Sona Mahapatra And At Least 4 Other Women Have Called Out Kailash Kher

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 5 years ago

For Sexual Harassment

By Rohini Chatterji

Singer Sona Mahapatra on Wednesday shared her story of sexual harassment by Kailash Kher on Twitter after at least four other women raised allegations against the singer.

Over the past few days, since the #MeToo movement has taken the media and entertainment industries by storm, several woman have accused Kher of touching them inappropriately or making lewd propositions.

Simran Soni@chicksim
(1) Here I write my #MeToo story- and I name Kailash Kher. Guess what his profile bio says- Adiyal bairagi hu, ziddi anuragi hu. How poetic right? I will show you what it means- "I am a stubborn recluse, a stubborn lover" I wish I knew what this meant much earlier!

Sandhya Menon
@TheRestlessQuil
Kailash Kher 

From a journalist in Muscat

Mahapatra broke her silence, saying:

SONA@sonamohapatra
 (1) I met Kailash for coffee in Prithvi Caf to discuss a forthcoming concert where both our bands were playing & after the usual, a hand on my thigh with lines likes, your so beautiful, feel so good that a musician got you' (Ram) not an actor. I left not soon after. (1)

SONA@sonamohapatra
 (2) That did not deter Kailash Kher though. On landing in Dhaka & on my way to the venue with the organisers, keeps calling me & when I don't pick up, calls the organisers phone to get through to me & asks me to skip' the soundcheck & join him in his room instead to catch up'

SONA@sonamohapatra
3)The fact that Kailash had sung in my studios & for many projects in which I was the producer & knew me to be as strong as i am or that he had only recently taken a favour from my partner @RamSampathLive to create a personal track for him didn't stop him. #TheHubris of such #men

SONA@sonamohapatra
 How many women will you apologise to Kailash Kher??? Start now. Will take a lifetime. (4)