Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 2 years ago

Armaan needs time to digest it all and come to terms with it. Leaving him alone is best.

coderlady thumbnail

Eventually Armaan will have to tell Jhaanvi and Tamanna the truth. They will be mad but they also need to see the other side.

coderlady thumbnail

Armaan has his whole family with him right now. He needs to just let that comfort him.

coderlady thumbnail

Armaan is still suffering inside and hiding it pretty well. Everyone wishes him happiness and maybe their wishes will come true.

virka_luv thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Hopefully Armaan gets over all this and remains happy  ... 

Prizi thumbnail

I don't knw how will jhanvi or tamanna react.. I think somewhere tamanna will be more understanding

Armaan has everyone here.. Love him like this 

tanvi_mitt thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Oh everyone came.. Maybe Armaan can talk to Simran Aunty and feel better.. 

Him meeting Suhana was so pure and hopefully her being around gives him peace.

Well I am glad Riddhima and everyone is giving him space to process. Hopefully he gets over it for his own good.

Waiting to see how it turns out

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Previously On...

Armaan surprises his family by inviting their parents home. Shilpa surprises him by bringing Suhana back.

Track Fifty Four - When You're Ready, Shawn Mendes

It was as if someone had snapped the tightness around Armaan loose. Maybe not so visible to others, but to Riddhima, who was always looking, it was obvious. He was lighter, freer, happier in the days following Simran Aunty’s arrival. Maybe it was because of her or maybe it was because of the frequent visits of one Suhana Dixit who Riddhima was sure at this point was Armaan’s daughter, even if not in blood (and that had been a surprise, hadn’t it? That Sonakshi was married with a daughter. Riddhima didn’t know the details, but she did know that Sonakshi and her husband had also separated at some point and had only just gotten back together a few months ago after years apart. It gave her hope, though she tried to snuffle it tightly. Just because Sonakshi had gotten her husband back did not mean that Riddhima had a chance too. Yet, she could not help but hope.)

She let herself be swept away in the excitement of the wedding, welcoming the distraction. There was something so soothing about all the hustle and bustle around her and she sought it whenever she could. She started spending all her time surrounded by others, never alone, not even when everyone retired for the day for some much needed sleep. Being around people gave her the liberty to not think about Armaan or how bad things were between the two of them, and she would do anything for things to remain that way.

Riddhima knew that she was being a coward, but she couldn’t help herself. She knew that the mature thing would be to talk it out with Armaan, but maybe she was counting on the security that Rahul and Muskaan’s relationship brought with it. Earlier, she’d been scared that maybe this would be the end of everything. She’d already been through it many times before, but she wouldn’t have been able to handle it once more, she didn’t think. But, with Rahul finally confessing to Muskaan and them being a couple, she was secure in the knowledge that Armaan would never be completely out of her life like he had been before. Which meant that it was okay if she didn’t talk to Armaan to make things better immediately. It was better like this anyway, she mused. She could give Armaan all the space he wanted.

But still, despite being surrounded by so many people, with so much happiness, she could not help feeling extremely lonely whenever she looked at Armaan. She longed to be with him, even if just as a friend. She wanted to be by his side as he married his sister off, wanted to be a part of his joy that she’d found the love of her life and the pain that came with sending her away. She wanted to support him in everything. But, alas! She wouldn’t be able to. She contented herself to watch from the sidelines, happy to find happiness in Armaan’s smiles to others.

“Are you and Armaan okay?” Padma asked her one morning. Riddhima shrugged, not knowing what to say.

“Riddhima… you should talk to him once. Aise kab tak chalega?” Padma pressed.

“Maa, he’s mad at me. And rightly so. Plus, his sister is getting married. He should concentrate on that and not me,” Riddhima replied. “It’s not like we won’t see each other after this. I’ll talk to him some other time. Ab toh we’ll keep seeing each other because of Rahul and Muskaan. There’s no hurry.”

“So, just because you’ll see him later, you’ll just let things go sour?” Padma questioned. “I know you’re trying to give him space to process everything, but shouldn’t you at least try to make things better?”

“I will,” Riddhima promised. “I won’t let this sit between us like this, Maa. Even if things cannot go back to the way they were before, I will make things right. We can’t let this incident make things worse. Rahul and Muskaan deserve better.”

“Armaan deserves better too, Riddhima,” her mother replied. “You never should have tried to keep this from him. I understand why he feels betrayed and I know you do too. I also know that you’ve apologized to him, but you have to try harder. You have to earn his trust now, have to show him that you won’t ever do something like this again.”

“I know,” Riddhima agreed. “And I will, Maa. I promise. Once the wedding is over, I will talk to Armaan.”

Padma sighed but didn’t push further. She knew that her daughter was right. Armaan should focus on the wedding. It was his little sister, after all. Padma knew just how important this was for Armaan. She just wanted things to get better between the two of them but maybe now really was not the right time to have this conversation.

However, when she found Armaan in the kitchen the same night, she couldn’t stop herself.

“Armaan? What are you doing up so late at night?” She asked him.

“Couldn’t sleep,” Armaan replied. “And I was getting hungry, so…” he gestured to the cornflakes he was planning to eat. “What about you?”

“I forgot to take water upstairs,” Padma answered. “Lekin, Armaan… why are you eating these cornflakes? If someone else would’ve been hungry, I know you’d have cooked something for them, but for yourself… you’re just eating this?”

Armaan chuckled. “I don’t really like cooking for myself,” he said. “Especially when I’m eating alone.”

“Let me whip something up for you quickly,” she suggested.

“Padma Aunty, there’s no need for you to trouble yourself. I’ll manage,” he replied.

“It is no trouble at all,” she insisted.

“Okay, but you have to let me help you,” he compromised. Padma gladly ordered him around and the two of them made some grilled cheese sandwiches to share with a mug of coffee.

“Riddhima loves these,” Padma commented as they ate. “I try to make them for her as often as I can, but now that she lives separately, I don’t get as many chances.”

“She doesn’t live with you and Dr. Shashank?” Armaan asked, shocked.

“No,” Padma replied. “After separating from Sid, she moved in with Muskaan. Actually, Shashank wasn’t really happy with her decision to leave Sid and they got into a fight over that. Since then, things have not been good between them, so Riddhima thought it would be better to not come back to live with us.”

Perhaps she was being way too candid with Armaan, but Padma wanted him to understand that things had been really difficult for Riddhima in the past few years. She knew she was extremely biased, but she wanted Riddhima to have her happily ever after, and she knew that her daughter would never ever be happy with anyone other than Armaan. If she could help in making that happen, she would. It was only because of her that Riddhima was in this situation to begin with. If she hadn’t emotionally blackmailed Riddhima to marry Sid and had taken her side in the whole situation instead, they would not be here today.

Determined, she added. “Armaan… I know what Riddhima did was wrong. She should have been honest with you from the start. You have every right to be angry with her. I know that. But… she’s my daughter. I love her and I only want her to be happy. And she’s never happy when she’s at odds with you, Armaan. I know I’m asking a lot from you, but if you could consider giving her a chance to make things right, it would mean the world to me.”

“Padma Aunty…” he sighed. “When you know that what she did was wrong, why are you asking this from me? I get that she’s your daughter. Riddhima is important to me too. No matter how hard I try to deny it, she has always been important to me. Somehow, all these years later, she still is. Which is why her lying to me hurts me even more. I trusted her, Aunty. I considered her my friend. She told me that she trusted me with her life. And yet, she hid such a huge thing from me.”

“But then,” Padma argued, “she did come clean herself, didn’t she? Armaan, you should see things from her perspective as well, don’t you think? The two of you met after so many years apart because you left so that she could do justice to her marriage. When you’d finally moved on after all these years, why would Riddhima want to bring this up to hurt you even more? And… she was very scared. She thought that you’d hate her if you found out.

I’m not excusing her actions. Please don’t think that. I completely agree that no matter what, you had the right to know the truth. But, she didn’t lie to you to mock you. She lied to protect you. Have you never done that before? You have… haven’t you? I don’t mean to say that you doing it cancels out what she did. That’s not how this works. I just want you to try and understand where she’s coming from. Because I know you’ve done something similar in the past, I hope you can understand her motivations for doing what she did and understand her better. That’s all.

I won’t force you to do anything, you know that. Riddhima is my daughter, but you’re as good as my own son. We may not have seen each other in all these years, but that doesn’t mean that I’ve started feeling differently. I still see you the same way. Which is why your happiness is just as important to me. And as much as I know you, I know that this will niggle you as long you don’t have a proper conversation with her.

I’m not asking you to forgive her, Armaan. I’m only asking you to give her a chance to make amends. And then, if you still think that you can’t forgive her… that’s your decision. But, please, don’t give up without fighting. Please.”

“You’re right,” Armaan murmured. “It will always be in the back of my head till I don’t talk to Riddhima, but right now… I can’t, Aunty. It’s still too fresh. And, Jaan deserves all my attention right now. She’s getting married in 3 days. I have to be there for her. If I talk to Riddhima, I won’t be able to do that. Right now, I’m in a place where I can let myself not think about Riddhima and still be okay. I don’t think I will be able to, if I speak with her. And, maybe this is childish of me, but don’t you think I deserve to let her stew with this for a few days?

I always planned on having a conversation with her. Just… not yet. Because of the wedding, but also because I don’t want to make things even worse. If I lose my temper and say something untoward, we might never be able to come back from it. I don’t want that. Muskaan is going to be my family, hopefully someday soon. And Riddhima is her family, which makes Riddhima my family too. I don’t want us to spoil anything. I promise, Aunty, I will not just let go without a fight. But right now, I need some time.”

Padma smiled in acceptance. “I understand, Armaan. Thank you for listening to me. I know that at the end of the day, you’ll make the right decision. I trust you to do that. But more than that, I always trust you to never break my daughter’s heart. You’re too good to ever do that.”

Armaan hugged her. “Thank you, Aunty. I won’t. I told you, Riddhima is my family. I will do my best to make things right with her.”

Jaanhavi got her casts removed the next morning. She was absolutely ecstatic and she showed her happiness by running around the house despite everyone telling her to take it easy. After that, Armaan, Rahul, Tamanna, and Myra spent every moment with her. They all orbited around her like she was their sun. Riddhima understood the feeling. She remembered how she’d been before Anjali had gotten married. She’d been the same - spending all her time with her sister, making her favourite food, watching her favourite movies - anything to be with her sister.

It seemed as if all the ceremonies kept passing in the blink of an eye. Riddhima watched as Armaan was the first one to apply mehendi on Jaanhavi’s hands, and the first one to bathe her in haldi. She saw him smile through his tears and wished that she could be there for him and ease his pain. Yet, whenever she turned in his direction, it seemed as if Armaan was walking away. She felt as if he turned around the second he felt her eyes on him. He was trying to avoid her as much as possible and it broke her heart. But, she knew that he needed time to process everything and so she didn’t push.

Instead, she busied herself in the ceremonies. She spent time with Jaanhavi, getting to know her best friend’s wife, and teased Rohan at every opportunity. She helped Atul in looking after Anjali and spent time with Nikki, both of them trying to get over Sid’s betrayal. Nikki had still not told Armaan that Sid had hidden his letters from her, and Riddhima was worried about what would happen when she did. But, for now, she tried to put all that in the back of her mind and enjoyed the wedding the best as she could.

The night before the nuptials, Armaan and Rahul put on a show for Jaanhavi and invited both the bride and groom’s family for it. Armaan pulled out all their home videos for the makeshift projector in their backyard, making Jaanhavi both cringe in embarrassment and happy to remember those times. If there was any doubt in Riddhima’s mind that Armaan loved Jaanhavi like a daughter, it was erased after watching those videos.

Armaan was the first one to hold Jaanhavi after her parents. When she watched a 4 year old Armaan holding his new sister in his arms as if she was the most precious thing in existence, Riddhima couldn’t stop her tears from falling. As she watched them grow up together, and grow closer, her heart felt full. It made her happy to see that Armaan had had Jaanhavi and Bua Maa to give him a happy childhood. It had always hurt Riddhima to know how Armaan had been caught in the crosshairs of Billy and Annie Aunty’s problems. So, she was happy to know that there was someone who had loved Armaan the way he deserved to be loved.

As the grew up, Riddhima watched them become the amazing people they were today and it made her happy to be able to witness this small part of their journey. When Rahul, Tamanna, Rohan, and Sonakshi joined in their mix though, she was hurt thinking about the time she missed out on, wishing she’d been a part of those memories too. But, she was happy that even in these years, away from her, Armaan had been able to find a family who loved him. Because that was what was most important to her… That Armaan always have love wherever he went.

After the home videos, Armaan brought out his guitar and serenaded to Jaanhavi with his own rendition of Phoolon Ka, Taaron Ka and nothing could have stopped Riddhima from bawling then. It was a very beautiful night that ended with all of them in tears.

Rohan and Jaanhavi got married the next day, with not a dry eye in attendance. Like Jaanhavi had wanted, they had a traditional Hindu ceremony followed by a Christian ceremony… and both of them were equally beautiful. Armaan and Rahul sobbed like babies during the bidaai, but with a million promises from Rohan to look after their sister, and a promise from Jaanhavi to always come to them when she needed them, they both saw her off to the new beginning of her life.

“I miss Jaan, Mummy,” Armaan sighed as he sat on the floor with his head on Simran’s lap. They’d just come back from the airport, having seen Rohan and Jaanhavi off to their honeymoon. “It’s only been a day since she’s been gone. How will I live for the rest of my life without her?”

“You’ll get used to it,” Simran said.

“Did you just get used to it after Jiji got married?” He asked.

“Yes,” she replied. “It was very hard for me too, and I spent many days crying, just like you are. But, as time passed, it became normal and I got used to it. You will too.”

“I hope so. I know it’s not like last time, Mummy. I know that I can call her anytime and go to see her, but I still worry that I won’t be able to see her, ever. It scares me,” he admitted.

“Given your past, that’s understandable, Maani. But with time, this fear will go away, too. You’re already talking about this with Dr. Reynolds, aren’t you?” She asked.

“I am,” he confirmed. “I hope it’ll get better soon.”

“It will,” she promised. “Till then, why don’t you tell me what else is troubling you? And why you can’t seem to look Riddhima in the eye?”

“You noticed?” Armaan questioned, shocked.

“I’m your mom, Armaan,” she said. “Of course I noticed. Don’t think that just because I’m over the moon that Rahul finally confessed to Muskaan I haven’t taken the time to see you. I just didn’t say anything before because it was Jaanhavi’s wedding.”

“Riddhima isn’t married anymore, Mummy,” he told her. “But she lied to me about it. For weeks since she came here, she let me believe that Sid was her husband. Only on Rahul’s birthday, when he confessed to Muskaan, did she tell me the truth.”

“Did she tell you why?” Simran asked.

“She thought Tammy was my girlfriend,” Armaan snorted. “She didn’t want me to have to ‘choose’,” he made the air quotes around choose as he spoke those words as sarcastically as he could manage.

“Is that all?” Simran prodded.

“She also thought that I would hate her for not breaking up Sid while I was still in Mumbai,” Armaan admitted. “And Padma Aunty spoke to me a few days ago, which leads me to believe that there is more to the whole thing, but I haven’t spoken to Riddhima since she told me.”

“So, shouldn’t you do that and clear out any misunderstandings you might have?” Simran asked.

“I should,” Armaan agreed. “But I’m still mad at her. I don’t feel like talking to her right now. And I’m afraid that if we talk, things might get worse instead of getting better.”

“That’s valid,” Simran replied. “But, think about it, okay? Don’t let things simmer till it’s too late to do anything to make amends. That’s happened with the two of you before, hasn’t it?”

“It has,” Armaan answered.

“Don’t do it again, Maani. You deserve better. She deserves better. Now, whether that’s a new beginning, or complete closure, that’s up to you. But don’t let your hurt and resentment cloud your judgement. That will only lead to you hurting more in the long run. Riddhima is going back to Mumbai tomorrow. I hope you talk to her before that. I think it would be good for you,” Simran advised.

“Maybe,” Armaan said. “I don’t want it to be like last time. There was just so much that was left unsaid and then it took me years to get over her without finding that closure. And I felt that I was in a good place in my life when she dropped this on me, and if I don’t speak with her, I’m afraid it will mean me repeating the same cycle again.”

“I never want that for you, Armaan!” Simran exclaimed. “Never again. I’ve seen you suffer enough for a million lifetimes to see you go through it once again. Don’t do that to yourself. If not for Riddhima, for yourself. Please talk to her.”

Early the next morning, Riddhima decided that she would talk to Armaan, just once, to tell him how much she regretted her actions and that whenever he was ready, they could have a longer conversation. She was about to leave soon and she didn’t want their time together to end on such a sour note. She did know that there was a possibility of Armaan not listening to her, but she had to try.

Armaan had just gotten back from a morning jog with Nikki, the two of them trying to take advantage of the little time they had left together before Nikki went back to Mumbai to spend some time together now that they were clearing the misunderstandings that had stopped them from talking for so long, when Riddhima descended from the staircase in search of him. It made her happy to see that Nikki finally had her best friend back in her life. From what she’d gathered, the two of them had been through a lot together to ever stop loving each other, and she was glad that things had gotten better for them. Even if Armaan didn’t have the same relationship with her as he did all those years ago, she was happy that he was rebuilding one with all their friends. Nikki, Atul, Muskaan, even Di. Armaan had taken the time to make progress with all of them and she knew that once they all went back to Mumbai, he would still stay in touch with them, as would Rahul.

“Hey,” she greeted the two of them.

“Hi, Ridzy!” Nikki exclaimed with a grin, making Riddhima smile. “Good morning.”

It was funny how quickly things had gotten so much better with the two of them. Since the morning on the terrace when Sid had admitted to hiding the letters, Nikki and Riddhima had sought each other for support and in just a matter of a few days, the two of them had grown incredibly close again. It was just like when Riddhima had first met Nikki. It hadn’t taken them long to find their old rhythm again. A shared secret was all it took for them to bond, even all these years later.

“Good morning,” Riddhima replied. Turning to Armaan, she said, “Can we talk? Just for a couple of minutes? I won’t take too long. Please.”

“I’m gonna go check on Nikumbh,” Nikki stated, hurrying out, giving Armaan & Riddhima some privacy to talk.

Armaan took a deep breath before saying, “Sure. Go ahead.”

He was still skeptical about talking to her, but when she stood in front of him, asking him so earnestly, he couldn’t find it in himself to turn her away. He might come to regret this later, but for now, he would talk to her.

“Thanks,” Riddhima replied. “I don’t know whether you’re ready to talk to me or not, so I won’t force you to. I just want you to know that I really am sorry about everything that happened, Armaan. It was never my intention to hurt you so badly. I know that intent isn’t always everything and that my actions hurt you. So, I really am sorry.

If this is something you can’t move past, just yet, or maybe ever, I understand. But, I don’t want things to be so bad between us. We will become family soon, Armaan. In a way, we already are. And I don’t want the bitterness between us to fester in a way that it starts hurting people around us. Others shouldn’t bear the burden of my mistakes.

So, even though it’s not my place to ask anything of you after everything, I hope you can at least find the will to have a proper conversation with me. There is a lot that I want to tell you, Armaan. They’re not excuses or justifications, but maybe it will help you understand my motivations better and maybe it’ll help things get better.

I know you might not be ready yet, and that’s okay. We can talk whenever you’re comfortable, but I really would like it if we could talk before I leave. I don’t want our time together after so long to end so badly, Armaan. So, please… think about it. And let me know.”

“I will,” Armaan croaked.

“Thank you,” Riddhima smiled, leaving Armaan to his thoughts.

Armaan stumbled upstairs, a million thoughts occupying his mind all at once. He was still mad, but he didn’t want to be. He didn’t want to feel this anger and disappointment where Riddhima was concerned. It was such a foreign feeling to associate all these negative emotions with her. In the past, even when he’d been hurt by her actions, underneath all the pain and anger, there had been love and understanding. But, right now, as much as he tried to understand her, he couldn’t get over the fact that she’d hidden such a huge thing from him, had basically lied to his face, and had taken his choice away from him.

“Armaan!” Nikki exclaimed, seeing him so agitated. “Are you okay?”

She rushed forward to give him a hug. She’d been a little skeptical since Riddhima had asked to speak with Armaan, not because she didn’t want them to sort their differences out, but because she wasn’t sure how Armaan would react. But, she’d still decided to give them time to talk because she knew that this was what was right for both of them.

“Jaani,” Armaan murmured, dazed.

“I’m here, Maani. Kya hua?” Nikki asked.

When Armaan didn’t say anything, she didn’t pry, happy to be there for him in any way he needed. But, a few minutes later, she guided him to his room. Rahul was already inside, looking for Armaan to talk to him.

“Armaan!” He cried. “What happened?”

“Nothing,” Armaan replied finally. “Riddhima,” he added a second later.

“What did she say?” Rahul questioned.

“She wanted to apologize again,” Armaan answered dutifully. “And she requested that I talk to her whenever I was ready, but if I could, to do it before she left here.”

“Do you want to?” Nikki inquired.

“I don’t know,” Armaan admitted. “I don’t want to drag this out, but at the same time, I’m still hurt and angry.”

“That’s why you should speak to her, Armaan,” Rahul advised. “So you’re not hurt and angry anymore. You should have that closure to deal with your emotions.”

“Rahul is right,” Nikki agreed. “You can’t run away forever, can you?”

“And… this is Riddhima we’re talking about,” Rahul beseeched. “I know she’s made mistakes, but so have we, so have you, especially when it comes to her. And… whatever the situation, her heart is always in the right place, Armaan.”

“She’s been through a lot in the past few years, Armaan. Give her the benefit of doubt,” Nikki pleaded. “I’m sure she’s learnt from her mistake and she won’t do anything like this again, but to move on, you have to let this go, which you won’t be able to till you two talk.”

“You’re both right,” Armaan agreed. “I know you are. Everyone is right. You all want me to talk to her, and that’s what I want too. I just need to be 100% sure. So, give me some time to think it over.”

Rahul and Nikki both agreed and then, Nikki left the two alone, actually going to check in on her son this time round.

“So,” Armaan said, once Nikki had left. “What’s up? Why were you looking for me?”

“Muskaan wants me to go to India with her,” Rahul answered. “To talk to her parents. Mummy also thinks I should.”

“Of course she does,” Armaan replied. “Why wouldn’t she? Her parents have been trying to get her married for almost a decade, Rahul. And, now that you two are together, isn’t it your responsibility to do so?”

“It is,” Rahul agreed. “I will go. Just… not yet.”

“Why not?” Armaan argued. “The sooner the better.”

“I can’t leave you like this,” Rahul fired back. “Jaanhavi just got married. Tamanna is also going back with Aai and Baba so that they have time with Myra. If I also go, who’ll look after you?”

Armaan chuckled. “Jaana, I’m a grown adult, not some infant who needs looking after.”

“So much has happened in such a short time, though. You haven’t even had the time to process. What if you need me?” Rahul questioned.

“Then I know you’re just a phone call away,” Armaan assured. “Don’t worry about me so much. Worry about yourself for a change, you idiot! Muskaan needs this. Rahul, you have to go. You have to show her that you’re 100% invested in this relationship and that you’re willing to do what it takes. She’s waited a long time for this. Don’t let it all go in vain. You have to prove yourself to be a worthy partner.”

Rahul still didn’t look entirely convinced, so Armaan added, “Rahul… things are changing now. Muskaan needs to feel like a priority in your life too, doesn’t she? Do you remember what we’d said to Rohan when he told us he was dating Jaan?”

“That he needs to be just as good a partner as he is a friend,” Rahul muttered.

“Exactly,” Armaan replied. “You have to be that, too. I won’t have anyone say that you’re a shitty partner, okay? You have to rethink your priorities now. And not worry so much about everybody else. It might be difficult for me to live alone in this huge house, but I have Mom and Chote Papa… Shilpa is here for a while, as is Karan. And Sonakshi and Suhana. I’ll be fine. And if I’m not, I’ll give you a call and you can be my knight in shining armour once again and take the first flight out to come see me. Okay?”

“Fine,” Rahul finally gave in. “I will.”

“That’s my boy!” Armaan cheered, pulling him into a celebratory hug.

“Why don’t you come with?” Rahul asked.

“Maybe not yet,” Armaan replied, smiling wanely. “But, hopefully soon. Ab toh jaana hi padega. Mummy and Muskaan’s parents will definitely want you two to get married in Punjab. And I’m not going to miss your wedding for the entire freaking world.”

Rahul chuckled. “Soon,” he agreed. “And please, think about talking to Riddhima.”

“I will,” Armaan promised. “Now go tell Muskaan that you’re going with her.”

“Aye, aye, cap’n!” Rahul exclaimed sarcastically, but left to do just what Armaan had asked.

Let’s talk, Riddhima’s phone pinged with a message from Armaan that night. Waiting at the poolside.

Ecstatic, Riddhima immediately jumped into action. She changed out of her pyjamas into a nicer dress, not that it mattered. But, she still wanted to look somewhat decent when she went to see Armaan, given what she was going to tell him. She couldn’t afford to like some half drunk hobo when she told him she loved him.

After getting changed, she took a few deep breaths, wanting to calm herself, and went over exactly what she would tell Armaan in her head once more, not wanting to make any mistakes. She’d been working on her speech, if that’s what you could call it, since the morning. Once she’d asked Armaan for a chance to explain herself, she’d thought it best to be prepared. This was a very important conversation and she needed to put herself across very thoughtfully, in a way that Armaan would not have a chance to misunderstand whatever she was saying. So, it was important that she chose the right words.

When she arrived at the poolside, Armaan was sitting on one of the reclining chairs. The same one that he’d been sitting on when he’d apologized to her, she realized. In a way, their life was coming full circle. Armaan had apologized for his behaviour in the same spot that Riddhima was going to apologize for hers.

“Hey,” she murmured softly, taking a seat beside him.

“Hi,” he replied. “I thought about it. And you’re right. I don’t want our time to end like this, and I don’t want to be angry with you. Not anymore. Being mad at you is very tough, Riddhima. It hurts me in more ways than I realize. I don’t want to do that. So, talk. And then, maybe, it will get better. Maybe it won’t, but I’d rather find that out sooner than later, because it’ll only hurt more if it’s later.”

“I guess you’re right,” Riddhima muttered. “I understand exactly what you’re saying.” And she did. She knew just how hard hating Armaan was. She’d tried so hard and yet failed so miserably.

“Armaan,” she began. “What I’m about to tell you is actually stuff that you should have known about for a long time. I guess I was just too scared to tell you this in the past. But, at this point, I feel like I’ve got nothing left to lose anymore, and maybe that’s given me strength, or maybe it’s because I’ve lost so much that I know that I can’t afford t0 let you go again which has. I really don’t know.

So, I’m sorry, for not being brave enough to tell you all this before. You should’ve known. And I’m also sorry for hurting you the way I have in all the time we’ve known each other, just because I was always scared. If I hadn’t been, things would have been really different between us and I will always regret that, no matter what.

You know, it’s very cheesy to say this, but it’s also true, and I don’t really know how to express myself better, so I’ll just use the same analogy again. You know when they say you’re the light of my life? I always thought that was an exaggeration, but after I met you, I found out how true that is. Because you were, Armaan. You were the light of my life. Before you, I’d never known life could be so beautiful. Maybe that’s very corny, but that’s how I feel.

You know I’d never been in a relationship before you. I’d always been so naive about love. So, when I fell in love with you, I didn’t even understand that. I mistook all my feelings as affection for a friend, never even realizing how I didn’t feel the way about Atul the way I felt about you. Maybe I was just lying to myself then, because I was scared of being in love, but I really didn’t think of my love for you as romantic for so long. I know that my indecision about it hurt you a lot. I never apologized for that. I’m sorry, Armaan. I should have faced my feelings earlier rather than being in denial for so long. It might have helped both of us a lot if I had been truthful to myself, and to you, if I’d done that.

Once we got together, my life really changed, Armaan. I hadn’t ever been as happy before. Each day was so bright and beautiful. Spending time with you brought me joy that I’d never felt before, so much that I often questioned if being so happy was possible. I know we had our disagreements and our fights, but it was still one of the happiest periods of my life. But, like I said, it was my first relationship, and I was not good at it, no matter how good we were together. I wasn’t good at communicating, at talking to you about my feelings.

Which is why, you never knew that despite it being the happiest period of my life, it was also the scariest. You see, it was my first relationship, but we both knew it wasn’t yours. And we both knew the kind of girls you’d dated before me - bold, confident, charismatic. You know you had the reputation of being a skirt chaser. And who was I? I was a stubborn little know-it-all who wore salwar suits. I always felt like I was in some sort of competition with you exes. I always got the feeling that you’d break up with me and move on with someone like one of your exes once you got bored of me.

It was not right of me to feel this way, to question your love and loyalty to me. And if I had doubts, I should have been open and honest with you, but I was scared. So, instead of letting myself be vulnerable, I hid behind the mask of my perceived self-righteousness. When your closeness with Muskaan bothered me, I should have told you about it, but I didn’t. When I found out that you’d pretended to be her boyfriend in front of her family… it felt like my worst fears had come to life. In some corner of my heart, I felt that maybe you weren’t pretending, that maybe you’d just gotten bored with me and were falling for Muskaan.

So, to save myself from the pain of you breaking up with me, I broke up with you. I thought that if I didn’t let you have that power over me, I’d feel better, but Armaan… I really didn’t. I realize now that I should have spoken to you about all this, should have told you how it hurt me that you hadn’t thought it important to tell me that you were going to pretend to be someone else’s boyfriend. I should have told you that I was afraid that you would leave me behind and move on with Muskaan.

If I had, maybe we would have been able to sort our differences out and wouldn’t have been apart for so long. But, like I said, I was scared. And then, after Chirag and Ritu… and everything that happened, when I finally realized just how in love with you I was, maybe we should have talked about all this, but I didn’t want to taint our new beginning with the pain from the past, so I didn’t.

Being with you was… it was a dream come true. If I’d thought you were a great boyfriend before, the boyfriend you were after we got back together was a million times better. That sounds pretty childish, I guess, but it’s true. You were a great partner, Armaan. You helped me so much without even realizing. The way you supported and trusted me helped me in becoming more confident in myself and that wasn’t something I’d had with anyone before. Papa had always had expectations from me, and while I knew he loved me and trusted me, he was never as vocal about his support as you were. You saying it out loud made a very big difference. On top of that, you were always so affectionate and caring. It made me feel so loved to be around you. I always felt cherished. It was a new feeling for me, and I basked in it thoroughly. I loved how you loved my family, how you supported them in any way you could. I loved that you were Di’s best friend, that you helped Dad in whatever way you could when it came to Sanjeevani, that you always stood by Mom’s side in everything. Most of all, I loved how you stood by my side. I loved how you fought for our relationship, how you fought for me.

But, I was only deluding myself, wasn’t I? Being with you for so long made me think I knew what being in a relationship meant, but really, I did not know what being in an open relationship meant. I never thought that our friends and family finding out about us would change things so much, but it did. We’d spent so much time in our little bubble, where it was just the two of us, and when it wasn’t just us, I wasn’t ready. It had been easy when it was just us, trying to do our best and living up to the other’s expectations. It’s when others started having expectations from us too that I began faltering.

With all the pressure, I started fighting with you for the smallest of things and somewhere down the line, the two of us forgot to communicate the way we should have. I knew how Papa’s overbearing nature was pressuring you too, and his obsession with finding what exactly was happening within your family and especially your parents was very troublesome for you, but I never saw his faults. I should have understood your concerns and should have supported you and tried to talk to Papa, but instead I got defensive. I’m sorry about that too. I shouldn’t have been so stubborn.

And, well… with Pari, I still think you should have been honest with me and told me everything from the start, but maybe, I shouldn’t have been so harsh when I did find the truth. Yes, I had trusted you to be honest with me and I thought you trusted me to know I wouldn’t think you’d cheated on me and when that happened, it really hurt me. But, maybe, instead of being so quick and making a decision in haste, I should have taken some time to evaluate everything and cool down before I said that we should break up. I realized my mistake the minute you left, but by then it was already too late.

I spent the next day only searching for you, Armaan. Calls, messages, voicemails. I sent them all. I even went to your house, but you were nowhere to be found. And when I did finally find you… you weren’t you anymore. You weren’t my Armaan. That was one of the most difficult periods of my life. I just wanted to hug you and apologize to you and love up on you but you didn't even know who I was. I tried to support you in any way I could, but I wasn’t able to. I’d resigned myself to my fate, but then you found out the truth and you even started falling for me again. That day when I was supposed to leave but you managed to stop me… That was one of the best days of my life. Things were finally looking up for us. I had you back. You said you loved me. You proposed. We were going to get engaged. I think you know just how happy I was that day when I visited you at the hospital,” she reminisced.

When Armaan had agreed to talk to her, this was the last thing he’d expected. He hadn’t expected her to apologize for all these things, hadn’t expected her to finally be so honest with her. He’d always suspected that Riddhima hadn’t been able to open up to him the way he also hadn’t been able to with her, at least about his past, but he’d suspected that as time passed, they’d get more comfortable with each other and one day, would share all these things with each other. They’d gone their separate ways before that day ever came.

Now, Armaan had only thought that their conversation would centre around her decision to lie to him, but he was coming to realize that maybe if he didn’t know all this, he wouldn’t really be able to understand why she lied. Hearing her say all this, in a way, he did understand. She’d been afraid of losing whatever tentative relationship they were building and so, had decided not to tell him. Hadn’t he lied to her so many times for the same reason? If anything, he understood that most of all.

“Riddh…” He tried to say, but she cut him off. “I'm not done yet, Armaan. Please don't say anything now. If you do, I might not be able to finish what I've started and I can't let that happen.”

Understanding just how much courage it must’ve taken for Riddhima to admit all this, Armaan nodded. Taking another deep, steadying breath, Riddhima continued.

“When you left me, I wanted to hate you. And I tried. Believe me, I tried so hard. But, I started hating everything else instead. I hated that I couldn't hate you. I was angry at the world. It was then that I understood how much I really loved you. Hating the entire world was so much easier than hating you ever was, Armaan. Sometimes, I suspected that there was more to it than what Papa told me, but then I would stop myself because I didn’t think Papa would lie to me. When he didn’t like you, he’d never had a problem with having his opinion known, despite knowing how much it hurt me. And, he’s my Papa. What reason did I ever have to suspect that he lied? But he did. That was simultaneously the happiest and saddest day of my life. I was so happy to find that you still loved me but I was heartbroken to find out how you’d been suffering. I couldn’t make sense of Papa’s betrayal and Mumma’s complicitness in it.

I chose not to dwell on the negatives, and only focused on you. I focused on how much I loved you, how much I wanted to be with you. That’s why, I immediately set out to find you. I was so excited, Armaan. I imagined that I'd find you, take you in my arms and then never let you leave. But… But things didn't happen the way I wanted them to. When you left me in that cottage that night, saying I should move on, I was never planning to listen to you, Armaan. I was prepared to wait for the rest of my life.

But then, everything changed so quickly, so many things happened at once and the circumstances were such that I ended up getting married to Sid. I… I didn't want that, Armaan. Please believe me. I didn't want that at all. I couldn't ever imagine sharing my life with someone else. But, Mom’s pleas and Papa’s insistence made it so that I gave in to them. But… I tried to resist till the last possible moment. If it hadn't been for Sid…” She trailed off, not wanting to tell Armaan about how she'd tried to end her life.

“Anyway, I didn't have control over what happened then. I was just trying to make sense of everything, trying to accept that this was how my life was going to be when you came back. Seeing you in that park that day… It felt like I could breathe again. Do you remember what you’d said that day? That you’d only been breathing before that moment, that you wanted to live now that you’d found me. I felt exactly the same way.

I… I wanted to hug you so tight, no one would be able to tell where I ended and you began. I… I wanted to kiss you, listen to you talk. I wanted forever with you, Armaan. But, then I saw the ring. The ring that Sid had given me. And everything came crashing down. My wishes, my wants, they would only just be unfulfilled dreams. No matter what the circumstances were, Sid was my husband. I couldn't leave him. When I’d married him, I’d made a promise to him, but also to myself. You know what marriage means for me, Armaan. You always did. You understood that I’d never go against those vows, no matter how much I wanted to. And, I didn’t want that for you, either. I was afraid that you would be labelled a homewrecker if I left Sid for you. So, no matter how much I wanted to be with you, I stuck with Sid. I tried to like him, to see him as a husband, to give our relationship a chance. Seeing you in Sanjeevani everyday was such a torture. I just wanted to forget everything and rush into your arms, but I couldn't. Seeing the pain you were trying to mask with that fake smile killed me every single day. I wanted to take it all away, but I couldn't do that.

When you started growing closer to Shilpa, I was so jealous! I know it was hypocritical of me. I was already married, I told you so many times to move on, and then I couldn’t even bear the sight of you being friendly with another girl. You have no idea how many times I wished that it had been me in her place. But, I couldn't dishonour my wedding vows and so I tried to distance myself from you. I tried so hard, but it seemed like everything I did hurt you. Getting back into bike racing, kickboxing… the way you hurt yourself hurt me, Armaan. I wanted to take your pain away, but how could I, when I was the one who gave it to you?

When… When you left again, it was the bleakest day of my life. I wanted to shout that I loved you, that I'll only ever love you. I wanted to stop you from going, wanted you to take me in your arms and never let me go, but I didn't do anything. After that, my carefully crafted world fell apart. I was… I was never able to give Sid any rights of a husband. When he tried to talk to me, I couldn't bring myself to share myself with him, tell him about myself, my dreams, my desires like I did with you. When he tried to come close to me, it would shake me to the core, Armaan. I was never able to bear him touching me. Even something as simple as an arm around my shoulder made me clam up. So, when finally, neither of us could take it anymore, we decided to end it.

I wanted to find you right then, tell you everything, finally confess my love for you, but I didn’t. I didn’t think I had the right to barge into your life and force my decisions on you once more. So, I didn’t, even though I fought with myself everyday, not wanting anything more. Slowly, I learnt how to live it, knowing that with how much pain I'd caused you, it was better to stay away. I understood that being away from you was the penance I was to pay for hurting such a beautiful person like you. I contented myself with our memories, happy to love you from afar, never knowing if I would see you again. It was difficult at first, but loving you was always a huge part of who I was, and I clung on to it. Slowly, I settled down in my new life where there were no expectations from me and I was free to love you the way I wanted to.”

Armaan had tears in his eyes by now. She'd suffered so much and never even said a word. How could he have doubted her love for him? He understood her, better than anyone else. And yet, when the time came, when she needed his support and understanding the most, he'd been too lost in his own grief to see the pain she was in. He’d done his best to abide by her decisions, to give her space, but he’d also been hurt and angry and had lashed out at her more times than one. Maybe, if he’d been more understanding, things would have been better for her. It wasn’t entirely his fault. Logically, he understood that. He’d been in so much pain as well. But, in his heart, he couldn’t help but feel guilty for causing pain to her, even if indirectly.

“Seeing you again after 7 years on that hospital floor? That was when my heart started beating again, Armaan. Before that, I had just been going through the motions of life, not really caring about anything. But, then suddenly, after so long, you were right there in front of me. And in so much pain. I wanted to be there for you, wanted to support you in your hour of need, but I couldn't. I was the one who'd ended everything between us. So, how could I assume that I had the right to comfort you? You don't even know how hard it was for me to see you that way and still not be able to do anything.

Seeing you again woke all my dreams, Armaan. Those dreams that I'd locked away in some far corner of my heart, the dreams that you and I had seen together - of a happy married life full of love and togetherness. I wanted to tell you about them, confess how I was feeling, but I didn't. I thought… I thought that after everything that had happened, all the pain I'd caused you, you'd hate me. And I wouldn't have been able to bear that. Knowing you hated me would have killed me, Armaan. I can live with anything, but not your hatred. I've only ever known your love and even the thought of you hating me sends chills down my spine. I know that makes me selfish, but that’s how it is. I guess, I’m extremely possessive about you as well.

And… you know I thought you were dating Tamanna. I was scared to tell you because I wasn’t sure what your reaction would be. You seemed happy with her and I didn’t want to be the cause of taking that away from you in any way. I didn’t know what would be worse, if things were such that you would leave Tamanna on finding out, or if you’d moved on and it wouldn’t matter to you that I wasn’t with Sid. It makes me sound very arrogant when I say this out loud, and maybe I am. I don’t know. But this is the truth, Armaan.

I was just trying to look out for you, in my very warped sense of reason. I felt that I’d brought you enough pain for ten lifetimes to add even a little more. I only wanted your happiness and nothing else. But, I shouldn’t have taken your choice away from you. I should have been honest. I shouldn’t have made a decision for you. I knew how much it hurt me when you did the same to me, when you left me after the shootout without asking if I wanted that, and yet I did the same thing to you. I should have learnt from our mistakes, and should have done better. But, I was too scared to even try.

When I saw how things went downhill after Muskaan was brave enough to confess to Rahul, I got even more afraid. Muskaan and I had made a pact, you know… If she confessed to Rahul, I would tell you, too. But, after the way Rahul reacted, both of us got scared and when I didn’t tell you the truth, Muskaan understood my reasons and supported me. All my friends and family understood why I was lying to you. It was wrong, but they were there these past few years, and maybe they understood the dilemma I was in which is why they decided to support me. I don’t really know what motivated them. But I’m grateful that they respected my choice. Please don’t be mad at them. It wasn’t their fault that I decided to lie to you. This isn’t something that you should have found out from someone else. I was the one who should have told you, which is why none of them did.

I'm sorry that I've caused you so much pain, that I didn't understand you, that I never loved you enough, that I doubted you, that I was scared. I'm sorry for every tear that you've cried because of me, Armaan. I'm so sorry for everything,” Riddhima broke down, sobbing.

Unable to take it anymore, Armaan walked to her and pulled her into a tight hug. Feeling his arms around her, protecting her from the rest of the world like they always did, Riddhima melted. She hugged him back just as tightly, holding onto this perfect moment where there was nothing but him and her. If she never saw him again, this one moment would be enough for her to last a lifetime.

Armaan was crying hysterically, his breath leaving his body in sobs. He never knew Riddhima had loved him so much. Listening to her today, opening her heart for him to see, Armaan was bowled over by the affection she'd carried for him for so many years, but had been afraid to show. It made him question every decision he'd taken. Maybe, just maybe, if they’d both been smarter, things would not have gotten so bad.

After a few minutes, Riddhima pulled back. She gently placed her palms against Armaan’s cheeks and wiped away his tears. She couldn’t see him cry anymore, especially not because of her. Armaan leaned into her touch, basking in the feeling of her skin on his after so long. Hesitantly, he cupped her face and wiped her tears too. Riddhima smiled at him beautifully and Armaan was lost.

“Armaan,” she said, her voice hoarse from the crying. “For so many days, I haven't said anything because I was trying to give space. I never told you all this before, because I was afraid of being honest… to myself and to you. But, I can't let the fear overpower me. I’ve already lost too much because I was scared. I can’t lose more. I can’t lose you again. If I’m not honest now, I'll regret it for the rest of my life. I have so many regrets when it comes to you and our relationship, love, and I won't be able to live with myself if I add one more to the list.”

Pulling out of his arms, she stood a little away from him before saying, “I love you, Armaan Mallik. I've only ever loved you. And I always will.”

Hearing those words from her mouth after so very long gave Armaan a sense of peace he hadn't felt in years. He was at the same time surprised and not surprised that she'd said it. He'd understood, somewhere in the middle of her long speech that this was what she'd been trying to tell him. That she loved him. But, he hadn't expected her to come outright and say it. Nevertheless, her confession had left him all sorts of breathless, invoking feelings that had been long dead. He couldn't help the surge of affection and love and devotion that swept through him in magnitudes after hearing her say that she loved him.

This girl, his Basket. She was so amazing. And brave. He couldn't believe that she'd said all that she had. Never in his wildest dreams had he imagined that she could love him so much. That she'd spent so many years loving him with everything in her, alone, while he'd been finding ways to forget she even existed. It made him feel so guilty. He always thought that she'd never been able to understand him and his love for her, but today, today he found out that he hadn't been able to understand her and her love for him either. Maybe they’d both been too young then, too naive, to understand just what love was. So many mistakes, so many wrong choices. If only one of them had been truthful when it mattered, all this pain and misery could have been avoided. They could have spent so many years together - happy and in love. They could have been a family!

But, try as he might, Armaan couldn't bring himself to regret the years he'd spent without her. Or his life in New York. He'd come here, a broken man drowning in grief, but today, he was a happy, self assured person who found joy in the smallest of things. He understood now, better than before. When he was with Riddhima, his love for her overpowered everything else. He was so involved with her that other things started to fade away for him. Everything about him was tied to her. His happiness, his sadness, his loneliness. But now, he didn't need someone else to be happy. He was happy all on his own.

He'd found his baby sister again. After 8 years of separation, their family was together again. He'd found Rahul. He'd never even imagined that Rahul had cared for him so much. Yes, they'd been close friends, the bestest of buds, back in Mumbai, but these past years had made him see just how deeper their relationship ran. They weren't just best friends or pseudo brothers. In some ways, they were each other's soulmate - the one person who understood the other better than they did themselves, the one person who was always there through thick and thin, who cared for them so much that they were ready to do anything to make them smile. Yes, he had understood how important Rahul had been. And then there was Tamanna. Armaan shuddered to think what might have happened had he not been there to rescue Tamanna in time from the animals that were his husband and brother in law. She'd trusted them implicitly and they'd tried to do such unspeakable things to her. If he hadn't found her when he did, Tamanna might not have been here today. And, he wouldn't have found another baby sister.

He thought about his god daughter, Suhana, his niece, Myra, and Shailee Di’s child on the way, his three moms, Shilpa, Karan… the family he’d built here. The career he’d made as a doctor in Sanjeevani, New York, how he’d fallen in love with music again, how he’s made his Bua Maa’s dream a reality and become a singer. He thought of all the friends he’d made along the way, people who genuinely loved him, cared about him… the long nights at the hospital where Chloe would stop by his cabin for a coffee, the hard days at the label when Peyton would sit by him and help him through whatever he was feeling, the weekends off when he’d go visit Aunt Karen and spend time with his family.

He remembered the days he’d spent huddled with Rahul and Mummy, doing anything and everything to make Raj Uncle more comfortable… the way they’d truly become a family during that time. He remembered Sonakshi’s broken cries when she’d called him, asking for help, and her tearful laughter when she’d found out she was pregnant. He thought of all the years that had passed in between and he had been there for his friends, the same way they’d been there for him. The ups and downs, the failed relationships, the warm hugs, the cheerful laughter, the bad days and heartbreaking cries, the fear and the nausea… all of it wrapped in his life for the past 8 years.

In leaving Riddhima behind, he’d gained so much. He’d also lost a lot, but that was life. He’d grown up, found family, and become a better person. Try as he might, he could not think of giving all of that up. So, yes, he couldn't bring himself to regret the time he’d been away from Riddhima, but he did regret the fact that they'd had to suffer so much for each other and because of each other.

Looking at Riddhima standing in front of him, expressing how much she loved him, the only thing Armaan wanted to do was sweep her into his arms, hug her tight and kiss her with everything he had in him. He never wanted to let her go. But, something was holding him back. Try as he might, he wasn't able to take even one step in her direction. He couldn't utter a single word after everything she'd told him.

Too much time had passed. Armaan had thought he’d moved on from her. But now, he wasn’t so sure. He wasn’t sure if this affection he was feeling for Riddhima was just something that was happening in the moment because she’d bared his soul to him, or it was him unfurling the feelings he’d somehow managed to suppress for so long. He didn’t want to make a decision in the heat of the moment that would only end up hurting both of them in the long run. He wanted to think carefully before making any decision, but it seemed cruel to not say anything after everything that she’d told him.

Sensing his distress, she continued. “I know that you didn't expect me to say it. But, it's the truth. I love you, Armaan. I always will. And, I know that I don't have the right to expect anything from you, or to ask you for anything, but still, I want you to give us one more chance. I want you to give me one more chance. I know you've given me plenty of opportunities in the past, and I've wasted them all away, but I promise, if we get back together, I will love you so much that the past 8 years will only be a distant memory, a nightmare.

I know my promises might seem empty right now, but I truly mean it. You aren’t the only one who grew up in these past few years, Armaan. I did too. I know that I made a mistake, and I am extremely sorry for that. But, please don’t judge me for this one lapse in judgement that I had. I know that it’s difficult for you to trust me, but please… try.”

“Riddhima… I… I don't know what to say. I… I've waited for you to say these things for so long. And, if you would have said all this 8 years ago, I would have never let you go. Ever. But now… I… I'm so confused. I don't know what to do,” he grumbled desperately. “I… I'm scared, Riddhima.”

Riddhima understood his state very well and nodded. “I know, Armaan. Too much time has passed, a lot has happened. I can’t expect you to still have been waiting for me after everything. I know that you might not feel the same way that I do. That’s okay, Armaan. I can accept that… even though I desperately wish for you to feel otherwise, I can’t force you to love me. After everything, I know it’s difficult to forget it all and start afresh.

But, I want you to know that in these past 8 years, my love for you has not changed. I know we’re both a little different from the people we were back then, but you’re still the same Armaan who would do anything for the people he loves, who only spreads love and happiness wherever he goes… that same old charming Armaan Mallik, making the world a better place, one dimpled smile at a time. And I still love you.

I know that I just dropped a bomb on you with this, so I don’t expect you to have an answer for me already. I know you’re scared to trust me again. I’m scared too. I don’t know if us being together would be a good idea. But, not being with you is scarier for me. It has always been scarier. I can’t let you go again, not without a fight. So, this is me fighting for you, Armaan. For us. I hope that you know that irrespective of whatever you decide, I will always love you. And I hope that you can move on from the past and give us another chance, but even if you can’t I hope that we can at least work to becoming friends again. If that is also not something you’re comfortable with, I will have no choice but to accept that. But, at the very least, I hope we can find common ground and be civil to each other. We’re going to be family, aren’t we? For Muskaan and Rahul’s sake, if nothing else, I don’t want there to be any bitterness between us.

So, please… Think about it. Take all the time you need. I'll be waiting, till my last breath, hoping that one day, you'll know.”

Armaan was gobsmacked by her words. His eyes widened and his heart thundered. The love that laced her voice, clear as day.

She smiled at Armaan and stood on her tiptoes. Placing a long, lingering kiss on his cheeks, she whispered, “I love you,” in his ears before leaving the room, while Armaan could do nothing but stare after her. 

Happy 29th October, I guess??

I'm pretty sure none of you were expecting this so I will give you some time to collect your thoughts LOL

Originally, I was planning on writing Jaanhavi's wedding in more detail and it would have taken idk some 2-3 chapters? But the AR interaction in it would've been very limited and most of it would be Armaan avoiding Riddhima so I was like fuxk it let's skip to the good part. Waise bhi you guys have been waiting for this story to actually move forward for years.

Plus, it was 29 October, so it just really felt like fate to have Riddhima confess today. I really hope the wait was worth it. I tried my best to make readers see Riddhima's perspective and show how she's been suffering too, but more importantly, just how much she loves Armaan. I hope that translated well. 

Please, please, please let me know your thoughts on this. I'm eagerly awaiting comments. (I hope they're all positive LOL but I know this might seem soon to a few of you. Lekin, this was always the plan. I want you all to know that Riddhima's confession doesn't mean that things have gone back to normal in the blink of an eye. They've certainly gotten better, yes. But they are still on their journey.)

Love, Prags

DMGThings thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Maybe I had too many drinks

But that's just what I needed

I hope that you don't think that what I'm saying sounds conceited

When I look across the room, and you're staring right back at me

Like somebody told a joke and we're the only ones laughin'

Don't know why I tried

'Cause ain't nobody like you

Familiar disappointment every single time I do

Every single night my arms are not around you

My mind's still wrapped around you

Baby, tell me when you're ready

I'm waitin'

Baby, any time you're ready

I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now

If you haven't found somebody

I promise, I'll be around

Tell me when you're ready

I'm waitin'

What if my dad is right

When he says that you're the one

No, I can't even argue

I won't even fight him on it

Call you when it's late

And I know that you're in bed

'Cause I'm three hours back

Seems like you're always six ahead

Don't know why I tried

'Cause ain't nobody like you

Familiar disappointment every single time I do

Every single night my arms are not around you

My mind's still wrapped around you

I'm waitin'

I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now

I'm waitin', yeah

And if I have to, I'll wait forever

Say the word and I'll change my plans

Yeah, you know that we fit together

I know your heart like the back of my hand

So baby, tell me when you're ready

I'm waitin'

I'm waitin'

Even ten years from now

I'm waitin', yeah

I'm waitin'

I'm waitin', oh

Even ten years from now

I'm waitin', I'm waitin'

- When You're Ready, Shawn Mendes

coderlady thumbnail

Riddhima is avoiding the talk with armaan. Its understandable in a way. Its not a pleasant thing to go through. But sooner or later she will have to.