The Arrival of the Toofan- Ep 1

PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 5 years ago
So, the first episode aired and I am already hooked😆
It was well-shot, cinematography was great, music was lovely! (Technicalities- check😆)

Obviously, it was OTT but usually first episodes are always. Especially if we have a very wealthy family to introduce, they have to show us how grand and rich they are.

It was also important because they used it establish the characters and their nature. How Anurag, an heir to a huge empire, is not a spoilt brat but wants to make something of himself on his own, without his father's name automatically attached to it. His mother, on the other hand, is the same TV vamp, full of pride of the wealth she has, hating on people who are below her, over obsessed with her son etc. Then we have her husband, who is such a sweet and down-to-earth guy despite his wealth and status. Their daughter is annoyed because the mother focuses more on her brother, well, every sister will be. You get what I am saying.😆

Then we have the Sharma family. Sweet parents, lovely kids. The perfect little family. Simple Prerna. Prideful Rajesh Sharma. But I did see some saltiness in Prerna's mother towards the Basu's, which is understandable, given Mohini Basu's cold behaviour towards them.

Anyway, so Anurag and Prerna are college mates, not friends despite knowing each other for a decade. Interesting.

Jump to the pandal, beautiful set I must say! Again, Mohini treats them as nothing but Moloy and Anurag give them respect. Sweet gesture!

I loved the quirky conversation between Prerna and Anurag, I am glad they aren't shown too mature for their own age😆 Not a bad chemistry.

Fast forward, who is Mahishasur? (in the serial, I am asking😆) like who was that guy who literally set the whole freaking pandal on fire with a cigarette? That was an amazing shot with the pandit ji's VO as the parallel.👏

What I didn't get was, were they referring to pyaar as a toofan? I am sure they were. 

Unpopular opinion: I can't seem to ship Prerna and Anurag. Yes they have good chemistry but maybe because the arrival of Mr Bajaj is still in my head, I don't even know if we are going to have a Mr Bajaj here but my Mom says there is not KZK without Mr Bajaj so I am still hopeful. 😆

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Nice review! Either the Mahishashur is a random guy who's just creating a fire so Anurag has a reason to save Prerna (😆) or he's Subrato, Anurag's Devil brother. If it goes like season 1, we have a lot of time before Bajaj arrives. He arrived at around 150 episodes in season 1. 
They kept anurag and prerna relationship ase as old one. know each other but not friends which i liked!😛i really liked the first meeting and they kept it like old one.😆 anurag cracking jokes was shocking! chalo koi difference. toofan will be subarato in my opinion or they mighve introduced anti hero in the begining😲 
Originally posted by: ilovepyaar

Nice review! Either the Mahishashur is a random guy who's just creating a fire so Anurag has a reason to save Prerna ( 😆) or he's Subrato, Anurag's Devil brother. If it goes like season 1, we have a lot of time before Bajaj arrives. He arrived at around 150 episodes in season 1. 

I dont remember much so correct me if i am wrong...mr. bajaj entered when anurag and prerna were set to marry after the komolika drama😳
bajaj entered after anurag's divorce. he buys all properties of anurag n kept condition to prerna that marry me n i will stop anurag going bakrupt. at that time anurag n prerna were engaged😭
ilovepyaar thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: dmegha

I dont remember much so correct me if i am wrong...mr. bajaj entered when anurag and prerna were set to marry after the komolika drama😳

Yes, that's correct. Then Bajaj blackmailed her and said he won't return the Basu's property unless she marries him.  So to make sure Anurag and his family weren't on the streets, she married Bajaj (1st marriage with him 😆). Komolika was already divorced to Anurag by then (or they were in the process of getting divorced). 
suhaaana thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Who is playing Mr. Bajaj any idea ?
PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

Nice review! Either the Mahishashur is a random guy who's just creating a fire so Anurag has a reason to save Prerna (😆) or he's Subrato, Anurag's Devil brother. If it goes like season 1, we have a lot of time before Bajaj arrives. He arrived at around 150 episodes in season 1. 

Thanks😆

Maybe it can be a random guy but because of all the music and the camera work, I don't think it was someone random. 

What? Mr Bajaj enters after more than 100 episodes, looks like I will have to wait a lot😭
SRKian thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
I liked it as well. I've no idea what the earlier season was all about but I'm liking it so far.Anurag's joke about liking guys was the best part for me😆 waiting to see how the story unfolds.

Yes, that's correct. Then Bajaj blackmailed her and said he won't return the Basu's property unless she marries him.  So to make sure Anurag and his family weren't on the streets, she married Bajaj (1st marriage with him 😆). Komolika was already divorced to Anurag by then (or they were in the process of getting divorced). 

1st marriage 😆🤣
Prerna was even getting married after becoming great grandmother🤣 and still looked so young🤣