Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Batul22 thumbnail
Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 4 years ago

On one hand there's ilyltf wherein everything is just a dream come true..

And then there's tdbu which also shows one of the possiblity of how things could have turned out.. though a one which no one would have ever thought of 

While reading ilyltf I cant help from going aww

And then when I read this I wish all these was just baad dream

I dont want to put any blame on either arman or ridzi.. I feel that neither of them is to be blamed for.

Probably they were just victim of circumstances and maybe decisions made in hurry which could have been the only right option for them at that time..

What I feel is that gang should not have splitted instead they should have been there and probably made them realize what are they doing just like how AR directly or indirectly have been cupids for others even when they themselves were struggling with their emotions 

I just want the ultimate confession to happen asap..

So that everything sorts out

Bananahammock thumbnail

Originally posted by: DMGThings

Hi, Payal!

So... Your message really made me think. And as I went over the story again, I can see how you might think that is the case. Fact is that I had Armaan - Nikki scenes and even Armaan - Atul scenes planned around this time after Armaan & Nikki had that talk and found out that they'd sort of tried to contact each other in the past but had failed to show just how important they still are to each other despite everything, but decided to forego them because while they add required depth to the story, they don't take it forward and with the way I haven't had the time to update as much as I want to and seeing as this has already been in writing for so long, I wanted to reach a phase where Armaan & Riddhima are back together quicker so that I could explore those relationships later.

But. Your concerns are absolutely valid and reading this right now does feel like Atul & Nikki really aren't all that important to Armaan, when they are. It is true that he's projecting a little in his NY family right now, but it's also true that he's sort of moved on because he decided to live his life as best as he could. But that never meant that Atul or Nikki weren't important anymore. I've failed to show that because I chopped their scenes off. But, reading this, I've realized that was a mistake and I shouldn't have thought I'll show Armaan with Atul & Nikki later to make up for the lack of them now because then it'll feel like he's building those bridges only because he's back with Riddhima but that's not the case. So, I'm gonna include their scenes from now, even if they're not moving the story forward because Atul & Nikki are still very much a part of Armaan's life even if they weren't around.

Thank you so much for this insight! It was really helpful! I hope that soon, you won't have these questions anymore. Just give me a couple chapters because their scenes were planned after the baby shower as well, and they'll definitely be there now. :)

Glad to hear your take on this. 

Truth be told, this seems more of an introspective fanfic rather than a plot filled one. I do understand wanting AR to get back together, but I simply love the background and depth you've created for each character, even if I don't like the character itself. For plot, I appreciate ILYLTF as it gives me the dose of fun and progression in the storyline that I hope for. And although not much plot progression, I am enjoying TDBU for the character analysis, although I could do without some of the newer characters, but I do understand that they are essential to the story as they all play a part in why Armaan is the way he is now. 

I get what you mean about omitting scenes. It may or may not have helped see the story in a different way. To me, it just felt like Armaan was not interested in rekindling the relationships he had back in India, in which case he should make it clear to them so they can keep their distance, and just act as the wedding guests they are instead of getting too comfortable with him.

Also, I didn't mean to single out Atul and Nikki, but Armaan doesn't really have a relationship with Abhi, and he's had Rahul by his side the whole time. Muskaan Armaan would be lovely to see, although she has her fair share of problems too going on at the moment. And I didn't think he would be doing much bonding with Anjali, as I'm sure he'll be thinking of her as Riddhima's sister first. 

It's just a pretty crappy situation they're in, and I'm sure they're all navigating it the best way they see fit. I'm just anxious to see the repercussions of this reunion and the effect it has on the rest of their lives (if any).

Thanks for the explanations!

Payal

Bananahammock thumbnail

Originally posted by: scorpiofazy

you are absolutely right to some points..but don't you think they should accept this armaan now... where were they when he needs them...when he came back nd found out the truth...where were they when he needs someone to console him...they all were busy in their own life..so they should understand that now they can't back the old armaan back... they should not feel much disappointed in this regard coz he moved on from that phase nd most importantly he is living a happy life where there are people who loves him...yaa they might feel hurt nd want old ARMAAN back but they should also be happy for him nd m sure they are...but its just that they have to accept this new ARMAAN..nd yaa NY family do wins when it comes to his priority coz they are his present nd he do love Sanjeevani folks but now he has people whom he should look after...nd this time if our precious AR do get back together...i want riddhima to compromise this time... coz he has done alot of compromises when they were in a relationship ( though its upto them when nd where they should live their life) but that's a long way to go....

nd i agree with you with lack of armaan-nikki nd specially armaan-atul convo.. they should have happened.... who doesn't want to see armaan nd champ talking nd then Nikki join them nd do some masti together...so please praags ye hona chahiye...

nd you were absolutely right on some points nd i agree with you..but just sharing my POV...hope you didn't mind...

thank you :)

So I'm not too sure about what happened after Armaan came back. DMG Season 2 is something I wrote off completely. I'm not sure how much of it Prags has kept  canon in this fic - did Armaan come back and everyone ignore him? Or did he only reach out to Riddhima and leave everyone else in the dark? In which case I wouldn't blame them. BUT, if he did reach out and Nikki/Atul weren't there for him, yes that's different. In that case I wouldn't expect him to want to have a relationship with either of them now. I'd actually be against it. I'm curious to know if he reached out before the whole letter debacle, as I'm convinced Armaan wouldn't have just let Nikki go if she didn't respond to letters. He must have tried talking to her face to face. They are (were) too close for him to just accept that she didn't want him in her life from some mail marked "return to sender". And I don't think Nikki would've given up looking for him too. Something's missing here. But waiting to hear on this from @Prags.

I think they have accepted this Armaan. They obviously know they can't change him and make him the way he was before the AR split. I think the issue now is: how do they fit into this new Armaan's life? Does he still want them there? In what capacity? What rights do they have over him now?  Especially in deference to his NY family. Being able to have Armaan in their life is new, and navigating this new reality is hard for them. I assume they would want to leave it up to him to decide what role he wants them to play in his life, and are waiting for him to take the first step as they don't want to cross any boundaries. I'd actually love to see Atul and Nikki talking to each other about this and maybe a conversation between Atul Anjali or Nikki Abhi, where they discuss this, as I'm sure they feel insecure about Armaan and his family. 

Payal

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago
coderlady thumbnail
Most Comments (2023) 1 Thumbnail Most Comments (July 2023)  1 Thumbnail + 8

Just started reading this. starting from chapter 1.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 1

7 years is a long time. Many things can change.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 2

Whoever Jenny is, Ammy is so close to her he can't handle something happening to her.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 3

This is tough for Riddhima. She never knew about his panic attacks. She is hated by people she never met.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 4

armaan has a lot of people looking after him. Just not the one he wants.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 5

First there is Jenny. Then there is Tammy. Confusion for Riddhima.

coderlady thumbnail

chapter 6

Hiding things would be the wrong thing to do. Let the facts be clear and decide from there.