Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

honeyrosid-6 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 5 years ago

Originally posted by: TheMockingBird

You are judging actress seeing some scenes here and there  from her two shows and made post ob her acting skills lol

i hv watched her different shows and know tthe characters were different but yeah some scenes may hv similarty but then itv shows lacks creativity.It is difficult to get something different in itv still drashti took role of nandini which was supposed to be grey but writer butchered it for her that speaks that she tried to do sometthing different from pure white mahaan characters but things didn't work her way then can you blame her for that too.
PS i was not talking about Aditi i like aditi and D both
i was talking about manish.

Sorry fr poking in middle  ..I feel Manish is good actor ...bt he didn't get chance to proove his skill..he acted in serial where the story revolves around sisters n his role is like wallpaper ...even I'm huge fan of him still if I was not ok with charcter graph I definitly won't support his charcter..n any I feel if his acting is not ok in any scene I definitly wont praise him blindly
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: AngryBirdAddict

ohh God!! Teach what you preach dear   πŸ˜†

If you have problem with someone calling "BLIND FAN" and consider that as NAME CALLING, then you need to stop calling others BLIND HATERS  πŸ˜†

Similarly if you like any actor, that does not mean others have to kiss the ground that the actor walks on too πŸ˜†
You cannot also question someone for their choice to NOT LIKE an actor. πŸ˜‰

Lol tell me whete i called anybody blind hater .I m not like you i know actors are meant 4 criticism i just discussed with her no where i called her blind hater read my posts carefullyπŸ˜‰
SunshineFlames thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: honeyrosid-6

Sorry fr poking in middle  ..I feel Manish is good actor ...bt he didn't get chance to proove his skill..he acted in serial where the story revolves around sisters n his role is like wallpaper ...even I'm huge fan of him still if I was not ok with charcter graph I definitly won't support his charcter..n any I feel if his acting is not ok in any scene I definitly wont praise him blindly

I think he is a lot better than other TV actors. IDK how Shohaib's acting was after SSK but in SSK, Manish was far better than him. I am sure if he got chances to play better characters, he would shine πŸ˜ƒ
obstinatefemale thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SunshineFlames

What is with saying people vent their personal frustration on Indiaforums? People really think it's a good comeback?  🀣

Since this forum is dedicated to analyzing shows/movie/actors, people here do just that πŸ˜‰

i meant personal frustation for an actress and btw she called me fanatic first which you ignored obviously.
honeyrosid-6 thumbnail

I think he is a lot better than other TV actors. IDK how Shohaib's acting was after SSK but in SSK, Manish was far better than him. I am sure if he got chances to play better characters, he would shine  πŸ˜ƒ

Yeah he is good actor...he got chance to proove himself in swabhiman serial as negtive role...I was quite excited to him o nscreen again that to in different role..bt unfortunately serials stopped suddenly
SunshineFlames thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

i meant personal frustation for an actress and btw she called me fanatic first which you ignored obviously.

I didn't ignore anything. I have reported every single post on this thread which are personal attacks regardless of which side of the argument they are on. 

Why would anyone have personal frustration for a actress who they know nothing about? People see actors' portrayals on screen so it's perfectly justified to judge those portrayals.
chirpyhapibird thumbnail

i can critisize who i want.I havent got any warning from mods.Which means i m within forum rules.You have called me so many names since a long long time.You have attacked me personally all the time and have jumped on my most of the posts.

honeyrosid-6 thumbnail

I think he is a lot better than other TV actors. IDK how Shohaib's acting was after SSK but in SSK, Manish was far better than him. I am sure if he got chances to play better characters, he would shine  πŸ˜ƒ

I didn't like shoiab in ssk I didn't feel like as male lead ..he was like side actor...bt thank God he quit that show n now he is damn good I was shocked to c his change over..i disnt c his serials after bt looks wise he is gud n loved his dedication on his change over
Edited by honeyrosid-6 - 5 years ago
JoonBai thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I consider myself to be a decent judge of acting skills, having done some courses in critical analysis of cinema and written some movie and book reviews. As we are in the Silsila forum, I am going to comment only on the cast's acting, focusing more on Drashti as that's what this post is about.

Drashti is a very talented actress, and without a doubt, one of the best on Indian Television. I barely noticed her in Dil Mil Gaye, as I didn't consistently follow the serial; I just knew her as the curly haired girl with a supporting role. But Geet caught my attention even before the Maaneet romance began, mainly because of Drashti's acting. She portrayed the role with absolute genuineness and captured each and every nuance of the character perfectly. Be it intense scenes, romantic scenes, or funny scenes, she aced every one of them. Of course, Maaneet was the cherry on top and set the screen on fire. I don't think she has or will have better chemistry with anybody else on screen.

I liked her in Madhubala too, but I think her character wasn't very different from Geet. So, while her performance was consistently excellent, I did wish she had a slightly different personality. Rishbala's chemistry was good too, although I would rate it slightly less than Maaneet.

I didn't watch much of Ek Tha Raja Ek Thi Rani and Pardes Mein Hai Mera Dil, but I think her equation with her co-stars was less effective with every show, and again, I couldn't find much of a difference in her character. I know some other actresses (Jennifer Winget is the best example) who have played very different characters on different shows and done well each time.

However, Silsila was different for Drashti. She played an older, more matured woman with a more complicated character. She was no longer a girl. She was absolutely stunning as Nandini, and Kunan's chemistry was superb, especially with the whole forbidden element. Both her role and relationship were very different from her earlier roles, and she did a brilliant job. From being the chirpy, bubbly, daring, and loud girl, she became a homely, quiet, scared, and matured woman, and she did justice to every bit of it. I think the entire cast of Silsila was like blocks of different shapes fitting into the correct slots - everyone did their job perfectly. I know that Nandini's frequent bouts of crying (mockingly called "vibration" in this forum) were irritating to some viewers, but to me, it was totally real. Crying isn't supposed to be aesthetically pleasing. Even Mauli had frequent bouts of crying, and Aditi's crying style and the way she delivered her dialogues was also repetitive, but that's her style of crying. And Nandini had a different style of crying. Nothing is better or worse.

As for Aditi, I always noticed and knew her from long ago, even before she did Ganga. Many members of this forum became her fan only after seeing Mauli, but I was always Aditi's fan. I felt that she hadn't gotten her due and deserved better. And I guess she finally has. I don't think Mauli is a challenging character to portray; in fact, it is the most relatable character for the women of today's generation. But I am not judging Aditi's acting abilities because of that; I think she is as good an actress as Drashti is. Although, I did not like Maunal's chemistry at all, but I am not going to elaborate on it.

Shakti is, to me, is unconventional in terms of the way he looks and acts, as compared to other actors of Indian Television. He is not the typical bulked-up, model-ish guy with killer good looks. He is the guy next door who nobody wouldn't pay much attention to, unless they interacted with him. His acting skills are a big asset, and I first noticed him in the cameo he did on Pavitra Rishta. I immediately liked him and wondered why he didn't have a lead role in a serial. And boom, he was the lead in Meri Aashiqui Tum Se Hi! He played very different roles as Ranveer and Kunal, and he proved his versatility through both. In fact, both characters went through waves of variation, and I guess he played a double role too for Meri Aashiqui. I haven't seen a more expressive actor on screen (other than Sidhant Gupta), and I really feel bad for all the backlash he's getting. He deserves better. And so does Drashti. I admire both of them - one for having the guts to leave the show, and another for having the guts to continue with it. 
Edited by JoonBai - 5 years ago
jasminerahul thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
all tv actors are known for their characters.but a character won't be liked by the audience if the actor peforms bad. years back there was a popular show where the hero character was liked by everyone.but the first actor who played the role was replaced by another actor as his acting skill was poor.but when the 2nd one played that character people started adoring the character.so if people have to like a character ..the character has to be well written n the actor has to give a good performance