Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

#METOO gaining momentum: Next is Chetan Bhagat

Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 5 years ago

As Tanushree Dutta and Nana Patekarcontroversy rocked Bollywood, the MeToo movement finally gained momentum in India. Now, women from all fields are coming forward with their horrifying experiences and naming and shaming the offenders. The latest addition to the list of powerful men is writer Chetan Bhagat. As screenshots of his conversation with an anonymous woman went viral on Friday, the author came forward and issued an apology.

Accepting that the viral screenshots are indeed real, Bhagat in a long post on Facebook said he was "really sorry. The conversation was shared on the Twitter by a multimedia journalist, who has been collecting various stories of women. According to the conversation seen on the screenshot, Bhagat is seen saying, "You are sweet and cute and funny and a nice human being. So I have decided to woo you. [sic]

"I am really sorry to person concerned. The screenshots are of course real, and I am sorry if you felt they were wrong I hope you will accept my apology, he wrote.

Saying that the conversation is "several years old, to his defence for his flirting, he said that he certainly felt a connection with the woman, something he hadn't felt in a while. "As I also say in the screenshots, I realized I was married and this was not about looking for any action. I just had not felt that kind of connection in a while, he added.

Arguing that maybe he "was going through a phase, maybe these things just happen he agreed that it was "stupid of him. He informed that he apologised to his wife Anusha. "Once again, I am sorry to the person concerned, and of course most of all to Anusha. I hope you can forgive me, he wrote.

And for those asking how his wife would have reacted, he clarified, "For everyone's information, am running this response past Anusha first, to ensure she is okay with it.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Zeal17 thumbnail

Dear All,

I would like to make a couple of points about the screenshots that someone has shared just a couple of hours ago. It has taken me this much time because I saw them a bit late, and then I was in a conversation with Anusha. I am telling you all whatever I told her, which to my recollection is the truth.

But first of all, I am really sorry to person concerned. The screenshots, are of course real, and I am sorry if you felt they were wrong I hope you will accept my apology.

Just in terms of more information, these screenshots are several years old, and I had met the person in question a couple of times. We hit it off really well as a friendship, and as I say in the screenshots, I did feel a strong connection with her. I did find her a good human being, sweet, cute and funny (as I also say in the screenshots).

As I also say in the screenshots, I realized I was married and this was not about looking for any action. I just had not felt that kind of connection in a while. Maybe I was going through a phase, maybe these things just happen, or maybe I felt the person felt the same too based on our conversations (which I don't need to repeat here). However, it was stupid of me, to feel that way and to even share that with her. I just told Anusha about it as well, and apologized to her for doing the same. I should have had better judgement, but I guess I erred a bit there. Maybe I misread the friendliness. Also, I am not completely sure because it was long ago, but the wooing' bit may have come from a conversation we had about how nobody woos anyone anymore and how sometimes one misses being wooed. My new book then was also about women (One Indian Girl) and we also discussed wooing and relationships in that context.

Also, I also want to clarify that there never was was nothing physical, no lewd pictures or words that were ever exchanged. I think I deleted the person's number soon thereafter and we haven't been in touch for years.

We do feel certain things sometimes, and I did too. I found this person special, and different from all others I had met. I shouldn't have, and maybe I shouldn't have shared it with that person in a private conversation either.

Once again, I am sorry to the person concerned, and of course most of all to Anusha. I hope you can forgive me.

For everyone's information, am running this response past Anusha first, to ensure she is okay with it.

Regards,
Chetan

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I bet 90% of BW actors are predators 
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
I'm confused he was just flirting with someone texting him? That's just a cheater and not necessarily harassment. Or am I missing something here ?
S_H_Y thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
If he Is just flirting 
How is it mee too ?
That's between him ,his wife n other girl concern unless he is sexually assaulting.
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Yes all men are wrong all women are right case closed. 
And when he is already apologising people still have a problem. Its really difficult to satisfy this forum.

they have a problem when someone denies harassing, they have a problem when someone accepts flirting , they have a problem with everything in general
ToujoursPur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hain??
Even other guys say this kinda stuff in fun. A cousin of mine says stuff like this to my grandma calling  her sexy lady😆.

I doubt he was flirting with anyone. If that was the  level of flirting...no one would get turned on by him. Not even alok nath could take offence at that ðŸ˜†. Aur itna wife wife jaap.

IMO he put up those shots and wrote a long letter to cash in on the metoo hype. Nothing  much happened. ...but mahaan me asking for maafi. I am shareef. Book sales gir gaye honge.

ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
What rubbish. This is not harassment. 

And the fact that he is married is his private business. No one gets to decide how his marriage should be but for him and his wife.
Zeal17 thumbnail
Is there defined Metoo definition that it is limited to sexual harassment. 
Me Too is about victims speaking up to whatever unjust happen to them. 

Its about giving them platform to speak up. 

fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
A screenshot of his conversation with an anonymous woman went viral ..who and where is the victim ? And why is she anonymous in this movement is beyond me ! Come out and speak loudly !

Anyways. Somehow i dont see it as harrassment unless the said anonymous woman comes out and speaks on this ..period !