TDBU #3 [An AR FF] - (Track 66 to 69 - Page 82/83) - Page 31

Posted: 4 years ago

Hey came across your FF it is great simply but please continue soon we need to know how AR get together this time please dont keep us waiting this long it's been months that you hadn't posted a chapter please continue soon

When can we expect next update. It’s been a while since u have updated new chapter.

I came to check for an update and realized I forgot to comment on the last chapter! So sorry! It's been 3 months but life has been hectic - my kids turning 1, Diwali, Christmas, vacation, everything just hit me all at once. 

Brooke Davis. Am I correct in assuming this is Brooke from One Tree Hill? I think you included some other characters as well in earlier chapters, but I was too excited to be reading a DMG fanfic to pay too much attention. What I wouldn't give to shop in a Brooke Davis boutique. (I know exactly what I would give, actually. Probably pawn off my children.) It's no wonder Anjali and Nikki are ready to claim this as the best days in their lives!

It annoys me slightly how out of context Armaan and Riddhima are. I want nothing more than Armaan just grabbing Riddhima and telling her to stop dancing around him. But the Armaan of TDBU is too disengaged from the DMG Armaan to do so. And Riddhima. So indecisive. I truly hope she has the guts to say something before they have to leave for India. Speaking of, how long is this "vacation" that 3/4 of Sanjeevani's doctors seem to be on? Is it feasible for 3 administrators to be out so long? (Again, please don't feel obligated to answer- this is just my mind picking on technicalities that really don't need to be answered).

I would love to see more background on what happened after Riddhima-Sid marriage in India (ie Atul and Anjali getting together, getting married, how Nikki and Riddhima patched up, Muskaan's life), perhaps in the form of Armaan catching up on his friends' lives? I don't believe for a second that Armaan did not grill Atul on how he finally managed to propose to Anjali, and hearing about the chaos that I imagine Nikki, Muskaan, Riddhima, and Abhi had to go through. 

I would also love to see Armaan (and Rahul) with Dr. Keerti's and Nikki's kids. They have so much to catch up on! Perhaps even (and I fear this may be too hopeful) an Abhi-Armaan talk? 

Eagerly awaiting the next update.

Payal

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago

Previously On...

Armaan takes the girls shopping. AR spend sometime together while the others wonder how to get them back together but decide to not push or manipulate the duo too much.

Minnie comes back. Some emotional Riddhima - Minnie moments.

Track 44 - Honest Mistake, The Bravery

"Decorations?"

"Check."

"Invitations?"

"Done."

"Food?"

"Taken care of."

"Presents?"

"Wrapped and ready."

"Happiness?"

"In abundance!"

"Love?"

"A basketful."

Minnie stopped and looked at Armaan when he said that. Of course he'd say that. She should have known. No matter what he said, Armaan would always love Riddhima.

"What?" Armaan asked. "Why are you looking at me like that?"

Minnie just continued to stare.

"So? I said basketful? So what?" He shrugged. "Doesn't mean anything."

Minnie still stared.

"Okay, seriously. It doesn't mean anything. Shut up," he ordered, but his protest was half hearted. Of course it meant something. It meant the entire world. He just couldn't help himself. It felt like he was falling for Riddhima all over again. He couldn't have that. She was married to someone else! This would only end in pain for him again. But then again, he was Armaan and she was Riddhima and whenever he was around her, he couldn't help but fall in love all over again.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Minnie asked softly.

"I'm more than okay. I'm great!" Armaan replied.

"Boyfriend…" Minnie sighed. Armaan just gave up the pretense and pulled Minnie into a tight hug.

"I'm so glad you're home, girlfriend. I really missed you," he told her.

"I missed you, too," Minnie answered, hugging him back. "And I got your back. No matter what."

“I know,” Armaan replied. “But, now is not the time to get emotional. We have to get everything ready soon. Tammy might arrive any moment! This has to be perfect!”

“Don’t worry. It will be! I promise!” Minnie told Armaan. “Tamanna Di is gonna be so happy, Boyfriend!”

Armaan grinned widely. He sure hoped so. Tamanna had waited for this day for such a long time! For as long as he could remember, Tamanna had always expressed her desire to be a mother, and now, it was finally happening! They had waited for more than 2 years to see this day, and now that it was here, Armaan couldn’t contain his excitement.

When Tamanna had told him and Jaanhavi that the adoption had finally fallen through, and that was the errand she’d been on with Rahul a few days ago, Armaan hadn’t known how to react other than to have a breakdown right there and then. He’d laughed and he’d cried and he’d hugged Tamanna to the last inch of her life. She deserved this. They deserved this. A new member in the family. A niece. His niece. Armaan could hardly wait.

He already knew he was going to spoil her rotten. She might even become his favourite person in the whole world, even more than Jaan. He hadn’t given that place to someone other than Jaan since the day she’d stepped into his life almost 30 years ago, but for his niece, he’d do it. For her, he’d do it all. He loved her so much already, and he hadn’t even met her yet!

But, ever since Tamanna had told them, Armaan and Rahul had been extremely busy. The agency had told Tamanna that everything would be finalized within 4 days and on the 5th, she would be able to take her daughter home. That was tomorrow. Armaan’s niece was coming home tomorrow. Myra was coming home tomorrow.

Myra. Just her name was enough to make Armaan giddy with happiness. She was the most gorgeous little girl from what he could tell from the pictures he’d seen. All of 5 years old, but a little spitfire nonetheless. Just like her mother, she’d been through some tough times, but now she was coming home, and Armaan would protect her with his life.

“Armaan! Is the cake done?” Rahul asked, bringing him out of his musings.

“Huh? The cake?” Armaan asked, a little dazed. “Um… yes. It’s done.”

“Okay. And everything else? The presents, the decoration? Did you cross check everything?” Rahul questioned further.

“I did,” Armaan assured him. “Don’t worry, Jaana. This baby shower is going to be absolutely amazing and Tamanna is gonna love it.”

“Yeah?” Rahul asked, worried. “I really need it to be amazing for Tamanna. A baby shower is an important milestone in the life of a mother, right?”

“It is,” Jaanhavi agreed, walking in from behind Rahul. “But, don’t worry, Rahul! You guys have outdone yourselves with everything. Tam is gonna love this so much. I’m sure she’ll cry a million tears, though. She’ll be so overwhelmed,” she commented lightly.

“As long as it’s happy overwhelmed,” Armaan murmured.

“It will be!” Minnie butt in. “The two of you need to relax! Get dressed. Karan Bhaiya and Shilpa Didi will be back with Tamanna Didi any minute and you need to be ready for when she gets here!”

They all agreed and went to their respective rooms to get ready. Armaan put on one of his best tuxedos. It was probably too much for a baby shower, but he couldn’t care less. He would be dressed to the nines to celebrate this occasion, anyone else saying anything be damned. As he looked at a watch to change into, his eyes fell on an old box lying in the same drawer. Remembering where the box was from, he teared up. He immediately picked it up and pocketed it. Changing his watch, he left his room.

When he got downstairs, everyone else was already there, and they were all dressed up too. Perhaps they’d all gone overboard for a baby shower, but Armaan was glad that everyone understood how momentous this occasion was, for Tamanna, and even for the rest of them as a family.

"Wow!" Vedika exclaimed as he came down. "You look sensational!"

"Thank you, sweets!" Armaan replied, hugging her. "You look absolutely gorgeous!"

"Armaan, just fyi," Shailee added, "I expect an equally amazing baby shower next month. In fact, better, because you have longer to plan it."

"Same!" Anjali agreed. "I demand you go above and beyond for me, Armaan Mallik. You have almost 2.5 months before mine."

"Stop it!" Juhi scolded both of them. "You girls always just look for ways to trouble my Maani."

Armaan laughed and hugged her. "I love you, Mom! You're the best!"

"I know," she replied smugly.

"Waise, I should let you know that you ladies don't have to worry," Sonakshi, who was also arrived to be a part of the celebrations, owing to her closeness to all of the family, piped in. "Armaan is pretty good at throwing a party."

“That is true,” Muskaan agreed. “He was always responsible for putting together our parties back when he was in Mumbai too.”

“And back in college,” Nikki agreed.

“Armaan, did you only ever throw parties, or did you work too?” Abhi asked, teasing.

“Ha, ha, ha!” Armaan laughed sarcastically. “You’re so funny, aren’t you?”

“Yep,” Abhi replied.

“Whatever,” Armaan rolled his eyes. Turning to Riddhima, he asked, “Can we talk?”

“Um… yeah. Tell me,” she replied.

“Alone,” he told her.

“Sure. Come,” she answered. “Is everything okay?”

“I think so,” he answered. “I just really need to talk to you about something important.”

“Okay,” Riddhima said. “Lead the way.”

Armaan smiled and guided her to the poolside. The last time they’d sat there had been the night that Armaan had admitted to his deepest regrets to her, and had apologized to her for a ton of others. This might be the best place for another heart to heart, talking about the difficult things, which was what he wanted at the moment.

“So?” Riddhima asked, once she was seated on one of the pool chairs. She was looking at him with an expectant, yet confused, smile on her face. It was surprising that he wanted to talk to her alone for something, but then, it seemed important. And, they’d been getting more comfortable with each other with every passing day. As if the decade’s worth of distance between them didn’t matter. As if it didn’t matter that they’d both broken each other’s heart so brutally. As if he hadn’t left her when she needed him the most, and she hadn’t married someone else. She was surprised at the camaraderie they shared despite the history they had. It meant the world though. She wouldn’t trade this relationship for anything in the world. Never.

Armaan, on the other hand, was just sitting there dumbstruck. He hadn’t really been paying attention before, but Riddhima had chosen to don the red dress he’d chosen for her a few days ago for this occasion. Sitting here in the moonlight, he was mesmerized by her beauty. She looked like the most beautiful thing he’d ever laid his eyes on. For a second, he was transported back to a time where she was his Riddhima, the love of his life. When he was free to hug her, to kiss her, to compliment her as and when he pleased. When he didn’t have to think twice before holding her hand, before telling her he loved her, before thinking that he was lucky to have someone like her in his life.

He couldn’t help but breathe out, “You look exquisite.”

Riddhima instantly blushed. “Thank you,” she murmured, stealing her eyes away, unable to look at him. “You chose well,” she complimented him, not knowing what else to say.

“It’s not the dress, Riddhima,” he insisted. “It’s you. You make it look so beautiful.”

Riddhima blushed deeper. “Thank… Thank you.” Not being able to handle the compliment, she added. “Did you call me outside to tell me that? You could have done that inside as well.”

That snapped Armaan out of his daze. Right. He had a job to do. A question to ask. “No, no,” he disagreed vehemently. “I needed to ask you something.”

“What?” Riddhima wondered.

Sighing, Armaan removed the box he’d found in his drawer earlier and kept it in front of Riddhima. Riddhima looked at him, wondering what it was, and Armaan opened it gingerly to show her what it was. Riddhima’s breath caught in her throat when she looked at the contents of the box. She looked up at Armaan, stricken, not knowing what to say.

“Armaan?” She questioned shakily. “What is the meaning of this?”

“I… I…” Armaan fumbled. “I want… I want to… Uh… god! This is hard!”

Riddhima couldn’t help the flare of hope that arose within her. She knew it was impossible, she knew that Armaan would never do this, not now, not when he thought she was married, but a girl could dream. Had he somehow found out the truth after all? Was this his way of letting her know he had?

“Riddhima,” Armaan started again, completely unaware of the turmoil in her head, the hope in her veins, the love in her heart. “I know this isn’t ideal… and god! I don’t think this is appropriate in anyway, but I still do want to ask you this, and if you’re not comfortable with it, please, please, please say no. I won’t ask any questions about it. I promise.

But I… I really want this. I know that what I’m about to ask you is something very big, and maybe even too much, and maybe I know I don’t have the right to ask you this either, but I’m just going to put myself out there and ask you anyway.”

“Anything,” Riddhima whispered. Her heart was beating so loudly, she was surprised he couldn’t hear it.

“Riddhima… I want… I want to… I want to give these to… to… Tam… Tamanna… I… I know that they… they belong to you… and me asking this… it’s not right at all. I know, okay? But I… I really want this. Please,” he said.

Every word out of his mouth broke Riddhima’s heart so badly, she didn’t think it would ever stitch itself back up again. Of course! Armaan was never going to ask her something, least of all to marry him. Why would he? After everything that had happened between them, it would never happen. She knew that. She’d been a fool to hope otherwise, even for a damned second.

“Armaan,” she replied, her voice thick. She quickly wiped the couple of tears that had fallen from her eyes and continued, “you don’t have to ask me this. They… They aren’t mine.”

“Of course they are, Riddhima! Just because I held onto them doesn’t mean they’re not yours,” Armaan disagreed vehemently.

“Armaan, they were never mine,” she told him. “Remember that day when Umar Bhai gave these bangles to you?” She asked, her eyes sweeping over the gorgeous golden bangles in the box.

“Of course I do,” he replied indignantly. How could he ever forget? It was one of the happiest days of his life. Sure, he’d forgotten all about it when he’d gotten his amnesia, but after the shootout, his treatment had brought his memories back, and he’d never forgotten any moment that he’d spent with Riddhima. Those moments had been all he’d had. Those memories had seen him through the toughest of days.

“He’d… He’d never given these bangles to me, Armaan,” she said. And as much as it pained her to admit, it was true. They weren’t for her. “He’d given them to you. For his daughter - in - law. Yes, at one point… both you and I… we… we thought that that would be me. But now… Now that’s… that’s not true.”

“Riddhima…” he whispered, heartbroken. How could she have said that? Umar Bhai had meant these bangles to be hers, and only hers. No one else.

“No, Armaan. Please. Don’t. They’re meant for your wife. That means they belong to you. And you can do whatever you want with them. And… you have no idea how much it means to me that you asked my permission for this, but you do not need to. If you want to give them to Tamanna… Please, do so,” Riddhima told him.

“Riddhima… no. You…” He tried to say, but was cut off.

“Armaan, I swear. Just… I am not the one you should be asking this. Please… you can do what you want with them,” she said, getting up from the chair and walking back into the house, not even giving him a chance to respond.

She’d misread the situation so badly, and Armaan didn’t even know why, but her thinking that Tamanna was someone who he was romantically interested in, cut Armaan deep. He ran after her, wanting to talk, to explain, but when he got inside, she was nowhere to be found. He was about to go look for her, but everyone swarmed him, needing him for something or the other, and he never got the chance to talk to her.

Riddhima had run straight to her room from the poolside, with Muskaan hot on her heels. “Ridzy,” Muskaan whispered once inside. Riddhima immediately hugged her and started sobbing.

“He… He… Mus… Muski,” she said between sobs. “He… lo… love… loves he - her. He… he wa… wants to… to gi… to give… her… he… he’s giv… giv… giving her… the… bangle… he’s giving her the bangles!”

“Which… which bangles?” Muskaan asked her. “The pushteni kada?” She added after a moment, aghast.

Riddhima immediately shook her head vehemently. “NO!” She screamed. “Thank god, no!”

She ran her fingers across her wrist, feeling the kada that was still in her hand and then hugged it close to her. They might've been for Armaan's wife at some point, but now, they were hers, even if she never became his wife. In her soul, Riddhima had married Armaan years ago. And that was enough for her to hold onto this one memento from their relationship. She'd given up everything else, but she'd never give these up. Not for anything in the world. Not for anyone in the world. Not even for Armaan himself.

Armaan could marry Tamanna if he so wished, and if he thought it would make him happy. She would be his wife, and she'd wear Umar Bhai's kangan. But the pushteni kada was hers and would always be.

“Then?” Muskaan wondered, breathing a sigh of relief. She knew how much the kada meant to Riddhima and parting with it would shatter her.

“He’s giving her the bangles… the ones that… that Umar Bhai gave him… for his bahu,” Riddhima explained.

Wordlessly, Muskaan hugged Riddhima. What was she supposed to say? Her best friend's heart was breaking because of her other best friend. She'd never begrudge Armaan any happiness in life, but the fact that this was breaking Riddhima's heart, broke her heart too. She was so sure that Armaan would never love someone else enough to marry them, not like he'd loved Riddhima. And she thought that he could say it all he wanted, but she didn't completely believe that Armaan had moved on either. But, it seemed he had. And she was happy for Armaan, she truly was. But Riddhima… She didn't know what else to say.

But, it did make sense, she suddenly realized. Armaan's overprotectiveness over Tamanna, so much so that a nightmare had made him stay on the floor of her room for an entire night, his fierce hatred for her ex, his unbridled joy on finding out that Tamanna was going to be a mom. It all pointed in the same direction, but they'd all conveniently ignored the signs. Armaan really did love Tamanna. There was no denying it anymore.

"Riddhima? Muskaan? Are you in there?" Nikki asked, knocking.

"Haan, Nikki!" Muskaan replied. "What's up?"

"Shilpa just texted," Nikki replied. "Tamanna will be here any moment. Armaan wanted all of us to be downstairs for the surprise."

"Yes," Muskaan answered. "We'll be right there."

"Is everything okay?" Nikki questioned. "Riddhima? Are you fine?"

"I… I'm… I'm absolutely fine, Nikki!" Riddhima called back. "Just… Just a minute."

"Are you sure?" Nikki pressed.

"Yes!" Riddhima insisted. "Just give me a minute."

"Okay. I'll see you both downstairs," Nikki said before she left. She didn't believe Riddhima, but Riddhima clearly didn't want to talk about it, and so Nikki let it go.

"Will you be okay?" Muskaan asked Riddhima.

Riddhima nodded, wiping her tears. "I have to be," she said. "I don't have any other choice."

"Ridzy…" Muskaan whispered.

"You know… I don't know how Armaan did it. How he pretended it was okay, how he pretended he was happy. I… How could he have ever been happy for Sid and me? How did he do it, Muski? I… I… This is killing me and I've not even seen them together… But Armaan… He… He saw both of us everyday… And he still managed to do it with a smile. How?" Riddhima asked.

"I don't know," Muskaan answered, because who could do it the way he had?

"Come on… Let's go!" Riddhima said, putting on a fake smile. "This is a big day. A happy day. We need to smile."

Muskaan hugged her once more and the two of them went downstairs.

"Riddhima…" Armaan muttered the second he saw her. He moved to talk to her, but by then, the doorbell rang, signifying Tamanna's arrival. Riddhima would just have to wait. It was time. And he'd be damned if he didn't give it his all. Tamanna deserved this, and he'd go above and beyond to make sure that she had the best night ever. 

I know I'm the worst. I don't need reminding. Sorry for making y'all wait so long! But been super busy these days! I promise I'm writing as much as I can whenever inspiration strikes me, but for some reason it's been difficult to write things that stay true to AR and do justice to their story, which is why both ILYLTF & this one are having such slow updates. But, I'm trying my best. I'll try to update ASAP cause I finally have a proper vision of where the story should go, but again, no promises that it'll be as quick as it used to be. I really am sorry about that.

If you're still here, thanks for sticking with me thru this. You're the best. I love you. <3

People

They don't mean a thing to you

They move right through you

Just like your breath

But sometimes

I still think of you

And I just wanted to

Just wanted you to know

My old friend,

I swear I never meant for this

I never meant

Don't look at me that way

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake

Sometimes

I forget I'm still awake

I fu*k up and say these things out loud

My old friend,

I sweat I never meant for this

I never meant

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

It was an honest mistake

An honest mistake

- An Honest Mistake, The Bravery

Nooooo don’t leave ya at such cliff hanger.!!!!! Please please please post the next update. I need armaan to explain and not give these kangans to tamanna 

I know he wants to give these to tamanna as they are from Umerbhai who is her father. But not by hurting ridhs 

Edited by pari0706 - 4 years ago

Hi Prags,

I'm a little short for words, especially since I'm having a hard time understanding the weight of the words and the importance Armaan has given to this occasion and the people he is celebrating. Were the past eight years that he spent in NY truly so important that they overtake what he had in Mumbai? 

"She deserved this. They deserved this. A new member in the family. A niece. His niece. Armaan could hardly wait.

He already knew he was going to spoil her rotten. She might even become his favourite person in the whole world, even more than Jaan. He hadn’t given that place to someone other than Jaan since the day she’d stepped into his life almost 30 years ago, but for his niece, he’d do it. For her, he’d do it all. He loved her so much already, and he hadn’t even met her yet!"

I understand he is close to Tamanna, but this seemed super excessive! Especially considering how close he was with Atul and Nikki, and the fact that they both have/will have children. Has he made any effort to bond with their kids? (Well, kid. I'm not sure how he would bond with the baby.)

I feel very sorry for the Sanjeevani folk, especially Atul and Nikki. I don't think they understand how much Armaan's life has changed and how much he has changed. Perhaps they're setting themselves up for disappointment? I know what it feels like to build up the same relation you think someone has with you, and realize that they don't feel the same way about you anymore. Hurts.

I actually don't understand the use of the Mumbai crowd much, other than to accompany Riddhima to NY. Of course Sid and Shashank and Padma have their own purposes as Armaan identifies with each and needs a dialogue with them, and Muskaan has a plot line of her own with Rahul (itching to see this by the way). But it seems that AA and AN don't evoke much from Armaan, other than the Armaan Nikki talk, which I don't think did much for Armaan as it seems he has filled that void in the form of Jaan, Sona and Tamanna and has moved on from her.

Anyways, sorry for the dissection. I have to say, I don't think I like this Armaan. Actually, I don't like the circumstances he was dealt, leading him to be like this. 

I keep hoping an twin Armaan will pop up who will be 8 years devoid of these experiences and the Sanjeevanians can keep him.♥️  And I have to say, I'm not a fan of his relationships with his NY family. I think he's projecting the relationships he missed onto these friendships, and inadvertently viewing them as greater than they are. 

I could also be very wrong, and this be a simple case of moving on in life, in which instance the Sanjeevani folks should keep a distance from Armaan or they'll be in for a world of hurt. If AR do get back together, what will be their new normal? Would their life be in NY, in which case the NY family wins out in terms of closeness, or would they go back to Mumbai (which I'm praying is the case!!! as it would allow Armaan to reprioritize his relationships and rekindle the emotions with the gang)?

Hoping to hear your thoughts, 

Payal

Edited by Bananahammock - 4 years ago

Originally posted by Bananahammock

Hi Prags,

I'm a little short for words, especially since I'm having a hard time understanding the weight of the words and the importance Armaan has given to this occasion and the people he is celebrating. Were the past eight years that he spent in NY truly so important that they overtake what he had in Mumbai? 

"She deserved this. They deserved this. A new member in the family. A niece. His niece. Armaan could hardly wait.

He already knew he was going to spoil her rotten. She might even become his favourite person in the whole world, even more than Jaan. He hadn’t given that place to someone other than Jaan since the day she’d stepped into his life almost 30 years ago, but for his niece, he’d do it. For her, he’d do it all. He loved her so much already, and he hadn’t even met her yet!"

I understand he is close to Tamanna, but this seemed super excessive! Especially considering how close he was with Atul and Nikki, and the fact that they both have/will have children. Has he made any effort to bond with their kids? (Well, kid. I'm not sure how he would bond with the baby.)

I feel very sorry for the Sanjeevani folk, especially Atul and Nikki. I don't think they understand how much Armaan's life has changed and how much he has changed. Perhaps they're setting themselves up for disappointment? I know what it feels like to build up the same relation you think someone has with you, and realize that they don't feel the same way about you anymore. Hurts.

I actually don't understand the use of the Mumbai crowd much, other than to accompany Riddhima to NY. Of course Sid and Shashank and Padma have their own purposes as Armaan identifies with each and needs a dialogue with them, and Muskaan has a plot line of her own with Rahul (itching to see this by the way). But it seems that AA and AN don't evoke much from Armaan, other than the Armaan Nikki talk, which I don't think did much for Armaan as it seems he has filled that void in the form of Jaan, Sona and Tamanna and has moved on from her.

Anyways, sorry for the dissection. I have to say, I don't think I like this Armaan. Actually, I don't like the circumstances he was dealt, leading him to be like this. 

I keep hoping an twin Armaan will pop up who will be 8 years devoid of these experiences and the Sanjeevanians can keep him.♥️  And I have to say, I'm not a fan of his relationships with his NY family. I think he's projecting the relationships he missed onto these friendships, and inadvertently viewing them as greater than they are. 

I could also be very wrong, and this be a simple case of moving on in life, in which instance the Sanjeevani folks should keep a distance from Armaan or they'll be in for a world of hurt. If AR do get back together, what will be their new normal? Would their life be in NY, in which case the NY family wins out in terms of closeness, or would they go back to Mumbai (which I'm praying is the case!!! as it would allow Armaan to reprioritize his relationships and rekindle the emotions with the gang)?

Payal

Hi, Payal!

So... Your message really made me think. And as I went over the story again, I can see how you might think that is the case. Fact is that I had Armaan - Nikki scenes and even Armaan - Atul scenes planned around this time after Armaan & Nikki had that talk and found out that they'd sort of tried to contact each other in the past but had failed to show just how important they still are to each other despite everything, but decided to forego them because while they add required depth to the story, they don't take it forward and with the way I haven't had the time to update as much as I want to and seeing as this has already been in writing for so long, I wanted to reach a phase where Armaan & Riddhima are back together quicker so that I could explore those relationships later.

But. Your concerns are absolutely valid and reading this right now does feel like Atul & Nikki really aren't all that important to Armaan, when they are. It is true that he's projecting a little in his NY family right now, but it's also true that he's sort of moved on because he decided to live his life as best as he could. But that never meant that Atul or Nikki weren't important anymore. I've failed to show that because I chopped their scenes off. But, reading this, I've realized that was a mistake and I shouldn't have thought I'll show Armaan with Atul & Nikki later to make up for the lack of them now because then it'll feel like he's building those bridges only because he's back with Riddhima but that's not the case. So, I'm gonna include their scenes from now, even if they're not moving the story forward because Atul & Nikki are still very much a part of Armaan's life even if they weren't around.

Thank you so much for this insight! It was really helpful! I hope that soon, you won't have these questions anymore. Just give me a couple chapters because their scenes were planned after the baby shower as well, and they'll definitely be there now. :)

Short update :(

But anyways, happy that you updated.

Well I hope Armaan clears things with her... I want them to be together because they are love and at the same time a tiny part doesn't because I feel Riddhima hurts him more than anythingwhich is what he fears now.

But hopefully everything will be sorted and we see him happy.

Continue soon

Originally posted by Bananahammock

Hi Prags,

Payal

you are absolutely right to some points..but don't you think they should accept this armaan now... where were they when he needs them...when he came back nd found out the truth...where were they when he needs someone to console him...they all were busy in their own life..so they should understand that now they can't back the old armaan back... they should not feel much disappointed in this regard coz he moved on from that phase nd most importantly he is living a happy life where there are people who loves him...yaa they might feel hurt nd want old ARMAAN back but they should also be happy for him nd m sure they are...but its just that they have to accept this new ARMAAN..nd yaa NY family do wins when it comes to his priority coz they are his present nd he do love Sanjeevani folks but now he has people whom he should look after...nd this time if our precious AR do get back together...i want riddhima to compromise this time... coz he has done alot of compromises when they were in a relationship ( though its upto them when nd where they should live their life) but that's a long way to go....

nd i agree with you with lack of armaan-nikki nd specially armaan-atul convo.. they should have happened.... who doesn't want to see armaan nd champ talking nd then Nikki join them nd do some masti together...so please praags ye hona chahiye...

nd you were absolutely right on some points nd i agree with you..but just sharing my POV...hope you didn't mind...

thank you :)