. I didn’t want him to feel incompetent. I hope what I did was right?”Mahir asked her uncertainly. 

“Absolutely Mahir! This is perfect. Even I wanted them to have a studio of their own but then I knew Suhani would never accept it if I gifted them that. And Mahir, it’s a start. Pratham is as ambitious as he is determined. He will build it up from here. And with Suhani as his partner, they will go places. I am sure of it!” Bella replied. 

“Phew! Okay, so what’s your other gift? The first gift is so perfect that I can’t wait to see what she has gifted you in particular.” Mahir was looking around enthusiastically as if he expected a gift to materialise out of thin air. 

Bella shrugged. “No idea. She just sent a devil smile emoji... No wait, here’s another message from her.” Bella read out the text aloud.

‘Check your bag. The gift(s) are for you but Mahir bhai will enjoy them more. You are welcome bhai.’ Wink emoji. 

“Ummm what is this supposed to mean? The gifts are for you, but I will enjoy them more? What does it even mean?” Mahir asked her confused. Meanwhile, Bella’s face had lost its confused look and was looking cross between exasperated and apprehensive. She was also shaking, partly out of nervousness and partly out excitement. Now she understood why her bag was so small and light in weight. Mahir was looking at her reactions in a bewildered manner. 

“I... I will just come. DON’T follow me.” Bella shouted over her shoulder as almost ran to the bedroom where she had dropped her bag. Mahir was even more confused by her reaction. 

Bella rushed to her bag and opened the chain to find scraps of black lace at the top with a handwritten note tucked in its folds. She opened the note with trembling fingers.

Dear Bella, the note said

Last time I gifted you lingerie was because I was helpless. I was helpless to see my best friend destroy her chance at a happy married life with her own hands. I know you had tried to tell bhai and he had rejected because he knew what you didn’t know then. His younger brother loved you. But despite knowing that, I argued with myself that just because you couldn’t have Mahir as your life partner, it didn’t mean that you should settle with Yuvi. I knew you deserved better but you were adamant. Your argument that Mahir bhai promised to look out for you was the lamest one I had ever heard. That was the only time I had heard my extremely rational friend say something so stupid. I was helpless to see my best friend marry a man who was wrong for in more ways than one. 

Finally defeated and resigned to fate, the ‘wedding gift’ was my last-ditch attempt to warn you, to give you a wakeup call before the inevitable happened. The gift and my bitter words were my way of letting you know that you will lose your identity post-marriage and you will only be a sexy body, nothing else. I know you got the message. Your eyes told me as much yet my words were not enough to convince you to call off the wedding. It was during those days that I saw how blind love can get. Despite being madly in love, I had never really understood the madness that is love. It was your love for bhai that was making you marry Yuvi. You trusted bhai and not Yuvi. It was madness, sheer madness. When Yuvi went missing from the house, it was heartbreaking to see you collapse like that. When you confided in me that you intended to leave the city and go, I had to do something. 

Anyways, the point is that when bhai agreed to marry you, I was the happiest person in this entire world. I wanted to be there when bhai convinced you, but Pratham convinced me to let bhai handle the situation. And you know the rest of the story. 

Letter from here onwards is addressed to Mahir bhai. Bhai, it was exactly a year ago that I had marched up to your room, banged on the door and spoken those harsh words to you. I am sorry but I am NOT at all sorry. If given a chance, I would do the same thing all over again. A year ago I had handed over MY Bella to you. My best friend, my sister, the first love of my life. The one who laughed with me, cried with me, loved me with all her heart, the one who fought for me, the one who stood with me when no one did, she was MY Bella till last year. Last year, I stood at your room’s door because I knew that she deserved you. I was not at all sure if you deserved her. Today I know that you deserve her as much as she deserves you. 

Your loving sister, 

Suhani

PS- This is my attempt to help you get rid of the fear of lingerie that I had instilled in your heart. I hope this helps. 

Bella looked around confused. What was Suhani talking about? Especially the last paragraph of the letter made zero sense to her. As she pulled out the black lacy thing, she recognized it as the one which Mahir had gifted her. She wondered how Suhani found out about it. The rest of the bag was full of a lot of lace but there was plenty of satin as well. The most embarrassing one was the one that Mahir had gifted her. Unsurprisingly, there was not a single normal dress in there. She sighed. So that was what Suhani meant when she had said that her wardrobe had Ma and mom’s seal of approval. She blushed suddenly thinking about wearing any of that stuff. 

She heard Mahir calling out to her worriedly and realised that she had been in there for a long time. She went back out the note and handed the note to Mahir. She told him to read it when he looked at her puzzled. As his eyes travelled lower, he became more and more uncomfortable. This was something he had never shared with Bella. The reason why he had gone to her room to propose marriage was known only to Suhani. Pratham and him. He looked at Bella, waiting for her barrage of questions but she was looking distracted. He decided not to pursue the topic. 

“So, ummm... Suhani’s other gift is lingerie?” Mahir asked her. 

“Yes,” she said absentmindedly. 

“Hey! What’s on your mind Bella? If you are uncomfortable wearing that, it’s absolutely fine by me. We will go to the boutique tomorrow and buy some normal clothes for you.” Mahir assured her. 

“No, it’s not that. Some parts of the letter don’t make any sense to me. I guess you got some explaining to do. Let’s leave that for later. I am hungry. Let’s eat something.” Saying this she walked towards the door and waited for Mahir to follow her. 

Once they came back, they enjoyed a spectacular sunset together. Since their room looked out at the sea, they had an uninterrupted view of the sunset. As the setting sun’s rays lighted up the deck, Mahir looked at Bella and said a silent prayer to God for bringing Bella in his life. Bella was lying on the other deck chair. She was still in the clothes that she had worn while travelling. Mahir had changed into a pair of shorts and was lying shirtless. Bella was finding it extremely difficult to not get distracted by the shirtless perfection lying just a few feet away. 

When the blazing reds and fiery oranges changed into mellow blues and velvety purples, Bella stirred and got up. Since they had had some really heavy snacks, they had decided that dinner was not an option. When Mahir tried to follow her inside, she motioned for him to stay put. She went inside and pulled the curtains so that he couldn’t see inside the villa at all. He was curious as to what she was doing. He could hear her move about the room. At one point he heard the bang of a door and guessed that she had gone for a bath. 

It was fairly dark now and when a couple of mosquitoes decided that Mahir’s blood was very appetizing, Mahir got up and switched on the fairy lights that decked up the deck and also the mosquito repellent machine. Bella had still not returned. Mahir smiled at the closed door and pulled curtains. They had not spoken a single word since they had returned. They had just laid there in adjoining deck chairs, holding hands and silently admiring the view. While many would have tried to fill the silence with some form of conversation, BeHir had avoided doing that. It was extremely comforting to lie there, holding hands and watch the sun sink lower as the sky changed colours. They would occasionally see a group of birds fly across the sky with one or two stragglers bring up the rear. It was soothing to hear the sound of waves and an occasional cry of some sea bird. Indeed, the silence was the best conversation. 

Mahir had made a mental note to get a time-lapse of the sunset the next day. He was now beginning to wonder about Bella. She had been gone for nearly an hour and a half now. In the meanwhile, Bella was facing a dilemma of her own. She had taken a bath and had stepped out of the bathroom wrapped in a fluffy white bathrobe. She went to her bag and was contemplating on what to wear. She had two options, either she could wear the clothes that she had worn while travelling or she could wear one of the nighties gifted by Suhani. While, most were wearable satin and lace had always seemed like a naughty combination to her. Add to it her dilemma that the one which Mahir had gifted her was laying right in front of her. 

It was embarrassing to even look at, she couldn’t imagine wearing it. But she also knew that Mahir would be delighted if she wore that. So she picked it up and proceeded to put it on. Once it was on her body, it was even more embarrassing to look at herself in the mirror. She was unable to fathom the reason why she was feeling so shy. She looked at herself in the mirror with great difficulty and said, ‘Come on Bella! You can do it. It’s just Mahir out there and you know he will never judge you. He loves you and you love him. He is the same guy you tried to seduce while pretending to be drunk on your wedding night. Stop behaving like a newly married girl who is about to face her husband for the first time. You have been married for a year now. You can do it!’

After giving herself this prep talk, she turned and went towards the deck and pulled back the curtains before she lost her nerve. Mahir heard the swish of curtains being moved and looked. In the light that spilled from inside the villa he could see Bella standing there. As she moved towards him, his jaw dropped. It was evident to him that she was wearing the lingerie that he had gifted her and she was looking gorgeous in it. He had tried to picture her in that set ever since he bought it but nothing from even his wildest imaginations could match up to how she was looking just then. 

She sashayed up to him and tried to strike a pose but before she could Mahir has stood up and hugged her tightly. She hugged him back just as tightly. He released her after some time and made her sit down in his deck chair. That’s when he noticed that she was not very comfortable in that dress. She kept tugging at the hems but it didn’t help since it was lingerie, it was meant to expose skin, not cover it. 

“Hey! You okay?” he asked her gently. 

She nodded her head somewhat shy that he had noticed her nervousness. 

“You want to head inside?” Mahir asked her. 

She shook her head. 

“Bella say something! Your silence is driving me crazy.” Mahir told her. 

In response she bent forward and kissed him sweetly on his lips. He was caught off guard for a moment before he responded. They continued to kiss for some more time before moving to the bed. 

After some time, as they lay tangled in each other’s arms, Bella tried to sit up. Mahir removed his hand from her torso and allowed her to sit properly. 

“Mahir, I want some answers.” She announced. 

Mahir nodded his head. He had been waiting for this since she had read Suhani’s note. He had answers to all her questions and she deserved to know the answers. 

“Bella, before you ask me anything, let me tell you, this is the last secret that I had kept from you intentionally. I didn’t want to end up telling you something that would hurt you and I felt this bit of information was strictly a need to know thing. But now that the matter has come up, I plan to give you the entire story. 

asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Nice update dear 

Loved it

nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: mafaaza12

Hmmmm😒. I lost my mobile month back. Got new one few days back. 

Hey I hope you are able to retrieve all the contacts and data in your previous phones.